Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
As many of you here know, I began collecting signed 8x10s, documents, checks, and other tidbits of TZ actors only a few years ago.
There were a few reasons as to why, but curiousity and seeing what others had obtained helped to spark me along.
After about a year and a half, I branched off into Outer Limits items, and have perhaps obtained one of the largest OL collections around.

As several of you have seen, I also have the majority of my Outer Limits stuff, archived at this website.

I actually have a much more extensive collection of TZ items, but there are a few that have more than I.

Some of the highlights of my collection - - -

Rod Serling signed check-
I got that one off of EBAY for $99. Believe me, thats a good price. You routinely see them going for much higher, and there are always some around with a "buy it now" option of somewhere in the neighborhood of $275-$300. It also has a few "features", that make it a slight amount more desireable. It is pretty much MINT, and its one of the earlier ones I have seen.

The DrM posters- I lump these together, as I have a bunch now. The majority are framed and downstairs in my apartment. The first was "The Midnight Sun", so that has the more sentimental value I guess. Considering the huge effort I went through to get them made, and bring them the 7 hour drive to the Con to get signed, they will always be special.

Outer Limits "mini-poster"-
There is a shot of it on the Outer Limits Cafe. It is basically a white 8x10 glossy(with the OL logo faded into it) signed by several actors.... they are- Jason Wingreen, Vera Miles, Barbara Rush,Ed Nelson, Joan Freeman, Henry Silva,Ed Asner and Dewey Martin,James Hong,Warren Stevens, Robert Culp, Gail Kobe. These type things are damn interesting to mess with, and there is always the fear of losing it TTM. Once you get about 5-6 sigs on something like this, you get real F'N nervous sending it out, believe me.

Double signed shot from "It's a Good Life"
Andrew has this one on his site. It turned out extremely well. Cloris Leachman signed it, and Mumy is sitting in her lap with this real "mean" look on his face. (Mumy signed it as well)

Triple signed shot from "A Game of Pool"
8x10 shot of Johnathon Winters and Klugman shooting pool in the episode. Also signed by GCJ in person at 2006 TZconvention.

I also have signed index cards by -Janice Rule, Sheppard Strudwick, and Morgan Brittany. These are going to be framed and matted at some point, with a poster of "Nightmare as a Child". Now if only I could locate that other little girl, what was her name again?? :(

Gig Young signed credit card slip-
This I picked up off EBAY for less than $15 delivered. :dance:

Double signed shot of Ed Nelson and Martin Sheen in OL episode "Nightmare".
This thing is beautiful!

Double signed shot of Vera Miles and Barbara Rush in their OL episode " The Forms of Things Unknown".

Double signed shot of Sally Kellerman and Chita Rivera in their OL episode "The Bellero Shield".

I also now have quite a bit of notes/letters that I have received back from some of the actors.

I will post more about this hobby soon....... and I am anxious to trade tidbits back and forth with Mr. Trent,DrM and Woodrow Mulligan. (woodrow has been collecting for many years and has an immense autograph collection)

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:21 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
~©The DrM Collection©~

The Poster Collection consists of the following pieces:

The Midnight Sun (24 x 20) - Signed by Tom Reese & the late Lois Nettleton

George Clayton Johnson TZ Episodes Collage (16 x 20) - Signed by GCJ

James Best TZ Episodes Collage (16 x 20) - Signed by James Best

Suzanne Lloyd: Perchance to Dream (16 x 20) - Signed by Suzanne Lloyd

Bill Mumy TZ Episodes Collage (16 x 20) - Signed by Bill Mumy

Kevin McCarthy: Long Live Walter Jameson (16 x 20) - Signed by Kevin McCarthy

Jack Klugman Episodes Collage (16 x 20) - Signed by Jack Klugman

Henry Silva TOL Episodes Collage (16 x 20) - Signed by Henry Silva

Robert Culp TOL Episodes Collage (16 x 20) - Signed by Robert Culp

Eye of the Beholder (20 x 24) - Signed by Donna Douglas {and shortly by Edson Stroll} (Note: This started prior to Silva but wasn't returned from signing until after Culp.)

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45 am 
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
As many of you here know, I began collecting signed 8x10s, documents, checks . . .

TZ DZ Fan

Did you say "Checks" ?

Or as we spell it in the UK, "Cheques".

Heck, I collect those things too! :clap:

So, if any of you want to add to my Check/Cheque collection, Make them payable to Mr T. Doyle and PM me for my mailing address.

I'll leave amounts to your generosity. :wink:

All contributions to my li'l ole check/cheque collection would be most welcome! :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
Here is an 8X10 recent autographed photo of a TZ alumni,
Harold Gould

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 am 

While I admit that is very good, I have to say I am partial to mine that I had him sign and the inscription.

Check this baby out. Straight outta "Probe 7 Over and Out", it doesn't get any better than this boys..............

"Our world is doing a little wholesale dying now" is the inscription. What a crown jewel. :clap:

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:13 am 

A note to woodrow, DrM and anyone else here that may be interested.
I have prepared yet another CD, with images to be printed into 8x10s.

