Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:49 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I haven't been around much, for a variety of reasons.
I told Lazy, and a couple others in private, but the long story/short is I have some other stuff going on now.
I have some problems I am trying to take care of, and it may be a while before it works itself out actually.

I have been meaning to contact whitsbrain in regards to the "David McCallum project", Woodrow Mulligan on some other TTM related matters, and DrMoreau on yet other stuff.
But alot of personal things have kept me from coming here and posting as much as I would like, not to mention staying in touch with the people that I know better than others.
(DrM can vouch for this as I was speaking with him via phone every 2 weeks or so, but not at all recently)

I still try and stop in here every night, although I cannot post, (nor devote enough time to post thoroughly) like I have done in the past.
I consider myself one of the "anchors" and founders of the board, but recently I haven't the time to be here as much as I would like.

Anyhow,.....................

Its that time of year.
I have never been fond of XMAS ever since I was a very little kid. (simply put it lost its luster when I was around 12-15 and many years before)

Nevertheless, alot of us here have families, and XMAS is a very family oriented time of year.
This is the time for giving and receiving.

There is alot that many of us have to be thankful for, me included, but as for our personal "wish lists", there are a few things we could all use. Not to mention things that we want. :dance:

I want to start a thread/topic......... where we all can add a few things we would like to have.
Its that time, and probably many of us are going to get many things we ask for/want.

I am not close to my family, so the holidays are not something I look forward to on many levels. Not to say I don't care for my family, but I tend to stay to myself.

All that aside..................
Is there anything you really want......... that you may or may not get for Christmas this year?

There are alot of things I can recommend for the members here, and most of it is DVD sets.
After all, we have alot of similar tastes in shows and genres.

I have gotten something for one of the founding members here, (and its been sitting downstairs for almost 6 weeks) haha~!. Yes thats you DrMoreau, but I haven't found the time to get it sent out yet.
It will be there soon, as as I mentioned before.

Anyhow,...........................
List anything you might want to have or get as a gift here in this thread as a gift for Christmas. Plus mention anything you are possibly thankful to have. Lets be fair, not everyone has as much as we do to be thankful for.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:03 am 

Some things I would like to have.............

The Dead Zone season 6 DVD set. (the final season)

I haven't gotten this yet, but not sure why. I just haven't picked it up yet.
I have every season but the last. I just never made it to the store to pick it up... why I don't know.

Battlestar Galactica season 3. (season 4 I would rather have actually)
I have it all on VHS (thank you Lazyboy) but I need to pick it up on DVD.
I have "Razor", but never got S3 yet.
Season 4 is coming out soon I believe, and I have held off watching most of it until then.

Jonny Quest - The Complete Series (original)

I got the fever for these here once DrMoreau and PJ posted them here onsite.
I have seen all the episodes barring one. "The House of Seven Gargoyles" is the only one I don't think I have seen simply because the sound on parts of it on "youtube" is messed up.

Other than that, theres not much that I want for the most part.
(actually if anyone wants to send me a shoebox full of $20 bills then I won't refuse) :D

Perhaps next year when we have a bit more notice we can swap gifts for all the elder members.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Nice topic, TZDZ. The only thing I really really want - our signed FCISOAE 8x10 back from William Windom!

It was already signed by Susan Harrison and sent to Windom over 3 months back {Working on its 4th month now.} That coming back before or intime for Christmas would complete my Christmas wish list.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:39 pm 
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
I am not close to my family, so the holidays are not something I look forward to on many levels. Not to say I don't care for my family, but I tend to stay to myself.

Same here. My girl isn't too close to her family either, but much closer than I am to mine. Hell, neither one of my parents live within a thousand miles from me anyway.

I bought myself the very best 40" HDTV without question (Samsung LN40A750) on the market a couple of weeks ago to go along with an Xbox 360 and a handful of games. That pretty much covers Christmas for me. Plus, my girl's birthday was just last week and I picked her up a nice high end vaporizer, a new pair of Nikes and paid for her to see the chiropractor. She had a really bad car accident about ten years ago that totally f@%ked her shoulder up and suffers from chronic pain, but between using the vaporizer (puff, puff, pass!) a couple times a day and an annual trip to the chiropractor, she feels much better. Now my birthday is next month too, so f@%k Christmas!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:15 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
My two home PCs are getting a little long in the tooth, so I would like to get a new one. However, I am too cheap to buy myself one and I am making sure my kids have a great Christmas first (I have a work-provided kick ass laptop anyway).

