Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Who is your Favorite British Invasion Band?
The Rolling Stones 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
The Who 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
The Animals 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Kinks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cream 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Dave Clark Five 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
The Yardbirds 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Donovan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Herman's Hermits 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Beatles 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
The Spencer Davis Group 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Hollies 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Moody Blues 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Them 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other: State Your Favorite 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 am 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
Greetings All,

OK, here is an interesting question that shouldn't prove too tough. During the 1960's, here in America, we had a British Music Invasion. The question asked here is, Who Was Your Favorite British Invasion Band? Not who was better, cuter, had more hits, etc. Just in your personal listening choice, who was your favorite?

Choose from the Heart & Happy Posting,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:31 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I can't really pick one out of the bunch.

But some of the ones I liked more, and listened to more are..............

The Animals
The Spencer Davis Group
The Moody Blues

I am more into the 70's though, and even more into the 80s, when I personally was a young buck. :D

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:25 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
The Stones have been and always will be my very favorite band of all time. I have seen them too many times to count, I guess I could if hard pressed. I have traveled the US to see them when they are not near to my city. When they were in LA in 1989 I went to all four nights and I was worn out just from attending, but what memories!
I love a lot of the other bands, of course, but these guys hold a very dear place in my heart...

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:12 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
The Beatles...hands down.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

So far, it's the Beatles and the Stones judging by the count block. I bet there are a few members here yet to post. It should get interesting. 8)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:12 pm 
whitsbrain wrote:
The Beatles...hands down.

Co-sign.

The Beatles... and second place is not even remotely close.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:17 pm 
Frequent Mailer
Frequent Mailer

Gotta be the Beatles. Love the Stones, Who & Kinks but the Beatles started the whole thing...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:34 am 
The General
The General

The Beatles and The Stones were kicking around at the same time, it is debatable that the Beatles started it all....the fact does remain that the Beatles were the first to come over to the US. All the old time blues artists like
Chuck Berry,
Fats Domino,
Muddy Waters,
Smokey Robinson,
Bo Diddley,
Little Richard, and tons more,
hell, even Elvis ....all influenced 'em....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:44 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Beatles.

2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Who

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:44 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

The Beatles were good but you kept hearing them all of the time. :? I liked the Dave Clark Five. :clap:
They had catchy tunes. :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:58 am 
The General
The General

another dissenter and free-thinker!!! I never would have guessed it to be you BTC :lol: :clap: :rockon:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:38 pm 

Dont get me wrong, I do like all of the groups presented. :) Cream, Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. etc. but one of my
favourites would be the Dave Clark Five. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:16 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

Greetings All,

It appears as though the majority here, thus far, prefer The Beatles. Possibly due to the experimental and eclectic nature of their music. They were always just a little too pop for me I guess. With the exception of Revolver & Abbey Road, I didn't care for most of thier music.

The Who were more of a straight rock & roll band. Power and performance with dynamic front men.

The Stones were too, but much more into the blues and country flavor. Not to mention a disco cut or two.

My Favorite ... favourite for our British Invasion theme: The Who.

Have Fun & Happy Posting,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:51 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

i gotta say The Beatles. but mainly becasue i have heard so much of them./ of the groups to choose from, most i have heard only one or two songs from and i either liked or don't really get all hot and bothered to hear them...
i can't for the life of me see what is so great about The WHO. i only songs i care about are from this band is of the album "Face Dances" in 1981....
as for the Stones...no way. i can't see it. while i love some old songs like "let's spend the night together", "mother's little helper", and "paint it black" (sorry, but i like drug songs...), and "hot stuff"....that's all i care for before the "some girls" album in '78. i like a lot of the early '80's stuff especially "waiting on a friend". "tatoo you" was a good album. so was "dirty work". then a few songs rarely here and there through the '90's..but as i band i would say that i actually was a fan of..i can barely say it. i just don't generally like their music. just a few songs and that's it.