DrM and I have worked on one special 8x10,(umm, well DrM did anyhow :) ) that I am going to send out , and you will be included woodrow, for helping us in other transactions in the past, and for being patient with other endeavors, such as the "Eye of the Beholder" posters.
P.S. I am not telling you what it is, it should be a complete surprise. My only hint is it has something to do with one of the most well remembered Outer Limits episodes ever. Be aware, that it may be a few months till we get it back, because I MAY* send it out in more than one direction. I'm not saying anymore, so don't ask, and I have instructed DrM to keep quiet on this as well. :P That should be enough to get your juices flowing. 8)

Coincidentally, these EOTB are supposed to be taken care of in the next 2-3 weeks, as soon as DrM and our hero Andrew can coincide on a weekend, and meet with Edson Stroll. Then the final piece of that puzzle will be done. :dance:

Special note to Lazy, and Rorschach- Once this poster is finished, DrM has a large batch of "goodies" that is to be boxed up and sent my way, that has been accumulating for about a year now.
At this point, I will be able to send the promised "gifts" to each of you. I am sure Lazy, has heard this enough times to make him want to puke :yack: , but for various reasons, it just hasn't happened.

Woodrow- I assume with your moving, you are in the middle of a "gray area", and haven't received much of anything for a good while. I can also assure you that its been drier here, (no ttm action), in many months. Of course, I haven't anything out really, except a few shots in the dark, and none of them came through. Image

I was hoping to snap off John Astin, and Dodi Heath, but both were a bust. I assume they got to where they were supposed to go, as I never even got an RTS. :wtf:

Some of the ones I am going to send to this time around -
Burt Metcalfe (small spot in The Galaxy Being),Buck Taylor, Robert Duvall (OL stuff, of which I have none with him),Donna Douglas,
Marisa Pavan (out there in France), and Arlene Martel, and 2-3 others that shall remain nameless at this point.

I also want to know what all you have gotten back that is headed in my direction. I know you may not have it all unpacked or whatever, but if you can give me an estimate on what all has at least come back, it would be appreciated. :D

Also, have you gotten any of the last batch of shots printed out yet, and if so, how did they turn out? And the AHP mini-poster, how does that look, I'm curious.... :)

While I am asking 200 questions here, is there anything else you are currently working on, (TTM projects/shows), and any successes recently?

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:19 am 

Here are a few more of my favorites.............

Vera Miles - (from the AHP premiere "Revenge")

I actually wrote a note to her about this scene, when I sent my shots. I really thought they were pushing the limits back then, because that scene was very revealing. She didn't respond though, only signed my shots. :(

Joanna Frank - from "ZZZZZZ"
Although many don't like this episode, she certainly spiced it up!

Perhaps my favorite OL piece of all-
Double signed shot from my favorite episode "Nightmare". (Ed Nelson and Martin Sheen)
This is the only shot like this of its kind, that I have ever seen or even heard of.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:57 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Here are a few more of my favorites.............

Vera Miles - (from the AHP premiere "Revenge")

I actually wrote a note to her about this scene, when I sent my shots. I really thought they were pushing the limits back then, because that scene was very revealing. She didn't respond though, only signed my shots. :(

TZ DZ Fan

Vera Miles is gorgeous in that episode..well...she is in everything, but especially in "Revenge".

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:18 am 

whitsbrain wrote:
Vera Miles is gorgeous in that episode..well...she is in everything, but especially in "Revenge".

Vera Miles was at her best in that particular episode. Especially in the "looks department", in my opinion.

Supposedly even Hitchcock himself said something along the lines of "she doesn't always photograph well". But he must have been fond of her, as he used her in alot of stuff.

Speaking of her in general, I believe she looked better in this bikini scene (best here), and "Mirror Image", than in her OL episode.

That particular "bikini scene", is something to behold. When "Aunt Bee", looks down at her is the best part. She looks at her like :wtf: are you wearing....? I can't figure out if its part jealousy (well prob a bit of that), or part of the script in that she has to show that type reaction.

I wish Miles had written back to me, and mentioned that scene. She probably barely remembers it though.
I just have to believe Hitch was really lucky to get that past the censors back then.

For what its worth, there are some absolutely stunning model shots that come up of her on EBAY really cheap now and then.
I may pick 1-2 up soon and send them out to her for signing again.

Here is another of my favorite Miles shots. (I don't have a copy of this one, but they are out there.) I also know a few guys that have had her sign these for them also.

I also didn't know,(but am not surprised) that she placed 3rd in the Miss America pageant in 1948. (imdb)

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:45 am 

Here are a few other favorites of mine.................

Charles Lane was 100 years old when he signed this for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just for kicks..............here's the drunkard.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:54 am 

OK, for the OL fans........
This is much clearer in person. Its a white glossy 8x10, with the OL logo and wording across it.
(its brightened up/white so you could see the future autographs on it)
This took me a couple years of sending it all around. Also thanks to DrM for getting it signed by several people in person over the last year or so out in Los Angeles.

Signed by...........
Ed Asner, James Hong, Robert Culp,Joan Freeman,Dewey Martin, Gail Kobe,Vera Miles, Ed Nelson,Henry F'N Silva,Jason Wingreen, Warren Stevens, Arlene Martel,and Barbara Rush.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:40 pm 

Part of TZ DZ's latest acquisition that is still in my possession.

I also have (4) lovely 20x24" EotB poster signed by this young lady that is going to be signed by Mr. Edson Stroll tomorrow at his home. Upon his signature - and with the unfortunate demise of George Keymas & disappearing act of Maxine Stuart - 3 of these posters will being going out to 2 other members of the board and a friend of the board.

More to come ...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:00 am 

Phineas..................

