Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:14 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
Well, you are correct sir in being a computer brain next to me......
and yes I appreciate you doing the harder part, I just wish I could figure out how to get them going....I will have to try one of the programs DrM mentioned...

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:25 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Well a "computer brain" I am NOT.

The majority of what I have learned was through trial and error, and not wanting to depend on anyone else.

Of course , with a little help here and there along the way. :D

I was going to see my friend last night and drop off a new CD of shots, but he never appeared.
It might be another week - 10 days before I can get some more shots made up for sending. :(

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:47 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

The only thing I really collect is episodes of my favorite TV shows on DVD, anyone else do that? I have pretty much all my favorite bootleg shows aka not released on DVD, now I'll be working on going to stores and online to get my favorite shows that have been released on DVD. I got the Definitive Collection TZ DVD set of the full series a few months back. They have some great sales online. I think the regular price is like 300 bucks but I got it for about 140 with shipping. Gotta love Amazon and Deep Discount's sales.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:14 pm 

Ok Woodrow..............heres another entry for the TTM WTF? bunch. :wtf:

Today I get back signed pics from one Theodore Bikel.......the TZ episode FOUR O'CLOCK.

No harm , no foul right?

I happened to notice the stamps were old, so I got back to checking my dates, and sure enough they were old.

I sent those out on 1-22-2007 :clap:

I had this weird feeling to go and check the box today, and sure enough, thats what I get.

Meanwhile, I think someone is swiping your mail. :P

Speaking of that, Cyril sent to 3 people a few weeks back, and I wonder if he ever got any response on any of those.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm 
The General
The General

That is indeed strange that he took that long, he is usually faster, but glad you got good old Bikel back!

I am glad to finally say I got those previously unable to upload to Walgreens photos fixed and ordered tonight!
I came upon a better fix DrM than Win-thing-unzip-dealy.....I just came upon this by chance:
I just click to open the photo in my Windows Photo Gallery, click the photo I want to change, toolbar click open and then click Paint!
Paint opens with the photo and then I click the "Save as" and change it to JPEG!!!! TA-DA!!!
I knew if I had a little time, which I did this afternoon, I could get it.

Then I proceeded to get some requests out--Ann Jillian, Morgan Freeman, Laurence Fishburne (both are on Broadway in plays), Hilary Swank (sent hers to a movie set as I have heard/read she is a good TTM signer if you can peg her down....), and then Monday I sent out Brubaker (finally!!!!).

Going through these other photos TZ, I noticed one Julie Adams and noticed she charges for her sig, have you ever gotten her before? $25 for her photo and $15 for our own. She, of course, being in a cult classic Old-Genre Horror that DrM and I were talking about earlier in another thread.....Creature From the Black Lagoon, of course.

And then we go to the mailbox and Nadda!!! :cry:

Maybe this will liven things up here! Maybe I will have better luck with Jillian than I did with that other girl actress Rudie (and she is!)
:clap:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:01 pm 

Umm, Woodrow, I thought I told you that you could change it in Paint?????
LOL. :twisted:

Actually I didn't know that either, until DrM mentioned it to me. I never use paint for anything really.

I tinkered with it when scanning some stuff a long time back, but I just don't use it.

You know what I would do, is when you send Julie Adams, enclose a copy for her.
I am sure she has never seen any shots of her in AHP, so instead of sending a check (she isn't worth paying to me anyhow), make her a copy, and send it along.
Put one of those sticky notes on it, and tell her to keep a copy in your letter.
If that goes over well, she will sign your copies in return for a copy of her own. I'm pretty damn sure she has never seen anything from her AHP episodes anyhow, it might save you some $$$.

I didn't get anything back today either. :(

I think the trick to this TTM stuff, is to send out on a steady basis.
Say instead of sending a big group out at once, try and spread it out a little.

Like maybe kick out 2-3 requests a week. Or maybe 4-5 every other week, and try that for a couple months.
With of course, any special large batches or "important" requests sprinkled with the rest.

I suppose if we did that, we could initiate a constant stream of stuff coming and going.

Now the problem is getting the time to write and send out the requests. (not to mention getting the photos made and getting new subjects to send out to)
Money............hey, did I mention the cost yet? :oops:
My problem is that I like to do several or a load all at once to just "go ahead and knock them out".