http://www.aiwfenergy.com

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:53 pm 
The General
The General

bobbyryates!bobbyryates! I can't get no (Satisfaction), Lady Jane, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Ruby Tuesday,
From Beggar's Banquet alone:
Sympathy For the Devil
No Expectations
Dear Doctor
Parachute Woman
Jig-Saw Puzzle
Street Fightin' Man
Prodigal Son
Stray Cat Blues
Factory Girl
Salt of the Earth
From Let It Bleed:
Gimme Shelter
Love In Vain
Honky Tonk Women
Live With Me
Let It Bleed
Midnight Rambler
You Got The Silver
Monkey man
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Sticky Fingers has a lot of drug songs:
Brown Sugar
Sway
Wild Horses
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
You Gotta Move
Bitch
I Got the Blues
Sister Morphine
Dead Flowers
Moonlight Mile
Star Star alone from Goat's Head Soup is a sexed up drugged up hysterical song about StarFU*&&rs in Hollywood and they talk about all kinds of stuff in that song.

My friend, I could go on and on about the Stones......you obviously haven't had the pleasure of their rock concert company or their LP's.....you should check some of these songs out......there are tons more that I haven't even delved into.....

as far as the Who......Face Dances is after their great drummer Keith Moon died! So you are missing the best of their stuff...if you only hear ONE Who album it should be Who's Next as that alone has Behind Blue Eyes, Goin' Mobile, Won't Get Fooled Again, the whole cd is one excellent song after another.....Bargain, Baba O'Reilly,The Song is Over, awesome album.....run to the record store!!!!
OK, I didn't mean to sound preachy I am just very passionate about both those bands, and of course the Beatles too.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:20 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Howdee!

OK - I haven't posted here yet - shame on me.

I haven't missed a stone tour since 1981 - Tattoo You Tour. I love the raw energy and near straight rock & roll show. Whether it's Stones of the 60's, 70's, or 80's, 90's, etc - it's still rocking. Keith is one of the best Rhythm men to ever play the guitar. Charlie Watts, like Ringo, prove that you don't have to be fancy/flashy drummer but you have to be consistent and keep that beat. They are both like metronomes - wind 'em up and let them go..

The Who - again - kick ass rock and roll. The Kids Are Alright, Tommy, Quadrophenia, Who By Numbers, Who's Next - just a solid band. Kieth Moon - one of my favorite drummers - played off time rather than on the beat. More of a Jazz style than rock, but mixed with John Entwistle Bass and Pete Townsend's guitar, it was symphonic percussion; a keyboard of drums.

Kinks, Yardbirds, Cream, hell everybody mentioned brought something to the table that was centrally the same but unique at it's core. All that is, except the Beatles. You never knew where they were going to come out from.

Meet the Beatles up to Beatles four was all pretty much standard 4/4 meter pop rock. But by Rubber Soul and Revolver, we had a completely different Beatles. We now had 3/4 Tempo waltzes, transmeditational sitars, Cabaret and vaudevillian flavored, and the emergence of psychedelic rock. These guys weren't pigeonholed into a style and theme. And with George Martin behind the board, anything and everything was possible. Because - after all - not only were the boys challenging each other, but everyone in the business. Hell, George Martin once claimed, "If it wasn't for {The Beach Boy} Pet Sounds, Sergeant Peppers wold have never happened."

Now, part of the Beatles mystique is that they stopped touring. They did nothing but original song studio albums and didn't tour to back them. You had to have solid compositions and pieces to be able to support that style of creativity and boundary pushing. I think it was Paul who came up with the idea of plugging into the board rather than amp to mic live mixing. What a revolutionary concept. Give everyone headphones and isolate tracks - brilliant! If they had to tour, write and record, I doubt the Beatles would have had the outpouring of creative songs that they did.

Now, on the flip side, non of the other bands were afforded the kind of time to write, compose, record, etc. They had to tour - or actually preferred touring - to support their records. As we saw, the Beatles eventually imploded where others are still kicking it out today. So, with the Beatles - Tons of great work in a limited time span. Most everyone else - tons of great work over their lifetime. Not that John, Paul, George, and Ringo did do good work post Beatles - but nothing that collectively captured the magic they had together.

Now, to get back on topic, which is my favorite British Invasion Band. Damn hard call, but going down the line to which songs I find myself humming - The Beatles. Which band do I play when I pick up a guitar - The Stones.