Please lift whatever block you may have applied to woodrows mulligans account,(or thread access) that prevents him from answering any of the questions I may have asked him in this thread.

Thank you and good night. :dance:
TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 pm 

Well, since Woodrow ain't posting - here is another part of the EotB collection. And if Woodrow would post I tell the story, but until then, let's wet his appetite.

No - this isn't the long awaited poster - this is one of the original concept 8x10s. The poster blows this away. ;)

Woodrow - post damn it! :dance:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:35 pm 
The General
The General

OK, that is funny TZ DZ--lift the block.... :) ...and the EoTB shots are awesome as well! I sure wish we could find Maxine Stuart--did you have any luck checking out the list of people at the home DrM?
But, Gimme a break guys! I have four kids and we just moved! lol....or :cry: ....I haven't had much time on here except the fun little word games and such....now, what am I suppose to post here?????

I also have some stories I want to post on the blog, but just haven't had the time to do that either. I have some cool stories to tell, one of which I wrote for a college paper, when I met Bette Davis, and damn if I can't find it. I thought I had it on disc so i could just upload it, but I will have to find it. Anyway........

I emailed TZ DZ about this, but yesterday after a six month wait, FINALLY got back Vera Miles, one of which is for TZ. I cannot believe all the other stuff that I have out there that hasn't come back.

OK, now who said Grace Lee is a drunk? You are too funny.....

I can assure you it has been drier here than anywhere! Although I did get some cool stuff from people who are on Broadway, which is a great way to get current actors I like when those are the ones impossible to get any kind of address on---I recently got Brian Dennehy, Frank Langella (who actually signed his name and not "FL" or "Frank L" like he does in person or TTM which I have read elsewhere so glad about that), Ian McShane (he sent me a cool Deadwood shot). I think that is all I can recall recently. If and when we get caught up somewhat (who ever gets caught up....) I will get a scanner that is compatible with this Windows Vista so I can scan some of this stuff.

Oh, no I have not printed up the AHP shots you sent me....I know :wtf: , but I didn't want to send anything out until I knew we were moving for sure. It was all up in the air--we got a house, then the loan fell through three days before closing, etc. Then we did get a place so I wanted to wait. Now I have to get it together somewhat more and then I will get to working on it.

I have a few that DrM sent me I need to get out soon....time it ticks away....
now last weekend I would have liked to have gone to the Comic book show we have here once a year--Walter Koenig and Kenny Baker were there, but just didn't work out. I have Koenig on a movie poster from Star Trek VI signed by the entire cast! Very awesome I must say, I should try to take a photo of that and upload it huh....

zat what you all wanted from me???? :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:50 pm 

I just got my pictures back last night, and they turned out damn nice!

Some of the ones I am sending out too soon are -

Buck Taylor- Man I bet he shites himself when he sees these shots from his Outer Limits episode. :P
Robert Duvall - From his OL stuff.
Morgan Brittany - More OL stuff.
Donna Douglas - TZ stuff, that turned out nice. I have a PO Box, and I believe its a good one. I will share with you guys when I get an answer.
Burt Metcalfe- OL stuff, I bet he will go nuts when he sees the OL shots as well.

Oh- There is one more item I am sending out too woodrow. It will remain unspecified at this point, so it will be a complete surprise. I may send it out in 2 directions, so it may be awhile. Man are you going to like this one too. (you have a copy going out too)

BTW- There seems to be a good addy for Paul Lukather on Stararchive now. He was in 2 OL episodes, so I am going to have to try that one as well.
Now I have to write the letters and send them out this week!

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:58 pm 
The General
The General

I would love to see the Buck Taylor ones---I met him about 10 years back at an art show as he is a painter now. I got a photo with him as he is, of course, in one of my other top favorite shows of all time-Gunsmoke.

OK I write a book and no comment?! :x
Just karma for "coming back to life"---too funny TZ!!!
Damn I think that is the first Karma from you too!! :clap: :dance:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:05 pm 

Just in case you hadn't figured it out................

This past Wednesday DrM went and met with Edson Stroll at his home, and got our posters and a couple other items signed.

I think as soon as he sees you have come back from the dead, he will probably post about it here.

I heard that Buck Taylor is a prick about charging for his sigs, but I am going to find out shortly.
I am going to offer him a few items/shots for trade, that he can reproduce and sell on his website.
He currently has ZERO OL stuff there.

If he doesn't go for that, then he goes way down in my book.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:13 pm 
The General
The General

Yeah, Andrew told me they went...pretty cool.

Now, ole Buck was charming and nice when I met him. He is no more a prick for charging than anyone else is he?
you gotta realize the world is making money off of them and they are not getting a cent! Residuals before 1965 don't exist! And the ones from '65 to 1970's are mere cents by now......unless he got a piece of Gunsmoke, which I doubt as ole Arness owns that baby, then he's gotta make it the way everyone else does, unfortunately for us.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:21 pm 

I understand that, believe me.
And I don't mind paying for a sig, if I want it bad enough. Though I am just like you, there is nothing wrong with FREE, because thats pretty cheap. :D

All I am saying is I am going to offer him some one-of-a-kind nice shite, OL style. These pics turned out great, and he can reproduce and sell, and thereby make more $$$.
So if he doesn't go for that, then he can rot.

And you know just like I do, some people aren't as bad as others.
I just saw a few horror stories on ST about him, thats all.

Look, some charge at conventions, and are FREE TTM. Now thats my kind of people. :)
Not only do you get that free, but you get that pleasant "surprise" back in the mailbox every so often.

