Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:59 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
So is this when the series officially becomes a horror series and the crime dramas end?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:31 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Macabre and suspense mixture through out

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

So then why is this show marketed as a horror series when there are almost as many crime drama episodes? And why do they keep doing them when most of them suck ass? I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 good noir ones so far. Suspense ones are pretty good, maybe one or two really good suspense episodes and horror ones are mostly really good, so why didn't they just stick with the horror, since that seemed to work best for this show? And after all, it WAS Boris Karloff's Thriller, so didn't the producers know that fans would be expecting horror with Karloff as the host and his name on the title of the series?

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:13 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
Greetings All & Anthony,

Anthony, I have moved your questions from the threads to individual topics as they are a question regarding the series as a whole & not specifically about an individual episode. As with all questions of a general nature, please post them in the appropriate series "About" or "General" section & not episode specific threads.

Although I am no authority on the series, these questions are probably best answered by others more knowledgeable on the series then I. However, to answer your questions partially, Thriller was not originally aired as "Boris Karloff's Thriller" until it went into syndication; correct me if I am wrong DrM. According to the info I've read, in the "About Thriller" topic & elsewhere on the web, the series went through several different producers & conceptual designs. Boris Karloff was only a hired host & occasional actor. He had no influence in script selection or produced episodes. Once an earmarked point of what drew audiences was established, it concentrated on that mainstay. Although I agree that it shouldn't be marketed as a horror anthology, because it certainly is not, it is a collection of suspense with horror ingredients; more along the lines of Alfred Hitchcock meets One Step Beyond.

I hope the above helped answer some of your questions.

Have Fun & Happy Posting,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

It did. One Step Beyond is another show I wish would get a complete series release.