Personal Conclusion: Beatles & The Stones are tied!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:26 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Sympathy For the Devil HATE the song
No Expectations never heard it
Dear Doctor ""
Parachute Woman ""
Jig-Saw Puzzle ''
Street Fightin' Man not impressed
Prodigal Son never heard it
Stray Cat Blues ""
Factory Girl '''
Salt of the Earth """

From Let It Bleed:
Gimme Shelter not impressed
Love In Vain never heard it
Honky Tonk Women don't like it
Live With Me never hard it
Let It Bleed """"
Midnight Rambler """"
You Got The Silver """""
Monkey man """"
You Can't Always Get What You Want don't like it
Sticky Fingers has a lot of drug songs:

Brown Sugar hate the song
Sway never head it
Wild Horse don't like it
Can You Hear Me Knockin' never heard it
You Gotta Move """""
Bitch """"
I Got the Blues """""
Sister Morphine """"
Dead Flowers """"""
Moonlight Mile """""

you are right, i have not heard all the socalled good stuff. you got to understand..i live in the most GOD AWFUL radio market the world has ever seen. no variety at all!!!! and what songs i have heard by the Stones, Beatles, Who..i have had them shoved so far down my throat for the past 22 years by these stations, i don't want to hear another song by theses bands.
i used to LOVE the beatles..now, there is not one single song i want to hear of them because of what i just said about being shoved donw my throat.
i know, FACE DANCES was after Moon. but, that is what i like. all the songs you mentioned fall into that "shoved down my throat" category
really, you have to live here to understand just how bad it has been for the past 22 years....and with that, i have no desire to go listen to any of this. not saying i won't, but not on my own free will. if you give me the album for a few days, i would. but i just don't se me just sitting here listening to it.
it's the same way with me and movies..i watch the same movies over and over and rarely see anything new (new is defined as the last 20 years). cause i know that the movies i have seen, i like them and have no qualms about re-watching them. but i have no interest in most movies that have come out.
the most different (new) movies i see are on airplanes, cause i am then a captive audience. and sometimes, i don't watch them...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:36 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

i also have never seen the mass appeal to Led Zepplin.
anybody can scream and whine and moan for hours on end while somebody yammers on a guitar mindlessly.
i just don't see it.
then again, you guys probably don't care for disco and hank williams like i do either.....

but i do love me some good drug songs!!!...Mother's Little Helper.....that's THE song!!!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm 
The General
The General

Well, stop listening to the radio and get an ipod or your own CD's! I have collected albums and CD's since I was a boy so I have tons of them.....I like all kinds of music....Hank Williams, some disco music, I do like the Bee Gees stuff, but then they are not all disco, just depends like all music...Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald (who I saw live 3 times at the Hollywood Bowl!), Louis Armstrong, Sinatra, then I can go for some country, George Jones, George Strait, some Tim McGraw, Martina, in doses....also love classical. I just love music period.
That is a shame about your radio experience, I forget where you live, but you really need to stop listening to the radio there then!

Zeppelin is another group that is awesome IMHO, I have all their CD's as well. I will admit the songs they play on the radio over and over from their library are not always my favorites either.

OK, bobbyryates, here is Sister Morphine by my boys.....I love it, very bluesy rock.......

Link

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:55 pm 
The General
The General

here's another classic druggie song, Dead Flowers.....

Link

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:58 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

i got a bunch of cd's and for the most part, are tired of them. same with most of my albums.
i am computer dumb and don't know how to download for an ipod.

most of my music listening is on my DirecTv with the music XM channels. i usually hit the '80's, sometimes the '70's, and then 'the '40's channels.

i live right smack in the middle of North Carolina about 18 miles south of greensboro.

you said to quit listening to the radio...that's why i started back to listening to talk radio again over 3 years ago..

honestly, i prefer robert plant over led zepplin. i think the songs are better. i saw plant back in '96.
i also saw ringo starr and his travelling all-star band once too. it was a fantastic show. the lineup had ringo and zak, timothy b scmidt. burton cumings, joe walsh, todd rundgren, nils lofgren, and dave edmunds.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:03 pm 
The General
The General

that would have been cool.....now listen to the above since I found them for ya....
I listen to talk radio too....love listening to that and old time radio on my paper route in the middle of the night!
I also found a kick ass version of Dead Flowers with Keith Richards, Willie Nelson and Hank III and posted that on the video thread..

