Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Totally agree. Probably my favorite opener of the series besides the pilot. Not sure what you're referring to as 'grisly scenes', but if you mean 'the trough scene' I disagree - that scene amped this episode up for me to "great status". So messed up and disturbing. Got to love the small clip at the very end AFTER they show clips from next week's episode. I'm hooked - no patience for next week.

In general, I don't much care for season openers, since they just seem to generate hype for future episodes, but this one was a blockbuster.
So many excellent bits and pieces its hard to go through them all.

On another note- I missed last nights episode. I was taking part in some poker related activities, and had planned on watching it when I got home.
I watched "Homeland" instead, and saved "Walking Dead" for tonight!

Can't wait bitches~!

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:22 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Totally agree. Probably my favorite opener of the series besides the pilot. Not sure what you're referring to as 'grisly scenes', but if you mean 'the trough scene' I disagree - that scene amped this episode up for me to "great status". So messed up and disturbing. Got to love the small clip at the very end AFTER they show clips from next week's episode. I'm hooked - no patience for next week.

In general, I don't much care for season openers, since they just seem to generate hype for future episodes, but this one was a blockbuster.
So many excellent bits and pieces its hard to go through them all.

On another note- I missed last nights episode. I was taking part in some poker related activities, and had planned on watching it when I got home.
I watched "Homeland" instead, and saved "Walking Dead" for tonight!

Can't wait bitches~!

TZ DZ fan

Solid episode, but the end makes you want to see the next episode.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:31 pm 

Its over for a couple of months now.

Some of these story lines piss me off a bit.
This shite about

Spoiler

chasing after a character for quite a number of episodes only to have them ultimately die is a bit of a buzzkill.

This is AT LEAST the second time this type of arc has went on for multiple episodes, if not the better part of a season.
Seriously, whats the point?

I mean I know execs like to switch things up, and

Spoiler

have some characters die off, and introduce new ones.

But it doesn't always have to be the way to go.

Regardless of my little gripes and bitching, this is still quite possibly one of the best 2-3 shows on TV today, if not the best.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:50 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Mean
I really enjoyed it. I do think its one of the better shows airing right now.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:26 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I was stunned by the Fall finale - which is their point, to stun and shock and want more. I still want to know more about Morgan's journey and what may transpire. I love Lennie James!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:10 am 

Link

I agree with Lazy.
He has known about my fondness for Lennie James as a great actor, all the way back to "Jericho".
His character here is every bit as interesting.

The above trailer doesn't give away much, and I expect them to reveal more, little by little right up to the return next month.

I have stayed away from most spoiler type articles, but I know there are rumors of "massive changes" in the last half of the season.
That pretty much makes sense, since I figure they will be setting the stage (in some fashion???) for the spin-off which I believe is coming later this year.
I'm sure to give the spin-off a crack, but I'm not nearly as excited about it as I am this show.

And I can't forget about the upcoming space operas and similar sci-fi later in the year.
This could possibly be the best year ever, when it comes to this type of programming.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:24 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Wow....last night's episode.....any thoughts?

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm 

I thought I had written about this season recently, but I suppose if I did, it wasn't in this thread.

This one is failing to lose steam in my opinion.
I don't know what it is, and I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to never disappoint.
True , there are a few episodes here and there that I don't like as much as most, but generally this one has been :sparkle: GOLD :sparkle: all the way through, and to me is a rare case where it might have even gotten better in certain aspects, as time has went on.

I have to admit I was a bit downtrodden when they came to the new "paradise"??, if you want to call it that.
But as we have all seen and are learning, that too brings its own set of challenges.

I do have some more thoughts on a recent death or two, but I will expand on that more later.
This is one show that I am hoping just keeps going and going and going.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:20 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
I thought I had written about this season recently, but I suppose if I did, it wasn't in this thread.

This one is failing to lose steam in my opinion.
I don't know what it is, and I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to never disappoint.
True , there are a few episodes here and there that I don't like as much as most, but generally this one has been :sparkle: GOLD :sparkle: all the way through, and to me is a rare case where it might have even gotten better in certain aspects, as time has went on.

