Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heroes
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:35 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

My Mood: Indifferent
It's so annoying that they've ended season 2 half way through because of the writers strike, the sooner it comes back on TV the better, next to The Twilight Zone it's 1 of the best shows ever as far as I'm concerned.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:22 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
I know a lot of people who rave about this show. I must confess that I've never sat through an entire episode yet. But, being that season 1 is out on DVD, I have a strong feeling that it will be i my Christmas stocking this year.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:24 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

Go for it DrM you won't be dissapointed :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:45 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
You know both the wife and I loved the first season and waited breathlessly every week for the next episode....that being said....there is something to the sophomore blues........I don't know when they lost me. The 16th Century malarky in Japan or what. I was even loving Kristin Bell and her hot self on it, but I don't know. I keep "checking in" hoping for a turn around, but nothing yet. Very disappointing as it was so good last season. The beginning of this season I thought was going to be even better, but they dropped the ball for me.....
Do you still love it though Rorschach? :(

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:53 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

Hi Woodrow, good to see you here after having seen you on "That Other Joint". The second season did admittedly get off to a slow start but after such a strong 1st season that was understandable, it quickly picked up though, it was good to see great characters like Peter, Hiro and Sylar fleshed out a bit more and by the last episode I was really dissapointed that it ended so early, so in answer to your question, yeah I still love it.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:57 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I was about to post the same thing woodrow.

I heard so many people say how tight it is, and great and all that.
But every single one of those people are disappointed and really bitch about the second season.

I for one have never sat through an entire episode either. In some ways, from what I have seen, it appears to be one of those "created for the masses" type hero shows, and for that reason I don't have much interest. (can you guys follow my thought train?)

Hell I personally would much rather watch The Dead Zone or SG-1.
But admittedly, The Dead Zone has fallen off a bit.

I DO* love the show that follows it now though, Journeyman. Sadly, I think it may be "too smart" of a show, if that makes sense, and I think its going to face cancellation. There was an ep or 2 early in the season that was rather hard to follow, and that may have hurt.
Also the "Heroes" ratings have fallen sharply, and that hasn't helped either. It sucks really, because I think it had great potential.

I might borrow "Heroes" season 1 from a friend, and check it out. I may be surprised.
I also noticed some eye candy on there too woodrow. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:12 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

I do understand what you mean by stuff that's too mainstream and meant to appeal to the masses TZ DZ Fan, I'm the same as you I usually hate stuff like that, and when heroes first came out I was reluctant to see it for that very reason, but eventually i gave it a chance and loved it immediately. There are elements that to it that appeal to everyone universally, but there's also subtle details and homages to the super hero genre in general, that only fans of X-Men etc might pick up, and the charactertisation and story telling are first rate. It's true that the ratings for the 2nd season have gone down, but i think that's just probaly down to the fact it appealed less to the average mindless viewer, but I personally besides the initial slow start found it to be just as good, if you do get to watch it, you'll have to let me know what you think.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 am 
The General
The General

I must say I have gotten a kick out of the use of original "Star Trek" actors! Nice touch.
And, of course, there is eye candy! Tons of them! :lol:
Maybe I will try to catch up again then Rorschach as I am curious how the girl with the bleeding eyes fits into the fold...
and thanks for the welcome too! Nice to see you joining in here as well.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:32 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
I must say I have gotten a kick out of the use of original "Star Trek" actors! Nice touch.
And, of course, there is eye candy! Tons of them! :lol:
Maybe I will try to catch up again then Rorschach as I am curious how the girl with the bleeding eyes fits into the fold...
and thanks for the welcome too! Nice to see you joining in here as well.....

Thankyou to you too, pleasure to be here. On the subject of star trek don't you think it's a funny coincedence that Sylar aka Zachary Quinto is playing the new Spock in new the Star Trek movie.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:34 am 
The General
The General

Yes! And I think he will be great! I am not one for remakes, but they are doing this right it sounds like. i just don't know why they won't bring Shatner on since he wants to so badly. Maybe he will be in it and it's just a publicity stunt as they like to do in Hollywood.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:38 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

Perhaps it's just down to his being killed off in Generations, but they should bring him back.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:09 am 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
i just don't know why they won't bring Shatner on since he wants to so badly.

Its easy here woodrow, and you should already know the reason. Simply put, Shatner is a greedy bastard, who tries to con people into charging them a mere $200 per item when you send him an autograph request through the mail.
Thats one example.

I know that for a fact, as our buddy Andrew even sent me the letter that Shatner's agent sent back, requesting the $200 for signing.
It may be on Andrews website.

Its fairly well known hes a greedy P.O.S. He probably wants a ridiculous amount of $$$ to appear.
I have to agree though that it would be a shame if he didn't weasel his way into the movie.

Cool note to woodrow- Check IMDB for "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men" (2007)
Some of the credited cast - Arlene Martel, Grace Lee Whitney,Jack Donner, and Lawrence Montaigne.

