Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:31 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
www.tvseriesfinale.com

It says it all on there. I'm sad to see that both shows have been cancelled. This is outrageous.

I'm sure TZ DZ will be just as saddened, and perhaps has some more insight. I think he had heard ratings have been sliding, but I'll let him post what he knows.

We can also use the thread to discuss these shows for those interested.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:41 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Its like this, as far as The 4400, I couldn't really care one way or the other.
Though I did tune in.
There is some rumor of a final "movie" to wrap it up.

Dead Zone- Not sure about this one, and I wouldn't give up all hope just yet, here is why.

It was already "cancelled" at least one time, only to be yanked back away from the dumpster, and revived yet again.
According to Nicole DeBoer at a convention a couple years back, season 5 was to be the last season, and had been dropped. Then BOOM, season 6.

There was always an "understanding" to the fans, from Michael Hall , that there would be some kind of series wrap-up, in the event of cancellation. This always seemed to be the case coming from the producers also, at least thats what they always indicated on the website, and through other various sources.

One more glimmer of hope on that one Lazy- it has already been widely spread over the last couple of months, that the Dead Zone writers, already had enough "fuel in the tank", and shows/material written for an entire additional season. All this came about when the writers strike reared its ugly head. Its as if there was a "safeguard" in place, that much was understood.

I am under the assumption that there is still a chance (although looking slim) for yet one final season left in TDZ.
If not, I hope they stay true to their word, and cough up one final 2 hour movie/mini-series to end this once and for all.
I did say a long time back, even on "the other board", that if it ever reached season 6, it would be in jeopardy, and if it managed to squeak out a season 7, then surely that would be the end. It appears as though my words are more true than anyone ever realized.
I think my exact words were "It will never go past season 7, under any circumstances if it goes that far".

One more note- you may remember a huge post I made on "the other board" once long ago, and I truly believe that it was ME! and a handful of others, that saved the series from cancellation right after season 2 ended. A massive effort was made on the message boards from the old TDZ website, from several of us, to save the show. The powers that be, behind that show, always kept a very close watch on that board, looking for ideas, and they even snapped off a few storylines from us, and brought back characters, that many of us bitched about (when they left).
I truly believe in my heart,that it was my efforts, and a few others there, that helped the show stay around as long as it has.

It all started to go downhill when Michael Piller died, that was a sad day for us, and I knew it would have a big impact on the future of the show.
I might just crank out a snail mail letter to Shawn Piller , I would think he would respond.

This coupled with "Journeyman" and these items and "leaks", are just about enough to get me to stop watching TV once and for all. Image I wish I hadn't read this.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:06 am 

The "Futon Critic", has always been one of the more trustworthy sites when it comes to TV show news and cancellations and such, and from what I just read, it looks as if its been noted there about The Dead Zone.

While I am not going there to that Futon Critic site, keep in mind one more tidbit.

There has been NO OFFICIAL announcement from USA Network on this matter.

Also some interesting news, in case you hadn't heard. It appears as though "Monk" and "Psych" will be coming to NBC in the future.
That may help bring attention also to the other shows.

I know "Monk" is quite popular. The Dead Zone paved the way for its success in many ways, even the head execs at USA always acknowledged that.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:50 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Also some interesting news, in case you hadn't heard. It appears as though "Monk" and "Psych" will be coming to NBC in the future.
That may help bring attention also to the other shows.

Side Note: The 1st season of Monk was also simulcast on ABC when it 1st started and after 6 ~ 8 episodes, they dropped it - dumb shits. Anyway, due to the writers strike, and since NBC and Universal have joined forces, expect to see a lot of Sci-Fi channel, USA Network, and other affiliates shows spring-boarding on NBC in the near future. So, for those who may have missed BSG in the 1st two seasons, you get a second chance. It's a shame nobody picked up "Night Visions."

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:31 pm 
Would Be Mailer
Would Be Mailer

Great, two more shows that I can't watch anymore. Yippee!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:16 pm 

A note to mr.garrity, DrM, Lazy, and any other fans here.

I have been sniffing around the Dead Zone boards lately, and I dug up something.

There was a link, here it is. http://www.cbsparamount.com/television/

Anyhow, look at that list of shows, they are ALL CBS Paramount programs, with the exception of one small difference at the bottom.

Look down the page, and you see "The 4400".

Curiously, I dug a little deeper, and I found this note on the DZ boards concerning this.

This was also posted, concerning the show, in the same thread. This comes from someone that claims to have more inside/reliable info about The 4400.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As the resident "authority" around here, I suppose I should weigh in.

As I've stated before, CBS-Paramount owns the show. USA Network, which is a part of NBC-Universal, only leased the showed for their network. When USA failed to pick the show up for a fifth season, all ownership of the property reverted back to CBS-Paramount. As for why they're linking to the show on their website, your guess is as good as mine. It seems unlikely, but I suppose it's possible that CBS could air reruns of the show on their own network. Maybe pair it with Moonlight or Ghost Whisperer on Friday nights. This would only be a possibility if the writer's strike goes on for any length of time.

There are no new episodes of the show planned. Production is not starting up again. Unless, of course, your campaign to save the show succeeds.

Thanks for all your support."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one found this interesting, although I am still holding out for The Dead Zone. There is something "eerily silent" about that show in particular.

I will post my thoughts on this, and my posts at the DZ boards here soon.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:47 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Ok, so what are you implying? Do you think that there is a chance these shows will return? I think this is the most subtle of notions. We can totally extrapolate based purely on hope that it CBS decides to air repeats of the shows that could stir up some increased support and perhaps generate the network to produce more episodes. Again, I think it's very early in the process, but I'm not holding my breath on any of this. I think the viewers need to send the execs something along the lines of the Jericho fans (a la pounds of nuts). Maybe tons of syringes with promycin!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:26 pm 

Ok, to shed a little more light on how I feel about TDZ in general to Lazy, here are copies of some of my recent posts there on the DZ boards.

I will note a few more things at the conclusion of these.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-1

I come here again, only after learning of the cancellation of our show, The Dead Zone.
Many of you may remember me from the old board long ago as "season2fan".

Anyway, the news of this cancellation, has left me a little frustrated. Obviously I would like to see it continue, even if on another network, or straight to DVD format, but that looks doubtful at best.

The point I would like to make known to "The Powers That Be", as we used to call them, is something we were led to believe all along.

It was my understanding, that pretty much all the producers, actors, writers and directors basically led us all to believe all along that at "the end of the show", there would be some closure.
I cannot say specifically where I first learned or heard that, but I am sure I heard and read it many times over. Including one AMH saying that he would do everything he could to try and provide some type of finale (for all the fans and support), once the time came.
I haven't been over the DVDs in awhile, but I believe he may have even said this on some of the commentary, but I honestly don't remember as it has been so long.

Have not any of the others here heard the same type of talk? The details are a bit fuzzy, perhaps someone can help me out on specifically where this came from....or possibly on the DVDs. I am fairly certain that it was talked about on the boards as well.

My point is...........its time for someone to make a stand.
Shawn Piller, AMH, or some of the other "powers" need to come forward and make some type of statement concerning this.
Its pretty much a "lack of respect" to us fans, that have supported the show all along, to simply be "left in the dark", with no statement released so far.
Obviously it appears as if the show is cancelled.
But lets hear from someone on the "inside",. that says basically, why it was cancelled, and why was no final resolution made. It even appears so far that there aren't any plans for any final movie/wrap-ep either.

Lets be fair, with all this behind the scenes stuff going on, there may be some lobbying to get the show to another network.(or maybe talk of yet another season or finale) Perhaps its all being kept quiet until some type of determination is made.

But someone needs to show some guts and come forward, and let us know of any possibilities, and some of the reasons why.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portions of 2 other posts of mine-

Will not anybody stand up and say............"We had the best of intentions, and the fan support has been huge, but at this time, it is just not economically feasible to have some type of closure. Basically, we just don't have the resources to have some type of finale"

Point is, it doesn't matter how the end comes about. It certainly appears as though it is among us.
But lets hear at least some type of acknowledgement, from someone closer to us fans. Not just some "suit" at USA.

P.S. The website will almost certainly have some type of official announcement, at least at some point. I am just holding out hope that behind the scenes there is an effort being made to "relocate" to another network.
God knows there are many smaller cable stations that would absolutely love to get the ratings that DZ drew in, even in some of the slower seasons.

-----------
Even in the even of almost certain cancellation, I am leaning to think we would have heard some type of statement by now.

I find it odd that even AMH himself hasn't said anything to the fanbase. (or any other DZ staple coming forward either)

When each day passes after another, I am starting to think that something is being attepmted, even if its a possible* relocation to another network.

Unfortunately,if this is indeed going on, we may not know for a good while the possible outcome, or what was being done.

Current thoughts-

Its like this Lazy, I have been in contact with others recently,and also read of many, many attempts to reach Michael Hall, and others, for some type of final word. But there is no such official announcement from the cast or any major player, except from some "suits" release behind the scenes. Note not a single word on the official website either.

This is very odd indeed, as many of the bigger producers and AMH himself, has been outspoken in the past concerning "the end of the show", and always said a final closure would take place.

UNLESS - There is some type of jockeying behind the scenes, such as talks with another network, or possibly the talk of some straight to DVD material. (such as is being doen with Stargate SG-1)
I am of the opinion that this is indeed the case.

I am sure if there are still negotiations taking place, its best for everyone to remain silent on this.

Many people say "well, AMH is only a cast member, so he may still be in the dark also".
Well guess what, thats bullshit. He was and has been "executive producer" in many episodes, also directed several, and had many very close ties to the real people pulling the strings. He definitely knows something.

Others argue"well, maybe he needs to move on, and hes tired of playing Johnny Smith". I say bullshit to that as well, because even in the late seasons, and on the DVDs he has stated so many times over and over,(along with other cast members) that they would love to continue on for many more seasons, and they are basically happy and proud to take part.

Either way, like I mentioned in that post, because of the nature of it, we may not know for a long time, until its truly dead, or what happened behind the scenes to perhaps try and save the show or relocate.

I will jump and say, that perhaps this go around, I haven't done my part.
You may remember there was a massive movement I referred to when discussing this before, on the old DZ boards before, led by myself, and 2-3 others, and many of us there believed that we played a key role in keeping the show going after season 2. (You need to know, that at that time the show and creative forces behind it, was VERY-VERY close to that board at that time)

Sooner or later we will know.
But I am holding out for some type of movie wrap-up, or straight to DVD release, to tie everything together.
I can deal with that, and it certainly seemed all along as though that was going to be the case, according to the cast and creators.

As for The 4400? Well, I don't care as much. But I would certainly watch it if an ending were to ever be produced.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:46 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Hey I'd be down for something to close it all out on both shows. I've been waiting for Deadwood because there was word of a couple tv movie specials to close it out, but alas, the creator is involved in other projects (which sucks for us). I was also hoping for some closure with Carnivale, but those HBO bastards retained rights to the show and chose to do nothing with it, even though the creator, Dan Knauf, has much more story to tell.

With poor showings in the past, I just don't put much into anything until I see it before my eyes. Like I said, the shows may not return, but I'd appreciate something to close it out (tv special, movie, DVD).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 pm 

Take this for what its worth................

This was posted on Anthony Michael Hall's "MySpace" page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone Peace, Health and Prosperity for 2008. It’s been a great run and I appreciate all the kind words and support The Dead Zone fans have given me over the last 6 years. My partners Michael Piller, Shawn Piller, Lloyd Segan and I thank you for your support and viewership. I also want to say it was a pleasure to work with Nicole, Chris, John, Sean and David and the whole Dead Zone crew both in Vancouver and Montreal.

The past year has been the best year of my career too date. I began the year by filming a cameo in an episode of Entourage then we began filming in Montreal for the sixth and final season moving from Vancouver which had been our home for the previous 5 years.

My father and I started a production company, Manhattan Film and Television Company. Watch what my father and I do from here on out!!

I was offered a role in the much talked about new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, coming this summer. It was great working with Christian Bale and the rest of the cast, Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine. The filming brought me back to Chicago before heading to London, England.

Again, I want to "Thank" everyone, it's been great!

Anthony Michael Hall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It certainly appears as though AMH has finally said what needed to be said about the show.
While not set in concrete, at least from his perspective, it seems to be done.

There is still a big movement underway on behalf of the show though. (trying to save it)
Word is that there is quite a big outcry for The 4400 as well.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Thanks for the update! I've resigned to the fact that they're not returning, but I hate that there is no resolution - so if there is a revolution coming I hope at least it brings enough energy to encourage a true finale wrapping things up appropriately.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:21 pm 

More on the outcry about "The 4400".

I just found this shortly ago, Hell there are even a few websites devotedly solely to preserving the show.

When will the idiots at USA wake up, treat their viewers right, and recognize the shows that led them to the top?

TZ DZ Fan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAHPETON, N.D. - A sunflower seed company in the middle of the frozen prairie is trying to help fans save "The 4400," a science fiction show axed last month by USA Network.

Fans of the show are protesting the cancellation by sending network executives sunflower seeds, the favorite snack of a character named Dr. Kevin Burkhoff. Many are Giants Sunflower Seeds, manufactured by a Wahpeton-based company with eight employees.

"We thought they were loony tunes at first," said Jay Schuler, head of Giants Snacks LLC, which makes Giants Seeds. "But it has been a wonderful thing."

About 1,700 bags had been ordered from Giants by the end of the business day Thursday, the day before the campaign's official launch, said Tom Schuler, who handles Internet sales for Giants Seeds. The Schulers are brothers.

"It's kind of cool to see all these loyal fans," said Tom Schuler, who has been including notes from fans with most orders. "It's a little crazy, but I feel good about it."

Kristin Schulman, a spokeswoman for USA Network, said the network had no one available Thursday to comment on "The 4400" campaign.

The campaign is modeled after one waged by fans of the CBS show "Jericho," which the network agreed to continue after it was deluged with calls, messages and about 50,000 pounds of peanuts. The peanuts stemmed from a line by one of the characters.

One of the organizers of the protest, June Terrell, said she picked Giants Seeds after an online search. She considered the company a good luck charm because its corporate offices are based in Minnesota, where "4400" lead actor Joel Gretsch was born.

The company that worked on the peanut campaign declined to get involved because "they were still recovering from Jericho," said Terrell, of Memphis, Tenn.

Giants Seeds started in 1995, when the company sold 70,000 bags of seeds in just one state, North Dakota. The seeds are now available in 36 states. Giants sold 4.9 million bags last year.

Many overseas fans are ordering from Giants over the Internet to avoid shipping hassles. The company said it has received inquiries from the Netherlands, Israel, Venezuela, Australia and South Africa, among other countries.

"Normally we don't do international orders, but we opened it for this," Tom Schuler said.

"The 4400" tells the story of 4,400 people who were abducted at various times but returned at the same time in the foothills of Mount Rainier. They have not aged since their abduction and remember nothing about the time they were gone.

Fans are at least hoping for "closure to a magnificent tale of what could be reality on some level," said Sandy Williams, 60, of Dardanelle, Ark.

"Honestly and simply, the story made me think beyond just entertainment like so many shows seen on television today," Williams said. "It caused me to pause and examine my values, from religious to political to personal."

Dee Henke, 57, of Santa Cruz, Calif., said she bought several bags of sunflower seeds "and will be ordering more if necessary" when she gets paid next week.

