Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Urban Sniper

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:03 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
OK, so basically your a stick figure hitman. That is kinda cool. I did the first mission fine. Second I screwed up and let a guy escape. Third, I got the guy who escaped and his buddy. Level 4: killing the Don is tough. The first shot always misses. You have to get him when he enters the living room before he ducks behind a couch. I haven't accomplished this yet. :|

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:08 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I actually got to the scenario just described.

I shot, and of course the shot missed. Several attempts later, I actually shot him, but I think there was a bug in the game.
I shot him, he collapsed, and then I went to read the email messages.
It said I had failed! :(

If anyone can get past this "sticking" point, let me know.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:02 pm 

Ha ha ha - very close Phineas, very close.

Yes, the 1st shot misses the Don. Let him run behind the piano. Above them both is a lovely chandelier. Shoot the chandelier and follow its fall. When the Don Stands, plug his ass. Be quick cuz he's a runner.

Also, in level 1: Wait for Carlos to talk to the guy in the car. Shoot the car's gas tank and kill them both with one shot. Be careful of the pedestrians nearby.

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:24 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Hey, Dr. Moreau, what about those TZ games of yours, got any tips for those, I was having trouble with them?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:07 am 

Which one in particular, Anthony?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:18 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Which one in particular, Anthony?

Well, let's see, you got ones for A Game of Pool, Eye of the Beholder and Nightmare at 20,000 Feet right? I guess all of them, in particular the last 2. When you shoot at the gremlin, he always disappears, what's up with that? Is there a trick to the pool shots or finding the guy in the Beholder game?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:41 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Oh yeah and I'm having trouble on the 5th mission in this sniper game too.

Never mind, I got the ending. Cool game, let us know when you do the next one. I got a new computer recently and I haven't been able to get the TZ games to work now. Any ideas?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:08 am 

Anthony,

Nightmare at 20.000 Feet: Whenever you successfully hit the gremlin with a bullet, he jumps off the wing. (Bullets do hurt - lol) anyway, after a few seconds he will return and start heading towards you again. The health bar shows how much damage you have delivered to him. Being that you are using the Sky Marshal's .38, the damage is based upon the actual physics of a .38 bullet damage over range. Take your time, and wait until he reaches the space between the G and the S in GSA. If you start shooting before this - the distance and wind resistance, plus our gremlins fuzzy fur, will have less damage on impacts. If you fire and he doesn't jump - you missed.

A Game of Pool: Ok - we all know Fats is the best and has an unfair advantage. However, take note as to the little cross used for angle of impact. You can setup better english and angles depending upon where that cross is on the impacting ball.

Also, the longer the stretch, dictates the built-in strength of hit gage. You can modify that built-in with the "H" key for Harder or "S" key for softer.

Eye of the Beholder: Well, the hospital is huge. Walter Smith is located in the hospital's S/E offices. Examine all rooms carefully. Keep in mind that Oxygen restores your health, so only use them when needed. The Cabinets restore your doses and of course, range shots. When doses are at "0" you are hand to hand. With doses, you can shoot from a distance.

If your new computer is running "Vista" - set the games for XP-SP2 or Win98 compatibility. Also, turn off the Color Layer overlay setting. Depending upon your video card, it may be running too fast. Go into Video Cared settings and set Anti-Alias and some other settings to "Application Controlled." That should resolve any issues.

Let me know,

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:21 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Okay, I'll try those. And any word on the next Urban Sniper game?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:49 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony,

If your new computer is running "Vista" - set the games for XP-SP2 or Win98 compatibility. Also, turn off the Color Layer overlay setting. Depending upon your video card, it may be running too fast. Go into Video Cared settings and set Anti-Alias and some other settings to "Application Controlled." That should resolve any issues.

Let me know,

DrM

How exactly do I do these things?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:09 pm 

Anthony wrote:
DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony,

Let me know,

DrM

Right Click on the game EXE file and choose Properties/compatability. Uncheck or Check settings.

Screen Compatability - right click on desktop. Go to Properties/Settings/Advanced. If you have an ATI Card or NVida, go to their settings. Without more info it's hard to tell you absolutes to your system.

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:25 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony wrote:
DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony,

Let me know,

DrM

Right Click on the game EXE file and choose Properties/compatability. Uncheck or Check settings.

Screen Compatability - right click on desktop. Go to Properties/Settings/Advanced. If you have an ATI Card or NVida, go to their settings. Without more info it's hard to tell you absolutes to your system.

