Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:27 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Seasons always tend to end of on cliffhangers. Now though this wasn't a typical cliffhanger, it did feel like it just finished like "in the middle". It's just left there, to marinate, for the next 6 months or so. Yes, I would've liked for some things to go a certain way, but I was fine with its pace and content. Can't have crazy, intense balls to the wall finales all the time. It was rather somber actually.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Mean
I don't think it was the best episode of the season/series. That probably goes to the episode where the find the guy that originally saved Rick way back in episode 1 and show how he has survived and changed since then.

Spoiler

The thing with Karl in this episode was kind of interesting. He's taken a turn that has put him closer to being a governor type than like his own father or anyone in the group. I think it may be interesting to see if there is any redeeming of him or if he continues down the path as he learns to survive in the world the way it is now.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
alsunday wrote:
I don't think it was the best episode of the season/series. That probably goes to the episode where the find the guy that originally saved Rick way back in episode 1 and show how he has survived and changed since then.

That would be one Lennie James.
He is the f@%king man~! His character in "Jericho" is a great one..... and on that note you should check that out if you haven't given it a proper run through.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yes that was my favorite episode of the season as well. I also enjoyed the next to last episode this season.

Lennie James is awesome.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

So do you guys think any characters survive on this show by the end? And if they do, do they actually kill all of the zombies and cure those who haven't turned yet, or do you see a more open, somber ending for this series happening?

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Some problems with the season finale:

Spoiler

Andrea delays and spends too much time talking.

I didn't see the "slaughter" that caused the Governor's armed party to flee the prison.

And I don't understand what happened to the story line about looking for larger communities of survivors or one where a cure was being sought (like the episode about the lab in Atlanta). Maybe they just gave up investigating cities or large, populated areas.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

anton wrote:
Some problems with the season finale:

Spoiler

Andrea delays and spends too much time talking.

I didn't see the "slaughter" that caused the Governor's armed party to flee the prison.

And I don't understand what happened to the story line about looking for larger communities of survivors or one where a cure was being sought (like the episode about the lab in Atlanta). Maybe they just gave up investigating cities or large, populated areas.

Those were the same two items I found unsettling with the finale as well.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 pm 

Link

The Walking Dead returns Sunday October 13th~!
The above clip was released about a week ago, and it looks pretty damn good as usual.

As an interesting note, I do occasionally play a number of games online here and there.
Earlier this evening I played with a woman who said she lives very VERY close to a current filming location.

She said that she has met pretty much all of the main cast, and most are pretty friendly etc.
She also mentioned they all sign autographs, and are generally fan friendly.

She did say that while she won't give away any spoilers, the new season will be unbelievably good.
Figured I'd pass that along to my PTE bros. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:28 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

I actually stumbled across a shooting of the Walking Dead here in Atlanta about 2 years ago. They blocked off a side street and when I came back to take some pictures they all broke for lunch and were ALL gone. Except for police officers. :oops:

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 pm 

No thoughts on the season opener of Walking Dead???

I thought it was decent, not quite the firecracker I was expecting, but pretty good none the less.

I have a few gripes and issues I may vent on later, but mostly its minor things, and I'm glad its back on.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I don't ever expect a season opener to be "guns blazin'". So I enjoyed it for what it was -- re-introducing us to the characters and their situation, what they've been up to since last season, and who the newbies are in the camp. I'm intrigued by the potential plague in the camp (as noted with the pig and the kid at the end of the episode). Definitely glad it's back on.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I'm hearing the first two seasons were better but from others that it's better now. So which opinion do you guys fall under. Better episodes in the past or present or equally good throughout?

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:46 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I'm a fan of the first 2 seasons, but I tend to enjoy things when they start out. First season was awesome especially because it was compact into 6 episodes. But I love the whole show and always enjoy each week.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:00 pm 

Anthony wrote:
I'm hearing the first two seasons were better but from others that it's better now. So which opinion do you guys fall under. Better episodes in the past or present or equally good throughout?

I believe many of the "early fans" tend to over romanticize it, but thats most likely because it was so unique at the time. Still is compared to many shows today.

I admit the newness of the show has worn off in that sense, but I am still just as fond of it as I was in the beginning.

My one worry, is they seem Hell bent on killing off major characters every so often, and I feel 1-2 more is coming this season.
I know a lot of shows seem to do this to help add "shock factor" and keep people watching, but its never been a trend that I personally cared for. I just don't think its needed.
Now I know full well this show is a bit different, with the continuous threat etc... so there is no need in trying to point that out or discuss it much.