I have to admit I was a bit downtrodden when they came to the new "paradise"??, if you want to call it that.
But as we have all seen and are learning, that too brings its own set of challenges.

I do have some more thoughts on a recent death or two, but I will expand on that more later.
This is one show that I am hoping just keeps going and going and going.

TZ DZ fan

I know - I agree, was worried about Alexandria, that it would just be another Woodbury, or another Terminus. However, they have somehow figured out a way to keep it intriguing and not make it a carbon copy. I tell ya, this past Sunday's episode was just thrilling all the way through. The zombie attacks were awesome, gruesome, and almost reminiscent of the initial season in the sense of dread. The show was going along where, though the characters were still escaping zombies, they weren't as afraid of them in a sense. Recently, they've been placed in a bit more interesting and dire scenarios.

Spoiler

Noah :cry:

Carol is dark :evil:

Gabriel :twisted: :x

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 pm 

Lazy,I went back in and put the first comment you made in spoiler tags, I hope you don't mind.

I don't particularly like, nor desire to edit anyone's posts, DrMoreau and I tend to be on the same wavelength on that one.

Anyway, the reason I even thought about it, is because there are AT LEAST two members here that occasionally post, that have stated they will watch this sooner or later. (our boy SVB is one, Anthony is another, though he hasn't been here in a while) Rorshach has also begrudgingly admitted that sooner or later he "guesses" he will give it a chance.
So especially for SVB who is a real zombie fan, I figured that one tidbit be put in spoilers since I know he will take the plunge at some point. He also reads this thread too, which gladly, we have avoided spoilers for the most part.

ON THAT NOTE- If anyone here happens to have issue with me on editing posts, let me know or contact me through PM if you would rather.

I doubt this is an issue, since I know of all the years here I can essentially count on one hand the time I have actually had to edit a post.

Regardless, I do have some more thoughts on this past episode. I will likely get to them more in depth later.
But one thing I don't particularly care for is the real need in killing off of major characters.
True I know they have to stress the severe danger and always make it a threat, but in particular this last episode, the group seemed to "be a bit sloppy" in their activities.
Also- something crazy just "always seems" to happen. I won't name it specifically, but the incidents in the warehouse leading up to the loss of a few people are primarily what I'm referring to.

I stand by my earlier statements, this is one show that I never want to end. But we all know the end is coming, and I personally believe its going to be sooner rather than later.
I have bobbed and weaved online and avoided spoilers extremely well regarding this show.... but from the vague hints I have gathered, I get the feeling this one will end soon.
The end of this season might just be the end of the line too, but I won't get into it just yet.

I do know there is at least one member here who is occasionally active, that "mostly" knows the future of this show. (Alsunday)
If he sees this, and knows when the end is coming............ hopefully he keeps quiet about it. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:19 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Not a problem with the edit.

Spoiler

I didn't feel like the group was too sloppy in the sense of group = Glenn/Noah/Eugene/Tara. Add Aiden and Nicholas to the group and yes, sloppy indeed. Those pansies don't know shite, and they f@%ked it up for everyone. Aides nails a grenade; Nicholas was the reason for Noah.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:04 pm 

90 minute season finale is coming tomorrow.

I'm very stoked to see this, but with the rumor of a

Spoiler

cliffhanger
type ending, I am keeping my expectations tempered.

The above isn't so much a spoiler, but vaguely touches on how the ending "might" take place.
There are huge hints about a possible major death coming, or at least the possibility of it tomorrow night.
DO NOT Google the show, or you may see more than you want, before watching the finale.

It really sucks we won't get any more of this one for a while.
The spinoff sounds like it could be something worth watching, but I would rather just have more of this.

In other news, word has come out that there are/were plans or at least the possibility of as many as 12 seasons of this show.

:dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:33 pm 

:sparkle: EXCELLENT :sparkle: season finale~!

Many questions answered, some at very long last and have been tinkered with for many episodes and seasons.
Plus there were some red herrings online before the episode aired. Some very close moments for a few characters also.

I won't get into any specific discussion yet, since no one has commented, and there may be someone here who hasn't seen it yet.

