Mine:
1. Taxi (aired from 1978 to 1982)
2. Seinfeld ( aired 1990-1998 )
3. The Addams Family ( the 60's series)
4. Scrubs
5. WKRP (also aired from 1978 to 1982)
6. MASH
7. Head Of The Class
8. Third Rock From The Sun ( John Lithgow,et al.)
9. Night Court
10. Soap (1977 - 1981)

ZONE PEACE

What are your??? Thanks in advanced for your replies.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:26 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
There are many that I like, but these shows I can view over and over and not get old:

The Andy Griffith Show
I Love Lucy
The Bob Newhart Show
The Munsters
All in the Family
The Honeymooners
Fawlty Towers
Bewitched (earlier seasons up to about the first year with Dick Sargent)
Boston Legal (yes part drama too, but I laugh my ass off every week!)
The Carol Burnett Show

:lol:

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:51 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

My Mood: Indifferent
Steptoe and Son
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
Red Dwarf

I don't know if Beavis and Butt-Head would count, because it's animated but thats my favourite comedy ever.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:24 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Rorschach wrote:
Steptoe and Son
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
Red Dwarf

I don't know if Beavis and Butt-Head would count, because it's animated but thats my favourite comedy ever.

I read where "Red Dwarf" was absolutely awesome.
I am seriously thinking about checking it out, care to explain/help me out Rorshach?????

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:10 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Steptoe and Son
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
Red Dwarf

I read where "Red Dwarf" was absolutely awesome.
I am seriously thinking about checking it out, care to explain/help me out Rorshach?????

TZ DZ Fan

No problem TZ DZ Fan, Red Dwarf is a British Sci-Fi sitcom, they stopped making it a few years ago, but it's got a huge cult following all around the world. Basically it's about the crew of a giant mining ship (the Red Dwarf of the title) that has been wiped out, save for one crewman Dave Lister, who was in suspended animation at the time. He thaws out to find his only remaining companions are the evolved humanoid cat ancestor of his pet cat, the hologram of his superior officer Arnold J Rimmer, the ships computer and eventually in the later seasons an android, they basically go on adventures in space that are always hilarious mainly due to the great interplay between the characters.

For a better more detailed description about the show check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:03 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Seinfeld is my all-time favorite. I also like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, That 70s Show(earlier seasons - season 1 was my favorite), Scrubs, The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, The Munsters, and All In The Family. I'm sure others will come up once I think more about it.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:35 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Seinfeld is my all-time favorite. I also like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, That 70s Show(earlier seasons - season 1 was my favorite), Scrubs, The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, The Munsters, and All In The Family. I'm sure others will come up once I think more about it.

I like Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I'm just not a big Seinfeld fan for some reason, even though both shows are practially the same, except Curb doesn't use a pre-written script, but rather just story ideas and then they improv the dialogue. I'll probably still end up getting Seinfeld for my dad and watching them with him. I do like the Soup Nazi episode, written by Spike Feresten, who has his own late night show on Fox now. I also like:

Boy Meets World
That '70s Show
That '80s Show
The Simpsons
South Park
Robot Chicken
The Venture Bros.
Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law
Sealab 2021
Family Guy
Reno 911!
Dream On

Anyone remember Dream On? It used to be on HBO. I tried taping some back in the day, but they either didn't come out to well or are lost. Anyone else here used to tape Dream On?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:20 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
I saw a few seasons during the 90's. Damn funny and original. I remember when they tried to run it in syndication but cut the hell out of it and took all th humor out. I think it's out on DVD.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:41 am 

Sanford and Son. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:44 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Sanford and Son. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

That's the American remake of Steptoe and Son, which I have on my list :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:32 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:48 pm 
Phil Silvers Show (Bilko)
The Addams Family
The Munsters
The Fresh Prince of Belair

Phoenix Nights (UK show, probably totally unknown to our American cousins)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:50 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Reading these Favorties lists, I realize I don't watch much TV. Everyone's posts about shows they like really gets me excited about checking newer shows out but I am extremely picky.

