It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOST
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
SPOILER FREE PLEASE

I am suprised nobody has started a thread based on this hit television show, or maybe the fuel to the fire has burned out over the years but I remember when this was probably the most talked about TV show of the decade.
Well after watching hte first two seasons I am very impressed and find myself hooked. JJ Abrams the creator did a fantastic job setting up characters and plot lines and its just very entertaining. It appears this is the final season, so does anyone have any thoughts or does anyone watch this?

Post subject: Re: LOST
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
I have only seen a bit of this show, I like the show. I am holding out for the last Lost episode, now.

Great assessment of this show, SVB.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 am 
District Post Master
District Post Master

My Mood: Happy
I caught the first season and half the second season but personal circumstances stopped me watching the rest. If I watch it again, I'll have to start from the beginning. It's way too long since I saw the first season.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I have watched this show religiously since the pilot (5+ seasons now). It is a great show.

I have not been posting about it because it is so complex. There are so many storylines and endless possibilities. I have an idea about how it will end but I'm not happy with it. Given the show has been such a mystery, all the questions, the characters that have come and gone...I'm waiting for a Serling-style twist ending (after six years). But, I am losing patience because I want the ending to be bat shite crazy and I think it is going to be very pedestrian.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 am 
District Post Master
District Post Master

My Mood: Happy
I'm hoping it's not a Dallas "It was all a dream" ending. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
I'm with you Whit. I truly hope the ending is very clever -- a TZ twist would be great.

I picked up 'Lost' over 2 years ago when my brother-in-law loaned me the first 3 seasons on DVD. I was immediately hooked, watching 2-3 episodes a night. Once I had to start watching week-to-week like everyone else, I got frustrated fast. I just wanted more!

SVB, MrRSerling -- DVD/Blu-ray is the way to go. You can watch as much as you want as often as you want, and it's all continuous. No long periods of waiting, the storylines and details are fresh in your mind, so you can pick up little things in future seasons that relate to past ones. ABC does replay prior episodes with liner notes which is a positive, but I think watching it from beginning to end at your own pace is well recommended.

Anyway, I still need answers! Tough to wait a week in between each episode.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:12 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I picked up the a used DVD of the first season at some old record shop about a year ago and and loved it then but that was it as far as going any further, until recently when I found all 5 previous seasons on netflix. To say I am addicted is an understatement.
As whit said it is indeed a complex show with mysteries abound, way to many to remember as I find myself viewing an episode with some event and then have that event not be mentioned for a whole season. With a cast of more then 10+ I imagine it is twit for the creators to get everything in order.

Lazy, I would be losing my mind if I had to wait every week for the new episode. Having all of them at my disposal to watch anytime of the day is a blessing haha. I am sure I will be done with the first five seasons by the time this six one is over, so at least I get to look forward to season six being released on dvd or possibly netflix. (fingers crossed)

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:06 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

After watching last night's episode with only a dozen or so left before the show ends, I have to say that I NEED SOME ANSWERS. I am beginning to become frustrated by still not knowing what the island is, the purpose of Dharma, etc.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:25 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
After watching last night's episode with only a dozen or so left before the show ends, I have to say that I NEED SOME ANSWERS. I am beginning to become frustrated by still not knowing what the island is, the purpose of Dharma, etc.

Co-sign.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:26 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

It's over! :cry: A whole evening dedicated to a show -- that's pretty crazy, but I enjoyed every minute of that 4.5 hrs of time (2 hrs recap and interviews, 2.5 hrs series finale). Sad to see it finish, but it was about time we got some answers!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:19 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Remember what this show was about? The hatch, the Dharma Initiative, the lottery numbers that had to be entered every 108 minutes, time travel, the island moving, Walt being kidnapped by the Others, "not Penny's boat", Faraday's journal, the wheel, the infertility, Mr. Eko, the introduction to Dharma video, the pendulum thingy at the University that tracked the location of the island...

..neither did the writers. In my opinion, we got a wrap up of Season Six. The other five seasons? That is the entire damned story, was ignored.

Probably the most disappointing ending to any series I've ever invested time in. I'll never revisit it. I think it was enough to make me quit watching TV shows, period. Primarily those with long story arcs. Anthologies forever!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:54 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Damn - I'm glad I never vested any time in this.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:11 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
whitsbrain wrote:
Probably the most disappointing ending to any series I've ever invested time in. I'll never revisit it. I think it was enough to make me quit watching TV shows, period.

I was going to post about this yesterday, but I figured I would give it a few days to see what you PTE brothers thought of this much-anticipated ending.

I have never, ever sat through an entire episode, and the fleeting glimpses I did see here and there, were largely boring.
(I atribute that to me, not knowing WTF was going on, but anyway......)

I DID** happen to read some others thoughts about it, elsewhere, and across the net, I read and heard almost unanimously the same thing. BULLSHIT ENDING!!!

Now, there had to be some redeeming qualities to the show itself whit, as it went for many seasons, and had a huge following. But as we all agree here, that doesn't necessarily mean a great show.

Any and all plans I ever had for giving this one a chance, might have just went up in smoke.
Not only do I know how it ends, but from my limited knowledge of the show, I have to say it was an extremely lazy and thoughtless ending. (at least from my point of view)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:53 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

It was a great series, though. The problem is that much of what transpired over 6 years was not addressed at show's end. You know why the plane crashes on the island, and they tell you why these people in particular were there, but storylines, as whit mentioned, that come up were not fully explained. So in some sense, the mystery and puzzling nature of this show can be rendered meaningless. However, like the TZ episode 'And When The Sky Was Opened', you may feel like you're left with an unresolved ending without reason. Of course I love that episode so I wasn't disgusted by Lost's finale. I can still talk and postulate on it, rationalize aspects of it, and when it's all said and done, I may be talking in circles and make as much sense as the show ever did LMFAO :ROTF:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/lost- ... ale-15949/

Upcoming DVD sets: Jorge Garcia recently told EOnline’s Kristin Dos Santos, “It will address some of the issues, like the food drops, and it will deal with what happened on the island after Hurley took over and how he handled things… It will give you a taste of what took place after Hurley took over as the new number one. There’s a little epilogue thing going on with the DVD.”

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

They have been showing LOST replays on WB channel and its currently on the Sixth Season. it airs every Sunday at midnight......yes thats correct. Sunday ....at MIDNIGHT.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:17 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I've had some time to potentially cool off about the finale of Lost. And now that I have, I still feel the same way. The first season was absolutely great and that's it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

whitsbrain wrote:
I've had some time to potentially cool off about the finale of Lost. And now that I have, I still feel the same way. The first season was absolutely great and that's it.

Sad...but true. The first season of LOST was incredible and and the chracters worthy of remembering...it basically managed to make people watch for five more seasons even though none of it made any sense half the time.
Basic premise of first season.....people on a plane crash on an island....stranded.....millions tune in and love it. What a great concept.
Slowly but surely as the show goes on it starts to turn into so much more....more non fiction then reality...... so much more complicated and STUPID. One day after viewing the first few seasons I thought to myself...what in the f@%k has happened to this show? It wasnt even enjoyable....

Regular people in a real life situation...Season 1..... then it did go downhill from there. I have yet to see the finale.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:08 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

It turned into just another soap opera. All of the cool elements that made it an awesome Sci-Fi head scratcher slowly disappeared.