Which by the way has been many months for me. I need to get back on the bandwagon. :(

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:06 am 

About time, Woodrow :lol: Yeah, yeah, kids and moving - sure we'll cut you some slack. A quick comment here - rather than a declaration of life - would have sufficed. :P

What Andrew may have failed to mention is that he failed to give Edson his new phone number and/or follow up that we were still on for last Sunday. When we got to Edson's place, his wife informed us that he was on an emergency yacht inspection and wouldn't be back for hours.

I talked to Edson on the phone on Tuesday and set up a Wednesday appointment, and confirmed prior to my driving over to his place. I talked with Edson for about an hour - one one one - about the poster, his voice work, his impending book about E. A. Poe, some Rod and TZ stories. Really a nice guy. It may lead to some additional work for M&M-CID.

I'll be sending out the posters and other stuff to you and TZ DZ on Monday. Send me an email with your new addy, bro.

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 pm 

Well woodrow, hopefully either by now, or on Tuesday afternoon, DrM will get the vast majority of stuff out to us.

Just so you know, I did in fact write and send to 2 people this evening, before I left to go play a bit of poker.
This is the first writing and sending I have done (with 8x10s) in over 6 months. :(

Buck Taylor is one who I sent to first. I sent him 2 shots, with one copy of each, for him to keep. I also instructed him that if he wants to reproduce and sell (and autograph) the images, its fine with me.
I also included a $20 check.

If he won't go for that, then he seriously can rot. I am giving him a chance to make some money off of other fans like you and I, and I know he has never seen any OL photos like the ones I sent him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see copies for sale on his website soon.

The other person I sent to, shall remain unnamed for the time being.
I have contacted this person several times through email, and he is expecting a package from me. Hopefully, he will sign and return my stuff (I have included a couple of goodies for him also, at his request).
I also included copies for me, you, and DrM to have him sign, then it will be going out in another direction.

If this goes well, you are going to have something really nice to look forward to getting soon, and adding to your collection.

I am going to try and write off a few more requests again by weeks end.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:09 am 

OK Woodrow...........

Tonight I wrote a couple more requests.
Robert Duvall - I sent him some very nice OL shots.
They include some awesome shots of him in "The Inheritors", and one from "The Chameleon". The ones from "Inheritors", are very, very nice, and one even has little Morgan Brittany! Another has him picking up a crutch from one of the little crippled kids, great shot.
Hopefully I can get with her TTM, and get both to sign.

I also sent some shots to one Burt Metcalfe. He was in "The Galaxy Being", with Cliff Robertson.
I am sure he has never seen anything like that before, and probably never will again. I am betting he has seen a TON of M*A*S*H* stuff, but zero OL stuff.

I have a few shots still here I need to send out, including some to Donna Douglas. I am also going to send to Marisa Pavan out in France.

Just to whet your appetite......... Some really great news~! Remember the "project" that I told you, that you were going to be included in? I heard from that individual in email early Friday, and he got the shots I sent to him.
He wanted to know how to sign the shots. I know you like the personalized ones, but since there were several to be signed, I told him not to personalize them. (as its copies for 3 of us)
Either way, I hope to get them this week, and then I can hopefully send them out in direction number 2, and if I get them back from that individual, that will really be nice.
You will be stoked to get that item, if hopefully we get them done.

I am really looking forward to getting something back, from any direction. :oops:
As you know, its a great feeling.

No news from you recently, so I am guessing you haven't gotten anything else either.
You must have alot of stuff gathering up to send out to ME though. :clap:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:44 am 
The General
The General

I do have a lot to send to you, but those tubs are still sitting waiting for me to unpack.
I need to get through them because I want to send out to Brubaker and some others. I also want to get a photo of Morgan Freeman and send to him on Broadway as he is doing a play for about a month or so. The hard to get ones are easy to get when they are doing a play.

I haven't gotten a thing TTM--except those Vera Miles shots I told you about after a six-month wait! Better late than never though....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:06 am 

OK woodrow, on Thursday the 24th I got my first TTM success back in many months!

It is part one of my "project" for me , you and DrM.
It will be going out in the next direction early next week. :dance:

I am stoked about this one. Hopefully we get it back from party number 2 without a hitch.

I need to pump out these next 3 requests, and get working on my next batch of pictures.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 am 

Nice!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:46 pm 

DrMoreau wrote:
Nice!

Unfortunately woodrow, DrM is unable to comment on the nature of my/our latest TTM success.
He actually knows exactly what the item is in question, but he is unable to comment.
Simply put its a matter of PTE security.
This easily supercedes National Security, so you are just going to have to wait. :P

I am hoping to send this thing out tomorrow.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:26 pm 

Nice![sup]2[/sup]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:01 am 

Ok woodrow, (and DrM) :D

Hold your breath boys, I have finished writing my letter to Donna Douglas, and I am sending it to the "secret" address we stumbled across a while time back.

This makes 6 things sent in the last 2 weeks, and I had not sent out any requests in about 6 months prior to this batch.

As I was telling Mr.Z this morning in the chatroom, I have the itch again, and I am wanting to start getting some of this stuff back in again.

Now I need to kick out about 5-6 more requests, and get a few things floating around so they can start trickling back in. :dance: Which by the way, I believe we may have a new "collector" in our midst, as Mr.Z is going to write to Earl Holliman soon!, as he was in Mr.Zs favorite episode. "WIE?"
Thats how the sickness begins, you start with one or two, then it grows from there.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:42 pm 

My latest acquisition, which I got in the mail today from a friend.