I am at a stage where I don't have many people I am interested in sending to anymore.
Either they are hiding under the damn covers (a la' Terry Burnham), or they don't sign like Martin Landau, Leonard Nimoy or William Shatner.

Hell, I might start getting some Harsh Realm stuff done. As much as I enjoy that little show, it would be a good opportunity.
Probably wouldn't ever be worth much though.

Man I thought you sent to Ann Jillian months ago....?

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:01 am 
The General
The General

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Umm, Woodrow, I thought I told you that you could change it in Paint?????
LOL.

No you didn't--- donk!

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Money............hey, did I mention the cost yet? :oops:

there lies the biggest problem and then most anymore want $$$ as well. I will try given Ms Adams a copy and see what she does though. And the other problem for me is---time! Time to do it, time to write the letters, to figure postage, to address, etc...

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

I am at a stage where I don't have many people I am interested in sending to anymore.

Man I thought you sent to Ann Jillian months ago....?
TZ DZ fan

Well, you certainly could go full guns on AHP you know! Now that I am going to get these printed up I am going to try to get Charles Cooper for us----BTW you never did grab some shots of one Rosemary Harris from that episode......
Anyway, there is a treasure trove of people still around from AHP you could troll for.....

No, I only got those photos done in May and then had to wait to get them as shite was happening left and right at the time...always something going on in life to interfere with collecting!! lol.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 pm 

I don't know about AHP Woodrow.

Its good, but I don't know if I have the big interest in starting something that big.
Hey, with that show you could literally probably send to a couple hundred people if you really started sniffing through the cast lists.

Not quite sure I want to go through that again. :twisted:

I am in a bit of a slow period here, but understandably so.

I only have a few relatively current ones out there that I expect back, if at all.

Some of the more recent ones I think I MAY* get back, with send dates................

Buck Taylor - sent on 4-14
Burt Metcalfe - sent on 4-22 (this guy doesn't appear dependable TTM though- at this point I don't expect it back) :(
Robert Duvall - sent on 4-22
Mary Gregory - sent on 6-3

There isn't much else that I am really expecting back, but who knows. A good surprise comes back here and there.

I may just start writing a "snail mail letter" campaign to try and unearth one TERRY BURNHAM again. (for the next TZCon as well)
I was looking back through some old notes, and I saw a couple addresses I may try and send to.
I am pretty sure I sent pics to those for the most part a LONG time back though.
I have that one address that I seriously think was her, and I got my pics back from that one. But I received the pics, no sigs, no note, NADA.

I still remember how stoked I was when I got that envelope back in the box. (I had it labelled in such a way that I knew who it was returned from immediately) No sigs = sucked. :(

I seriously believe she is just hiding by choice at this point, and has been for years.

I did get that Theo Bikel back after an eternity, so occaisionally one breezes in back like that.

I do have a disc with photos for another 6-7 requests already made, that I need to to drop off at a friends, then I will be back in action.

If I am going to continue this though, I really need to get another show, and start fresh.

Oh yeah, not shite TTM today. :oops: Image

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
If I am going to continue this though, I really need to get another show, and start fresh.

Night Gallery! :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:19 am 

Heres hoping we get some goodies this week Woodrow.....................

I am hoping to be able to get up in time to go down to the nearest framing shop and get my EOTB poster framed later today too. :clap:

Haven't heard anything from you or DrM on that one. Have either of you gotten your poster framed yet???

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:57 am 

Yep - I had the frame work done and waiting for the final sig - Edson's - for about 3 months. Boy was I glad when I finally was able to place it inside its glass casing. If you look at the blog site - the picture is in it's frame and if you look very carefully, you can see the reflection of me and my yard in the glass.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 am 
The General
The General

that is cool!
I am thinking of going to this place called www.theartandframewarehouse.com that claims on their site they will do posters for $50, but gotta get one where the glass is not touching the poster, you know. So mine still in the tube, but I am planning on getting it done soon.

Yes, I hope we get something this week. One of my old timers, Evelyn Keyes, died over the 4th I guess, they just announced it,.. I had sent her some old stills back in May. I already had her, but wanted her on stills from another film. Oh well. She played Suellen in GWTW.