I will be doing the family things this Christmas. It is a big family deal for us.

My wife did get me the "Night Gallery Companion" book and I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law got my Season One of "The Invaders" on DVD. So things are looking fun from a classic TV perspective.

I'm not trying to be political or anything, but more than anything, for Christmas I'd like to see the return of common sense and fiscal responsibility in America. Oh, and the implementation of the Fair Tax.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:16 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
I have been meaning to contact whitsbrain in regards to the "David McCallum project"

Sounds interesting!

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:04 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
I have been meaning to contact whitsbrain in regards to the "David McCallum project"

Sounds interesting!

Not too interesting really.
Only that it hasn't been produced yet, AND that I haven't mailed it out yet either.

Laziness pretty much covers it.
I have other things I am trying to take care of also, so the timing is a bit off for me even if it was sitting here in my lap ready to go.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:30 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

There's been a change in my X-Mas wish list...

We had a party at my neighbor's house last night. I'd never been in his house before so he gave me a tour of his place. We went downstairs, and there, sitting in the corner in absolutely pristine condition was one of these:

I think I need to have one.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

The Creepers Top Ten Wish List......... :P

Try to top this! :D

1.Image

2.Image

3.Image

4.Image

5.Image

6.Image

7.Image

8.Image

9.Image

10.Image

Think ya can top this?!?! Suckas....... :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:43 am 

whitsbrain wrote:

We had a party at my neighbor's house last night. I'd never been in his house before so he gave me a tour of his place. We went downstairs, and there, sitting in the corner in absolutely pristine condition was one of these:

I actually purchased one of these years ago, at a local games shop in Richmond.
The agreed upon price was $2,000. (they have went up alot in value since)

I paid half up front , but after many months of going back and forth, I never got it, I had to get a refund. :(
Long story short, they could not deliver it for the agreed upon price.

That particular "TZ" pinball, is one of the more popular models among collectors.
It is praised for its "depth in gaming", and is very challenging for experienced players and novices alike.

(btw- I used to frequent a gameroom that had one and I put up higher scores than any I have ever heard of or seen anywhere)
Although its a digital machine/score, when you get to 1 billion points it "flips" back to zero. Maybe it was 100 billion, not sure now.

After playing it for several hours one night with about 10 people watching, we lost count as to how many times I had "flipped" the score.

Its a very interesting game, and as a TZ fan, you can look all over the playfield and see objects from the series.....such as "The Hitch-Hiker","Robby the Robot", a "clock", and many many other interesting symbols from the series.

The pinball area is a very "cut-throat" hobby, and machines like these are often cannibalized for parts then sold for big markup on EBAY. This has led to a shortage of this particular machine, as the plastics and playfield objects are highly sought after.

Actually whit, if you are looking to purchase one, you can rest assured its a very good "investment". It will retain its value very well, and will always be worth what you pay for it, and more, seeing as they are becoming harder and harder to find.

If you do pull the trigger and get a nice one, look to spend $3,000, or possibly more. It is a "wide-body" style, meaning its a bit wider than most of the newer stuff put out today.
Your best bet is to buy one, and get someone to "refurbish" it for you.
Normally if you look around in your area, you can find someone who is pretty good at that.

If you have any other questions about that or the pinball machines in general, PM me.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:56 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Cyril The Thrill wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Same here. My girl isn't too close to her family either, but much closer than I am to mine. Hell, neither one of my parents live within a thousand miles from me anyway.

I bought myself the very best 40" HDTV without question (Samsung LN40A750) on the market a couple of weeks ago to go along with an Xbox 360 and a handful of games. That pretty much covers Christmas for me. Plus, my girl's birthday was just last week and I picked her up a nice high end vaporizer, a new pair of Nikes and paid for her to see the chiropractor. She had a really bad car accident about ten years ago that totally f@%ked her shoulder up and suffers from chronic pain, but between using the vaporizer (puff, puff, pass!) a couple times a day and an annual trip to the chiropractor, she feels much better. Now my birthday is next month too, so f@%k Christmas!