Its almost hard to fathom, but because of multiple delays,(and being jerked around by an agency), it took nearly 2 years, for us to get these 8x10 shots signed and back from Donna Douglas. (we had already had Edson Stroll sign a few)
This is a project that I thought would just never get done.

But, the best is yet to come. This is just a prelude.

(this is actually not my exact copy, but one of several we had done)

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 pm 
The General
The General

awesome! So the address for Donna works then huh?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:56 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
awesome! So the address for Donna works then huh?

No, well umm, not yet anyway, I just sent that stuff out on 4-30.

That is one of the Andrew Ramage/DrM/Scott Stander&Associate complete f@%k ups.
Not on any of our ends, I want to stress.

I hope to hear back personally from Donna in the coming weeks.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:36 am 

As stated earlier woodrow, not a damn thing TTM in next to forever, except one thing I got about 2 weeks ago, that I did figure to get back in short order.

Not getting anything in long spells sucks when you are accustomed to getting back a couple items a week.

I am just guessing but you must not have sent out too much recently, after your moving and all.

Maybe we need to get on the stick and get a few new projects going.

Hopefully we will snap something off tonight.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:30 am 
The General
The General

Well, I do have a ton of things that I need to get copied still....true enough I have not sent anything out since moving here. I even got two photos of one Evelyn Keyes (one of the surviving sisters from GWTW) that I need to get sent out and thought I would get out before the rates went up, but, alas did not. TOO MUCH GOING ON! DAMN!!! :cry: Still, on the one hand I have a truck load of stuff still floating out there! Ticks me off too when I think about it.
Did you ever get a Mary Webster photo made up? Didn't you say you found her?
I still need to get Brubaker out too...you wanted him as well right?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:42 am 

I think in our confusion you thought I said Mary Webster- The one I found was Mary Gregory who was in 3 TZ episodes.
I SOOOO want to get her as "Nelda the Maid" in "Lateness of the Hour".
I know you hate the videotaped ones, but still, I liked her creepy robot role there, plus it would be truly one of a kind.

Webster on the other hand, may be around, but I certainly don't know where to find her.

One that will raise your eyebrows is one Edmund Vargas. (The young boy in "The Gift") He is one that NONE of the TZ collectors have at all, and haven't a clue.
Well just today I sent a letter to one "Edmund Vargas", and I think there is about an 90% chance, its him.

Funny thing about that episode, is almost ALL of the main cast is still alive in that one.
Geoffrey Horne, Edmund Vargas, Cliff Osmond, and another I dug up Nico Minardos (the doctor), and even Paul Mazursky is alive too!!
Thats 5 possible signers from one ep, a real rarity, possibly the only one left with that many.

Bright note- Just dropped my disc off tonight to my friend, and it has a new batch of pics to send out on it, so next week I will be back in full TTM mode.

Some of the people I have on there are -

Dabney Coleman - Outer Limits / not the most dependable signer, but I'm going to try him anyway.
Paul Lukather - OL again, seems to be a good signer, and was in 2 episodes.
Peter Mark Richman- OL, and I am sending him 3 shots, and copies of each for him to keep. He mentioned to me at TZCon 2006
he had very little OL stuff, so hopefully he will sign my copies and keep his.

Mary Gregory - OL AND TZ shots, one of my more wanted ones.
Mona Houghton - The little girl from FCISOAE and Buck Houghton's daughter. I think I have a good addy for her, and she
would be a great possibility for the next TZCon if it happens.
Nico Minardos - TZ- Doctor from "The Gift".

I have got the bug again, and hopefully I will get something soon from the last batch, and get some of this stuff out going also.

Good success with old Claudia Bryar!!

Just for info, you now have shots for me of , Vera Miles, Barbara Rush, Claudia Bryar, and I think 2-3 more as well no? I forget some of the names. What about the Pat Hitchcock shots and the AHP mini-, did you send those yet?
YES! I wanted Brubaker too, why have you not sent out to him yet, man thats been awhile since I gave you those shots.

By the way, the "surprise" for you and me and DrM, well I am getting a bit worried about that, as the guy I sent the stuff to is normally a very quick signer, and that stuff has been out a month now. I really hope nothing has happened with those as they were already signed by one person before I sent them out again. :(

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:33 pm 
The General
The General

Yes, you are right I am thinking of Mary Gregory.....I would still like to get her as well....
Yes I have a ton to send out and yes I have a ton to send to you....all those you mentioned, PLUS Phyllis Love don't forget! She was another lost treasure....I love Four O'Clock, plus she did AHP as well and you know about TOL as that is one of the photos she signed as well.....I have to get my computer desk with all this stuff set up...the movers broke the damn computer hutch top and I have to get it fixed, but I haven't had time.....such is life.....
soon soon

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:06 pm 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Yes, you are right I am thinking of Mary Gregory.....I would still like to get her as well....
Yes I have a ton to send out and yes I have a ton to send to you....all those you mentioned, PLUS Phyllis Love don't forget! She was another lost treasure....I love Four O'Clock, plus she did AHP as well and you know about TOL as that is one of the photos she signed as well.....I have to get my computer desk with all this stuff set up...the movers broke the damn computer hutch top and I have to get it fixed, but I haven't had time.....such is life.....
soon soon

I am pretty sure there were others as well too, but I am working only from memory. I know one time I made you a huge batch of grabs, and requested copies of several.