As a fan of the older actors and TZ and Outer Limits alum, I figured you would get a kick out of them still being included/working.
Good for them. :clap:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:26 am 
The General
The General

You can go to Shatner's website and order a Star Trek autographed photo for about $80 and it all goes to charity. I disagree wholeheartedly about this reputation that is put out there about him being greedy. He gives autograph proceeds to three different charities. WHY shouldn't he charge astronomical prices for his signature when everyone else does---hell his TZ cards lately go for over $500!
I have seen the letter on Andrew's site, but he didn't make the rules all the greedy dealers have done that and ruined it for the rest of us who are legit!
He would ask no more for the being in the new movie than Nimoy. I do have a feeling it is publicity and he will be in it, I could be wrong, but hope not.
A lot of people in Hollywood do not like him because he is so successful and they are jealous! Seriously.
All I know is he use to sign for free because I have several ST things he signed for me and he charged me nothing. I also met him on the set of ST VI and he was very nice. I just think he gets a bad rap. :cry:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am 

Well, I am guessing you got your free signed stuff many years ago, especially if it was TTM.
I was always under the assumption that he got worse about those things over the years, and finally said "the Hell with it". And that combined with perhaps your thought train, he knows people are selling his stuff for cash too, so maybe he just got embittered by the whole thing.
I really don't know that much about him, but I have heard many people on SA/ST mention that he is a real jerk in person, thats all.

The last and final thing I read on Shatner, was something on our own "stararchive", and if you look I am sure you can stumble across it.

Somewhere within the last year or so, there was a "small convention" in a hotel, I believe in the midwest. I only think a handful of people were there to sign, with obviously Shatner being the "main attraction".

One of the guys on Stararchive went there in person, as so often many of them do to those type events.
Supposedly he was one of the first 2-3 people in line, and Shatner had his assistant yell out to everyone............"When you come forward, its $40 (or $60 I forget) to have your item signed, and when you approach the table, please do not speak to Mr. Shatner!"
i.e., no dedications, no personalizations, and specifically no questions and talk, just pay your $$$ get your sig, and get away. LOL

I knew he sold stuff for crazy prices on his site, and the $80 range just got you a simple generic headshot. (nothing to do with a movie or show)
I had NO IDEA that he donated anything to charity though. If thats true, then thats admirable.
Either way it still sucks for true collectors like you and me, who would like to have him on some TZ signed stuff. (I don't have him) Image You know me, I am not really too interested on getting him on anything, just to have him, but a TZ signed shot or OL signed shot would be a nice addition to my collection.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:12 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
My thoughts on Heroes:

Season 1 was ridiculously good - and I thought that perhaps it might be a one season show, wondering "How can they top this?"

Well Season 2 I highly anticipated, and like some, was a bit disappointed but not enough to stop watching. It definitely picked up as each week progressed. I think the Japan storyline and the addition of the 'heroes' from Mexico threw me off a bit, not capturing my interest as much as the other storylines (but that happened in the first season regarding Ali Larter's character). In the end, the Japanese storyline made sense and was an interesting connection.

I was also shocked by the shortened season, but that's the strike for ya! I guess since there's no end in sight, the network couldn't simply leave the second season in limbo, but has enough placed into the show that it would continue once the stirke is over, and just start fresh as a new season (3rd season entitled "Villains") -- looking forward to it!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:27 pm 
The General
The General

So they are not doing as they did last year and taking a break over the holidays and resuming in January?
That is what they did last year so the continuity and build up would be better.
This strike sucks I wish they would get it together! :x

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:39 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

The trailer for the new season looks good, can't wait to see it.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

Is anyone watching season 3 at the moment? Quite good so far I think.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:53 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
I have only seen like half an episode, it was ok. I wish this show much more success.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:13 pm 
The General
The General

That's encouraging, I have them on the DVR to watch......I will report back afterwards....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:25 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I caught the first 2 episodes, which were very good. I've been in process of moving so I've missed those that followed, and most likely will miss the remaining ones since everything is still in flux, and now that I am trying to get Verizon FiOS hooked up, it looks like they're booked 'til next month. I'm glad I got a chance to get on here today, but I may be away from the board a little while longer.

Enjoy the rest of the season!

Post subject: Re: Heroes
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:29 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Currently in the middle of season 1....and I am really enjoying this show. SPOILER FREE please but does the show wrap up after the end of season 3? Any plans for a season 4? etc

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:12 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I haven't picked up this show since mid-season 2 so I don't know what's going on with it. I do know that a new season (I guess it's season 4) begins this month.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm 
The General
The General

tonight actually...I was gonna tape it but just forgot about it until I noticed this thread!!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:20 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
NBC’s Heroes to Return as Miniseries in 2015

Cynthia Littleton; Editor-in-chief: TV

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-to- ... 201116954/

NBC is re-engaging the Heroes team, ordering 13 episodes of an event miniseries to air next year with series creator Tim Kring at the helm.

NBC teased the plan to revive the franchise with a promo spot that aired during Saturday’s telecast of Olympics coverage.

The brief spot featured a fade-in on the Heroes logo with the word Reborn added along with “Coming 2015.”

There had been rumors last year that the Peacock was looking to revive the mystery-fantasy drama that aired from 2006 - 2010. Kring is set to exec produce 13 new episodes.

Details of the storyline are being kept under wraps. It’s described as a stand-alone arc. A digital series will bow prior to the TV return to introduce (or perhaps re-introduce) fans to the characters that will be the focus of Reborn.

“The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment prexy Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

The original series starred Zachary Quinto, Hayden Panettiere, Jack Colman, Ali Larter, Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventigmiglia and Greg Grunberg as a motley group of people who slowly realize they have extraordinary powers.

The Heroes promo from Saturday is at the site listed above.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:15 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Well then are they going to resolve the series this time? I hope so.