And another note: Best Buy this week is having a sale on their Sci-Fi DVD's, a certain list of them. The entire Outer Limits 3 volumes are included at $12.99/each! PLUS one gets a free ticket to the X-Files movie coming to Theatres July 25th. Now, I don't think there are many fans of that show since I put a thread up and I think only a few responded. I think the $12.99 in itself is awesome, plus they have volumes of the X-Files, Misery and other titles for sale. I did not have Volume II so I went by yesterday and grabbed it up so now I have all of them. It has been a blast re-watching them! I think I am going to start a thread about this so people will see it also....
I think we should have a national "For Sale" type thread anyway! :clap: :clap: :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:24 pm 

Another WTF??? :wtf: TTM entry today Woodrow................... (and DrM take note)

Today I open the box, and see a different type of envelope that I typically use.

I get back an envelope from one Ruta Lee.

Inside this envelope, there are 2 pictures.
One is a signed headshot, that I made of her from her TZ episode, and another is a signed copy of the Ruta Lee TZ episode collage that DrM and I made.

This in itself wouldn't be so noteworthy...........
But.... She has already signed and sent back everything, and that was in January 2007 yet again.

I can only imagine, that she took the copies that she had requested for her own personal collection, and just signed and returned them over one year later.

I don't remember all the details, but DrM had some close dealings with her and her staff.
I am assuming at this point, that she mistakenly returned the copies that I sent, back to me, or the ones DrM sent as well.

DrMoreau, you might want to keep an eye out on her site, just to make sure she isn't making copies for resale.

Another interesting tidbit- It appears as though she handwrote/addressed the envelopes herself too, that in itself is unusual.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:28 pm 
The General
The General

Oh I remember all the crap you went through with her!
Back and forth with the photos and she was keeping them and "couldn't find them" etc....remember?
Then you got them back. Maybe she ran across another of them and sent them along. Crazy!
Yeah, nothing TTM for me either.... :cry:
Oh well, the ones I have sent out recently will probably all roll in together!! Driving the postman to drink!
:lol:
I guess you have all your TOL already? I thought that was an awesome deal at Best Buy ....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:26 am 

Well Woodrow, another slow TTM week for me.
Nothing since the old stuff from Ruta Lee, and I am beginning to wonder about my Buck Taylor shots.

Maybe I will get something back today out of the few things I have out.

On a bright note, I did get a CD of new shots dropped off at my friends late Wednesday night.
I hope to have those shots next week, and then I will have another 5-6 requests to send out.

Another one came to mind - Phyllis Love.
I knew you had her sign some shots for us, and you sent the back to her as she signed them on the back????
I don't know if you ever got them back the second time though.

You must be amassing quite the load there for me.............. :clap:

Maybe we will have a good week this week.
BTW- You never mentioned if you sent my AHP glossy to Pat Hitchcock to sign or not, and what happened. I know you were gonna send to Hazel Court as well, but then sadly she passed away. :(

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:30 am 
The General
The General

I have Pat H. on my list of to do. I had a few others of hers and wanted to send them all at once, maybe I will get it done today.

Yes, Phyllis Love signed on the front with silver this time and then her husband sent another nice long typed letter and some Xerox photos that she also signed. Yes, I do have quite the stack for you, but I am always waiting for the next thing to come and maybe I should just get this batch off to you.....

Nothing here TTM either, I was hoping maybe some of my stuff would come back this week.... :cry:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 am 

No rush.

It can wait on the Pat Hitchcock stuff, I really would like to get the AHP glossy signed, it looked like it could be nice.

I have a few items I am going to send out this coming week, and I will post the people here when I send them out.

Jerry Douglas is going to be one.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:41 am 
The General
The General

Oh good on Jerry Douglas! I hope you will send one for me too....

Maybe Brubaker will come back by tomorrow since I sent his out on July 7th and he seems to be fast for a 90 year old according to the results on ST! That would be another cool one that has been missing, like Irene Dailey! Speaking of Mute I finally sent out to Ann Jillian too, but I think I mentioned that as well...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:57 pm 

Well nothing again on the homefront today.

:(

I am wondering where my Buck Taylor stuff is..............???