There are 1 or 2 characters in this show, that if they get killed off I won't be a happy camper.

I will say that the whole

Spoiler

zombies falling through the roof
bit in an earlier episode was a bit hokey, but that's a minor issue.
The above ^^ isn't really a spoiler, but I put it there for those that haven't seen the episode yet.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Eh, maybe hokey, but I really liked it. It was a f@%ked up situation. Of course, "why didn't it happen earlier?" is a realistic question, but they and to show something outrageous. Now episode two within the jail, now that was chaotic. I'm intrigued by the burned bodies...

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 am 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Eh, maybe hokey, but I really liked it. I'm intrigued by the burned bodies...

I didn't really hate it, but I just didn't think it was anywhere near realistic.

Spoiler

Why would the roof just HAPPEN to start giving way at this precise time...??? Any why would it happen to a store that was in decent shape and fully stocked? Not too much time has passed since the zombies first really appeared, certainly not enough for anything like that to happen.
I don't remember there being anything apparent on that rooftop that should cause this to happen, though I admit I may have missed it during the original watching of the episode.

Anyway, it really wasn't anything that I thought was an episode killer. No biggie.

As far as the bodies, I think I know exactly who did that.
In fact I told board member Alsunday before the season even started, that I wasn't happy with this seasons trailer, because it looked like I could piece together a few things including the death of a "major" character. One of those "things" seems to be someone who is causing trouble in the group. (and I believe this person to be involved in the "rat-feeding issue", and also the "burned bodies")
I could of course be wrong, but it just seems to stand out like a sore thumb to me.

If someone was seriously interested in who I think it is, I could tell them I suppose, but I would never post anything like that here.
I'm overly anal about spoilers. :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:23 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

wasn't there a helicopter on the roof??

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:33 pm 

adamgrant wrote:
wasn't there a helicopter on the roof??

There may have been. To be honest I don't recall seeing one though.

I don't remember anything standing out at the time and at some point I am sure I will go back and re watch the episode.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:38 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Well I heard it was better before because Frank Darabont left during the second season filming or was he fired by AMC?

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:11 pm 

Anthony wrote:
Well I heard it was better before because Frank Darabont left during the second season filming or was he fired by AMC?

All that "showrunner departing" and creative force shakeups news stories were generally panic from people who loved the show.
(though they did go through multiple showrunners) Never in my life have I heard any bitching or worry about this in the past.

I haven't noticed any real deterioration in the quality of the show, so most of that was just bullshit in the media.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:48 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Anybody see this yet? I thought it was pretty funny:

Link

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:52 am 

There hasn't been many comments this season.
I thought it was excellent, barring a few minor nit picks the first episode or two, and even then it was pretty miniscule.

I'm guessing the lack of comments means that several here haven't seen the whole season yet, or some haven't anyway.

I do know alsunday watches it intently every night it airs, but I typically catch it the next day online.

I also know Lazy is a fan, but I haven't heard much from him or any of the other fans here on board.
DrM has been eerily silent recently, but that may be because of work and not being caught up on it yet.

I'm pretty stoked and really looking forward to the beginning the next season. (or last half of this season) That is another matter.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:54 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I watched weekly always anticipating each episode. Overall I thought this half of the season was pretty damn good, with a little slowness here and there but overall I enjoyed it, even a little more than some of last season. The mid-season finale was great. I wanted to see more, but that's always the case. Glad they didn't bring the governor back right away because I was just tired of that storyline. I'm curious about that virus though - was that just a storyline for this first half? Is it over now? Looking forward to seeing the multiple directions this could go in.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:40 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
The mid-season finale was great. I wanted to see more, but that's always the case. Glad they didn't bring the governor back right away because I was just tired of that storyline.

I personally was getting tired of the Governor.
I won't get into how that whole Governor scenario was tied up so as to avoid spoilers, but I did think it was dragged out a bit too long.
There were so many times he could have been quickly shot and killed (and then wasn't) or dealt with in some fashion, that it was starting to get a bit silly.

I now in most shows of this sort or dramas in general, that you need some type of major "bad guy" in that sense.
But this show is a bit more unique in that the ever-present danger of the zombies is mostly enough of a threat that we don't need a continuing arc like "the governor" was.
Just my opinion though.

Like you, I'm excited that there are so many ways this show can go.
It can't come back on soon enough for me.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:23 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:
The mid-season finale was great. I wanted to see more, but that's always the case. Glad they didn't bring the governor back right away because I was just tired of that storyline.

