Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:34 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
Greetings all.

Unfortunately, if you have a Yahoo or HotMail account that you are using for registration purposes, both of these email providers block Forum Board emails, at least they block our host FreeForums.org.

If you registered and have either as your email activation account, you may have to choose to remove us from the spam/block list or use an alternative email provider for registration purposes. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is something HotMail and Yahoo have set up and neither FreeForums nor I can do any sort of resolve at our end. GMail and Opera Mail does not have this restriction and are also free email providers, you may want to try them as an alternative.

However, if you have signed up and do not have another email provider, I do try to go through the board at least twice a day to check for member sign up and subsequent activation. If member has never activated account I will activate it for them and send them an Email to inform them of their account status.

Thank you for your understanding.

Phineas J. Whoopee
Post Master General

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:33 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
Greetings all,

Just a helpful bump and gentle reminder to any prospective members who may be trying to join our board and may not be receiving our emails.

Happy Posting & Have Fun,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Phineas J. Whoopee wrote:
GMail and Opera Mail does not have this restriction and are also free email providers, you may want to try them as an alternative.

Just in case anyone missed those recommendations.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 pm 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Phineas J. Whoopee wrote:
Greetings all.

Unfortunately, if you have a Yahoo or HotMail account that you are using for registration purposes, both of these email providers block Forum Board emails, at least they block our host FreeForums.org.

Just over a year later, I find myself wondering if we still have this small problem.
True, it can be overcome easily, but might be a bit of an irritation for newer members, especially ones that haven't seen this post yet.

Maybe this is a small problem that will be remedied once we get our upgrade. :oops:

I don't even know if this has affected any of our newer members recently, but I do wonder if it has hurt any of the ones that registered, and never got around to activating/posting.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 am 

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Just a bump on this topic.

If you tried to register using yahoo or msn/hotmail - check your spam folders for the Registration Questionnaire. Perspective members will get an initial email stating they are under consideration from Pushing the Envelope. The subsequent Questionnaire will follow typically within 24 hours or less depending upon the time you register. This is an automated email that is sent out and maybe falsely identified as spam by some email providers.

So, if you received a confirmation of account email but not the questionnaire, check your spam folder.

If you still haven't received the questionnaire after 2 days, reply to the confirmation email requesting the questionnaire.

If after 14 days the Questionnaire has not been responded to, your account will be removed.

PJ brought some interesting email replies to my attention, though humorous, did not inspire him to manually resend the questionnaire. I did verify that automated questionnaires were sent and not responded to. Failure to respond simply misidentifies your account as a probable spammer and drops your account from members lists. It is not a judgment call on you as a person, it's simple automation.