Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:14 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I set this thread up, not as a poll, but looking for more comments from the other interested members.

Those members here that know me well, know I have a keen interest in this "UFO" subject, and in fact I have quite a few books concerning this. (not to mention literally hundreds of hours of web research and watching documentaries, etc.)

I know I touched on this before in other threads, but I am looking to post abit more on it, and will add in a few things here as time goes on.

While looking for a few things tonight, I came across a trailer for something released earlier this year.
Here is the trailer................

The Day Before Disclosure (Official trailer)

Link

As someone who has done a ton of reasearch and study on this subject, I am very familiar with most all of the people in this documentary, but more importantly, the incidents that the people in this talk about.

Even if you are not a "believer" in that sense of the word, there are many such "incidents" or sightings that just cannot be ignored, or easily explained away.

Several that stand out in my mind are............

The "Battle of L.A." also known as '"The Great Los Angeles Air Raid"' in 1942.
The "Washington Flap" or "Washington DC U.F.O. Incident", in 1952.-Where UFOs were seen by thousands of people, all over D.C., even over the White House, for several days.
Literally hundreds of hours of footage of "questionable objects" from NASA, which ultimately led them to stop airing their famous "STS Footage".
Roswell - This has been done and scrutinzed to death, and although key to bringing this all to the forefront over the years, its far from the most interesting.
The UFO crash?? in Kecksberg Pennsylvania, in 1965, complete with a massive cover-up.
The The Belgian UFO Wave, which was essentially a huge string of sightings in Belgium, beginning in 1989. These big triangles are awesome to see, and theres plenty of footage to see around if you look for it.
The GULF BREEZE Sightings in Florida.
The Holloman Landing that is essentially a reported UFO landing at Holloman AFB in 1974.
Not to mention the stories and interviews from astronauts Dr. Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper.

Whether or not you consider yourself a "believer", these cases are very interesting indeed.

Perhaps I can get DrMoreau to dig up this documentary so we can post it here for viewing.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
UFO Files - Ancient Aliens

Link

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:44 pm 

The Secret KGB UFO Files Complete

No video? Get the DivX Web Player for Windows or Mac

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:42 pm 

This is perhaps one of the best documentaries I have ever seen on this.

If you want to watch any documentary, or give even one a chance, this might be the one.
Excellent picture quality by the way, even at full screen.

"I Know What I Saw"

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 am 

Battle of Los Angeles (1942)

No video? Get the DivX Web Player for Windows or Mac < 2:00

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:31 am 

OK, I watched the above documentary that I posted the trailer to, in the very first post in this thread. (The Day Before Disclosure )

It is on youtube, posted in 10 different little parts. :x
Its decent, and actually, from a "new fan's point of view", its pretty good.
But most of it is rehashed material in many places and differing UFO specials.
Its very solid and interesting, but maybe even better for someone that hasn't seen much of the material.

The other that I posted in its entirety,"I Know What I Saw" is another great one for people who haven't seen as much as I have on the subject.
I will look around and see if I can come up with a few more.

I DID* see a great one a few years back, but I can't remember the name of it, although I am fairly certain it was on the History channel, during a "UFO WEEK" or something.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:22 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Is there anything you can suggest regarding the Tepoztlan, Mexico sightings back in the mid-80s and early 90s? I've seen some photos and they are different and intriguing.

Funny that I just saw your post here now, I was just reading about "The Great Los Angeles Air Raid" this morning.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:44 pm 

My Grandfather was a Civil Air Patrol here in Los Angeles during the time that the GLAAR happened and he told me about it as a boy. He never said UFO - always unknown plane or something along those lines. Always a favorite UFO story of mine. Speaking of which, I was in Roswell not to many months back. I'll dig up some of my site seeing vids or photos I took while I was there.

Tepoztlan, Mexico

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:30 am 

whitsbrain wrote:
Is there anything you can suggest regarding the Tepoztlan, Mexico sightings back in the mid-80s and early 90s?

I don't know if I could reccomend anything that deals explicitly on those sightings you mention.......BUT! Mexico has always been an area that puzzled me, because they seem to have a tremendous amount of sightings there.
I remember right around the year 2000 (give or take a year), there were some MASS sightings near the end of the year, that were seen by literally thousands of people.
Footage of many people in the streets looking and pointing up at "odd things" in the air were on the news for several days.
It made the news quite a bit here, but I don't know if any of you guys may remember it.

The last 24 hours has been HELL here.
A power outage here where I live(which is very rare) 100 degree heat,(and I just got my power back) live poker games, topped off with a ticket while driving last night, .... its been ridiculous to say the least.