I personally was getting tired of the Governor.
I won't get into how that whole Governor scenario was tied up so as to avoid spoilers, but I did think it was dragged out a bit too long.
There were so many times he could have been quickly shot and killed (and then wasn't) or dealt with in some fashion, that it was starting to get a bit silly.

I now in most shows of this sort or dramas in general, that you need some type of major "bad guy" in that sense.
But this show is a bit more unique in that the ever-present danger of the zombies is mostly enough of a threat that we don't need a continuing arc like "the governor" was.
Just my opinion though.

Like you, I'm excited that there are so many ways this show can go.
It can't come back on soon enough for me.

TZ DZ Fan

Tough to wait 2 months for another 8 episodes. Well I figure they had to add the Governor, like you said, for a "bad guy" in the series. Honestly, it's tough to have an on-going series be strictly fight against zombies. It ultimately is, but they needed to add other troubles in - the Governor, the virus. I am also extremely thrilled to move on from the Governor storyline though. My favorite seasons were the first two - always on the move, not knowing what will happen or what they will come up against. Once they start settling into a place (i.e. the farm, Woodbury, the prison) it started to slow down a bit. Its popularity of course increased the season size from 6 episodes to 13 to now the current 16. Still a small sample size compared to other television programs but as much as I want more, I think it works better if it were only a 10-12 episode season. Less potential for filler.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Most cable shows are usually 13-16 episodes per season like USA's Psych or White Collar.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:34 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Anthony wrote:
Most cable shows are usually 13-16 episodes per season like USA's Psych or White Collar.

Yep, which can work better than major network shows that air around 22 per season. HBO and Showtime, however, tend to go 10-12 episodes per season. I think if TWD did that, we'd lose some of the filler.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:00 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

According to published reports, and my own sources, a spinoff series is coming in 2015. To be produced by comic creator/current series producer, Kirkman (and others), it will have it's own cast, take place elsewhere than GA and timewise will occur before the zombie plague becomes widespread. The characters will fight to stop the spread of the plague.

I like the current series, but it often gets bogged down in one location (the farm, the prison) which to me limits the possible situations. Hopefully this new series will be more mobile. Given the fantastic ratings, they can certainly afford more sets, locations, et al.

On another note, fired producer Frank Darabont, is suing for his profits, which are "creatively" bookkeeped away by the studio and network suits. Good luck; this is 100% of industry practice and few have ever seen their own money. Writers (he wrote the 1st ep) need to get more money up front since backend payments (called "points") are a legal fiction. This may mean another long strike but it's also a long time coming. Either honest accounting or more money up front, gang--a LOT more money up front.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:46 pm 

On the note above ^^ about a spinoff series, I can't say I am overly enthused.
But that is more of a personal preference, as generally I don't like "prequels" or "what happened before stories".

Rather than put in a lot of effort on a new series (that generally are done to try and make money off of the original idea, to be honest) I would much rather them prolong a good series by 1-2 seasons.
Many of you may not agree with me on this, but thats how I see it.
That aside, I will most likely watch it, because the majority of TV now is a bunch of shite to put it mildly.

Anyhow, I think this season has been pretty much a blockbuster as far as I'm concerned.
The only real episode I didn't care for is "Still". It was fair, just not as strong as the others in my opinion.

The upcoming Sunday night episode will be the last for some time, and the season finale.
The good news is, its been green-lighted for yet another season. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:36 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I agree, this season has been pretty awesome. For me, it's because they were back on the move. I was getting tired of the static nature of things. Can't wait for the finale but hate to have to wait 6 months before it returns.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:36 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
beware the spinoff.....

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:20 pm 

Not necessarily a spinoff, but apparently SYFY is not getting into the "zombie business".

Can't say I'm overly enthused.
Like I told fellow board member Alsunday, this one has boom or bust written all over it.
And I'm betting its all bust.

I also can't believe this hasn't been reported here yet either.

Z NATION -

In April, Syfy announced that it was getting into the zombie business with Z Nation, a new drama from former Eureka producer Karl Schaefer. Slated to premiere this fall, the series has a 13-episode order and begins three years after a zombie virus wipes out much of the country's population (as those things tend to do). It follow a team of regular dudes as they transport the only known survivor of the virus from New York to California, where a viral lab is waiting to hopefully create a vaccine from his blood. But it's 2014 and no TV premise can be that simple, so the guy has SECRETS that threaten all of humankind. Um, worse than a zombie apocalypse? I feel like that's pretty tough to beat. Unless he's the guy who started the zombie apocalypse? Place your bets now!

