Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Beatles: Rockband
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:10 pm 
Pen Pal
Pen Pal

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
I love The Beatles, I grew up with them, so I had to get it on rockband. Now, I HATE the game play of any Rockband, but the graphics are very nice for this little game. I absolutely loved the opening, my favorite part being the end where it plays I Am The Walrus. Plus it was a nice birthday present I could play with my dad.

I really hate the game play though, its why I have alot of Guitar Hero games instead. I think they picked lots of good songs and even the ones you don't like at first you start to enjoy after a while. I thought they were spot on with the graphics and renditions of the fab four, but after you unlock videos of them, unless your willing to watch some boring footage without an exit button, I warn you not to watch.

I was really curious about how everyone here felt on the game though. Do you like it, hate, think its overrated? Is it about time, do you think they should have picked another band from the UK to do a whole game about? (i.e Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.)

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:53 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
I'll wait for some other to voice their opinion before I post my thoughts. ;)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:28 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

I liked the game. Rockband is ok, but I can't really say anything else because in general I'm not a huge gamer. lol

When it comes to The Beatles, they are really the biggest rock band. They helped define a decade and are still going strong even though they haven't made any music in over 40 years. You have to give them credit, other bands may come and go, but The Beatles still have a strong following and are able to appeal to all generation.

I'm a dreamer. I live life through dreams and ideals that are magnificent but humble in structure. I'm a shallow entity dependent on imagery, who is unable to sustain myself without some form of subtle insanity. I'm like a doped out form of graffiti.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:19 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
I think part of the appeal of the Beatles and other 60's and 70's music and bands is that a lot of poor kids, like mine,
who were subjected to them because the parents controlled the Radio and Hi fi while they were growing up. A lot
of the songs were catchy and easily repeatable. Just one Creepers opinion. :|