Anyway, let me get my sleep schedule back to my "ordinary/backwards" routine, and in the next day or so I will see what I can dig up.

While I am on it, there are some great UFO sites around too, with a wealth of information.
I have been to a load of 'em over the years, but unfortunately my links are pretty much long gone. :(

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:27 am 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

My biggest UFO interest (although it's almost a subject to itself in some ways) is the "1897 Airship." As much as I like the UFO subject in general, that's one part of it I really DRINK IN.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm 

Airship of 1896~97. Did Pennington Design and Build Them?

View Web Article By Clicking Here

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:00 pm 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

That's very interesting, and actually I just got a large book about that side of the Airship, the "mysterious inventor" idea. But I've been deliberately putting it aside for a while.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 am 

Yet another case, that interested me since the first time I ever heard of it, is the apparent government work of one Sgt. Clifford Stone. (retired)

Here is a small bit of info concerning Mr. Stone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clifford Stone is unique among those experiencing and investigating UFO and ET phenomenon. He spent 22 years in the US Army as a part of an extremely elite and secret group that was rapidly dispatched to crash sites in order to recover UFO or ET craft, bodies, and artifacts. Since his retirement from the Army, he has devoted his time to a diligent Freedom of Information Act search of government archives. He maintains that we have knowledge that intelligent life is visiting this planet in craft capable of traveling distances of many light years very quickly; effectively bypassing acceptably known physics. Further, he stresses that our recovery of these ET craft and artifacts have allowed our government to make staggering scientific gains of great potential benefit to the world. He maintains, as do many others, that this information is held in deeply secret programs beyond Constitutional controls and safeguards, and that despite the end of the cold war, those controlling these 'black projects' have continued to keep these important discoveries to themselves and for motives known only to them. Sgt. Stone is coming forward with his story to encourage citizens and our elected officials open investigations and end this Constitutional bypass by a powerful and covert organization operating under our noses and in our skies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of this "article" can be found here, and contains a bit of a bio on him. -----> http://www.eboards4all.com/866799/messages/2.html

I won't go into too much detail, but much of what he has to say is considered "fantastic" by many, but quite a bit of what he says is at least MOSTLY true.
One particular sad story, is when he tells about the mysterious motorcycle "accident" that his son was in.
Supposedly he was warned many times (in advance) about discussing alot of his military involvement, even to the point of downright threats to him and his family, if he continued talking.
Then not long after being warned again, his son was found dead from a motorcycle "accident", which was doubted heavily by Stone himself. No skid marks were found, no signs of the accident whatsoever, except his dead son and the motorcycle he was supposedly riding on.
No witnesses, no other debris, no other vehicles..... NADA.
To this day no one has ever been charged, to my knowledge.

He has talked about this event a few times in some of his interviews, but its been awhile since I have seen any of this material, in specific.

I have located one particular interview, which is rather odd, but there are some good bits along the way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_3aneRPOg

This appears to be a much earlier interview, where he discusses all types of things, including some odd "abilities" that he claims to have.

Another interesting bit.........
On a personal note- I have had contact with Mr. Stone, but it was about 10 years ago.
Oddly enough, I had ordered one of his books from amazon, and there was much delay in its arrival.
So, after scouring around online, I came up with an old address for him, and wrote to him out of the blue, explaining the situation.
After a couple of weeks, I pretty much forgot about it, thinking it just got "lost in the mail".
Then out of the blue, I get a package, from Stone himself.
Inside, was a copy of his book "U.F.O.'s Are Real", and he personally signed it, and left me a note inside, along with another "gift".
This gift is a collection of printouts, similar to a bunch XEROX copies, that explains in detail an old classified government project called "Silver Bug".
This shows in great detail, and explains how the military was building and conducting tests, on its own secret "flying saucer", back in 1955.
This material was declassified some 40 years later, in 1995.

He underwent a HUGE campaign of writing and requesting documents (from government organizations) through the F.O.I.A./ Freedom of Information Act in the 1990s.
He put a TON of this material that he obtained in "UFOs Are Real".
Some of what he obtained was unbelieveable, and sometimes he got conflicting answers/denied requests , OFTEN FROM THE SAME DEPARTMENTS! :ROTF:

In the book,(and elsewhere) he mentioned submitting a report to Congress itself, in an effort to get a Congressional hearing on 2 projects named "Project Moondust", and "Operation Blue Fly".
"Operation Blue Fly" was supposedly established for the quick recovey of "downed foreign equipment, papers, and personnel".
"Project Moon Dust", was set up to "collect and analyze raw intelligence reports from the field, on fallen space debris,and objects of unknown origin".

