Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:52 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
It's Sunday, December 30th and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us return now to Season 1 for a New Years Day Originally Broadcast Episode. Meet Mr. Archie Hammer has a unique and singularly impressive talent. It is not one requiring any discernible talent outside of knowing what makes people tick. You see, Archie is a confidence man, not just any confidence man, mind you, he is the best that has ever been. Because Archie's talent is that he can look like whomever he wants when he wants.

Our Cast: Harry Townes, Ross Martin, Phillip Pine and Don Gordon

Episode of the Week: The Four of Us Are Dying.

Please respond in the appropriate thread. Find the related topic by Clicking Here

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm 

It's Sunday, January 6, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us return now to Season 3 for a Doomsday Episode of our very own making. Meet Oliver Crangle, a spiteful and prejudicial man with a twisted list of evil people. Why might you ask? Because precisely at four o'clock - an arbitrary time - he has concocted each of their own special Armageddon. Oliver Crangle, a petty little man with delusions of divine judgment to be doled out with extra good measure in ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Theodore Bikel, Phyllis Love, Moyna McGill, Linden Chiles and Pete the Parrot

Episode of the Week: Four O'Clock.

Please respond in the appropriate thread. Find the related topic by Clicking Here

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm 

It's Sunday, January 20, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us return now to Season 5 for a creepy comeuppance for an up and coming "Rock-a-Billy" Kid. Meet Floyd Burney, a head strong and arrogant young man who is looking for his next big hit with some lost and forgotten hill music. What Mr. Burney is about to discover is that the hills are filled with songs - mainly ballads - of lost loves and ill deeds in its name. You can alter the music, make it up tempo and swing, but the words mean something and its moral is timeless as infinity. Mr. Floyd Burney who came to the hills in search of a song but instead discovered ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Gary Crosby, Bonnie Beecher and Hank Patterson

Episode of the Week: Come Wander with Me.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 pm 

It's Sunday, February 3, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us return now to Season 4 for a stroll through a museum. No, not with Charley Parkes but instead with Martin Senescu. You see, this is a wax museum and the most dearest section of it is: Murder's Row. Martin has a fondness in particular for this section and these wax sculptures. It is said that people bring their work home with them. In this case, they would be correct. Mr. Martin Lombard Senescu, this weeks foremost authority in serial killers and the Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Martin Balsam, Will Kuluva, Maggie Mahoney and William Mims

Episode of the Week: The New Exhibit.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 am 

It's Monday, February 11, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us return now to Season 2 for a somewhat seasonal look with all the snow that is falling across the US currently. We take you now to Hook's Landing on a snowy February night. It seems something has fallen from the sky and crash landed near Tracy's Pond. What this object and its occupant is, well, is unknown. The state troopers investigating find footprints in the snow leading to a small roadside diner where the customers themselves are all very suspicious.

Our Cast: Jack Elam, John Hoyt, Bill Kendis, Barney Phillips, Bill Erwin, Gertrude Flynn, Jean Willes, Morgan Jones and John Archer

Episode of the Week: Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:12 pm 

It's Sunday, February 18, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us remain in Season 2 for a somewhat vintage look at the early days of video tape. We will examine both a growing recording method and an old woman who is enchanted with her young grandchild. Today is Billy's birthday and grandma has gotten him a toy phone so that they can always communicate - even from beyond the grave.

Our Cast: Billy Mumy, Lili Darvas, Philip Abbott and Patricia Smith

Episode of the Week: Long Distance Call.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:26 pm 

It's Sunday, February 24, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 5 for a look at an unexceptional person who is about to be gifted an unusual watch - a stopwatch more precisely. Our person of interest, one Mr. Patrick Thomas McNulty, who at age forty-one is a dull, argumentative, know-it-all, bigmouth who sets back the art of conversation a thousand years. Our stopwatch comes from the old country by way of the twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Richard Erdman, Doris Singleton, Herbie Faye, Roy Roberts and Leon Belasco

Episode of the Week: A Kind of A Stopwatch.

Please watch then respond in the appropriate thread. Find the related topic by Clicking Here

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 am 

It's Monday, March 4, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 1 for a look at a prize fighter, Bolie Jackson, an over the hill relic of what he once was. Young Henry still believes that Bolie has what it takes to become a champ and makes a wish ... a big, tall wish. The only prerequisite for the wish to come true is Bolie has to believe in the power of the wish. An adult believe in magic is a hard request to place on Earth and in ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Ivan Dixon, Steven Perry, Kim Hamilton, Walter Burke and Henry Scott

Episode of the Week: The Big Tall Wish.

Please watch then respond in the appropriate thread. Find the related topic by Clicking Here

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm 

It's Sunday, March 10, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 3 for a look at a lost or "homeless Man" if you will. Nathan Edward Bledsoe is this man. On one dark and chilly night, Nathan will stumble upon a recently disposed of body with an interesting and attractive pair of wing-tipped shoes - size 9. Mr. Nathan Edward Bledsoe is about to discover the truth about the old adage, never judge a man until you've walked in his shoes. Nathan Edward Bledsoe who woke up in an alley and now finds someone not himself strolling down the bustling sidewalks of ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Warren Stevens, Joan Marshall, Richard Devon, Ron Hagerthy, Joe Mell, and Ben Wright

Episode of the Week: Dead Man's Shoes.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:30 am 

It's Monday, April 1, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 4 for a look at Douglas Winter, Owner and Editor of floundering newspaper, The Danzburg Courier. While searching for a miracle, Doug has found it in the form of a new reporter/typesetter, known simply as Mr. Smith. A man who can not only outperform and out-scoop the competition, he often times reports the news before it happens. Imagine, a reporter who makes his own news stories or is there something else about Mr. Smith that Doug Winters will soon discover. This story breaks directly from the Danzburg Courier and ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Burgess Meredith, Robert Sterling, Patricia Crowley and Camille Franklin

Episode of the Week: Printer's Devil.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:40 am 

It's Sunday, April 7, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 2 for a look at a sufferer of nightmares, particularly, Adam Grant. Every night he is convicted of first-degree murder, sentenced to death, but he never quite dies. Trapped in a recurring nightmare, he tries to convince the characters in his dream that they are only figments of his imagination and that they will cease to exist if the execution is carried out. A textbook case of dreams, reality, and ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Dennis Weaver, Harry Townes, Wright King, William Edmondson and Anne Barton

Episode of the Week: Shadow Play

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:55 am 

It's Monday, April 15, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 3 for a look at a would-be champion and his icon of comparison, Jesse Cardiff and Fats Brown. Although the later has left this mortal vessel and this world, his memory of being the champion still lingers on and continues to haunt Mr. Cardiff. However, as with every great, a challenge must be expected and accepted if one is to retain their title whether that challenge comes from the poor, the unseasoned or even ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Jack Klugman and Jonathan Winters

Episode of the Week: A Game of Pool

RIP Jonathan and Jack

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 am 

It's Sunday, April 21, 2013 and it's time again to review yet another episode.

Let us revisit Season 1 for a look at an average middle aged vice-president for an ad agency passing through the forgotten back roads of his youth. Martin Sloan has accidentally returned to Home Wood - the place of his birth and youth - when his motor car breaks down. He will soon discover that not much about Home Wood has changed - his memory of it is exact - the only oddity is himself. Martin Sloan will test the tried and true adage, you can't go home again, not even in ... The Twilight Zone.

Our Cast: Gig Young, Frank Overton, Irene Tedrow, Joseph Corey, Michael Montgomery and Ron Howard

Episode of the Week: Walking Distance