It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:08 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
whitsbrain wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:
Im curious about whats under the Denver Airport. Emergency Military bunker maybe or bomb shelter perhaps

I've read just enough about the Denver Airport to know there is plenty to ask :wtf: about.

Well boys, I have been a little busy this week.
But rest assured Monday night I checked out the latest AMERICA DECLASSIFIED:.
In this episode, they have pieces on the Denver Airport "bunker",White Sands "mysteries" and also go over the "NSA Center".

The best of the lot easily was the Denver Airport discussion, and even after you watch that segment you realize there may be things we might not ever know for certain. Its an entertaining piece.

Here is a list of links to that specific episode, and considering your interest both SVB and Whit as well, its well worth the watch.

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2013/1 ... 01e03.html

Looking forward to what you guys think on this.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
there may be things we might not ever know for certain.

TZ DZ fan

And there's the rub. There are never any certainties regarding these theories. I have a hard time watching or reading about them because there's always questions. Questions that lead to more questions with zero answers.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:17 am 

whitsbrain wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

TZ DZ fan

And there's the rub. There are never any certainties regarding these theories. I have a hard time watching or reading about them because there's always questions. Questions that lead to more questions with zero answers.

Did you get a chance to actually see it yet?
Since you mentioned you had read a little about it, I am betting you find it extremely interesting and definitely worth a watch. There are actually miles and miles of "utility tunnels" under the airport itself, and there has been ongoing construction ever since it was opened over 15 years ago.
The airport itself is roughly 3.1 billion dollars OVER its original estimated cost, and the bill (along with the construction) continues to grow. Yep, you read that right. THREE POINT ONE BILLION DOLLARS OVER.
The one big red flag for most people, is this airport is privately funded which is pretty unusual. There is no specific trail for where the money comes from. Thats an extremely large sum of money to not be traceable.
There is one stone marker in the terminals that says everything was funded by " The New World Airport Commission". This appears to be "Freemason" oriented.
By all accounts, it looks to be a huge underground "doomsday bunker" under the airport itself. This may well be for the people that funded the project itself, or in fact for quite a few government officials in the event of a catastrophe. (or likely both) This looks sort of similar to the underground bunker at the Greenbrier in West Virginia. You may know of it, it was popular many years ago and was built to house important figures and government leaders in the event of nuclear war or some other doomsday scenario.
There is also a huge amount of interesting "art" in the airport itself which is pretty weird on its own, and in my opinion downright creepy. You will see what I mean if you check this out.

In an effort to make it a little easier for anyone interested, I will post a direct link to this below.
This "mixturecloud" link is of excellent quality and looks very good fullscreen. (you can achieve fullscreen by clicking the little rectangular box in the player, then just hit the Esc key to bring it back to normal size)

https://www.mixturecloud.com/media/FRZL69od

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I have read about it. In fact, years ago. I'm not saying that there's not something fishy going on. But this may be the mother of all conspiracies. It's a literal conspiracists "Greatest Hits" list. It ties the airport's oddities into Nazis, Masons, aliens, Mayans, New World order, etc. It's totally laughable.

I've also read that those underground tunnels are where missing persons are taken to feed lizard people.

In other words, let's throw all of our shite at the wall and see what sticks.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:49 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
whitsbrain wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

TZ DZ fan

And there's the rub.
Questions that lead to more questions with zero answers.

Bingo.
:P
Im still sticking to Military Base or Doomsday Bunker. Its true that people use the airport with very little proof of anything to tie in all conspiracies together. Although John Kerry does look quite Reptillian. :P :P :P