These were of particular interest to me, as apparently at first, the government said that these projects were "classified" and exempt from disclosure in the Freedom of Informaton Act.
Then, as little as one year later, even though these projects were considered "classified", all differing departments essentially said that "there is, and never was any such projects".

More on this later.......

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Whatever happened to that whole Art Bell situation. Was that call real :wtf:

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 am 

StillValleyBard wrote:
Whatever happened to that whole Art Bell situation. Was that call real :wtf:

I assume you are referring to the call that Art Bell had one evening in particular, where a panic- stricken caller phoned in, and said he had "men in black"/government agents closing in on him, because of some things he had seen. ( UFOs and aliens at Area 51) He is known as the "Area 51 caller".

Funny you mention that, as I listened to that call and broadcast as it came in, on that very night, as it happened live.
Not only that, but I believe fellow board member "alsunday" ALSO heard it, as I remember we discussed it the next day.

That was proven to be a hoax, as the caller rang in yet again sometime later, and admitted to the prank.
If I recall correctly, voice tests were done after he called back months later, and it was definitely the same guy.

Here is the original call -

Link

Here is the follow up call that occurred a few months later-

Link

The Art Bell show was good, but I have my own opinions on it. I still listen to it here and there, but for the most part I don't enjoy George Noory as much.
(not to mention I think although there is some great information passed on to us sometimes, I think its littered with a ton of disinformation as well)
Also- thats where I first learned of Sgt. Clifford Stone too. :dance:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:03 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Wow if you look some places online you wouldnt know it was a prank because it seems like people are still playing along with the hoax.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:07 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

StillValleyBard wrote:
Wow if you look some places online you wouldnt know it was a prank because it seems like people are still playing along with the hoax.

I'm sure all of those places attribute the second confession call as the fake one to cover up the reality of the situation.

I remember hearing that when it went across live and it was freaky as hell. Art Bell was awesome back then. George Noory not so much, but from time to time I still catch some of it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 am 

Here is another documentary along these lines, that I stumbled across earlier this morning.
I will definitely watch this in the next day or two. :twisted:

Inside Secret Government Warehouses: Shocking Revelations (2010)

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:33 pm 

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:35 pm 

Ufo The Greatest Story Ever Denied

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Link

Only thing missing is a few tusken raiders...

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:00 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

Link

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm 

British UFO Files

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 am 

There are numerous documentaries on Area 51, scattered all over online, and I have seen many of them.

This morning I stumbled across this one, which I believe is relatively new. I think it was produced within the last year or so.

For the first time, some of the old employees are "allowed" to speak a tiny bit about their lives working at Area 51. I believe they were ultimately allowed to, because of some of the more recently declassified footage and material in the last few years.

This is a GREAT one to see, if you have never seen much on Area 51.
This is from youtube, and the quality is surprisingly good.
If you have any interest in this subject at all, you don't want to miss this.

Link

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:41 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Just finished watching this....I was disappointed, but not surprised. Was expecting more UFO talk, but I imagine that stays classified for a very long time, if not forever.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 am 

StillValleyBard wrote:
Just finished watching this....I was disappointed, but not surprised. Was expecting more UFO talk, but I imagine that stays classified for a very long time, if not forever.

Well, I was rather happy with it. Of all the things I have seen on Area 51, it was by far the most detailed.
OF COURSE, you aren't going to hear or see concrete footage/proof of aliens and their spaceships.
But do realize that what you saw, is perhaps 100% MORE revealing than anything ever has been in the past. In fact, the government still doesn't recognize it as a military base...... so the fact that we even got a little bit of footage from there, and to actually have former employees speak about working there is very interesting.
If you had said this would footage and interviews would be released say, 5 years ago, it would have been a joke.

Now what I really want them to admit, is how many people died from associated exposure to the many open "pits" and fires they had there years ago.
Supposedly they used to dig large pits there, to burn off unused jetfuel, rocketfuel, toxic propulsion substances and radioactive material. (from black budget aircraft/testing etc etc) They did this in an effort to "get rid" of all suspicious waste, and not reveal it to the public. Many people that were exposed to all of that died, and more died over the years from being exposed to that garbage than we will ever know.
Its a crying shame that many gave their lives for this country and government in this manner, and it was covered up as best they could, often with wives never knowing the real reason why their spouses died from these "mystery diseases and illnesses", and to this day many never knew what their spouses even did for a living.