Anyway, Syfy has just announced the cast of Z Nation, and you'll probably recognize a lot of faces! Lost's Harold Perrineau stars as Hammond, the leader of the group that's headed west; Tom Everett Scott (Southland) will play his second-in-command Garnett; and DJ Qualls (Supernatural's Garth, Legit's Billy) is Citizen Z, a computer-hacker who helps the team navigate the zombie-infested lands of, like, Kansas or something. So he's playing exactly the type of guy you'd expect him to play. Rounding out the cast are Michael Welch (Twilight) and Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show) as Mack and Addy, respectively, as two "disparate wanderers" whose only goal is to survive.

Link here - http://www.tv.com/news/z-nation-syfy-ha ... 319539665/

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:14 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

SYFY and zombies dont mix.... they never have and they never will. They always use b-listers or washed up celebs to draw in the crowds but the zombies and makeup always freakin suck ass. Ive hated every single attempt they have made when these two mix. The zombies always run around like assholes and are not scary.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:29 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
SYFY and zombies dont mix.... they never have and they never will. They always use b-listers or washed up celebs to draw in the crowds but the zombies and makeup always freakin suck ass. Ive hated every single attempt they have made when these two mix. The zombies always run around like assholes and are not scary.

I am assuming you mean "SYFY" the channel.....not sci-fi in general.

What you are saying is pretty much true, and I know you are a bigger fan of zombie-ish entertainment than I am.(and more knowledgeable)
Walking Dead which you haven't seen yet though, :~} isn't necessarily overly scary, its more the "threat", and to be honest it works damn well.
Don't be fooled like most old school hardcore undead fans are , simply because its become mainstream and popular. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, its excellent and very well done.
This is one of a very few cases where a newer version of old ideas is captivating and extremely worthy of watching.

This new "Z Nation" project will most likely be a bust and I'm accepting that right up front.
But I will most likely give it a chance since its so damn little decent sci-fi on TV nowadays or anything entertaining to me.

P.S. bitch, check this thread-------> viewtopic.php?f=38&p=55587#p55587

Read the last few posts, you have been called out. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:50 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

just a heads up for those interested..
tonight at 10pm there will be a behind the scenes "inside the walking dead" documentary

also, next week there will be another documentary on "walker academy" where they show extras becoming (or not) walkers on the show

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:20 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

adamgrant wrote:
just a heads up for those interested..
tonight at 10pm there will be a behind the scenes "inside the walking dead" documentary

also, next week there will be another documentary on "walker academy" where they show extras becoming (or not) walkers on the show

Cool thanks for the update Adam!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:29 pm 

I also noticed last night, there has been another episode of "Talking Dead", for those that watch.

This one is billed as a "season 5 preview" and has Scott M. Gimple and Aisha Tyler as guests.

I don't watch many of these, but near seasons end (and beginning) I tend to watch one here and there.
This one must have some teasers for the upcoming season, so I may watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Links here if interested. ----> http://videobull.to/talking-dead-season ... special-2/

There are 92 links if you scroll down that page.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

I am assuming you mean "SYFY" the channel.....

What you are saying is pretty much true, and I know you are a bigger fan of zombie-ish entertainment than I am.(and more knowledgeable)
Walking Dead which you haven't seen yet though, :~}
P.S. bitch, check this thread-------> http://pteforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&p=55587#p55587

Read the last few posts, you have been called out. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

SYFY channel sucks period with or without zombies. But now that you mention it sci fi and zombies dont mix either. I HAVE watched The Walking dead but I just dont follow and obsess over it on a weekly basis like the majority of Americans do. I will wait for the entire series to finish before I really sit down and watch it again. It is a quality show and the best representation of how the zombies should look and act. Greg Nicotero and his dedication and loyalty to Romero as well as passion can be thanked for that.

But its still just a freakin soap opera with zombies. :P
If Im a "zombie purist" you can understand how revolted I feel sometimes that zombies are a part of pop culture. zombie walks...zombie romantic comedy... :roll: tv commercials...endless books and comics....video games....merchandise .....#1 rated TV shows.... :wtf: It went from underground (literally?) to trendy mainstream horse shite. Instead of embracing it... I pretty much have contemp for this new sub culture. tI dont even like talking about it really.

So hey ... The Zombie made it to the big time. good for him. Hes an A lister. A celebrity. But he sold out and went corporate. Now in my eyes the living dead are trendy douches. Now somebody please shoot me (in the head) By the way DEAD THINGS DONT RUN. nuff said

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:

SYFY channel sucks period with or without zombies.