DrM

Do I right click after saving or opening the file?

What settings do I uncheck?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:12 pm 

Don't open the file. High Light it with the cursor and right-click it then choose properties. The 2nd or 3rd tab reads, Compatability. Click on it and choose XP SP2 and uncheck the dual layer and color adaption boxes. Click apply and ok. Now try running it and tell me what happens. :D

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:45 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Or why don't I just remove Windows Vista and download Windows XP Service Pack 2 instead? How do I do that?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:00 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yes! I finally passed all five Urban Sniper missions in a row. Pretty cool game. I shot the gas tank in the first mission, like you said, to get both guys with one shot. The second one I wasn't sure of at first. The best course of action seemed to be to shoot the guy furthest right first, since that's the direction the other guys run after the first shot. Then it's a matter of shooting the other two guys as their heads move into your crosshairs or getting them when they try to run away on the streets. The last two guys are stationary targets, ducking down, but their heads are exposed just enough to hit them. The third one seems to take patience and timing. I waited until the dog and owner were far away from any other pededtrians, shot the mean pooch in the head, then quickly got the person next to the dog, before they could run too far. The fourth one I shot at the Don, then hit the chandelier, then quickly shot him in the head when he got up. For the fifth and final mission, I shot the pilot first, so the plane couldn't take off, then took out the five targets after they boarded the plane, since they don't move by that point, so you basically have five stationary targets. How'd I do? Did I miss anything? Is it better to blow up the plane? Can the plane even be blown up? Is it ever good to shoot any of the fuel trucks? Anything else I might've missed or left out?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:08 am 

Anthony wrote:
Or why don't I just remove Windows Vista and download Windows XP Service Pack 2 instead? How do I do that?

Well, if the computer came with vista pre-installed, you really cant. If it had XP and was upgraded to Vista, you may be able to do that. Either way, a daunting task at your experience level, no offense.

As I say, just right clcik the file and set the Compatability is the easiest. There will also be a check box their left unchecked that will read, "Run as Administrator," make sure that that is checked as well.

Let me know,

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:16 am 

Anthony wrote:
Yes! I finally passed all five Urban Sniper missions in a row. Pretty cool game. I shot the gas tank in the first mission, like you said, to get both guys with one shot. The second one I wasn't sure of at first. The best course of action seemed to be to shoot the guy furthest right first, since that's the direction the other guys run after the first shot. Then it's a matter of shooting the other two guys as their heads move into your crosshairs or getting them when they try to run away on the streets. The last two guys are stationary targets, ducking down, but their heads are exposed just enough to hit them. The third one seems to take patience and timing. I waited until the dog and owner were far away from any other pededtrians, shot the mean pooch in the head, then quickly got the person next to the dog, before they could run too far. The fourth one I shot at the Don, then hit the chandelier, then quickly shot him in the head when he got up. For the fifth and final mission, I shot the pilot first, so the plane couldn't take off, then took out the five targets after they boarded the plane, since they don't move by that point, so you basically have five stationary targets. How'd I do? Did I miss anything? Is it better to blow up the plane? Can the plane even be blown up? Is it ever good to shoot any of the fuel trucks? Anything else I might've missed or left out?

Damn good. If you get the 5 bosses before they get to the plane, you get the big bucks. Look at the high score - over 150k. You have to be a little clever with some of the kills. The Dog and the 5 in the apartment building can be done a little cleaner. HINT: None of the 5 should never make it to street level in mission 2.

Also, this isn't one of my games. I found it on the web and played the hell out of it. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:27 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Damn good. If you get the 5 bosses before they get to the plane, you get the big bucks. Look at the high score - over 150k. You have to be a little clever with some of the kills. The Dog and the 5 in the apartment building can be done a little cleaner. HINT: None of the 5 should never make it to street level in mission 2.

Also, this isn't one of my games. I found it on the web and played the hell out of it. :D

Really? How can the dog be done cleaner, there's someone standing right next to it? Does that person eventually leave? I'll try to get the 5 bosses before they get to the plane, sounds good. Oh yeah, and I killed the 5 in the apartment building before they reached the street, just not this last time I played it.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:30 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Well, if the computer came with vista pre-installed, you really cant. If it had XP and was upgraded to Vista, you may be able to do that. Either way, a daunting task at your experience level, no offense.