That sir, is something much of the taxpaying public doesn't know about, and would raise Hell if they did.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 pm 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

November 17 is the anniversary of the start (as far as there's an exact start) of the 1890's "Airship." Along with books, there are whole websites about it (one site devoted to the Midwestern stories ALONE is very big, which gives some idea of how many stories there are altogether). You don't even have to be a GENERAL UFO fan to like the subject, because it really has a quality all its own.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Link

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 pm 

America’s Book of Secrets "Area 51"

Link

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 pm 

The Solway Firth Spaceman

It had been many years since I had heard about this story, and in fact I had forgotten about the photographs, until I stumbled across it a bit earlier. (while watching "Unsealed alien files:top 10 encounters")

Here is a bit of info about this case.... that I found elsewhere on the web.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Solway Firth Spaceman (also known as the Solway Spaceman and the Cumberland Spaceman) refers to a figure seen in a photograph taken in 1964 by firefighter, photographer and local historian Jim Templeton (13 February 1920 - 27 November 2011). The famous photo was taken on Burgh Marsh, situated near Burgh by Sands, overlooking the Solway Firth in Cumbria, England. Templeton claims the photograph shows a background figure wearing a space suit and has insisted that he did not see anyone present when the photograph was taken. The image was reproduced widely in contemporary newspapers and gained the interest of ufologists.

On 23 May 1964, Jim Templeton, a firefighter from Carlisle, Cumberland (now part of Cumbria), took three photographs of his five-year-old daughter while on a day trip to Burgh Marsh. Templeton said the only other people on the marshes that day were a couple of old ladies sitting in a car at the far end of the marsh. In a letter to the Daily Mail in 2002, Templeton stated, "I took three pictures of my daughter Elizabeth in a similar pose – and was shocked when the middle picture came back from Kodak displaying what looks like a spaceman in the background." Templeton insists that he did not see the figure until after his photographs were developed, and analysts at Kodak confirmed that the photograph was genuine.

Templeton told reporters, "I took the picture to the police in Carlisle who, after many doubts, examined it and stated there was nothing suspicious about it. The local newspaper, the Cumberland News, picked up the story and within hours it was all over the world. The picture is certainly not a fake, and I am as bemused as anyone else as to how this figure appeared in the background. Over the four decades the photo has been in the public domain, I have had many thousands of letters from all over the world with various ideas or possibilities – most of which make little sense to me."

Templeton claims to have been visited after the photograph was published by two Men in Black from Her Majesty's Government who refused to show their identification. Templeton says: "They said they worked for the government and that they were only identified by number." After taking the men to the site where the photos were taken, Templeton claims that when he explained that he had not seen the figure at the time, the men became angry and drove away leaving him to walk home.

In a BBC Look North interview and a letter to The Daily Mail, Templeton also claimed that a Blue Streak missile launch at the Woomera Test Range in South Australia had been aborted because the figures of two large men were seen on the firing range. Templeton alleged that technicians later saw his photograph in an Australian newspaper and found the figures to be exactly the same.

Image Image

There were 3 photographs taken that day, and 2 of the 3 are in the public domain. Some examples are above.
Templeton reported that nothing out of the ordinary was seen when the photos were shot, and this "figure" only showed up in 1 of the 3, when he got the pictures back from Kodak.

Shortly after the uproar and publicity, representatives from KODAK came forward and offered a cash reward from anyone who could explain or definitively verify what it was in the picture.
All these years later, that reward has never been given.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:10 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yeah, I always loved that picture. Very weird, but I've always thought the "Ronnie Hill Photograph" was weirder.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:09 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Hey Scott, have you ever seen "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" or "Communion"? I'm interested in seeing them but only if your UFO expert opinion deems it worth my time. Fact is, I need to find them online somewhere...

I remember reading "Communion" when it came out. That was a hot book that everybody was talking about. I read it and it scared the crap out of me.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Ok..so what is the consensus here then.. is it supposed to be an alien or a man in a spacesuit?? Well looking at the picture you can clearly see an arm..upper body and I guess a head. (helmet?)
Did anyone assume this guy was lying? Maybe they glued a toy astronaut to the back of her head.
The picture is hard to tell whats going on...looks like a doll or something.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Upon further examination I dont even think its a spaceman... thats a spacewoman. That suit is rather ..busty LOL. Perhaps bulky. 1964...it just seems like aliens were way to popular and a hoax doesnt seem so far fetched.