I don't agree, ................
What may have been a better or more accurate saying, is "SYFY channel sucks with the majority of their content".
Their made for TV movies are complete garbage, but the new shows "Defiance" and "Dominion" are pretty damn good.
Especially "Defiance" as far as I'm concerned.

Now, on that note........ look down to the next post.

For the WD fans, a new trailer has been released at the recent comic con within the last 24 hours.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 pm 

XXX-Video removed-XXX

Within the last 24 hours, this little jewel has come out of Comic Con.
I can't wait..........

QUICK EDIT- Most if not all except the "official" Walking dead trailers have been yanked off youtube within the last 24 hours.
There are a few there, but they are altered so as to increase the chances of them staying up.
If you are interested, a quick youtube search should result in a trailer you can see.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:43 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My brother texted me the trailer - definitely looks exciting! Less than 3 months away!!!

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

It had to happen.

MYTV, a syndication outfit akin to ION TV and owned by Fox, will begin reruns of The Walking Dead next month. MYTV is on broadcast television, so the level of censorship is humorous to contemplate. If anyone saw A&E's scissor-fest on reruns of HBO's The Sopranos and the newly PG-rated tongued Tony and pals, imagine the extra commercials that can be inserted once all those nasty arrows through eyeballs and gunning down children are missing. Another feeble attempt of broadcast TV suits to make money as their antique medium dies a slow death from the blue noses.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:22 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

JonnyDuffy wrote:
It had to happen.

MYTV, a syndication outfit akin to ION TV and owned by Fox, will begin reruns of The Walking Dead next month. MYTV is on broadcast television, so the level of censorship is humorous to contemplate. If anyone saw A&E's scissor-fest on reruns of HBO's The Sopranos and the newly PG-rated tongued Tony and pals, imagine the extra commercials that can be inserted once all those nasty arrows through eyeballs and gunning down children are missing. Another feeble attempt of broadcast TV suits to make money as their antique medium dies a slow death from the blue noses.

It's surprising those networks can exist in a time where DVR, Blu-Ray/DVDs and live streaming are all the rage.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:45 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Well, LazyBoy, they represent the older, more conservative (certainly less tech savvy) section of the public. Many people don't care if lips flap as long as no "bad words" come out. Thirty years ago, comic books more or less grew up. If conservatives realized what was happening then and since, a new Dr. Wortham would come along. Change comes slowly when mega bucks are at stake. Elon Musk and other new uber rich are going the other way, weaned on comics and science fiction, making their own space programs, etc. Someday soon, a young billionaire will buy one of the big three broadcast networks and finally point out to the FCC what "community standards" really are in the internet age where anyone can watch Deep Throat regardless of their age and can hardly type a sentence without "swear" words regardless of their mood or topic.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

SYFY channel sucks period with or without zombies.

I don't agree, ................

TZ DZ fan

ya i guess ur right... they can fall back on shark fodder

Sharknado 2...Sharktapous vs pteracuda...Swamp shark...ghost shark...

as far as syfy tv shows.. Illl take ur word for it.. i wont take seriously. Ill assume theres a girl with big tits and an alien species. But I will give your titles a viewing

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:53 pm 

The trailer has just been released.

Z NATION-

Link

Guess we shall see how this one turns out.
When Someone wants to start a new thread for this show, we can relocate all pertinent info there at that time.
For now, this seems like the best place.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:31 am 

Not only is The Walking Dead quickly approaching (I believe the show cranks back up next month) but the above listed show "Z Nation" begins this Friday night.

For what its worth, it is being heavily promoted as "NOT Walking Dead", and supposedly is a bit edgier , including more scares etc. etc.

I suppose I will give this one a crack.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I may give it a shot too if I remember. Can't wait for TWD!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 pm 

This episode this week (the season opener), was f@%king amazing~!

I won't go into the details for fear of spoilers unless someone responds, but it was unbelievable.

The only thing I didn't much care for was some grisly scenes early on, but otherwise it was brilliant.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:45 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
This episode this week (the season opener), was f@%king amazing~!

I won't go into the details for fear of spoilers unless someone responds, but it was unbelievable.

The only thing I didn't much care for was some grisly scenes early on, but otherwise it was brilliant.

TZ DZ fan

Totally agree. Probably my favorite opener of the series besides the pilot. Not sure what you're referring to as 'grisly scenes', but if you mean 'the trough scene' I disagree - that scene amped this episode up for me to "great status". So messed up and disturbing. Got to love the small clip at the very end AFTER they show clips from next week's episode. I'm hooked - no patience for next week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next