Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:11 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Just in case any of you here did NOT know, myself and DrMoreau have our own website up, and it includes the majority of all Outer Limits items we have gotten signed over the last couple of years.

Here is a link ...............

http://freewebs.com/oltribute/

There is alot of content there, as far as autographed material anyway. I personally have accumulated over 100 signed 8x10's and other "goodies", and most of what I have is there on display, along with several "posters" that DrM created, and a few other special 8x10's.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:32 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Speaking of "Special 8x10's" here is TZ DZ's prized Outer Limits mini-poster. I had 5 more signatures added at the 50th Anniversary Convention: Bruce Dern, Sally Kellerman, Jacquelyn Scott, Nancy Malone, and Michael Forest. All in all, there is a total of 18 Signatures on this bad boy. Reading left to right:

Bruce Dern, Michael Forest, Ed Nelson, James Hong, Vera Miles, Robert Culp, Ed Asner, Joan Freeman, Nancy Malone, Arlene Martel, Jason Wingreen, Jacqueline Scott, Dewey Martin, Gail Kobe, Barbara Rush, Henry Silva, Warren Stevens, and Sally Kellerman.

Everyone at the show who signed it was most impressed, but perhaps the most commented on was: Bruce Dern. His eyes instantly fell upon (1) signature - Vera Miles. "Oh my god," he quipped. "Do you realize that you have nearly 65 years of Cinema history here?"

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
I count 19 here Dr.M: who is the one to the left of Dewey Martin? Kinda light and cannot make it out...awesome poster though!

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:52 pm 

Barbara Rush.

Nancy Malone signed it and printed her name beneath, that's why it looks like 19. ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
That is cool! What a great collectible!

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
That is cool! What a great collectible!

The story on that thing is a good one.

It started off as kind of a "whim". I got DrM to reverse the polarity of a black image, and add the narration, then lighten it up a bit.
Got it printed as an 8x10 glossy at my trusty CostCo, and then began sending it out TTM with other items.

I would figure I have less than $15 total invested, the majority of that is stamps and envelopes when sending it out.
The first person I sent it to I believe was Ed Nelson, and then it went from there.
Barbara Rush signed it in ballpoint pen, but it doesn't really bother me at all. In fact, it adds a bit of character, instead of everyone signing the same way, in my opinion.

As woodrow mulligan can attest, the waiting and "worrying" about it in the mail,(and similar items) is the tough part.
I am stoked, because it still seems as though there is room for maybe 1 more sig on it. I still hold out hope I can nail Shatner, Nimoy, or maybe Russell Johnson on it. You know, one more "big" name.

But one thing is for damn certain,once I get it back from DrMoreau, it will NOT be going out anymore randomly. Its just too much of a "liability" at this point. To lose it now would really be a disaster.
The real beauty of it is, anyone can still get something like this going. Almost ALL of the ones on it, will sign FREE through the mail.
I will again thank DrM though, as bringing it to a convention or 2, enabled me to get several, all at once without the trouble of sending and waiting.

The feeling you get, when you pull something like this out for actors to sign, is a special one indeed.
Many are essentially in "awe", especially once it gets that many sigs, of people they know and worked with over the years. Often they are "honored" to be asked to sign it, and many won't charge.
Although I can't say for sure how DrMoreau felt, I liken it to when I got the Midnight Sun Posters signed in 2006 at the convention in NJ. Lois Nettleton was almost speechless, and Tom Reese essentially agreed to give me anything and sign any shot for free, if he could get a copy.
Although it took awhile, Mr. Reese eventually got his copy, but sadly Lois Nettleton never did before her passing.

I have seen several such "multi-signed" TZ items, but NEVER anything OL themed such as this.
It is truly one-of-a-kind, and its hard to put a value on it really.

DrM could really get something awesome going like this, especially with his talents.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 pm 

As of April 2, 2011

Added:

Martin Landau
Michael Constantine

Unread postPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 am 

As of May 1, 2011

Unfortunately I was out of town, but I had my "would-be" son-in-law acquire Adam West for TZ DZ Fan.
He accidentally also acquired Julie Newmar - not in the series - but not being a TOL person himself, no fault for being extra careful.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

She was in Twilight Zone so.......................close enough! :ROTF: