TZ 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Equal 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
OTHER 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:20 pm 
Mr Trent wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

. . . hilarious how you call me childish, I'm 25 . . .

Well, Mr Ink-Blot-Face . . . when your mental age catches up to your physical age, and you begin to show signs of actually knowing what you're talking about, I hope to see a more intelligent and well-reasoned post out of you.

But seeing as that's not about to happen any time soon . . . I'll make a point of averting my eyes away from your worthless posts/inane opinions.

At this moment in time, it's a pointless exercise debating anything with you.

Anything I say will simply go over the top of your head (or in one ear, and out the other - with nothing in the middle to absorb the words).

As of now, I will read nothing further from you.

Thank god for the scroll-down key.

In fact, I'm out of here.

Goodbye.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 pm 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

My Mood: Indifferent
Mr Trent wrote:
Mr Trent wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

. . . hilarious how you call me childish, I'm 25 . . .

Well, Mr Ink-Blot-Face . . . when your mental age catches up to your physical age, and you begin to show signs of actually knowing what you're talking about, I hope to see a more intelligent and well-reasoned post out of you.

But seeing as that's not about to happen any time soon . . . I'll make a point of averting my eyes away from your worthless posts/inane opinions.

At this moment in time, it's a pointless exercise debating anything with you.

Anything I say will simply go over the top of your head (or in one ear, and out the other - with nothing in the middle to absorb the words).

As of now, I will read nothing further from you.

Thank god for the scroll-down key.

In fact, I'm out of here.

Goodbye.

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone with Mr Trent's level of immaturity :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:16 pm 
Interesting.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:26 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
I thought I was the only one here that had army men whan I was a child. :clap:

Dude, my next door neighbor pal and I played Army men alot, he had a mountain HQ, where his army men resided ,
I had toy tanks and army men and such versus his forces. I remember the army men being green ( allies ), and grey (axis forces).
===========================================================================================

Speaking of versus, ( hopefully this is a neat segue), this thread is about which do you prefer, its not a competitive thread.

I am sure all of us here believe both shows are CLASSICS, and have great merits. I do not want to see division amongst our ranks.

Mr Trent, I am pretty ignorant about TOL, yet I am starting to watch episodes. I love the TOL episodes I have seen : The Galaxy Being, Glass Hand, Nightmare, etc...I even like the very unpopular episodes alot.

One of my favorite things now is polling ( call me crazy: as a youth, I never was polled, and this annoyed me, making me
think that polls were ALL FAKE; thus, it is in me, subconciously,TMI here, to Poll, to give everyone a voice).
therefore, this is not to prove superiority in shows, its the farthest thing from it. Both shows are great imho, I love TOL and TZ, and need to watch more TOL episodes.
====================================================================================
You will have to start catching a few of the more popular AHPs when you get a chance Mr.Z.

I have only seen the AHP pilot, I look forward to your list, thanks great sir.

Mr. TZ DZ Fan

Thanks for your consideration, I am more than happy to comment on this Classic show, Alfred Hitchcock was a genius, I know that.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:45 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

DrMoreau wrote:

[align=justify]Now, if you take the best 10 episodes of both series and do a side by side comparison, there is a more even playing field. Being more of a horror/fantasy person, TZ is my choice. Not that TOL doesn't have any of these aspects but it is definitely and consistently pure scifi. Granted, I'm not as passionate as Mr. Trent here is, Hi Terry, but to place them both in the same arena because of the themes and times they were being shown is like comparing chocolate to peanut butter. I think of these shows like a Reese's Peanut butter cup. 2 great shows that taste great together or separately, which ever you prefer.[/align]

I really like this commentary, Great Dr. M, especially the concluding sentences. Merci Merci Merci

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:38 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I am not going to go into any major detail in this thread, except making one point.

Just because one person doesn't share the same regard for a series that you do, regardless of reasons why, is no reason to resort to name calling, or being bitter about the entire TZ vs. OL idea and thread in general.

I don't quite know why Mr. Trent is posting in this manner, unless he is just agitated that not everyone sees OL in the same light he does.

Yes you bring up a good point, that many of us came from a TZ themed board, so it is true that many of us look at TZ in more of a "closer to the heart" way.
But many of us saw OL, here and there along the way ALSO.

I agree that one can't really say that "one is better than the other", simply because they are different. Close in many ways, but definitely targeted towards a slightly different audience.

I personally think that TZ plays on a more broad range of imagination and ideas, and in alot of ways it hits me harder than OL does.
But I think that OL is better,for the show that its intended to be, and thats NOT what TZ is.
I honestly believe that either of these series are just as good as 90% of TV today, and I would love to see both of them brought back to life, yet again.

I seriously don't want one of our major OL contributors, "Mr Trent", to leave this board, just because he doesn't see OL in the same light as others here.

I know that many people don't like the same things that I do, (music is a great example), but certainly I don't look down on others because of it.

I believe we have one of the better, more knowledgeable, and most appreciative, OL groups here on this board, than pretty much anywhere.
Just because some of us have differing views, is not a good reason to stop contributing altogether here.
I expect more ..............FROM ALL OF US

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:10 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
[align=justify]General Note: Mr. Trent & Rorschach - I appreciate both of your opinions greatly. Certainly we all have a preference but surely, calmer heads can prevail.

TZ DZ and I created and then donated the OL Cafe - obviously we are both huge fans of the show. TZ DZ has the largest collection of TOL autographs that I know of and displays them here and on his OLTribute website. This should be a great indicator of his love towards both series.

When we in turn created PtE, both series were added as EQUAL series. And yes, members from both "That Other Joint" and OLC were invited here. If we take a closer look at our core members we will note that they comprise members from both boards. A cross collection of Sci Fi fans. What makes this board different then both the other boards is our Admin - Phineas. He didn't jump into the middle of your disagreement nor did he remove or warn either of you - or any member - about your disagreement. Frankly, that is not what this board is about. He allows all of us to be our own moderators and freely express our individual opinions by whatever means necessary. And you both have.

Now granted, I don't fully understand the argument between the 2 of you - and truth be told - I don't want to get involved because I consider you both friends and I prefer to walk the path of live and let live. But when I have friends/members talking about leaving because of a disagreement between shows and their importance to the lexicon of scifi, I have to say something. It's just a f@%king TV series guys! In the overall scheme of either of your lives, does it really matter to your health and well being whether you are a TOL and you are a TZ person? I sincerely hope not. Neither show will give you salvation of your soul. Neither will make you millionaires because you are a dedicated follower. And most assuredly, neither show will jump to your aid when you need it. Only friends and family will do that NOT a piece of 40+ year old celluloid.

From the bottom of my heart - Terry and Johnny - don't go away, mad or otherwise. Accept that we are all individuals here with different tastes and likes. Certainly we can all agree to disagree and leave it at that. Speaking as nothing more than another member here - I love you both and your posts. Don't stop being true to yourselves but at the same time, accept other peoples differences and realize you can't always change what you believe you should.

DrM[/align]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:49 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

I never took any of this stuff too seriously DrM, I merely said why I personally preferred TZ even though I like both shows, Mr Trent saw that as a personal attack upon him which it wasn't nor was it ever intended to be. Despite his name calling, I didn't respond in the same fashion, merely countered his accusation that I was childish by pointing out that I thought he was the childish one. I've not said or implied in any way that I want to leave this board or that I'm considering it, unlike some and I still consider you and everyone else here with the exception of one a friend, but I don't come on here for arguments and name calling, so rest assured there won't be any from me, and no more of my posts will be addressed to Mr Trent or about him. I think that everything you said above was fair and hopefully that will be the last of this business :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

Greetings All,

I've spent some time recapping this thread and all of its comments. I've read some very impassioned comments about both series and see that we all view these shows as separate entities. During the time of this threads creation, we had 3 main topic: Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Kolchak the Night Stalker. Since November we have increased the quantity and quality of our board to include many different shows in many different genres; thanks to all our members.

Reading over the past few posts, I believe, some information may have been interpreted counter to their original intent:

A) I do not read that Mister Trent is planing to leave our board, rather, he will just stop viewing and responding to this thread.

B) It appears both members have agreed to disagree with each other and are more than willing to let each other go their separate ways.

As DrMoreau pointed out, you are all your own moderators. As TZ DZ Fan expressed, he expects more solid input in a less dramatic undertaking.

Where some posts may not have been the healthiest of debates, it was nice to see many of our members take the side of neutral/mutual understanding and respect for all members here; and a peaceful resolution to the circumstances that unfolded. This is still a small board but has a highly active and knowledgeable membership.

Since I am the Administrator here, I felt that I needed to comment to fulfill my contractual obligations to this board, albeit unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

I still proclaim that I love both shows equally because they are different and shaped the ideas of what Science Fiction and Fantasy television would eventually become. Ahead of their time then and not yet equaled today.

Have Fun & Happy Posting,

[font=Comic Sans MS]Phineas J. Whoopee[/font]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:14 pm 

Thank you, Rorschach. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:46 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

TOL and Zone Greetings.

As I stated before and I shall state again : The PTE Crew for CONGRESS 2008!!!! I am so thrilled and delighted that we have such sane intelligent mods here, namely : Mr. Whoopee, DrM, and Mr TZ DZ. All 3 of these great men are gentlemen who desire to keep the peace, who believe in freedom of thoughts and ideas, they would have been great framers of the constitution imho. All of you have worked so hard for us, thank you gents.

On top of this, we have great members here who have different thoughts, astute thoughts.

It is our diversity that makes us strong. Perhaps some do not like my taste in music either, such as punk and industrial rock. Mr TZ DZ ( I do like your techno tastes :D ), yet perhaps you will love my passion for scifi and fantasy, and my quest for peace and unity. These are topics that bind us imho.

To sum up, we have a great crew here, who I hope stay united forever.

I hope Mr Trent, I did not offend you with this poll. Further, believe me I do not, nor any of us want you leaving this board ever.
Much love to both of you: Mr Ror, and Mr Trent, and all who are reading this.

