It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Warriors
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:21 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Holy crap this game is cool.....Image
THe gameplay is amazing...gang fights kick ass....the graphics are incredible...this game uses elements from so many games...and it just rules...

10/10 for me

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:34 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be

Great Fun movie = great fun game!

You know Walter Hill has got to be proud. A game that keeps the spirit of the movie right down to a lot of the stars returning to do their voice work. Hey - and this time - we even get to spend some time with Cleon.

If you loved or enjoyed the game, you'll dig this game. A slight learning curve with the controls, but one you got it, you are golden. Still based on the RockStar Motion Engine, the dynamic lighting and environment stay fresh. Clean cuts between scenes, smoth playing and the dialog and acting - as you expect - spot on.

Granted, not a game to play when the young ones are about, but solo or in an adult environment, a definate must play.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:52 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
Image :lol:

One of my favourite part of the movie.................... :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:11 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Beware The Creeper wrote:
Image :lol:

One of my favourite part of the movie.................... :P

right on...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:56 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
|z left on

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:28 am 

Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
|z left on

Showed this movie to my teenaged kids. They loved it. Although they started to wear strange outfits and keep odd hours. :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:05 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

DrMoreau wrote:

we even get to spend some time with Cleon.

This part of the game I love. As Cleon, the leader of the Warriors.. in the film we really don't even get to see what he's all about and I think its so awesome he came back to do the part in the game.

Post subject: Re: The Warriors
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I love this game and just beat it again this week. I actually played it before I saw the movie. I later got a copy of the Ultimate Director's Cut from Amazon and watched the movie and loved it. It's now my favorite movie. First it was Jerry Maguire, then Field of Dreams, then Accepted, then Benjamin Button and now The Warriors. I think I lean more towards some of the tough, grittier dramas now, but I still like the emotionally touching ones as well.

I give the movie a 5 out of 5. I was recently reading a summary of the book the movie was based on by Sol Yurick, which came out in 1965 (the movie came out in 1979). Let's just say it's VERY different from the movie. The names of the gang and members are all different (The Coney Island Dominators instead of The Warriors) and they're a lot less likeable. The Mercy character, I'm not sure what her name is in the book, actually gets gang raped, they stab a guy and the undercover cop is a fat nurse in the book that has sex with 3 of the guys, who all end up getting arrested when she yells rape after they start rifling through her purse. There's some other little differences too. The book seems to be more of a glimpse into the street gang life but the movie seems to portay the characters as these more heroic soldiers in battle trying to get home. They even mention in the intro to the movie how the film is based on the Anabasis book by Xenophon, where a Greek army has to make it back to their home territory by the Black Sea after a hard fought battle where their general Cyrus the Younger is killed in battle and Xenophon leads the troops back home.

I'm kind of glad the changes were made for the movie. The movie actually follows the Anabasis story more closely and seems to do a better job of making the viewer want to root for this gang. The soundtrack is also great. The game uses the music from the movie and even adds plenty of other tracks to it. The other thing I love about the game is it tells the whole backstory of The Warriors. We get to find out in the course of the regular story missions and flashback missions, how and why Cleon and Vermin started The Warriors and how they became "the best", as Swan puts it and major players in NYC to the point of being on the network of the Gramercy Riffs, the biggest, most powerful gang in the city. Rumble Mode is fun too. You can play as The Warriors or any other gang or mix and match and start your own gang, even using hobos, cops and pedestrians. The Coney Turf missions, which unlock cool bonuses, were also a lot of fun IMO. As soon as I get the chance, I'm going to watch the movie again, I haven't seen it in a while. I also plan on getting a poster or two of the movie and hopefully someday wouldn't mind checking out one of the conventions they do from time to time, maybe get some autographs of as many actors from the movie as possible. I even have all of the songs from the game saved to my Youtube favorites and have the movie logo as my AIM buddy icon.

What's your favorite song from the game? I still gotta go with Joe Walsh's In The City which Walsh co-wrote with Barry DeVorzon, who did the soundtrack for the movie. Oh yeah and here's some more info on the book, movie, video game and history of The Warriors. I like the guy in the video game when you're at the hangout who always goes "respect the WARRIORS" hehe, that guy rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_(novel)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_(film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_(video_game)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_(gang)

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:50 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

How do I make this my avatar?

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:55 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Or is there a way for me to use my AIM Buddy icon as my avatar here?

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Oh yeah and I give the game a 5 out of 5, by the way.