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

If there's no eivdence, testimony, paper work, witnesses, or even basic high school science disagrees, by golly, it's a conspiracy. Somebody said so, you saw it on a TV show that panders to sensation--not that nasty news broadcast that is so boring! Secrets among three people can be kept--if two are dead. But conspiracy lovers think hundreds, thousands, even tens of thousands of people can keep their mouths shut and would never tell--even for money and attention on TELEVISION to boost their childish egos. Yes, yes, tens of thousands of people dig secret tunnels and contractors outfit them with high tech equipment, even A/C systems or cable TV and it's all a secret. (As a younger man, I once had a gig retyping construction specs which are thousands of pages of things like making sure ditch diggers backfill a ditch for a pipe until is it inspected and how to make a wooden box that hangs on a wall to contain keys--all keyed alike--that unlock doors installed in a firehouse, etc. Everything ever constructed has these pages and in a secret project, they still exist and are leaked.) So under Denver it's all...A coverup! Forget Watergate, Iran Contra, even Bush lying about weapons of mass destruction; it WILL STAY A SECRET because....IT IS A BITCHIN' THING that tickles the uninformed, ignorant masses who never not only read books (real non-fiction books written by scientists, vetted by universities, open peer-reviewed), but have not a clue about how things are built, and how all excavations anywhere globally are monitored by foreign governments and nowadays, Google. But keep one teeny tiny thing in mind if you still think digging under an airport and making a secret Man From U.N.C.L.E. headquarters: All is seen from spy sats in space and a couple of megatons from an ICBM wipes it out the same as if you were on the beach naked waiting for the flash and blast. That's the physics of nuclear bombs. Sorry. They are big. The real world is not a bad sci-fi film with a sterile safe bunker and people coming out after. There would be NO economic reason to do it. But this line of reason destroys romantic emotional beliefs. Wanting to believe in any conspiracy is easier than the tough intellectual effort to actually study and learn how things work. Such study demands intense dedication, reading many dry and non-sensational books, educating the self and grounding the self in established science--heck!--even knowing what the "Scientific Method" is for the establishment of science, AND learning basic skills like logic in order to evaluate "sexy" or "cool" or "TV" ideas in the context of real life. Less fun, harder to do, but embracing reality is the untimate joy of being a mature, intelligent adult.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:04 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:44 pm 

JonnyDuffy wrote:
If there's no eivdence, testimony, paper work, witnesses, or even basic high school science disagrees, by golly, it's a conspiracy. Somebody said so, you saw it on a TV show that panders to sensation--not that nasty news broadcast that is so boring! Secrets among three people can be kept--if two are dead. But conspiracy lovers think hundreds, thousands, even tens of thousands of people can keep their mouths shut and would never tell--even for money and attention on TELEVISION to boost their childish egos. Yes, yes, tens of thousands of people dig secret tunnels and contractors outfit them with high tech equipment, even A/C systems or cable TV and it's all a secret. (As a younger man, I once had a gig retyping construction specs which are thousands of pages of things like making sure ditch diggers backfill a ditch for a pipe until is it inspected and how to make a wooden box that hangs on a wall to contain keys--all keyed alike--that unlock doors installed in a firehouse, etc. Everything ever constructed has these pages and in a secret project, they still exist and are leaked.) So under Denver it's all...A coverup! Forget Watergate, Iran Contra, even Bush lying about weapons of mass destruction; it WILL STAY A SECRET because....IT IS A BITCHIN' THING that tickles the uninformed, ignorant masses who never not only read books (real non-fiction books written by scientists, vetted by universities, open peer-reviewed), but have not a clue about how things are built, and how all excavations anywhere globally are monitored by foreign governments and nowadays, Google. But keep one teeny tiny thing in mind if you still think digging under an airport and making a secret Man From U.N.C.L.E. headquarters: All is seen from spy sats in space and a couple of megatons from an ICBM wipes it out the same as if you were on the beach naked waiting for the flash and blast. That's the physics of nuclear bombs. Sorry. They are big. The real world is not a bad sci-fi film with a sterile safe bunker and people coming out after. There would be NO economic reason to do it. But this line of reason destroys romantic emotional beliefs. Wanting to believe in any conspiracy is easier than the tough intellectual effort to actually study and learn how things work. Such study demands intense dedication, reading many dry and non-sensational books, educating the self and grounding the self in established science--heck!--even knowing what the "Scientific Method" is for the establishment of science, AND learning basic skills like logic in order to evaluate "sexy" or "cool" or "TV" ideas in the context of real life. Less fun, harder to do, but embracing reality is the untimate joy of being a mature, intelligent adult.

WOW. Because some people may or may not believe something a bit fishy is going on at the Denver Airport triggers a rant like that. (or maybe you wrote that with a bit of sarcasm intended) :clap:
OK then......

As far as what I* believe, well thats irrelevant I suppose,but since we are talking about it, I tend to not believe all that bullshit hype about the place really.
Sure, you give some conspiracy-minded theorists one sand grain of an idea, and before you know it , its turned into an entire beach so I can see where you are coming from.