Anyway, my favorite sitcoms are: Seinfeld, The Simpsons

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:29 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
I saw a few seasons during the 90's. Damn funny and original. I remember when they tried to run it in syndication but cut the hell out of it and took all th humor out. I think it's out on DVD.

Only the first two seasons. Although, within a few weeks to months, I should be getting the 6th and final season from a couple other collectors, one from VHS sources onto DVD and another set downloaded.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Love your list, I love Seinfeld, and the others you mentioned. Scrubs is seriously a great sitcom, that stills pulls at the heart strings. Its an ironic show, because alot of the cast are so hardcore, like Dr. Cox,The Janitor, Dr. Kelso, Carla, and yet one can love all of them, they all have some hidden depth that one discovers as the shows go on.

You have some similar tastes as me, what do you think of Taxi, and or WKRP?

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:28 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Mr.Z wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Love your list, I love Seinfeld, and the others you mentioned. Scrubs is seriously a great sitcom, that stills pulls at the heart strings. Its an ironic show, because alot of the cast are so hardcore, like Dr. Cox,The Janitor, Dr. Kelso, Carla, and yet one can love all of them, they all have some hidden depth that one discovers as the shows go on.

I used to watch Taxi and WKRP reruns when I was a kid and really enjoyed them. I haven't seen an episode of either show in quite some time. Now that I think about it, I also used to watch and love The Odd Couple and The Jeffersons.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:05 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:

Yeah it is. I managed to find decent, but not great copies of the 6th and final season. Seasons 3, 4 and 5 look great though, because some UK channel called ITV4 reran them a few years back, so there's sets of those floating around online. Seasons 1 and 2 were released commercially, I still gotta watch those.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:09 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Never got much into WKRP. I think that was another one of those shows though where you had the 2 hot chicks where one was kind of the nice girl next door type and the other the hot sexpot type ala Ginger or Mary Ann.

I always thought Taxi was pretty funny, how many years was that on anyway? I heard only the first 3 seasons have been released on DVD.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:15 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

You know what, Robot Chicken is actually more of a sketch comedy/parody comedy series than a traditional sitcom.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Anthony wrote:
Never got much into WKRP. I think that was another one of those shows though where you had the 2 hot chicks where one was kind of the nice girl next door type and the other the hot sexpot type ala Ginger or Mary Ann.

I always thought Taxi was pretty funny, how many years was that on anyway? I heard only the first 3 seasons have been released on DVD.

WKRP was ok to me, I maybe in the minority, yet I kind of liked the NEW WKRP too. WKRP was quirky, with the likes of Johnny Fever: the weird DJ, Venus Flytrap: the smooth DJ, Les, the nerdy reporter, and Herb Tarlac the sleezy salesman. Bailey and Jennifer were similar to the GI babes, I give you that :D.
Bailey reminds me of Sarah Palin, having that racy science professor look. Jen on the other hand was the blonde bombshell who was also smart.

Taxi was on tv from 1978 to 1982 on ABC, and from 1982 - 83 on NBC, running 5 seasons,and I read that the last 2 seasons DVD release dates are TBA.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:25 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

I used to watch Taxi and WKRP reruns when I was a kid and really enjoyed them. I haven't seen an episode of either show in quite some time. Now that I think about it, I also used to watch and love The Odd Couple and The Jeffersons.

I love TOC, Klugman and Randall really worked well as foils. The Jeffersons was a funny show too. I love George, Weezy, Bentley, and the rest of the cast.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Mr.Z wrote:
Anthony wrote:

WKRP was ok to me, I maybe in the minority, yet I kind of liked the NEW WKRP too. WKRP was quirky, with the likes of Johnny Fever: the weird DJ, Venus Flytrap: the smooth DJ, Les, the nerdy reporter, and Herb Tarlac the sleezy salesman. Bailey and Jennifer were similar to the GI babes, I give you that :D.
Bailey reminds me of Sarah Palin, having that racy science professor look. Jen on the other hand was the blonde bombshell who was also smart.

Taxi was on tv from 1978 to 1982 on ABC, and from 1982 - 83 on NBC, running 5 seasons,and I read that the last 2 seasons DVD release dates are TBA.