I sent him a check as well as copies, and it hasn't been cashed. Not sure what to make of that one, its been over 2 months. :wtf:

Still anticipating Robert Duvall and Mary Gregory also. Anything today Woodrow?

Maybe this week will turn out better.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:51 am 
The General
The General

not a thing.... :(

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:01 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

any wonder that i like to "collect" pasport stamps??
i loved to get a new stamp. so far, i got stamps in my passport from:

Japan
Israel
Armenia
Austria
Hungary
Ukraine
Czech Republic
and of course, the US

i have been to airports in these but couldn't get it stamped :( :
St. Thomas
Puerto Rico
England
Georgia
Azerbaijan

http://www.aiwfenergy.com

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:59 pm 

bobbyryates wrote:
any wonder that i like to "collect" pasport stamps??
i loved to get a new stamp. so far, i got stamps in my passport from:

Japan
Israel
Armenia
Austria
Hungary
Ukraine
Czech Republic
and of course, the US

i have been to airports in these but couldn't get it stamped :( :
St. Thomas
Puerto Rico
England
Georgia
Azerbaijan

Yeppers - I got me some of those stamps too, Bobby.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:28 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

well, it just shows that i've wasted a lot of money on funtime as opposed to paying the bills (which i have also done. bills GOT to get paid!! )....i could not do this if i was married..

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:59 am 

bobbyryates wrote:
well, it just shows that i've wasted a lot of money on funtime as opposed to paying the bills (which i have also done. bills GOT to get paid!! )....i could not do this if i was married..

Marriage is for people like like Dr Moreau and Woodrow Mulligan.
Even Creeper learned to be divorced.............
Singleness is for the innocent few. :clap:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:26 pm 

Having been on both sides of this equation, gentlemen, it's amazing what you can do when your married to a good woman.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm 
The General
The General

...I know they are making us out like we are with the black death plague or something....! :lol: :o :wtf:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 pm 

Nothing again here TTM and its starting to piss me off.

Hopefully tomorrow night I can get my next batch of photos picked up and begin writing early next week.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 pm 
The General
The General

nothing here either TZ DZ! :cry:
I keep thinking I will get something in as I sent a bunch out....I still have some others to send out that I need to get to.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm 

I want to get on a huge kick, and start sending out like 10 a week, for like 6-8 weeks.

That would start another huge flow of incoming stuff to be had, but not only do I not have the patience to write out all those requests..........honestly I don't have enough subjects to send to that interest me.

Maybe I will start sending to a few "Nowhere Man" people.

A couple years ago, it was awesome when I was getting back like 5-6 TZ pieces a week, many times more, and even multiples in a day.

The most I can ever remember getting back in a single day, was 5 seperate requests.

The best is getting a nice flow of 3-5 a week though.
Just when you think you are going to have a slack day, you get yet another back. :clap:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:10 pm 
The General
The General

Have you ever gotten Cliff Osmond? I see there is an email address on ST that they added today....I would like to get his on his TZ episode.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:36 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Have you ever gotten Cliff Osmond? I see there is an email address on ST that they added today....I would like to get his on his TZ episode.....

Sent to him a long time back and NADA.

Supposedly a nice guy.
I sent through his touring acting company/class, and never heard anything back.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:38 pm 
The General
The General

Maybe I should email him and ask him if we send to him would he sign them. That we have some cool TZ shots from his episode,
what do you think? I have always enjoyed his work anyway......

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:50 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Maybe I should email him and ask him if we send to him would he sign them. That we have some cool TZ shots from his episode,

Email him then.

Tell him we have some great shots of him in TZ, and we would give him copies if he would sign some for us.

If thats the case, I now have a shot signed by Nico Minardos, and I would like him to sign that as well.
If it goes down right, then I will send that to you TTM, and you can include it along with the other copies to be signed for us, and the copies we promise him.
Email him and let me know what happens.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:43 am 

Note to woodrow..............

Picked up my shots tonight from my friend that gets them done for me.

There are some in here I will name later ,after I look back through them.
I know theres Jerry Douglas and one shot for Donna Douglas for her to keep as she requested.

A couple of OL bit players, and some shots of Jo Helton in her episode "OTWLFH", nobody has her sig and I have come up with an address.

