Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:44 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
I like watching PGA Golf Tournaments especially on Sundays but will sneak a peek on Saturdays. :D
I sometimes watch Atlanta Braves Baseball for comic relief but not entire games. One or two laughs does it for me. :?
On BBC America I will sometimes catch Star Trek The Next Generations. :clap:
Did catch a little bit of the GOP Convention coverage but only a few minutes at a time. :o
But most of all I enjoy watching the movie channels when a good movie comes on. :dance:

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:44 am 
Director of the National Post

Dark Matter -
The lack of good sci fi sucks. But this one is a true hidden gem in my opinion. No its not a Battlestar Galactica, but its a solid space opera type show, and thats rare as hen's teeth on TV today. Some hit and miss acting the first season at times detracted a bit, but generally this is a really good one now.

The Bachelor AU -
Not everyone's cup of tea, and I know that. But the fact is, Aussie women and their accents are hot. The Aussies have reality TV down to a science, and its 100% better than our version. Plenty of eye candy here.

Fear The Walking Dead -
This one will always be a few notches below WD in my opinion. Its not bad, but I just don't think the characters are interesting and strong enough. I can't put my finger on it, but it just lacks a little. Good but not top notch.
It just cranked up again, and it was "fair" but certainly not what it could be.

Married At First Sight -
As I get older, I like shows like this more than I used to it seems.
How they react with one another is interesting, and after watching the Aussie version of this a few years ago, I watch ours now too. Its OK, but yet another reminder of the missing solid sci fi programming.

The Block AU -
This one just started up again, and although I haven't watched the first few episodes yet, I will soon.
Its always an enjoyable show.

Some new sci-fi type programming soon to start up again, and I can't wait for these. Humans and The Walking Dead.
If you never pulled the trigger on Humans , you are missing out.

Fantasy football has started/starting soon, and the NFL on Sundays (RedZone) will soon be a big part of the viewing landscape.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
So you think z nation is delivering better stuff than fear the walking dead?

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:55 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
So you think z nation is delivering better stuff than fear the walking dead?

Wow.
I never thought about it in that light, but suffice to say I am not too high on FTWD.
I know Z Nation is a bit hokey, and in my opinion they could tone it down just a little bit and the show would benefit greatly for it.

I am thinking hard to try and remember what I told fellow board member AlSunday about this, but I think I said Z Nation was "borderline unwatchable" near the beginning. In fact I think it has moved well past that honestly.
Though some of the later episodes have some of that hokey type moments, they are fewer and farther between. (at times anyway)

I don't know if I can truly say I think Z Nation is better or its "delivering better stuff" than FTWD, but I will say this..........
Since Z Nation has cranked back up, I have to admit I look forward to it more than FTWD.

FTWD just seems to be missing something, and I can't put my finger on it. I just don't care about the characters like I do in some shows. I have waited patiently for it to take off, but for some reason I just don't have the fondness for it like I do other shows I watch.
I don't want to say the characters are just unlikable, but it seems to be missing something and I think it might be "urgency". It just doesn't have the urgency other shows have. I find myself saying "OK, so that character might die, SO WHAT".
Its not boring, but it just doesn't have that excitement that a few of these other shows offer.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:48 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
I just caught a bit of Agents of Shield, with Ghost Rider, recently. Visually I like it, it is darker then before,
yet the main characters still do not give much for one to feel for them, sadly. Yet, I will try to watch more,
hope they add more amd more of the Marvel Stable ( more from the Hulks, Dr. Strange, Defenders, Avengers, et al..)

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:41 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
I have all of Night Gallery on DVD, all 3 seasons, just bought recently from B and N. I have been binging on them, I am close to finishing the series.
I am just sorry I have not watched this series earlier, would love for us to discuss this series more, sorry I'm late for the NG train.

PtE is #1Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7