Are people really suggesting two giant invisible men from outer space were somhow using a cloaking device .. spying on a random family during a routine boring afternoon picnic in England??? Sounds like your average british comedy sitcom fom the 1970s. ...and a camera somehow exposes their invisibility shield momentarily. What A kodak moment. :o

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:15 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
Hey Scott, have you ever seen "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" or "Communion"? I'm interested in seeing them but only if your UFO expert opinion deems it worth my time. Fact is, I need to find them online somewhere...

I remember reading "Communion" when it came out. That was a hot book that everybody was talking about. I read it and it scared the crap out of me.

"Communion" is supposed to be a true story, and in fact Whitley Streiber is pretty well known in the UFO circles.

I never read any of his books, "Communion" included. (Like many UFO cases) I am of the opinion there *MAY* be some truth to his story, but to be honest I know little about it.

Now "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" is apparently a "found footage horror??/similar to Blair Witch" story, that is 100% fiction, at least thats what I see when I searched it on google.
Now, on that note, thats not really something I really am inclined to see, as generally I am more into the more "is it for real?" stuff and documentaries, and not so much this.
But since you are one of the biggest movie buffs that I know, and you are into sci-fi it is most likely something you could get into. If you do watch it, I would definitely be interested in your opinion, and that may sway me into watching it.

Another cool note- Earlier I mentioned the Blair Witch Project. Now that was one I liked alot when I saw it, and the ending creeped me out a bit. I suppose it was because at the time it was a new type film, and very few if any similar films had been made.

Last night I watched "Unsealed Alien Files S1 Episode 10 (Top 10 Encounters)".
I wanted to post it here for all to have a look, but the best I can do currently is a link to a page with a ton of links to it where it can be viewed.
Click here ~~~> http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2013/0 ... -2012.html

Its brief, in fact only like 20 or so minutes but it covers a few interesting cases, and several of the most well known ones.
For those that are familiar with the popular cases, it touches on The Socorro Landing/ Lonnie Zamora Incident, Roswell,The Battle of Los Angeles, The Phoenix Lights, Bermuda Triangle,The Bentwaters/Woodbridge or Rendlesham forest landing,Travis Walton and a few others that are interesting, but not as widely known..... including a more recent incident where a hotel manager in Canada reported a "sighting" and was later visited by two supposed men-in-black. Complete with lobby camera footage.
Even though much of this is a rehashing of stuff we are familiar with, its enough new things where its worth the 20 or so minutes you invest.

The two of those that always struck me as almost irrefutable, were The Bentwaters landing over in the UK, and the Lonnie Zamora incident. Both of those involved very credible people, that essentially had great careers and were extremely well regarded. The information I have read in the past about Bentwaters is amongst the most interesting of any material I have ever studied.

The Phoenix Lights in 1997 is another, thats almost impossible to dismiss. I distinctly remember this on the news, as many tens of thousands of people saw lights over Phoenix for several hours. They called radio stations, tv stations news agencies etc. The government later tried to dismiss mass sighting as "military flares", but some time later citizens exercising the Freedom of Information Act, requested documents from a nearby base (supposedly the one who launched the flares) and the base essentially responded "no such launching happened".
This is also touched on in the documentary I listed a link to.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I don't know if I stated it right, but I read "Communion" when it was a best seller years ago. So basically right when it was hot. I remember the bedroom abduction incident as being one of the scariest things I've ever read, and I'm just not saying that. It was terrifying. As was a later incident when Streiber described 'losing time' and later recalling that he was abducted from his car.

I tried reading his follow-up "Majestic" but it got boring and about halfway through I quit reading it. It also became increasingly obvious that "Majestic" and "Communion" were fiction, which is fine, but I got sick of his claims that the stories were true.

So "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" is fiction, but I don't care. I've found that aliens sometimes make for good tales of terror. The true-or-not-true part of it doesn't even matter. As much as I like to watch Horror movies, none of them are really frightening, but the occasional alien abduction tale has scared me on occasion.

As I go through DrM's 31DoH2k13, I really enjoy it because the movies he chooses do not usually approach the torture porn variety, which I hate. Gory movies are okay if it's to generate scares and not disgust. Most alien stories are about the fear of the unknown and not debauchery and dismemberment and that's why they remain effective in generating real 'Terror'. I've been personally using Richard Matheson's definition of 'Terror' versus 'Horror" to try and guide my viewing (and reading) choices. Most Horror today is horrific, but absolutely NOT terrifying. See the difference?