Today if I can manage to get up before 3p.m., I can go and pick up my newly framed EOTB poster too! :dance:

So now this week I can send out a few requests. :clap:

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

yeah..and i do at times wish i knew that feeling...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:

Just wondering if you ever emailed old Cliff Osmond............................? No response in this thread, so I figure you haven't sent as of yet, or either you haven't heard back.

I did manage to kick out a couple of requests last night, after speaking with DrMoreau on the phone.

I sent yet again to James Shigeta, some very nice shots from "Nightmare". Hopefully these will get through to him and come back, that is one of my biggest collecting wants actually. (aside from Terry Burnham) :(
I also sent Donna Douglas a copy of the shot that she requested. (I don't expect a response, I merely sent her a copy of the particular shot she asked for)

I also sent some TZ shots to Jo Helton of her in her episode "On Thursday We Leave for Home". I am pretty damn certain she gets little to ZERO fanmail, and I am expecting a response.

I sent these out today, to get back in the flow of things.

I might get a few more requests written out in the next couple of hours if I get the chance.

Absolutely no news from you on that end.... so I suppose you haven't gotten shite TTM in forever. LOL

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 am 

Ok woodrow, I did get in a DVD I ordered, yesterday TTM, but that doesn't count as a "success" in that sense of the word.

Again not a TTM success. :|

On a brighter note, last night I DID* manage to write out two more requests and drop them off at the local post office.

Requests went out to Paul Kent (OL) - untested agency addy on ST.
Another went out to Yale Summers (OL) - several nice shots from his OL episode "Second Chance".

The only one I have left to write out of this batch is your old friend Jerry Douglas. I have several shots in there, so I will try and get one for you also.

I have one sparkler :sparkle: of idea about Dominic Frontiere.
I tried to catch you in the chat the other night, but you must have been kid sitting. :D

PM me in regards to Dominic Frontiere.... as DrM and I have a good idea for 8x10s on him.

P.S.- Look at the wikipedia entry on him. Its most interesting. He was married to the former owner of the Los Angeles Rams football team, and once went to jail for scalping tickets to a Super Bowl. :wtf:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:16 am 

George Clayton Johnson:

Boy, his ears must have been burning as TZ DZ and I were just talking about him on Monday night. Anyway - GCJ called me yesterday. I'll be sitting down with him on Saturday in regards to converting some of his TZ scripts into graphic novels or mini novellas with images. Should be interesting as always. :D

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:05 pm 
The General
The General

Sounds cool DrM!

TZ DZ: Yes, you are correct! Nothing TTM!
I re-watched that hot Joan Freeman in her TOL episode Behold Eck! and thinking we need another poll as she should be on it! Damn, I forgot how mighty fine she is in that episode!

I also got to thinking from Expanding Human, we could get Skip Homeier and Aki Aleong.....have you tried either of them?
I need to get Freeman's address from you and get some grabs of her too....meow! :wub:

You should do a Jason Wingreen TOL collage as well.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 am 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:

I also got to thinking from Expanding Human, we could get Skip Homeier and Aki Aleong.....have you tried either of them?
I need to get Freeman's address from you and get some grabs of her too....meow! :wub:

You should do a Jason Wingreen TOL collage as well.....

Joan Freeman's addy is the one I got from ST.
Haven't checked it in a good while, but I can look back if you want.

Try as I might, I can't seem to find a good address for Aki Aleong. (He was in The Hundred Days of the Dragon) I looked for him a long time ago.
There are a few that look close on zaba, but there are enough as to where I don't want to send to them all. I haven't checked him recently on ST, so I don't know.

Skip Homeier - well he is one that I have looked everywhere for, and couldn't (again) find a good address.
I will look once again.

Unless either Aleong or Homeier have recently popped up on ST, we are out of luck.
I have researched both of those guys for hours and always came up with no credible leads.

Here's hoping we get something today!

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:08 am 
The General
The General

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Try as I might, I can't seem to find a good address for Aki Aleong. (He was in The Hundred Days of the Dragon)

TZ DZ Fan

Aki is also in Expanding Human!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:38 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:

Yes, I know.
But if I was going to send him some shots, I would certainly send him some from the arguably better "The Hundred Days of the Dragon".

I just wish we could dig him up. Something is better than nothing after all.

Speaking of that, nothing is exactly what I got TTM today.

