Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inviting new members
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:01 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Just as a note to others............. most all of you received the batch of emails concerning recent (over the last few months anyhow) happenings, on the "other board" we were on. These were the ones where I also added the link here, and "invited" all of you to join.

Just as an idea I would like to tell everyone, rest assured it is O.K. ! for you to invite new members here!
Actually, I rather encourage it.
Please remember, that I do think it is against "That Other Joint" policy, to openly advertise another board, that is associated with TZ, and honestly, I would rather not post about us there anyway, for a variety of reasons.

All I personally did, was speak with several people from "elsewhere", or either ones I knew away from the boards, and I told them of this board, and its creation.
DrM and I spoke about this board many times, before we finally decided to "pull the trigger".

I would like you all to know, that the ones I handpicked/invited, are the first ones that came to mind, as being welcome participants here among us. (pretty much the current core of posters) I also knew that most of you also knew each other from other places/boards as well.

There are 1-2 members from the "other place", that I would rather NOT join here, but thats a personal issue.... although I believe that most of you know the ones I am referring to. But essentially, ALL are welcome, until they begin to start trouble.

Regardless, I think I can safely speak for me, PJ, and DrM, in that we would all 3 appreciate any new members that you may encourage to participate, and invite here.
All I ask is please use common sense, and try and invite people that you would gladly welcome, if you know what I mean.

This board isn't really a "secret", and we still have a few tricks up our sleeves as far as attracting new members.
Last week, DrM and I briefly touched on possible ways to bring in new members, and he had a few good ideas.
Unfortunately we had to cut our conversation short, but we will touch on it again,soon enough.
In time, this place should grow on its own though, don't worry. :clap:

Any ideas on this matter, are appreciated, and may be posted here.

If for some reason a poster would rather contact me privately, you can always send me a PM. :)

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:18 am 

My Mood: Neutral
Just a bump of this thread here to remind all the members.

Anybody that has a "good referral", or someone that may be a welcome addition to our community, then let one of us know.
In case the current members do not know, any "new/unknown" member needs to get his or her account activated by Phineas. If its someone DrMoreau or I know personally, then it won't be a problem, as we can reccomend them firsthand as board founders.
Anyone trying to just "cruise on up in here" from off the web, may* be asked to fill out a small questionnaire that Phineas and DrMoreau implemented, to keep some of the unwanted out.
(Basically its a where and how did you hear about us type thing) Actually, almost anyone can join, but actually accessing some of members only content and posting in general is another matter!

If there are any questions, or you want to let someone know, or ask concerning a possible new member, you can send me a PM or contact me through email privately, if you would rather.

Yes there are a few around that "aren't wanted", but we have kept them away from our community thus far.

There have been a few that asked me who "gingerdidit3x" and "ReapersPromise" are.............
"gingerdidit3x" is someone I know from away from the boards, who is a TZ and classic tv and film noir fan, so she will be a welcome addition.

"ReapersPromise" is someone DrMoreau knows, again, away from the messageboards, so no problem there.

Feel free to invite someone that would be a good fit, and use your judgement. Many of us have known each other for a few years now from the boards, so it shouldn't be a problem.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:26 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
"ReapersPromise" is someone DrMoreau knows, again, away from the messageboards, so no problem there.

True - I met her over at Phineas other board.