I do absolutely recommend seeking out "Talking Dead" and watching it after you watch the finale, if you haven't seen it, or if you missed it.
They have 3 actors there answering questions, and there are some definite hints about next season. (I won't name the actors for fear of spoilers)

One of the more satisfying endings ever for me. Things wrapped up in such a fashion, that if the series were to end (which it won't), I think I would be fine with it, and yet there are many things that could easily be expanded on.

More later.............

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:07 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I agree with you. What an amazing season finale. The final 30 minutes were so gripping and intense. I watched Talking Dead afterwards also. Good stuff.

I'll be checking out the spin-off, "Fear The Walking Dead", this summer; hope it's as good.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:20 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Whens the spinoff start?

I really am looking forward to starting this up again someday. Just a matter of time before series finale. i dont mind waiting. Just refuse to do the weekly thing. watching a complete series in a row truly gives you good perspective overall. If I tried to do the waiting for new season thing Id forget to much shite.

Some people like cars... I like zombies :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Haven't heard a specific date yet, just sometime this summer.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:05 am 

Its time again boys................the original starts back up tonight~!

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:08 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

so glad its back!

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Some really bad zombie films coming out soon. (Mostly bad comedies and romantic horseshite) Its comforting to know the genre can still be taken seriously with TWD....by staying true to the horror/drama aspect.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:10 pm 

It should come as a surprise to no one that watched this last week's episode, that there is a major outcry on the "possible" death of a character central to the series.

I won't go into it specifically, nor do I care to speculate.

Is one of our favorites actually dead?

We shall see Sunday night. :twisted:

This show just never lets up.
Just when it hits a slow episode or two, it comes back better and more captivating than ever in my opinion.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:02 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ,

Even though I haven't been keeping up with the series, (haven't followed the show since the end of season 2) I just happened to catch the scene or character you are referring to because it lead into a movie I was watching on AMC....and wow. Just wow. I almost caved and started watching again...but Im trying hard to wait for the series end to start it as you know :clap: But the last minute of what I am assuming is the latest episode really shocked the hell out of me. Even though it was a potential spoiler for somebody not watching...it is pretty shocking. Lets hope for the best :dance:

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:06 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
TZ,

Even though I haven't been keeping up with the series, (haven't followed the show since the end of season 2) I just happened to catch the scene or character you are referring to because it lead into a movie I was watching on AMC....and wow. Just wow. I almost caved and started watching again...but Im trying hard to wait for the series end to start it as you know :clap: But the last minute of what I am assuming is the latest episode really shocked the hell out of me. Even though it was a potential spoiler for somebody not watching...it is pretty shocking. Lets hope for the best :dance:

You might as well go ahead and start watching again.
Pick up where you left off.

The series has already been greenlighted for yet another season when this one ends. :dance:

Ratings are too strong, week in and week out....which is a good thing.

By the way- the "possible character death" was NOT resolved this past episode.
Instead it was a 90 minute episode that dealt with some backstory concerning a returning character.
I won't get into it any more than to say that, since you aren't exactly up to speed.

As fellow board member Alsunday said "this week's episode was one of the best", and I agree.
It was another rock solid episode.

6 seasons in, and its not letting up.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:10 am 

IT'S BACK!!!!!!

:dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:43 pm 

Sorry to say and sad to report, there is but one week left.
Which is a tidy 90 minute finale. :sparkle:

It has already been renewed for another season (and I believe that goes into 2017) so we don't have to worry about that.

For my money, this season has been one of the best, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down in the slightest.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:36 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

The season finale was excellent. Finally introducing the character as expected - wow, just wow. First I felt completely stressed and tense during the episode, particularly the final 10 minutes. I re-watched that final scene and realized I wasn't merely stressed - I felt terror. I actually felt as if I was one of the group there experiencing what they were. Of course the writers have to leave it off until next season, with the audience just wanting more. 6 months can't come quick enough. I'll stick with Fear The Walking Dead in the meantime, plus Game of Thrones is coming back soon too.

I love this fracking show.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:03 am 

The time is nigh boys.................

THE WALKING DEAD returns this Sunday.
And I for one, cannot wait~!

:twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 pm