Well, I did get some bullshit addressed to "career minded individual" in my mailbox.
They must have sent that to the wrong address, as it certainly isn't any "career minded individuals" here in my townhome.
:dance:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:05 pm 
The General
The General

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Woodrow Mulligan wrote:

Yes, I know.
But if I was going to send him some shots, I would certainly send him some from the arguably better "The Hundred Days of the Dragon". TZ DZ Fan

Well, that certainly goes without saying, but he does do some neat dancing and chanting around in EH, I need to rate that BTW, yuch, I really think that was worse than Behold Eck!

Yeah, nothing here either, I think I will email that Cliff Osmond again as well, I noticed I missed that above.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:48 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Yeah, nothing here either, I think I will email that Cliff Osmond again as well, I noticed I missed that above.....

And I was beginning too think you weren't checking out this thread regularly.............

Just wait till you get a load of the idea of what we have for Dominic Frontiere.
Truth be known I haven't seen it yet either, as I don't think "its done", but its a good idea in concept anyways.

The instant I mentioned it to DrM , we were going back and forth on it, and I could "hear" the wheels turning in DrM's head...........

Or was it the rocks shaking around.....?? :clap:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:55 pm 
The General
The General

He's going to do that after the Howling Man poster though, right?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:

NOT.

Frontiere is first. (this will be a rather simple 8x10 also)

Before "The Howling Man" is created, we need something called cash from Andrew. No cash = no poster on this one.
Simply put, DrM is putting in a ton of time at work and with his family, he is very busy. We agreed a long time back that there isn't much need for anything a la' HM Wynant unless there is some money is involved.
Hey, a poster would be cool, but truth be known, its gonna take DrM perhaps 20 hours on another poster, and he doesn't have the spare time currently.

I already have a ton of HM stuff, so he isn't really on my "want list".

Andrew knows this, but I think he is travelling a bit now too, and its on the back burner actually.
I also believe Andrew is trying to cultivate things (early stages) for the next convention, so I figure its not high on his list either.

You might want to realize that these things aren't easy to just "crank out".
I know firsthand from the many hours of discussion DrM and I had on our EOTB posters. Back and forth on many nights, and at various stages, Hell ,we probably just discussed design on that one for 5 hours.

Frontiere on the other hand, should be rather simple, and I am betting DrM could work something up in about an hour or so, after getting a clear picture of what he wants. Frontiere is different as we don't need specific shots from episodes, only titles, etc. etc.

BY THE WAY - Here is probably where I should pipe up and state that I picked up my EOTB poster this week, and it currrently hangs downstairs in my living room. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:07 pm 
The General
The General

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

You might want to realize that these things aren't easy to just "crank out". TZ DZ fan

Well, I was half kidding.....I am fully aware the time and effort that goes into making these photos and posters, etc.
You had mentioned that awhile back, but I guess I will forget about it if it is up to Andrew! That just happens to be one of my favorite episodes and think it would make a cool poster.

Anyway, nothing again yesterday.....and I did email Osmond again...... :( waiting for a reply....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:13 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
You had mentioned that awhile back, but I guess I will forget about it if it is up to Andrew!

That in itself is rather amusing. He isn't known for being the most prompt individual on certain issues. :dance:

I suppose I have been known to drag my feet from time to time too. :oops:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:54 pm 

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
The instant I mentioned it to DrM , we were going back and forth on it, and I could "hear" the wheels turning in DrM's head........... Or was it the rocks shaking around.....?? :clap:

Hey, hey - maybe a broken sprocket or two but no rocks :D

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
BY THE WAY - Here is probably where I should pipe up and state that I picked up my EOTB poster this week, and it currently hangs downstairs in my living room. :dance:

Yeah, ain't that baby sweet! Glad to hear it is up, under-glass, and on the wall. I Ran out of room over my piano wall - what with all the 8x10's and other posters. EotB resides in my bedroom with Jack & George. ;)

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:

We shall see - as TZ DZ stated, we need (2) things to happen first. Coincidentally - both happen to be song title on Pink Floyd's - Dark side of The Moon. :ROTF: Irony, ain't it great!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm 
The General
The General

I am assuming you are referencing Time and Money and not Brain Damage and Eclipse! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next