Good, because when all five are released, I'll definitely be getting a complete series set.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 pm 
Frequent Mailer
Frequent Mailer

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but I always considered The Dick Van Dyke Show to be the gold standard of sitcoms.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:11 pm 

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
mjhbuckeye wrote:
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but I always considered The Dick Van Dyke Show to be the gold standard of sitcoms.

Very true.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:56 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

That's because I don't agree with that sentiment (why it hasn't been mentioned). Definitely some legendary talent involved though, just not a big fan myself.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Anthony wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Good, because when all five are released, I'll definitely be getting a complete series set.

Cool, I hope you enjoy them all.

About The DVD show, again I do not think they aired this show much when I was younger, or I always missed it, whatever the case, I have only
seen one episode, it was funny, wish I saw more.

BTW, I do like Coach, the tv series, that costars Jerry Van Dyke , he is a fine comedic actor imho.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:38 pm 
Frequent Mailer
Frequent Mailer

Okay, more or less in order, a top ten:

1. The Dick Van Dyke Show

2. All In the Family

3. The Bob Newhart Show

4. I Love Lucy

5. Soap

6. Seinfeld

7. Frank's Place

8. The Honeymooners

9. NewsRadio

10.The Drew Carey Show

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:50 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Good and interesting list. Did you like that ending and series finale they did for Newhart, bringing back Susanne Pleschette and having Bob wake up at the end, as if the entire Newhart series were just a dream by the original character from The Bob Newhart Show? I thought it was pretty clever and wasn't too bad. That reminds me of the Taxi episode where Latka and Simka set up everybody on dates and Jim is all excited because he gets fixed up with Marcia Wallace and he's a big Bob Newhart Show fan. He just keeps asking her about the show though :clap:

Ah memories, I will enjoy them. :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:31 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

mjh, nice list. Great choices.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:05 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

whitsbrain wrote:
Reading these Favorties lists, I realize I don't watch much TV. Everyone's posts about shows they like really gets me excited about checking newer shows out but I am extremely picky.

Anyway, my favorite sitcoms are: Seinfeld, The Simpsons

As am I. There just is very little on TV I find interesting at all to watch. I see that as less time wasted watching TV though. Kind of like when I watch talk shows, I find there to be very few bands I like these days.

Post subject: Re: Favorite Sitcoms?
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:07 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Gilligans Island -most of the epsiodes-except for that Japanese Sailor doesnt known WOrld War II us over--not in good taste!
as long as they were funny such as "Dont Bug the Mosquinos" when Gilligan gets bonked twice-first by Mr Howell with the skipper's hat and then Gilligan gets kicked in the shin by the skipper when he makes the dumb remark about the Mosquintos record album :ROTF: :ROTF: :bell:

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:15 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

noman wrote:
Gilligans Island -most of the epsiodes-except for that Japanese Sailor doesnt known WOrld War II us over--not in good taste!
as long as they were funny such as "Dont Bug the Mosquinos" when Gilligan gets bonked twice-first by Mr Howell with the skipper's hat and then Gilligan gets kicked in the shin by the skipper when he makes the dumb remark about the Mosquintos record album :ROTF: :ROTF: :bell:

Gilligans Island was a good show, but I just kept feeling sad for Gilligan, and how the Skipper treats him. I read somewhere that the Skipper
kept him on board because Gilligan saved his life once. One would think he would be more grateful to Gilligan.

It is actually kind of a Twlight Zonish show in that they make light of a dark subject [Being Stranded on an island], Hogan's Heroes is in this vein too.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:31 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

1. Married With Children
2. WKRP Cinncinatti
3. Happy Days
4. Welcome Back Kotter
5. Simpsons
6. South Park
7. Barney Miller
8. All In The Family
9. Good Times
10, Three's Company

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:56 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

WKRP in Cincinnatti--at least the forst season--then it was revealed that Mr Carlson mother had delibertly made this a no where show so it could lose money as a tax write off....The actress who played Mrs Carlson was also ona memerble epsiode of Loue Grant-where it is revealed that her late husband had exploited Japanese who been foreably relocated from the west coast during World War II!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:04 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

I love WKRP, what a great ensemble cast, great story-lines. Yes, it was a comedy ; yet, it dealt
with some deep commentary on social issues that still are relevant to today. I even enjoyed
the 2nd WKRP series, even if some of the writing was not up to par to the original, it still
held the basic premise of original, and had some of the earlier cast members, and seemed
to keep true to their characters ( for the most part).