As far as the UFO sightings you've mentioned, like Fox Mulder, I WANT to believe. But with a high quality camera in the pockets of half the people on the planet, we still can't get a decent photograph!?!?! I had read about the Bentwaters landing some time ago but I've forgotten the details. The Phoenix Lights case is amazing in that so many people witnessed it and mass sightings never happen. I am of the opinion that it's Defense (or potentially Offense) related testing and not something from the planet Metaluna or other distant world.

"Do I scare you?"

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:33 pm 

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:05 am 

Have a look at this one boys, I had no idea this existed.
Got it straight from youtube. I never thought Disney would put together something like this, and apparently they thought it best to toss it back in the vaults and not screen it after one airing.
I have only seen a few bits and pieces of it, I will have to go back and watch it thoroughly later.

Lost Walt Disney UFO Documentary: Full Uncut Version 2013

This documentary was only broadcast once in five US states in 1995, then it was shelved and never broadcast again. This version is the complete uncut feature, recorded to VHS video when it was first broadcast on celestial tv. I converted this to HD as the quality was very poor, and VHS tape degrades very quickly.

Link

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:57 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

What in the Hell is this?!? I'll check it out as soon as possible. I'm intrigued.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:48 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Okay, I watched it. It was a recap of everything we've heard before, but it was still interesting. Then when Budd Hopkins started talking, I lost interest. All these people saying they had scars...why not show them. Or maybe x-rays showing these "implants". The alien abduction thing is all heresay and hypnosis.

No doubt this was a Disney marketing attempt for New Tomorrowland and they just gave up on it. Or did some one tell them to stop???? :evil:

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am 

Many of the members here, know of my interest in certain "conspiracies" and shows/documentaries about them.

Much of my interest (and study) is largely in the U.F.O. and Alien arena, but it sometimes branches out a bit.
I decided to include this post here in this thread, rather than starting a new one.

Tonight I stumbled across a show that the Travel Channel has started producing entitled AMERICA: DECLASSIFIED.
Every so often these shows pop up, but generally they seem to be a bit of a letdown. Most are "all bark and no bite" in my opinion, but tonight I am rather pleased.
This AMERICA: DECLASSIFIED looks a bit promising.

The episode I happened to see online is I believe the first of the series and has essentially three parts.
FATAL VIEW- This piece covers the J.F.K assassination and the mystery surrounding it.
To be honest, I have seen far less on this "conspiracy" than many of you might guess. I know most of you guys have seen a ton of this material, but I believe this is well worth watching.
They do a couple of "grassy knoll" experiments, complete with views from a railroad switching station from behind the knoll itself. Also very interesting was how they go over roughly 18 so-called witnesses surrounding the shooting and how they all died mysteriously in the following three years. Also a clip of an interview with a woman who was supposedly in the stairwell directly following the shooting, which was where Lee Harvey Oswald was "supposed" to be at the time. Most of the above I just listed is new material that apparently hasn't been studied before. (and I had not known most of it)

STRICT RADIO SILENCE- This piece examines a very large government mandated "quiet zone" in the Allegheny mountains which is essentially "off limits" for any type of radio waves. (this includes no tv signals, cell phones, wi-fi, completely cutting off the outside world)
This area is home to a very large radio wave telescope, and the elimination of radio waves in the surrounding area is because it would interfere with this telescope and many smaller surrounding ones.
A very interesting piece, and I had never known anything about this area.

BURIED ALIVE- This investigates the radioactive waste plant in Hanford Washington. I believe this is the only place in the U.S. where we deal with our radioactive waste. (Well, that we know of....... it has been rumored for years that there were large burn pits years ago in the place known as Area 51)
It looks into how safe this place actually is, and what the consequences are many years from now.

I highly recommend this, to any of you guys that like to watch this type of material just as I do.
I think the first two parts were more interesting than the last, with the JFK piece being the most interesting to me.
Its roughly 45 minutes long, and I will link below.

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2013/1 ... 01e01.html

There are over 70 types of links on the above page of various types for this episode.

From everything I can dig up online, future episodes scheduled (to be aired on Sundays weekly) cover:

"D.B. Cooper; Missing Mustangs; Bayou Sinkhole" - An investigation into the 1971 disappearance of airplane hijacker D.B. Cooper, who parachuted from Northwest Airlines flight 727 with $200,000 and was never seen or heard from again. Also: the case of a toxic sinkhole that's threatening to swallow an entire Louisiana town; and criticism over a U.S. government roundup of wild horses in the West.