I have to partially disagree with one thing you said though Jonny. You mentioned that The real world is not a bad sci-fi film with a sterile safe bunker and people coming out after. There would be NO economic reason to do it.
I see what you are saying, but as I'm sure you realize, there are people on this Earth with far more money than they will ever need.
And some of those people like to have their own little hideouts / bunkers, in the event of something happening.
So even if its not economically sound or (sensible??) to buy and have such a thing, some of these people just don't care, and can afford it to boot.
Whether or not its in anyone's best interest financially or otherwise, some of these people can and do have such things, though admittedly we are talking about a grand scale here.
I suppose they just figure "WTF" let me go ahead and throw a bunch of money at a nice cozy little spot for me and my family in the event of some doomsday catastrophe happening, then we can relax in peace watching movies while the rest of the world goes up in a nuclear cloud of smoke and fire.

Also note the growing popularity of shows like "Doomsday Preppers". I personally have never seen any of these, so I can't really give a qualified opinion.
I can imagine a bunch of overly paranoid people stocking up on cases and cases of bottled water and continuously adding food and electronic goodies and trinkets to their "safe houses" and resting a little easier at night because of it.

I say the current project known as "PENSMORE" is far more interesting than the Denver Airport. (out in the middle of nowhere, cutting edge technology and a massive effort to make the whole project "green")
I personally think this is far more likely to have some undercurrent of conspiracy-like support. Though judging from what I have read about it, it almost seems like a massive social experiment all trying to "see what we can build" while keeping everything "planet friendly" and green.

I will say this, as far as what I have seen in my lifetime, where there is smoke generally there is fire.
I am of the opinion that there is some type of bunker there at the airport, and from the way it looks, its most likely "just a huge airport" funded by a private organization that also happened to want to use the underground space for their own work/bunker.
I think there is a small *possibility* it is similar to the Greenbrier bunker though not necessarily for government officials, which contrary to what you may or may not believe, was indeed kept "relatively quiet" until years later. (undoubtedly many knew what was going on, but I am referring to the general public knowledge of the place)

For what its worth, I grew up off Jeff-Davis Highway in Richmond Virginia. (and so did another board member Alsunday)
About 3 or 4 minutes drive from a military installation called D.G.S.C. or The Defense General Supply Center.

Now that installation is widely known to have an underground center, with miles and miles of tunnels and military "supplies".
One immediate family member of mine worked there coincidentally. He actually worked "above ground" as did many hundreds of others.
But there were countless others who worked underground. Many stories came out over the years of what may or may not have been located underground there, and I recall hearing mumblings well back into the late to mid 70's, when I was very young.
Most employees were "sworn to secrecy" and were instructed not to divulge anything that they may have worked on or seen. (in the underground areas)
I'm not saying anything "weird" was going on there, in fact just the opposite. It was largely just a military installation (that we know of) that housed weapons and all types of different equipment. Basically a "supply center". :D It later came out there were large underground bunkers there, but for many years it was just a quiet whisper and not widely known.
I'm sure all the "secrecy stuff" was just because the military didn't want anyone to know exactly what was going on there,or stored there, for obvious reasons.
That place was more operational back in the late 70's and early 80's, when we were still having tension with the Russians.
The last I heard from an employee a few years back, is that it was more of an "outdated" installation but was still in use due to the location not being too terribly far from Washington D.C.

Due to a death in the family, I was over that way a few months ago and the place was still there and operational.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 am 

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:26 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Just because most conspiracies are false or untrue...it doesnt change the fact that there is probably one or two that is real. Sorry I dont trust the government. They are capable of evil and covert operations everyday. They pay people to spy on you. and lie profusely about it . They create agencies for the sole purpose to LIE and cover up and spread disinfo. Did I not mention THEY GET PAID?!? Its their job.... Nuff said

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:50 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Also note the growing popularity of shows like "Doomsday Preppers". I personally have never seen any of these, so I can't really give a qualified opinion.

TZ DZ fan

Seriously? I figured you would be all over it. I guess the show is suppose to be educational in the sense that you learn a few survival tips while you listen to the paranoid ramblings about this or that conspiracy. Meanwhile the world goes on.
Its funny at first. Most of them are delusional hillbillies who spent to much time listening to idiots on youtube preach doomsday scenerios and now fear everything. Then when they made another one called Zombie Preppers or some other nonsense it got really sad. Some people are so freakin wacko. They truly believe some of that stuff.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:05 am 

StillValleyBard wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

TZ DZ fan

Seriously? I figured you would be all over it.