I have been watching DECADES ( a tv channel that is/was airing full runs of many tv programs), I am just getting into
Mary Tyler Moore, I never really caught a full episode before, yet, I am liking the show somewhat.

I like Lou Grant the character too, from what I knew of him, I always thought him to be a gruff one dimensional character ( a mean boss if you will ) similar to TAXI's Louie Depalma ( who as the series progressed did become more dimensional, he( Danny Devito's character) showed heart and sympathy in some of the later episodes),yet, on closer inspection he ( Ed Asner's character) seems to have a soft side, especially for Mary.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:22 am 
District Post Master
District Post Master

My Mood: Happy
Ok, in no particular order...

1. Red Dwarf
2. One Foot in the Grave
3. Waiting for God
4. Man about the House
5. Fawlty Towers
6. Blackadder
7. Bottom
8. Only Fools and Horses
9. Dear John
10. Vicar of Dibley
11. The Good Life
12. Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister
13. Father Ted
14. Men Behaving Badly
15. Are You Being Served?
16. Goodnight Sweetheart
17. It Ain't Half Hot Mum
18. Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
19. dinnerladies
20. The IT Crowd

I could easily double that list but they are a good start :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
MrRSerling wrote:
Ok, in no particular order...

1. Red Dwarf
:)

Even though its not in order...Id rate Red Dwarf #1 as well.
Nice "Britcoms" list by the way. What...no Mr Bean? :D
Are you being Served was pretty good. I still catch reruns of it from time to time...although in my viewing area they havent shown Are you being served AGAIN in almost 15 years.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:38 am 
District Post Master
District Post Master

My Mood: Happy
Mr Bean is ok but it's had its day. It is watchable but I'm not enjoying it. I think that Waiting for God is very underrated (about two retired people in an old people's home causing havoc. I love it!) and definitely worth watching if you can see it.

Red Dwarf is a true classic and apparently there are two more seasons contracted :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

yeah Frank Place wasnt Bad...also Starman....The Honeymooners only they lasted about 1 season apeice

Gilligan Island the Sweepstakes...the dream sequence where Mr Howell is a prospector who strikes it rich after 40 years and is about to be lynched when he cant pay his $50,000 IOUS to the other castaways...the only castawys who doesnt appear in the dream sequence is Mrs Howell....It could have been played like this...after Howell leaves the claim office he meets Lovey Howell while going to the Saloon with Marshal Gilligan:

Prospector: Lovey dont you recognize me?
Lovey: I sure do..you dirty old desert rat left me at the altar. What do you have to say for yourself?
Prospector: But I struck it rich. I even have a claim to prove it...now we can get married! Here an IOU for $50,000 for the ranch we were going to buy!
Lovey: I'll put on my wedding gown and wait for you at the church
Prospector: YOu know I havnt had a bath for 40 years!
Lovey: I KNOW

:ROTF: :lol: :bell:

Ironically at the rate Mr Howell was going out 50,000 IOU to everyone -five of the other six castaways--within half an hour within 15 more IOUS---he'd be dead Broke! 50,000 x 20 =1,000,000 :yada:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:40 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Yeah Mr. Howell did dole the IOUS liberally, bet he wishes the other cast aways would forget it, or
perhaps he felt they would never get off the island.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:15 am 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

Nearly my favorite underrated one-season sitcom is ON THE ROCKS, one of those transplanted British shows. Evidently it was an American answer to PORRIDGE, a very big hit in Britain, but ON THE ROCKS wasn't so lucky. It was about a minimum security prison, and instead of people complaining about the show being too dark, they complained about it being too light! If that's what helped it to get cancelled, I can just imagine how long it would last if it came out now - maybe about two weeks! I just wish it would end up on DVD; even though it was a one-season show but not a "one-season wonder" that had a big following, less likely shows have managed to make it to DVD.