"Denver Airport Bunker; NSA Data Center; White Sands Mysteries"- Sightings of a UFO and reports of a top-secret underground bunker, both at the Denver International Airport, are explored. Also: Two Internet rumors are explained during a visit to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico; and questions about the data NSA collects are answered.

This episode concerning the Denver Airport,NSA Data and White Sands mysteries are of extreme interest to me, since I am already familiar with those 3 to some extent.

If any of you guys get a chance to watch the first one, let me know as your thoughts are appreciated.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

First Contact will never happen via a UFO landing in a swamp, buzzing a yokel, cutting up cows or stomping on wheat to make circles. The vast distances between stars and the economic cost to even an advanced Society to send out ships for many centuries just to have them behave in this irrational fashion is pure wishful thinking--or a psychological defect craving attention. Before the modern concept of "science fiction" around the time of Wells and Verne, people instead reported seeing faries and ghosts, or instead of anal probing, sucubus/incubus intrusions into Victorian bedrooms, both very Freudian. Blurry pictures and videos along with eyewitness testimony (ask ANY District Attorney or cop how "valuable" eyewitness testimony is!) mean nothing more than wishful thinking. Look instead to supporting SETI or other projects not dedicated to listening to only "the watering hole" portion of the electo-magnetic spectrum. Sure, there are probably 50,000 civilizations in our little galaxy right now, maybe more, and a good number at our level and above. The farther away, the more enery needed to communicate, let alone visit. You might get off the freeway to drop in unannounced on a pal on your way home, though why you wouldn't use your newly invented cell-phone to save the bother (or that pesky expensive gas). But would you drive from Los Angeles to New York to circle a pal's apartment building, honk your horn a few times and drive back? Multiply that silliness by 10 or 15 orders of magnitude.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:06 pm 

JonnyDuffy wrote:
First Contact will never happen via a UFO landing in a swamp, buzzing a yokel, cutting up cows or stomping on wheat to make circles. The vast distances between stars and the economic cost to even an advanced Society to send out ships for many centuries just to have them behave in this irrational fashion is pure wishful thinking--or a psychological defect craving attention. Before the modern concept of "science fiction" around the time of Wells and Verne, people instead reported seeing faries and ghosts, or instead of anal probing, sucubus/incubus intrusions into Victorian bedrooms, both very Freudian. Blurry pictures and videos along with eyewitness testimony (ask ANY District Attorney or cop how "valuable" eyewitness testimony is!) mean nothing more than wishful thinking. Look instead to supporting SETI or other projects not dedicated to listening to only "the watering hole" portion of the electo-magnetic spectrum. Sure, there are probably 50,000 civilizations in our little galaxy right now, maybe more, and a good number at our level and above. The farther away, the more enery needed to communicate, let alone visit. You might get off the freeway to drop in unannounced on a pal on your way home, though why you wouldn't use your newly invented cell-phone to save the bother (or that pesky expensive gas). But would you drive from Los Angeles to New York to circle a pal's apartment building, honk your horn a few times and drive back? Multiply that silliness by 10 or 15 orders of magnitude.

I will delve into this a bit more when I have the time but any real "First Contact" that you refer to, has likely been truly had long ago, and certainly isn't some "yokel" or "cutting up cows in a field".
The rush for believers to associate many "weird" things with alien beings and the UFO phenomena has been a black eye to the whole subject itself for many years.

Whether or not I believe is one thing, but whenever you ask a true "non-believer" about certain almost irrefutable cases they can never give me a satisfactory answer.
What exactly was the Battle of Los Angeles??? (especially if it wasn't some type of extra terrestrial contact)
What were the lights filmed over Washington D.C. for almost a month in 1952, which in fact were seen by thousands and thousands....? Not to mention there were photos in newspapers all over the country concerning this.
Why are UFOs/lights flying in the sky plainly depicted on painted cave walls as far back as 10,000 B.C. and possibly even older than that..? (some people believe the Bible mentions UFOs/moving lights in the heavens also, but I won't get into that)
More recently how can anyone ignore or explain the Phoenix Lights? (though I do think that could possibly be attributed to black budget projects that the government doesn't want to fess up to)
On the Roswell case........ even if that WAS likely a weather balloon as it was eventually explained away as... then why did all the papers and witnesses mention "saucers" for days until the government tried to "clean it up" as a weather balloon?

In my mind, I know damn well that many of the "sightings" over the years could/can be proven to be government projects and technology they will most certainly NEVER divulge, much less admit even exist.
But that certainly doesn't explain away many of the more well known cases.

