Postal Carrier

My Mood: Mean
Title says it all....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60080

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Unless they find a trunk in some attic with 150 Twilight Zone scripts that Rod Serling himself wrote in secret and never released, and are planning to use in the reboot, then I am not going to give a damn.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
I'll check it out. There's usually at least a handful of good episodes in these revivals, although with their track records, it doesn't bode well, as the 1985 series had a lot more good quality stories than the 2002 one, so if that trend continues there will be maybe just a handful of decent ones per season. Kind of like how half of all marriages end in divorce and second and third marriages have an even lower percentage of success. I wouldn't be surprised if they found some Rod Serling scripts. Isn't that what happened with Rod Serling's Lost Classics?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

Anthony wrote:
I'll check it out. There's usually at least a handful of good episodes in these revivals, although with their track records, it doesn't bode well, as the 1985 series had a lot more good quality stories than the 2002 one, so if that trend continues there will be maybe just a handful of decent ones per season. Kind of like how half of all marriages end in divorce and second and third marriages have an even lower percentage of success. I wouldn't be surprised if they found some Rod Serling scripts. Isn't that what happened with Rod Serling's Lost Classics?

I agree with the 80's TZ being pretty damn good,(when it was good, it was GREAT) compared to the lesser attempt in 2002. Though 1-2 members here don't mind the 2002 version at all, DrM being one if I recall correctly.

The lost classics were indeed stories that were either not developed into episodes, or were essentially "lost" and produced much later. In fact, there were 1-2 episodes from the 80's series that were essentially "lost classics".
There was one "Our Selena is Dying" which was credited as "based on a story written by Rod Serling". I suppose that "lost classic" is pretty much a matter of interpretation.
I believe "Many Many Monkeys" was an idea that was also considered (at the time) to be produced for the original TZ series, but for some reason it never was.
I would have to check the TZ companion to verify this....... I'm just not 100%.

Maybe I can check the TZ Companion tomorrow and look for all this info.

Regardless, as much as I love the old series and am sentimental over it,(and 80s TZ too), I am guaranteed to check out the new series when it finally arrives.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:56 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Any idea when this is supposed to air? This fall perhaps or will this be a cable series, which would put its premiere later in the year?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:05 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Anthony wrote:
Any idea when this is supposed to air? This fall perhaps or will this be a cable series, which would put its premiere later in the year?

I don't even think there's been much movement on it yet. If anything it's purely pre-production, so if it does indeed move forward I would think 2014 at the earliest.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I read somewhere that J.J Abrams will be involved...just like he is with everything else

Unread postPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:04 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Well he did create Fringe, so that gives me some hope in this series. As long as Joss Whedon isn't involved, whose the guy that does everything else Abrams doesn't do in TV these days. Chuck Lorre pretty much does every sitcom too. Whedon and Lorre are two of the worst TV creators/producers IMO, only Mike and Molly I like that Lorre is involved in but fortunately, that's a Mark Roberts created show and not Lorre.