"Living on $935 per month in California is hard ... but this is worth it," Henke said.

___

On the Net:

Fan sites: http://www.savethe4400.com , http://www.savethe4400.net

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:02 am 

http://www.savethedeadzone.com/

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:59 am 

To be released on June 3rd.

Note the caption across the top of the box. Image

With the way the fans have been treated,(from NBC/USA) I have no desire to use any of my sparse tv watching time to view either of these networks anymore. Hell, they even ran "Journeyman" into the ground.
There is but one show on NBC left, that I watch, and when thats done, consider me yet another viewer looking elsewhere.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:41 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
To be released on June 3rd.

Note the caption across the top of the box. Image

With the way the fans have been treated,(from NBC/USA) I have no desire to use any of my sparse tv watching time to view either of these networks anymore. Hell, they even ran "Journeyman" into the ground.
There is but one show on NBC left, that I watch, and when thats done, consider me yet another viewer looking elsewhere.

TZ DZ Fan

Do they at least tie up loose ends and give fans closure with the final episode?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:37 am 

Anthony wrote:

Do they at least tie up loose ends and give fans closure with the final episode?

In short, not really. I can say that there could have been worse episodes to end on, and in some ways, it was fair. But way too many doors were left open.
Many things were not answered.

To put it bluntly, when the season was over, they didn't know whether or not there would be another season..... and honestly, I thought most all of the creative forces behind the show figured that there was still one more season left in the tank.

Overall, it was a great show worth watching, but in my opinion, the glory days were season 2 and some of season 3. I saw perhaps 4-5 of the best tv episodes ever, (in my mind) in this show.

Hopefully, they will try and put together a movie/straight to DVD finale, that will satisfy everyone.

What is really discouraging, is this was always told to the fans, that the series would have good closure.
Not only that, this was the "flagship" for the network for a good while, and helped springboard "Monk", and then "The 4400" as well, and they were a true ratings force on Sunday evenings.
Considering they were up against the Sopranos for a long time, they did great, and almost any cable network would have killed to get the ratings they were getting when they coupled TDZ and The 4400 together.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:17 am 

To the few fans here of The Dead Zone.........

Here is a fairly recent article where Anthony Michael Hall reflects back on the series.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hall Sums Up The Dead Zone

Anthony Michael Hall, who played psychic Johnny Smith in six seasons of USA Network's The Dead Zone, told SCI FI Wire that he looks back fondly on the show and feels that the last season did a good job of closing it out. The series ended a bit abruptly because production wrapped on the final season before producers knew that the show wouldn't return for a seventh season.

"The last couple of seasons, we just had to address the finales as if they might be the last, but in my gut I felt the [sixth-season] finale would be the last," Hall said during an interview to promote the just-released DVD set The Dead Zone: The Final Season.

"In terms of how the season went, I had a great time," Hall added. "We'd moved to Montreal, so suddenly it was an all-French-speaking crew, but I have to say they worked just as hard as the crew in Vancouver did for [the first] five years, and I thought they brought this sort of European sensibility. I thought the production values were solid."

Storywise, Hall added, he was happy as well, with a few reservations. During the last season, storylines focused less on Walt (Chris Bruno) and Bruce (John L. Adams) and more on Johnny's interactions with former love Sarah (Nicole de Boer) and his longtime nemesis, Greg Stillson (Sean Patrick Flanery).

"One of the decisions, and it was a network decision, [but] they wanted to get back to the original elements, the family issues, the stuff with Johnny and Sarah," Hall said. "We wanted to tie up the stuff with Stillson, so he was a factor. That led to sort of diminishing the other characters a little bit, Walt and ... Bruce. So it was difficult, because we were all a team for five years, and then suddenly the network decided to make some changes because they wanted to get back to the sort of nuts and bolts of the early-season stuff. Overall, I felt good about it. It's always the challenge for the actor to make it come alive."