If there is other intelligent life, (which almost anyone I know with any sense should agree on) then I am sure there is some much more primitive than us, and also others that are much more advanced than us also.
For those that don't agree, are you telling me that there are literally millions over millions of planets as scientists are quick to attest, and we are the only one who has produced and evolved intelligent life over time???? Mathematics alone would make that so unlikely its a joke.

Why wouldn't another civilization try and "view us" curiously from a distance, not necessarily coming down for a meeting on the White House lawn?
Lets face the real truth......... if that were to seriously actually happen, then it would be some real panic in the streets, and there is no way that our government could control all of that, much less the rest of the world. (where a large portion of it isn't even nearly as open minded as we are)

Most likely, there are people on this Earth already in communication with other beings(and likely have been for many years) but its easy to see to me, that its best left under wraps and away from society overall.
The sad nature of the UFO phenomena in general will make it tough to prove one way or another until any real contact is made public. Even then there will be plenty of doubters until they come face to face with it themselves.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:07 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

It would NOT be a devastating blow to our antiquated systems. 75+ years of ufo media is enough and what gives the government the right to cover up? For what purpose?? To keep the citizens from fear and panic. We live in the freakin Age of terror for fucks sake. I think a little disclosure wouldnt hurt anybody.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:36 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
We live in the freakin Age of terror for fucks sake. I think a little disclosure wouldnt hurt anybody.

:wtf: EXCELLENT point Saladore......! :clap:

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:42 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

In the realms of Governmental thinking, these are The Rules"

1) Keep Thy Secrets to Thyself.

2) Knowledge is Power.

3) Gather as Much as Thy Can.

4) Use the Knowledge and Power to Gain More of Each.

5) NEVER Tell Another Agency ANYTHING.

6) Above All: PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY!

In This Way Shall Ye Be Kept Fed at Ye Public Money Trough!

Robert Earl (Butch) Day
PhD, DSc, DLitt, LLD (Hon)

31 years with the CIA as a forensic physicist.

Yes; They ARE real.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 am 

On Sunday the 10th, the second AMERICA:DECLASSIFIED aired.

Earlier tonight the links were posted to this episode.....click below if interested.

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2013/1 ... 01e02.html

In this episode, the three topics covered were-

D.B.Cooper: -An investigation into the 1971 disappearance of airplane hijacker D.B. Cooper, who parachuted from Northwest Airlines flight 727 with $200,000 and was never seen or heard from again.

Bayou Sinkhole: - The case of a toxic sinkhole that's threatening to swallow an entire Louisiana town.

Missing Mustangs: - Criticism over a U.S. government roundup of wild horses in the West.

Once again, it was pretty damn interesting.
The D.B.Cooper case has been covered quite a bit, but once again several "experiments" were done, including a parachute jump done in a similar fashion to the one which Cooper most likely did.
The "Bayou Corne" massive sinkhole was also decent.
And the lengthy piece concerning the apparent government rounding up of wild horses in the West and "turning a blind eye" and (apparently??) selling them off to be slaughtered was pretty well done also.

Once again, I recommend this show, if you are into these kind of things.
Next week is an episode covering a Denver Airport bunker, the NSA data center, and White Sands mysteries and I am looking forward to that one. I am already familiar with a few odd occurrences at White Sands that should be covered, and anything touching on the NSA is always interesting as well.

Details about a future episode have emerged too..........
Examining if John Wayne died of cancer due to his exposure to a nuclear test site; and a look at whether settlers in Jamestown, Va., resorted to cannibalism in 1609. Also: Pensmore, a mansion in the Ozark Mountains of Highlandville, Mo., is investigated.

For those interested, when I was very little we had a school trip to Jamestown here in Virginia. Though I was rather young, the area was absolutely beautiful.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Im curious about whats under the Denver Airport. Emergency Military bunker maybe or bomb shelter perhaps

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:12 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

StillValleyBard wrote:
Im curious about whats under the Denver Airport. Emergency Military bunker maybe or bomb shelter perhaps

I've read just enough about the Denver Airport to know there is plenty to ask :wtf: about.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:18 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
...are you telling me that there are literally millions over millions of planets as scientists are quick to attest, and we are the only one who has produced and evolved intelligent life over time???? Mathematics alone would make that so unlikely its a joke.

Odds like this help supply my belief in a Creator, the God. Regardless of whether you think the Bible or any other book is a load of whatever, I will never except that everything in the universe was created from nothing. And I reject people who come at you with the "chicken or the egg" rebuttal. Something started everything.