Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:30 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
This thread is a look back on the year "2009" of all the things that have happened here at good old PtE.
I encourage all members to post about highlights or lowlights of what has passed.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
01/2010
--------------------

PtE in review 2009

According to the board index we have 47 members, and I am sure more will come. We have 10 members with postings totals in the 1000s. 3 of which are in the 4000s. We have several members in the 3 and 2 figure ranges. Thats not bad considering this board started November , 2007.

We have seen many improvements, such as the new skins, the Zone $$$, Reputation, a shop,an arcade.

I love the fact that many of the Classic TV show episodes have direct links to their respective videos. We have more forums now.

Respect is what I have for the MB Masters, the crew and the members for making this all happen.

We truly are Zone $$$$!!!!!!

Z

PS: More later :D 8)
Keep up the great work

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
I LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Image :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:21 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Great shirt,Great senitiment, thanks. :D :D :D

Z

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

Greetings All,

A year in review is it. Where to begin, where to begin...

#1) Twilight Zone 1980s & 2002 revivals have been added to the site with the help of MrRSerling and Whitsbrain. (Imagery, as always, by DrMoreau.)

#2) Board Upgraded from phpbb2 to Phpbb3. A small feat in itself. No re-parsing was provided so all updates had to be systematically done by hand. Thank God DrMoreau has the patience of JOB. {See Biblical reference}

#3) Custom BB Codes: Again, DrMoreau spent a lot of time streamlining & adding to our custom BB Tags to allow us to not only recreate what we had, but add some much needed improvements & some clever new BB tags even I had not see. We even got rid of those dang old advertisements thanks to the community chest and the generosity of our members.

#4) We lost a member but gained some new members. Ikar, LoBo, Kaptain Kirk, & Bud Brewster. (If your name is not listed, I apologize.)

#5) Members Only expansion. I won't go in to too much detail, but we have more than quadrupled our capacity over the phpbb2 board.

I am sure there our tons more that don't readily jump to mind.

Congratulations to everyone & lets keep up the good work here in 2010.

Have Fun & Happy Posting,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

I am very impressed by what has been done here thus far. And I am sure this year (2010) will bring great things.

Great work, Hope to see more members come, and more activity here :D

Z

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:32 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Yep. I've said it a million times before. It's hard to believe the content here. I almost feel guilty about how much there is to do here for free. I hope nobody is draining their wallet for this site. Again, I assume this because of the great and massive amounts of content.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
I expanded my knowledge and watched more sci-fi/horror movies that I've wanted to see.. in the past year then probably the previous two combined. Of course many of those films were recommended here.

I got drunk alot....posted a few drunk messages, posted a few 420 SVB posts, made a few members name threads, (hope to make more in 2010)

It was a great year at PtE

Thanks to DrM, Phineas, etc for putting so much of their time and hard work into this place. Thanks also to people like MrZ for their dedication to PtE and any other members that contributed in any way.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Mr SVB,

You are truly appreciated for your energy, your enthusiam for the PtE, and your great sense of humor.
Thanks for the compliment, btw.

Keep on posting.

I agree with SVB here, the members here are truly devoted to the PtE, much respect to SVB and the members here.

Z

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm 

:P I RESPECT EVERYBODY! :P

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:12 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Much respect to you, too :D :lol:

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric

I think this sums it up well. This board is so packed with awesome genres that I don't even know where to begin. I only wish I had the time to even watch 1% of the stuff Dr. Moreau puts on here. I'm very grateful for the wealth of information and access to all the wonderful material provided. I also love interacting with all of you, learning new things, reading different opinions, etc. Here's to a stupendous 2010!!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 pm 

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Overstimulated?

I have not yet begun to stimulate. :D

I am of the philosophy - the board with the most toys wins. Hopefully, we are opening up new genres for people who have not yet been exposed or are wanting a refresher. Keeping in mind our co-founder TZDZ has probably not been exposed or at leased viewed many of our topics, it is good for him to finally not have the excuse that he hasn't had the opportunity. I don't know how much of our member's only section gets played with, but, hey - it's a perk and it's there. For non members, we may look a little small but our members know better, and that is the goal at hand. I'd rather have a few members that post and appreciate then a but load that don't post and only joined on a whim and never return. Not that I don't want new members, I am just more concentrated on keeping happy those that are already here.

In retrospect of 2009, PJW pretty much covered a majority of what also springs to my mind. I must say, having google and the other bots constantly sitting on our door step and reviewing our board is a positive. The guests that we do get are always more than welcome and even though we have an application registration policy to keep away spammers, it does serve it's purpose. When I look at other sites at FreeForum support, they always seem to complain about spammers, where we may be small on members, we are huge in content and spammer free.

So, here's to 2010 and to improving our mutual friendships and our collective interests here on PtE.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:05 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

DrMoreau wrote:

Keeping in mind our co-founder TZDZ has probably not been exposed or at leased viewed many of our topics, it is good for him to finally not have the excuse that he hasn't had the opportunity. I don't know how much of our member's only section gets played with, but, hey - it's a perk and it's there.

So, here's to 2010 and to improving our mutual friendships and our collective interests here on PtE.

I have stayed out of this thread, for a variety of reasons, but mainly to see what some of the others say first, before I chime in.

I think the last year has indeed been the best, although we had some trouble there for a bit with upgrading and such.
(Hey, I think I speak for everyone when I say that its most irritating when you try and log in and post, but can't because the site is being worked on or "down"/ upgrading, or whatever reason.)
Hopefully those days are over!

As far as "TZDZ" is concerned, I don't always look at every single thread here, but rest assured that I see probably 95%+ of the action.
In fact, I have been catching a few of the more recently posted movies, in the members only movie section.
I am about halfway through "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" as we speak.
Some of the ones posted tonight look to be right in my wheelhouse too.
I also have been awaiting the next "Survivors" too..... which I think is highly underrated.
I need to get around to posting more on that also, as I think the last episode from Season 1 (Survivors)had one of the best cliffhangar endings /fast paced final 15 minutes)I have seen in many years on any tv show. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Dr. M,

Your attention to detail and dedication is fantastic. You impress me with all you have shared here. With out this board, my scope of SF would be limited.
I have caught many episodes of TOL, AHP, and Night Gallery that I have never seen before, and have seen some movies here too, thanks a zillion.

I am grateful that this board is spamfree, I am grateful that the WBs ( Mr.PJ,Dr.M, and TZDZ) are all gentlemen, who really are devoted to a superb website/forum.
This board deserves top honors, and awards.

Also, I have to say this comunity is great, and we are all welcoming to new members.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So

RESPECT CREEPERS AUTHORITY!!!

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:11 pm 

:ROTF: Image :ROTF:

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

TZ DZ,

Yes, alot of new stuff videos are surfacing here, I am pleased. I have to find time to watch them. :D

Much Respect :D

PtE is #1Image