The Dead Zone concluded with an hour entitled "Denouement." "I thought the episode was good," Hall said. "If it was going to be the last season, that episode spoke to all those character and story issues. In that regard, I felt good about it. I'm grateful. Six seasons is amazing. We did 80 episodes, which is like doing 40 movies about one story. It was a great experience."

More of my thoughts on this interview and the show's "finale" to come soon.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:26 am 

Dead Zone Movie a Possibility???????

Recent interview on sci-fi wire with AMH...................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hall: Dead Movie Mulled

Anthony Michael Hall, who played psychic Johnny Smith on USA Network's The Dead Zone, told SCI FI Wire that there's talk about a movie and that he'd be open to one, but added that he wasn't particularly optimistic about the possibility. Hall starred for six seasons on the show.

"There's talk about it," Hall said during an interview to promote the just-released DVD set The Dead Zone: The Final Season. "I don't think we had the size of a cult following that, let's say, The X-Files did. You look at Sex and the City or The X-Files, these movies were done long after the shows pumped out their last episodes."

Interestingly, The Dead Zone had a previous incarnation as a 1983 feature film, which starred Christopher Walken as Smith. Some shots of the Dead Zone TV pilot appear to have been borrowed from that film, though the TV show introduced new characters and departed greatly from the movie's premise. Both TV show and movie were based on Stephen King's book of the same name.

In any case, Hall said that he remains grateful for his chance to do the show. "I would certainly be open to the potential for [a reunion feature]," he said. "I would never turn my back on what [the show's late producer] Michael Piller did for me. He gave me this incredible opportunity. When I look back at [my] career, I view him and John Hughes as almost guardian angels of my career."

Piller handpicked Hall to play Smith after watching him play Bill Gates in the cable-television movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. "He and his son, Shawn, were great partners, along with [co-executive producer] Lloyd Segan," Hall said. "These guys, we made it a family affair. ... So I was grateful for the experience, and I would certainly entertain it if they wanted to pursue a film. Am I optimistic about it? Not really, but I certainly wouldn't turn my back on the opportunity."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is what these programming bastards at USA should do. At least there is some background "talk" of a movie.

I'm not greedy, theres no need for a theater movie. Something of the straight-to-DVD variety would be just fine.
Close up the Armageddon arc, tie up all the loose ends, and you will have a TON of happy followers.
6 seasons of a show, that brought the USA network to the forefront deserves more closure for the fans than what it got.

I am a little stoked that at least there is talk of something. I have my doubts, but at least its a possibility.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 am 

M*A*S*H Star "Out and Proud" - (Also known as "Reverend Purdy", on The Dead Zone)

From eonline...............................

M*A*S*H's Maj. Charles Winchester has stepped out of the tent.

Actor David Ogden Stiers tells Gossip-Boy.com, "I am [gay]. Very proud to be so."

The 66-year-old actor, who played Cogsworth in Disney's Beauty and the Beast (and its subsequent straight-to-video releases), claims his success doing voice work made him nervous to reveal his true identity.

"What they might allow in a more known actor, they prefer not having to deal with in minor players," said Stiers, whose 'toon credits include Lilo & Stich: The Series and Justice League.

"I should say in regards to this that many of my fears were in modern times self-invented. I've been working internally on whether they were the problem or if I just continued using them as an excuse long after the call for conservative private lives passed."

Later in the interview, he added, "I wish to spend my life's twilight being just who I am."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one, was not surprised at hearing this. Although he never mentioned anything about this before, I always had my suspicions.
All these years in Hollywood, and never being seen with women much, was a main signal to me.

(before anyone thinks I am "gay-bashing", I am not)

I have always loved his excellent but "troubled" character Purdy on The Dead Zone.
He was always popular on M*A*S*H* as well.

He mentions that recent success made him nervous to reveal this. I don't quite understand this, as I figured him to be very successful for many years.
The last few years of voiceover work must have been paying better than many of us suspected for him. :clap:

TZ DZ Fan