With that new HDTV, why would you buy the X-Box 360? Did you purchase the HD attachment for the 360? You should have gotten a PS3/Blu-Ray, my man--games in Hi-Def rule!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:43 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:

I actually purchased one of these years ago, at a local games shop in Richmond.
The agreed upon price was $2,000. (they have went up alot in value since)

I paid half up front , but after many months of going back and forth, I never got it, I had to get a refund. :(
Long story short, they could not deliver it for the agreed upon price.

That particular "TZ" pinball, is one of the more popular models among collectors.
It is praised for its "depth in gaming", and is very challenging for experienced players and novices alike.

(btw- I used to frequent a gameroom that had one and I put up higher scores than any I have ever heard of or seen anywhere)
Although its a digital machine/score, when you get to 1 billion points it "flips" back to zero. Maybe it was 100 billion, not sure now.

After playing it for several hours one night with about 10 people watching, we lost count as to how many times I had "flipped" the score.

Its a very interesting game, and as a TZ fan, you can look all over the playfield and see objects from the series.....such as "The Hitch-Hiker","Robby the Robot", a "clock", and many many other interesting symbols from the series.

The pinball area is a very "cut-throat" hobby, and machines like these are often cannibalized for parts then sold for big markup on EBAY. This has led to a shortage of this particular machine, as the plastics and playfield objects are highly sought after.

Actually whit, if you are looking to purchase one, you can rest assured its a very good "investment". It will retain its value very well, and will always be worth what you pay for it, and more, seeing as they are becoming harder and harder to find.

If you do pull the trigger and get a nice one, look to spend $3,000, or possibly more. It is a "wide-body" style, meaning its a bit wider than most of the newer stuff put out today.
Your best bet is to buy one, and get someone to "refurbish" it for you.
Normally if you look around in your area, you can find someone who is pretty good at that.

If you have any other questions about that or the pinball machines in general, PM me.

TZ DZ Fan

Thanks for the info. I don't think I'll be pursuing this expensive hobby. Although, I do love pinball.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:46 pm 
NYR94 wrote:
Cyril The Thrill wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

With that new HDTV, why would you buy the X-Box 360? Did you purchase the HD attachment for the 360? You should have gotten a PS3/Blu-Ray, my man--games in Hi-Def rule!

I also bought a stand-alone Blu Ray player as well for watching movies. Looks f@%king great on my TV! I do have my 360 hooked up to my TV via an HDMI cable as opposed to just the regular component cables so in actuality, I am playing in Hi-Def! Gears Of War 2 is the sickest game I have ever seen, graphically speaking. That game is so addicting. I do want to get a PS3 by the summer though so I can play God Of War 3.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:09 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Well with the new house and its furnishings, I'd say there isn't much to ask for but lots to be thankful for. We've got our LCD TV for the bedroom already. On DVD, my only requests were the complete series of Twin Peaks and The Incredible Hulk. My wife and I have been enjoying just going out for a tree and decorating the house for the holidays. With my birthday coming up in a couple weeks too, this is probably the first time I didn't have much of a wishlist.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
Cool Thread.
I will submit some wishes soon :D

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:03 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My beauty pageant wishes:

1. World Peace and World Health
2. Global improvements on food provisions, and agriculture education
3. Reduction of global pollutants

My other wishes:

1. PTE lasting forever and beyond, all of us uniting eternally
2. A 24 hr. Twilight Zone TV station and TZ them parks, and diners
3. Gold, Diamonds, Platinum and billions of dollars for myself and all of you

Zone Peace
MrZ

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:09 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

like always...plane tickets.

and most importantly, my family to be together.

http://www.aiwfenergy.com

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

bobbyryates wrote:
like always...plane tickets.

and most importantly, my family to be together.

I pray you get your wishes, good sir. Happy Holidays

MrZ

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:43 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Cyrils mother with speghetti poured all over her head.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:35 pm 
StillValleyBard wrote:

That's her every evening from what I'm told.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Cyril The Thrill wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

That's her every evening from what I'm told.

Dont Forget when I give her my extra special noodle

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:16 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:55 am 

This thread has really deteriorated....................

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:52 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yes it has. But given the company, I'm sure there's a good chance it will become worse.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:58 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
Yes it has. But given the company, I'm sure there's a good chance it will become worse.

:clap:

And it seems they were all on such good behavior there for a while................... :oops:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:13 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I'd like a 2nd chance at this thread

This is what I want for XMAS...

You know..just have to get lucky and beat Lazy ....TWICE. Tall order

Its always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 6