That Bob Hastings was another, (For TZ's I Dream of Genie right?), but I don't think you ever heard back from that guy did you?

I know there were some others, but I can't think of them offhand.

Nothing TTM today either. :(

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:12 pm 
The General
The General

Yes there are lots more, but still in boxes.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:33 pm 

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Sorry - my bad. :oops:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:53 pm 

DrMoreau wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Sorry - my bad. :oops:

Well I know yours is coming, no biggie.

I figure Gary may have been getting a bit antsy there though, as I think he only had a few 8x10s coming, so it should have been easier to send. (unless you already did?????)

OH~! He does get a poster also, so I guess thats going to take a bit of effort.

Cool note- The other night I was loading 5 of those HUGE Deer Park bottled water cases into the back of my Jeep. (for a weekly poker game) The ones that hold 32 bottles each.

Anyway one of my poker playing buddies was like, what are those tubes for in the back of your Jeep dude?
I just said , umm, never mind. :clap:

DrM- I am getting a bit nervous about our last "project", as the typically very quick signer hasn't come through just yet. :wtf:
Been over a month. :(

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:37 pm 

Well, he does have a project in production and may be on location? No biggie - we waited a year for Donna D.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 am 

DrMoreau wrote:
Well, he does have a project in production and may be on location? No biggie - we waited a year for Donna D.

Yeah, but I don't think that was entirely her fault.

She is pretty much known to be a fairly slow signer,(maybe 4-6 months) but the jackasses at Stander & Assoc. certainly didn't help matters.

There is literally no telling how many people they have screwed out of $$$ over the years. I have read many, many stories.
Once they had a HUGE lot of stuff for Don Knotts to sign, then he passed away.
NONE of the people who had sent money and pics in got a refund, a letter, contact, NADA. They just got screwed. From all accounts on stararchive, it must have been at least several thousand dollars worth of material.

But this time they were dealing with you and me. NO was not an option. :twisted: :dance:

You know, in retrospect, and I even mentioned this to Andrew.....
If you hadn't made a stink, called every month on the nose, and eventually camped out at their office one afternoon until you could get to see someone, well, we could possibly* still be waiting. :clap:

I can say this, the first time around, I had completely written the shite off, and Andrew had only in the last 2-3 days before we received anything, had drawn up a letter to send. Then boom! out of nowhere he gets his stuff, and about 5-6 days later I got mine back also. That was like 8 months after sending something there.

I personally don't want to deal with them ever again, unless a once in a lifetime opportunity arises. Even then, I doubt I will want to screw around with those clowns.

Now if they were to start dealing with Landau on the other hand......................... :twisted:
I might be persuaded to take another chance.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:36 pm 

Well woodrow- needless to say, yet another big fat ZERO TTM today.

I was hoping to get something, but alas, nothing has come back out of my last batch.

Here are my outstanding sends,just from my last batch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buck Taylor - sent 4-14 check included AND copies for him This pisses me off.

Burt Metcalfe -sent 4-22 Not as dependable as some, kind of a shot in the dark.

Robert Duvall - sent 4-22 Very slow, but normally signs. (included a copy of an OL shot for him, this should be fruitful) :clap:

Donna Douglas - sent 4-30 "Secret" untested P.O. Box but yet an agency uses it, so it should be good. She is typically slow anyhow.
Check included, donation for her church. :twisted:

Morgan Brittany - snail mail letter sent on 5-2 concerning TZCon 2006, and possible next TZCon. (also the promise of some OL pics, of which she had NONE at the TZCon 2006, and mentioned then she would like some) I don't know what the hold up here is.

Mystery????? - This gentleman shall remain unnamed, as its a surprise for you, copies of this for you, me and DrM.
Sent on 4-28, this guy is normally very fast, I am getting a bit concerned.(as fast as 8-10 days) As DrM pointed out though, he may possibly be on location, hence the slowness.

Oh yeah- 5-23 ,Just sent a snail mail letter to a possible "Edmund Vargas" from TZ episode- "The Gift". Shot in the dark, but who knows.

Man I would hate to see even a "glimpse" of the stuff you have out.
Do you keep track of it in any way?

I try and keep records of ALL of my stuff, for future reference.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:43 am 
The General
The General

Well, if it is any consolation TZ, there was no mail yesterday because of the holiday! :D

Yes, I have always kept track of things on paper and then I keep some track of things on StarTiger as well, but always on paper. I have done that since day one. It is also interesting to see how fast or slow things come back. I know sometimes people who have been fast as lightening in the past then are slow later. Never know WTH is going on....

I do know that Buck Taylor travels to art shows and sells his paintings so that may be the slow down there. He really is a nice man and I bet you get a success eventually.

I got nothing Saturday, maybe today.....who knows? After getting Claudia Bryar I am still in heaven, that was a cool one to get. And I sent that last July.....so anything can happen! I just hope I get all mine back before my forwarding order expires, which is another 10 months or so anyway.....
I don't know why the PO just doesn't keep forwarding until one moves again anyway....seems it would save them time returning things.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:16 am 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Well, if it is any consolation TZ, there was no mail yesterday because of the holiday! :D

Man, who actually keeps track of that shite............. Oh, I guess the people that "work" (there's that four letter word again) have to keep up with the holidays. All my time and months are just a blur at this point.
The weekends stand out for obvious reasons.