Actually, I am not as "conspiracy obsessed" as many of you might think. At least not to the point of those "Doomsday Preppers" and similar people.

I do believe in some "odd" things, but the vast majority of my beliefs and conspiracy related scenarios are U.F.O. and Alien related. The reasons why I tend to believe in aliens and U.F.O. type rumors I have discussed earlier in this thread.
As mentioned before, theres so many weirdos and far-fetched stories and "believers" that sadly its a black eye the real U.F.O. phenomenon will never be able to shake. At least until once and for all it is revealed they are truly among us, or at least proof of existence.

Tonight I watched the latest AMERICA DECLASSIFIED: and once again it had 3 sections.
The first dealt with the widespread belief that John Wayne (and the cast of The Conqueror) were exposed to immense amounts of fallout from "nearby" nuclear testing and fallout from a few years prior. Its fairly widely known that roughly 1/3rd of the entire cast and crew of that motion picture has since died from various forms of cancer.
(being as I'm not really a movie buff like many of you guys here are, it was news to me)
That story examined the area where much of that movie was filmed, and it also covers alot about the testing done years ago in that vicinity. (also a nearby town that has been pretty much decimated with cancer and health issues since those days)

The second part was extremely interesting to me, as it dealt with the new private estate known as PENSMORE.
Its been worked on for a couple of years I suppose by now, and its getting nearer to completion. Basically its being built by one of the most wealthiest men in America, and its the largest private home in the nation. There has been a ton of speculation about this place, and its "cutting edge" technology. Its essentially the first large scale estate that is built with a special reinforced concrete that is designed to be protected from tornado like winds, storms, electricity most any natural disaster scenario and virtually everything except a direct blast itself.
Its also largely a "green" project that is virtually self-sustaining. Very interesting to watch.

The third part discusses Jamestown, and the ever-growing theories that many there resorted to cannibalism during one very harsh winter there.
I mentioned it earlier, but I visited that area on a school field trip over 30 years ago. I don't remember much but it was fairly interesting at the time, and a very beautiful place.

Here is a short clip and preview of the episode.

Link

Here is a link to a page with many links for this episode for those interested and looking to see the whole episode.

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2013/1 ... 01e04.html

The next AMERICA DECLASSIFIED: covers the capture of Boston crime boss Whitey Bulger, also Centralia, PA, a city destroyed by a 50-year fire -- but not a single house has burned down. Finally, how did a lone 5-foot, 100-pound man build Florida's mysterious Coral Castle, America's Stonehenge?

This one doesn't seem quite as interesting to me, but I am sure I will check it out anyway. Even though its not always something I am seriously interested in, the show is fairly well done and I have enjoyed every episode thus far.
The best covered the NSA facility and Denver Airport though, in my opinion.

I have been unable to find much about future episodes, though I know one upcoming episode covers the Alcatraz escape.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I haven't had the chance to check this out yet, but I will. It looks fun.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:18 am 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

Beware The Creeper wrote:

Can you or anyone else tell me where the photo is from?

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:23 am 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

I've brought it up here before, but late November and UFOs make me think of one thing, the 1896-97 "Airship" subject. It has some strange things in common with later UFO stories, but a lot of differences, so you don't have too like UFOs in general to like it. And of course you can find the subject online in countless places.
One good site has a few different titles like "THE MICHIGAN AIRSHIP" - it's devoted mainly to the Midwestern stories, but even that fills up a lot of pages.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:36 am 

Two-Bit Floozy Betty Lou wrote:
Beware The Creeper wrote:

Can you or anyone else tell me where the photo is from?

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:07 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Oh yeah...that bikini clad damsel in distress is Geena Davis.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:10 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
And it also has Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet in a cameo!

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 am 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

whitsbrain wrote:
Oh yeah...that bikini clad damsel in distress is Geena Davis.

Thank you. And is that Jeff Goldblum himself in all that make-up? (I've never seen it, but I know they were both in it.)

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yep, I almost positive that it is.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:21 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
It most certainly is Jeff Goldblum!

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:30 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I just noticed we dont have an X files section. The creators of that show did alot for the UFO myth up to that point.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:28 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Love the X-Files! But man, the mythology is a mess.