Zer0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:06 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be

Episode: 1

Original Air Date: January 13, 1991
Cast: Ben Cross , Barbara Blackburn, Joanna Going, Lysette Anthony, Michael T. Weiss, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Roy Thinnes, Barbara Steele, and Jean Simmons
Writer: Hall Powell, Bill Taub, Steve Feke, and Dan Curtis {Based on a story by Hall Powell and Bill Taub}
Director: Dan Curtis

Journey back to Collinwood in dreary Collins Port, Maine. An old community dating way back in America's colonial history, founded by the Collins family, who still inhabit the old estate. Although the names and have changed, some players - Barnabas Collins - have haunted the grounds for over 300 years. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Welcome to Collinwood and meet the family - past and present.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 pm 

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Seeing Bobby's avatar really made me want to post this. I dearly loved the old Soap Opera that ran from 1966 to 71 and really enjoyed this rehashing and condensing of the saga. Of course, we have the added bonus of Jean Simmons and Barbara Steele on board - and the eye candy of Lysette Anthony and Joanna Going.

I've argued with the purists before about the original compared to the revival. What can you say to a 20 year separation. I could never get my wife to re-watch the old Soaps but got her hooked on the revival when it 1st aired and later on DVD.

For those unfamiliar with Dark Shadow, sit back and turn down the lights. This is the pilot episode where whether you remember the old soap or not, you get introduced to the Collin's Family. Although very early 90's, it still holds true to Dan Curtis' original concept.

8!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:54 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

i've watched it to some degree since it has been on CHILLER recently.
i can watch it. i just watch it to see how it is, i haven't "gotten into it". i'm not saying it's bad, but i'm certaintly not saying it's good either. i'm one of those purists you mentioned earlier. i loved the soap opera..i love it so much that i did go to the convention back in 2001 at the World Trade Centre MARRIOT less than a month before the towers came down. i went to a DS convention but never have gone to a TWILIGHT ZONE con??? so that should illustrate my passion for DS.

let me give the 1991 series this much credit..i am the ONLY person i know that loves the movie GREASE II. i tell people to watch and judge it for it's own merits and don't compare it to GREASE. if you compare it, you won't like it, but if you keep them seperatley in your head, you might enjoy it...maybe if us DS purists did that, we might enjoy the 1991 seires more...but it's hard..very hard.

http://www.aiwfenergy.com