I said it before on Startiger, and I'll say it again.
"THE ONLY THING A HOLIDAY IS GOOD FOR IS TO KEEP ME FROM GETTING ANY GOOD AUTOGRAPHS BACK TTM" :clap:

Really, not to be depressing, but out of all the stuff you have out there in TTM land, and I bet its a bunch............how many pieces do you reasonably expect to get back?

I know when I first started, I sent out like 15 different people at places that were probably just a waste, until I learned a few tricks.
I wrote all those off months and months ago.

I reckon I should get back about 5-6 pieces that I have out now, realistically.
Then once in a great while something breezes back in from months or even well over a year ago. Thats always pleasant!
Just like Claudia Bryar huh.................?

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:27 am 
The General
The General

I pretty much give up on them all after a few months just so I don't go crazy! I would love to get them all back, but that is unrealistic.
There is one I need to re-write to and that is Darryl Hickman who has a Grapes of Wrath photo signed already by Shirley Mills (they played the Joad children). Here is a perfect example of one who usually signs within the week and this photo has been there since last July. Andrew swears he keeps things every once in a while.....a lot of times a re-write has reminded someone of something and they go find it---I have re-written to Ruth Hussey when she was alive and her daughter wrote back, said she had moved to assisted living, thought they had mailed out my item, but would look for it. It was an origianl lobby card that Alan had signed from The Uninvited. So I was freaking out about that one, but then I got another letter saying they had found it and it would be coming shortly and I did get it.
Back when John Saxon signed for free TTM, he had a still of mine for over a year that Estelle Winwood had already signed. He too thought he had sent it back to me and sent it back with a letter and about 5 extra photos! Apologizing all over the place!
Marsha Hunt is one that I sent a still maybe some 5 years ago with both Alan and Keenan's signature on and always heard she was a good signer. I wrote her once. Then wrote her again. Then she sent a postcard and said she remembered that photo and was getting it copied as she didn't have it and would send it when she found it, so you know that is gone as it has been probably two years since I received that postcard. The thing is----send me a different photo at least! I just don't understand some of these people. I know you have had success with Marsha Hunt....she fickin loses my photo and sends me a postcard---look beatch, just send a damn 8X10 and apologize that way as I STILL don't have a photo signed by her! :x

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:35 am 

Don't feel bad about Marsha Hunt.
I had some really crappy TZ shots, and of course I got those back. They were all washed out and poor.

Of course once DrM and I tangled up, I got some beautiful OL shots made, (from ZZZZZZ) and they never found their way back here.
That pissed me off, as I would have rather had her on the OL shots.

I may resend, but I should hurry.

I remember reading that her eyesight is about gone now anyway.
I also read within the last 4-6 months that she gets more fanmail than ever!, even at her old age.

That might be why it got lost.

Now what really should piss you off is little Evelyn Rudie!!!!

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:41 am 
The General
The General

Yeah, just another one that I don't get, just like Barry Morse who I sent to THREE times!
Evelyn Rudie I have sent those same photos TWICE! Maybe I should try again. :cry:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:46 am 
The General
The General

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
Wow, MrM,
I am honored, I did not know you were his voice-over agent, I humbly bow to you, great sir.You must have some great stories about this,sir.
MrZ

Yes he does have some good stories MrZ.
We have talked here and there about dealing with some of these people. Woodrow had dealt with quite a few TZ alum too, years ago.

Too bad he wasn't as heavy into collecting then as he is now, or he could have had a few more interesting items in addition to his already huge collection.
TZ DZ fan

I thought I would move this from the episode thread and elaborate for you more in this thread....

To clarify more on this, I lived in LA for 12 years. The first five years I lived with Alan Napier whom most of you know from TZ's
Passage on the Lady Anne, tons of AHP, movies, and, of course, Alfred from the camp 1960's Batman series. He was entering his 80's and was a widower and always had young people around to help him out. His grandson lived with him for years, but was moving north and he wanted someone in the house with him. A long story....I could tell you tons just from living in Pacific Palisades atop the hill next to the Getty museum and the goings on there as well! :o .....

Anyway, through one of the guys that knew Alan's grandson, through the grapevine I heard of a job at a talent agency that TZ alumni, Ted Knight's son was working at. He was leaving to do bigger things so I went in and took the job as runner/gopher what have you. After about a year they realized my talents were in the voiceover field, as I knew everyone who did everything. This is before the age of computers, mind you, so all my research on actors and actresses was conducted through the library and buying books.

So I start to work in the voiceover department and I am still very much into collecting autographs, heavily I might add. My thing has always been old movies. I would get movie stills and then try to get several of the actors in the photo to sign it. In the meantime flash forward 20 years and I come across the Twilight Zone "other place" forum. In finding this forum I run across Dan, Scott, and Andrew. We all have different addresses of actors and exchange such. Well, the more I got into this part of the forum it sparked my interest even more to go down a different path with my collecting and that is to concentrate on TZ alumni.