MrZ

PS: I have said it once, and I will say it again : The PTE Board rules! Due to the fact that we have moderators who say we are self-moderators. Wow, basically that means I have to be mature and take responsibility for myself, dudes, thats difficult and hardcore. :D

PSS: THANKS YOU GREAT SIRS: Mr W, TZ DZ, Dr M. May you all live long, love you all.

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:28 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

DrMoreau wrote:
Thank you, Rorschach. :D
You're welcome DrMoreau :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:37 pm 
So, Mr. Trent really left us for good, eh? According to his profile, he hasn't even logged in since September 12th which was the date of his final post. It's too bad, I thought he brought a lot to the board. Especially in the realm of TOL discussion.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 am 

Cyril The Thrill wrote:
So, Mr. Trent really left us for good, eh? According to his profile, he hasn't even logged in since September 12th which was the date of his final post. It's too bad, I thought he brought a lot to the board. Especially in the realm of TOL discussion.

It appears so and co-sign.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 am 
Has anyone tried to PM and/or e-mail him?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:19 am 

I believe Phineas did?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:47 am 
Why is your name all colored now, you a moderator?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:37 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Never really got into The Outer Limits--too many damn aliens! Which is exactly r the same reason I don't live in Texas.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:41 am 
District Post Master
District Post Master

My Mood: Happy
I voted for TZ. I like TOL but, like DrM and a couple of others, TZ was my first love and even once I've seen all TOL episodes, I suspect I'll end up prefering TZ even if I did end up enjoying TOL more.

I'm a little disappointed at Mr Trent's conduct though. Disagreement is not a criticism of the person, it's an alternative viewpoint. Accept it, discuss it, agree to disagree and move on if nothing else.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I actually am a member of the Outer Limits group on Yahoo. Mr. Trent has posted there recently. I mentioned the good discussion on this board and he responded that he didn't like the TOL vs. TZ stuff. After reading posts here and on Yahoo, his feelings about these comparisons are strong. I miss his input here as well.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 am 

Cyril The Thrill wrote:
Why is your name all colored now, you a moderator?

Only in the Kolchak thread for a while. I'm doing a little clean-up and since Phineas created the threads, I couldn't edit. So, he made me a moderator "only" in the Kolchak thread.

Regarding Mr. Trent: Thanks for the input Whit & MrRSerling. Considering that this board has over 1100 topics, and only (1) of them is about TZ vs TOL, it's sad to think that he couldn't let this one discussion alone and carry on with the other 1099 discussions. But, it's Trent's life and he can choose to live it however he wants, regardless of whether you, me, or anybody else agrees or disagrees with his choices.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:31 am 

My Mood: Neutral
whitsbrain wrote:
I actually am a member of the Outer Limits group on Yahoo. Mr. Trent has posted there recently. I mentioned the good discussion on this board and he responded that he didn't like the TOL vs. TZ stuff. After reading posts here and on Yahoo, his feelings about these comparisons are strong. I miss his input here as well.

I do agree, and I saw when this thread got a little "heated", that his views were a bit stronger on this comparison than many here.

He was one of my favorite "OL posters", considering he seemed to be a bigger fan than many, and he had alot of interesting things to say.

But all that aside - Just because not all of the posters here look at these shows in the same light that he does, certainly doesn't mean that he should run off never to post here again.
Even if he got a little upset at some comments and took them personally,(when I don't think that was the intent at all) , he should soon look past that and enjoy the atmosphere here.
Hey- DrM and I envisioned this board as more of a multi-faceted site from the onset.
Obviously seeing as though many of us are serious TZ and OL fans, then sooner or later some comparisons are bound to happen.
That certainly doesn't mean that one persons opinion is greater than anothers opinion, regardless of which show he or she is more fond of.
I know I don't care for the lighthearted TZs (as a general rule) as much as some of the others here.
On that note - I probably don't like "Controlled Experiment" as much as he does either, but that doesn't mean that I don't value his input here too.

Whit- expect a PM from me soon concering that Yahoo group and some other related matters....

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:28 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

I am truly sad to see Mr Trent leave due to this thread. My intention of this thread was never to divide us. In fact, I was going to have a thread that
highlighted the philosophies of each show, and show the impact of what these shows have done for us and society, positively.

Mr Trent, if you are viewing this, please know, I am sorry if you do not like this thread, I will ask Mr Whoopee to close this thread, if that would help
bring you back.

Mr Trent, I have unfortunately not seen all the episodes of TOL, yet I am trying to, I have seen a few handfuls, and I truly appreciate them, I even love the ones that are considered lower on the totum poll by some fans. I think TOL is a superb and spledid show, and it deserves much credit and high praise.
Please come back, your presence is missed.

MrZ

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:26 am 
Post Master General
Post Master General

DrMoreau wrote:
Cyril The Thrill wrote:
Has anyone tried to PM and/or e-mail him?
I believe Phineas did?

No, I did not PM him. I visualize every member here as an adult. Any decision in regards to a members own personal life should be left to their own discretion. He has never asked to unregister, so he may pop back in someday if he chooses too.