Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:24 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
OK, this is one of my all time favorite shows. I remember watching it as a kid and just loved all the stories and the fact that they were little. I have always been fascinated by the little people stories in "Giant" lands, ie, The Borrowers, etc.
The only way to watch this show right now is to buy the recently released DVD's. I keep checking EBAY to see if I can get a reduced price, but no luck as of yet. :cry: ahh....someday.

This was a creation of the late great Irwin Allen:
In 1983, a sub-orbital flight from Los Angeles to London is caught in a space warp and crash lands on an planet much like earth. However, the inhabitants and plant life are twelve times larger than normal and their technology is twenty years behind Earth's. Also, the planet is run by a totalitarian government that uses the "little people" as scapegoats and tries to hunt them down in order to use their advanced technology.

Although it only lasted two seasons it has become a cult classic. It also had all the great actors of the day guesting on it, much of the same ones who appeared in "The Twilight Zone"., "Outer Limits", "The Fugitive" and other loved series of the day (certainly three of my favorites right there too).

Anyone else love this show like me?
:clap:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:25 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Grrrh - Deanna Lund
HAWT!

Here is the intro Teaser for you, Woodrow ;)

Link

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:12 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

I remember when this series was shown on Sci-Fi a few years ago, but I have to admit I never watched an episode. I know the box set is available for a relatively fair price...maybe I'll rent a disk or two and check it out. Wish I could add more to the conversation...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:41 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
There was another opening credit intro that was Da Bomb. :clap: The Intro was much better than the series I'm afraid. Kurt Kazner's imitation Dr. Smith's Character from Lost in Space was hugely annoying. :x I wonder why both of them weren't killed off each week along with Gilligan on their respective programs for frustrating every rescue effort and putting lives and property in danger each week. :twisted: I was only a kid when these programs came out but I would have waited until these imbecilles fell asleep and put them out of their misery forever. :wtf:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

"i need your help, not your criticism."

i love this show. got totally addicted to it one summer.
my favorite part of the show was when someone got captured by the giants and had to be rescued. it must have been fun acting with those giant objects.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm 
The General
The General

I just love this show too, cheese and all. I need to get the DVD set on this......

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:24 pm 
I liked the first episode a lot and thought the design of the "Spindrift" was wonderful (I have the model kit), but found the majority of the episodes to be dull and repetitive.

Similarly, LOST IN SPACE had wonderful early episodes but soon became increasingly silly (currently, I'm struggling trying to get through Season 2 on DVD. "Oh, the pain . . . the pain . . . ").

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:06 pm 
The General
The General

Oh yeah early b/w Lost in Space are lots of fun, but then the color ones did tend to kind of drag on a bit for me too.....
"Be quiet you bubble headed booby!"

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Mr Trent wrote:
I liked the first episode a lot and thought the design of the "Spindrift" was wonderful (I have the model kit), but found the majority of the episodes to be dull and repetitive.

I can relate to this; I watched all the first season episodes a couple of years ago but got burned out, probably for the reasons as described above. So, I still haven't watched any of the 2nd season episodes. The DVD set is pretty cool - this was rarely matched in creativity by other DVD sets: Image
That's my poor deceased cat checking out the captured crew and passengers of the Spindrift as they're locked up with the DVDs.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Neutral
It's a good program, but I think there were difficulties trying to create more stories given a setting that did not allow for much of that.