As I say, just right clcik the file and set the Compatability is the easiest. There will also be a check box their left unchecked that will read, "Run as Administrator," make sure that that is checked as well.

Let me know,

DrM

Okay, now the only problem I'm having is I don't see anything that says Compatibility. When I click on the picture for the game, it says the link for the J Peg and if I save it and then click properties, it says general, security and details for tabs.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:54 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony wrote:

So is that high score yours? I take it then you'd need 100% accuracy or close to it to get that high a score too right? I've reached about 40,000 and I'm happy with that.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:27 am 

Yep - It's basically whatever you are comfortable with. I think I made it as high as the 50Ks but I know via web one or 2 of the 120K plus people.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Yep - It's basically whatever you are comfortable with. I think I made it as high as the 50Ks but I know via web one or 2 of the 120K plus people.

So how the hell did they pull THAT off? Oh yeah and I did that compatibility thing for your TZ games, now it says "invalid command line parameter", whatever that means.

Any idea what that means?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:51 pm 

Anthony wrote:
DrMoreau wrote:

So how the hell did they pull THAT off? Oh yeah and I did that compatibility thing for your TZ games, now it says "invalid command line parameter", whatever that means.

Yep - I'm working on a programing fix for vista for ya Anthony. Vista doesn't like the DDraw functions in my code. DX10 handles it differently than its predecessors.

Give me a day or two.

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:44 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony wrote:
DrMoreau wrote:

Yep - I'm working on a programing fix for vista for ya Anthony. Vista doesn't like the DDraw functions in my code. DX10 handles it differently than its predecessors.

Give me a day or two.

DrM

SWEET! Yeah, let me know man. Those games were pretty fun when I could play them. I meant to ask you back when you first put them up, any plans for any other games, TZ related or otherwise? Like, maybe getting to smash some Invaders with an axe, or some kind of boxing game, ala The Big Tall Wish or Steel? Or maybe a fighting game where you get to play as Joe or Phylis Britt lol. Or maybe some kind of game where you get to outsmart and lay the smack down on Anthony Fremont.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:39 pm 

Anthony wrote:
Or maybe some kind of game where you get to outsmart and lay the smack down on Anthony Fremont.

Now why would Anthony wanna put a beatdown on Anthony?

I can just see it now, throwing 3-headed gophers at him, and stalks of corn. :clap:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yeah and you'd have to score quick headshots to keep him from using his mental powers :clap:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 am 

Either way, I'm sure it would be a real good game. A real good one. :sparkle:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:12 am 

Well, I did have an Invaders Skeleton (Art and engine) made where you were the Invaders trying to get Agnes. However, whem my IC contract with EA ended - I kinda left it alone. Perhaps one day.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:34 pm 

A note to Anthony.............

Did you ever get through all of DrMs TZ themed games?

Curious.

I tinkered with them one night a LOOOOONG time ago, but haven't touched them in ages.

BTW- DrM may want to link to them here also, as I know Mr.Z was asking about any TZ games on our OL website.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:50 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yes I finally did. Are there any other OL games. I really enjoyed the one for The Zanti Misfits.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:49 pm 

Not yet, Anthony - I haven't had the time. I'll let ya beta test anything new when I do ;)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:56 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

So that designer guy hasn't come out with Urban Sniper 2 yet still?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 pm 

Anthony wrote:
So that designer guy hasn't come out with Urban Sniper 2 yet still?

Yes - yes he has. Take another look ;)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:54 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Sweeet. Had a chance to play the hell out of that one yet? Let me know when you do, I'll be looking forward to your tips on this game as well.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:02 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
A note to Anthony.............

Did you ever get through all of DrMs TZ themed games?

Curious.

I tinkered with them one night a LOOOOONG time ago, but haven't touched them in ages.

BTW- DrM may want to link to them here also, as I know Mr.Z was asking about any TZ games on our OL website.

TZ DZ fan

Wow, TZ DZ, you have a phenomenol memory, I can hardly remember that. I do remember some
of DrM's games, he is a genius, very creative, he thinks outside the box ( Not whats in the box :D ).

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:01 pm 

Mr.Z wrote:
Wow, TZ DZ, you have a phenomenal memory, I can hardly remember that. I do remember some
of DrM's games, he is a genius, very creative, he thinks outside the box ( Not whats in the box :D ).

Thanks Mr. Z. :D

Anthony, have you had a chance to play US2 yet. Level 1 requires a little patience - but pretty easy if you beat the similar scenario in this version.