Now mind you I have been a TZ fanatic since I was able to watch one, but the thing is this: I just never realized, for example, that the young man in To Serve Man was this 60something man (Lloyd Bochner) that I virtually called in every day of the week for a voice audition! I didn't have the ease of a computer to look up credits as we do now and the actors didn't talk about a TV show they did, at this time in the early 1980's, 20 years ago. I just did not put it together!
....did not dawn on me that this very nervous, unsure of his talents, and needed so much reassurance when he would perform auditions was Ace Larsen from The Prime Mover! You see I remembered Dane Clark for most of his gangster roles in the old movies.
.....same with this grumpy, complainer of a man who seemed ancient in the 1980's and is still around today tearing up fan mail from what I hear.....I DID know he was in TZ, but he was such a grump I just did not bother to get his autograph or have my photo taken with.... (that is something I did with virtually everyone I could, there are some I missed, but for the most part I got my photo taken with tons of actors & actresses) Joe Maross......oh well. I wrote to him in Jan. '07 just to see if I could get lucky, but I never heard.....
So, just to clarify a bit there TZ, I was totally into collecting then as I was right in the thick of it! I just collected more of the movie side as the other thing was there were virtually no television photos to be had anywhere! One of my all time favorite shows is Gunsmoke and Amanda Blake became one of our clients......you have no idea who stoked I was to meet her. She was the nicest ladies too, she died too damn young, very sad. I wanted a Miss Kitty photo so badly, but could not get one anywhere in town (Hollywood)...she didn't have any either. So I have other photos signed by her, just not one I wanted. So there would have been no TZ photos at that time. No one really saw the value of things like that until this collecting thing became a cancer and spread everywhere.

I remember when I started collecting in the wee early 1970's, I would send a small envelope, put a 7 cent stamp on it and send a request and get an 8X10 photo sent back to me! That is how I got J.Pat O'Malley, John Williams, Murray Matheson, Alan Napier, Richard Basehart, William Demarest (he was a darling man and would always send several photos, I wrote to him many times over the years), Robert Emhardt, Charles Lane (this was the first time around back in 1980, then I sent to him a TZ shot I got from Scott when he was 101 and he signed it several months before he died. So that is a neat one in that I have two different eras of his life!),Hayden Rorke, Buddy Ebsen, George Chandler,Estelle Winwood, Mickey Rooney (way before he started charging), Brian Aherne, Theodore Bikel, on and on and those are just the TZ or AHP people I can think of off the top of my head!

I hope I didn't bore you all....I tend to go on and on, but I was just clarifying! :D
The sad thing is now we could get screen grabs of these shows or stills from these shows, but half of the actors are gone now.....it has been a very rewarding and fun hobby I must say.....and continues today! As stated in an earlier thread I finally got Claudia Bryar who did so many things over the years, played the grumpy wife in the classic Andy Griffith Show episode where she is married to Jesse White and they bicker all the time, TZ's Mute, and so many other things. I sent to her last July and it finally got back with a note from her son saying it has been a tough year on her, she is fine, but this month she turns 90! I always enjoy hearing they like the letters too. They do love to be remembered and someone like her probably gets virtually no mail anymore unless a nut like me digs and digs to find her!

OK I will stop......for now! :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 am 

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Dabney Coleman - Outer Limits / not the most dependable signer, but I'm going to try him anyway.
Paul Lukather - OL again, seems to be a good signer, and was in 2 episodes.
Peter Mark Richman- OL, and I am sending him 3 shots, and copies of each for him to keep. He mentioned to me at TZCon 2006
he had very little OL stuff, so hopefully he will sign my copies and keep his.

Mary Gregory - OL AND TZ shots, one of my more wanted ones.
Mona Houghton - The little girl from FCISOAE and Buck Houghton's daughter. I think I have a good addy for her, and she
would be a great possibility for the next TZCon if it happens.
Nico Minardos - TZ- Doctor from "The Gift".

I have got the bug again, and hopefully I will get something soon from the last batch, and get some of this stuff out going again.

TZ DZ Fan

Ok woodrow, tonight I picked up the batch from my friend, of all of the shots listed above.

They look absolutely great, barring the "Lateness of the Hour Shots" of Mary Gregory. They turned out rather poor, but there ain't much we can do about those. I guess all things considering (its a videotaped ep), then they are OK I suppose.
Noteworthy- Somehow in this last batch- I had duplicates made of both my Mary gregory "Lateness" shots, while the other OL shot is by its lonesome.
Perhaps I will give them to her in trade for signing my shots and returning.

There are a couple shots in the dark here, namely Mona Houghton, Dabney Coleman, and Nico Minardos.
Minardos apparently signs, but has seemed to answer the letter sized stuff as far as I can discern.Hopefully he won't just toss my huge envelope.
Have you ever tried Dabney Coleman????? - He doesn't appear to be a very dependable signer, but I wanted to take a chance on some OL stuff of him. I need a bit of luck and a good letter I suppose.

This was a smooth $77 for the 8x10s and a roll of stamps this time. (from Costco)

Thing is I need a bigger binder for my OL stuff, as its jammed full now to the point where I need a big one.

Now the question is, when are you going to bag my stuff up and send to me?
On top of that, DrM is dragging his feet too, and he has a TON OF SHITE to send me, and stuff for you too by the way.

I was hoping he would get that William Windom, but for some reason he isn't responding..... unless he has and DrM is being mum about this.

I also got your email woodrow, and I will see what I can do one night this coming week on some AHP grabs. I have an additional night off from playing poker.

Did you ever send to Brubaker? More importantly, did you send to Pat Hitchcock, and include a copy of my AHP mini-collage sent you???? Too bad Hazel Court passed before we could get the stuff to her, now that was a good shot of the two of them together, and would have been nice to have double signed.

TZ DZ Fan