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

very unique sounding guitar cords on sister morphine...
ok..a user is singing a ballad to his lover..absolutely brilliant!!!
that is a good song. thanks for posting the link.

ok..dead flowers...that is good rock n roll music!!! that is great music. thanks again!!!

now see, if i had spent the last 20 plus years hearring this type of stuff on the radio, i might appreciate them more than i do. seriously, where i live you hear this pretty much everyday for the past 22 years:

sympathy for the devil
paint it black
wild horses
she's so cold
satisfaction
beast of burden

and if you're very lucky, you might hear:

waiting on a friend
emotional rescue

now, if the Stones (or any other older band) has a new album come out, they will play the new singles off it for a few weeks. then once they go off the charts, you never hear those songs again as they fade into the variety sucking blackhole of the airwaves....and then you only hear the same 'ole crap again...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

bobbyryates wrote:
i got a bunch of cd's and for the most part, are tired of them. same with most of my albums.
i am computer dumb and don't know how to download for an ipod.

most of my music listening is on my DirecTv with the music XM channels. i usually hit the '80's, sometimes the '70's, and then 'the '40's channels.

i live right smack in the middle of North Carolina about 18 miles south of greensboro.

you said to quit listening to the radio...that's why i started back to listening to talk radio again over 3 years ago..

honestly, i prefer robert plant over led zepplin. i think the songs are better. i saw plant back in '96.
i also saw ringo starr and his travelling all-star band once too. it was a fantastic show. the lineup had ringo and zak, timothy b scmidt. burton cumings, joe walsh, todd rundgren, nils lofgren, and dave edmunds.

What, no '50s on 5 for XM? You ever check out the comedy XM stations or even The Virus?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:40 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

i'm not big on '50's music much. unless it's old country. i would asume that that is not on the '50's channel.
honestly, between the '40's thru the '80's, the '50's is my very least favorite decade of music.

never heard comedy or The Virus. let me look into that today.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:11 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

bobbyryates wrote:
i'm not big on '50's music much. unless it's old country. i would asume that that is not on the '50's channel.
honestly, between the '40's thru the '80's, the '50's is my very least favorite decade of music.

never heard comedy or The Virus. let me look into that today.

Yes please do. Funny, I'm the opposite, I like all the decade stations except for the '40s. In fact, you're the first person that's told me they like the '40s station. Hey, there's also an old time radio show station on XM, I think it's called Sonic Theater. They sometimes even broadcast those TZ radio dramas recorded recently and a lot of those old radio shows before TV took over.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:44 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

i looked and didn't see a Comedy station. i got XM on DirecTv so they may not be carrying all the XM stations.
i do have the virus channel. i got to listen to it.

i love old stuff. man, i bet i got more stuff downloaded by Al Jolson (and the New York Dolls)than most people i know have ever heard. i love that type of music.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:05 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Okay. Well, I don't know if the numbers are the same on TV as on the XM radios, but if they are, the XM Comedy channel is 150. I think 151 and 152 are also Comedy channels, but with different names, I think one is Extreme Comedy or something. They'll also probably be changing channel numbers again since the XM/Sirius merger was finally approved and is supposed to finally be happening. Here's the article linkage:

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=443063

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:43 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

that line at the end about the al le carte...people can pay for ONLY the channels they want..just proves that the same option is there for cable and satellite tv. but the cable and satellite people are stupid to do this.
maybe the next step to be made is the WE THE SUBSCRIBERS start kniocking down everybody's door to get tv and satellites to be ran the same way. cable and satellite tv runs off satellites, just like XM and Sirius do...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:34 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Good idea. You into any talk radio? America Left, or Air America I think they call it for liberal talk or America Right for conservative political talk? Mancow (aka Manc*ck), Bill O'Reilly (the pompous douchebag), Howard Stern (hoo hoo Robin, I invented everything, tell 'em Fred), Opie and Anthony, Ron and Fez, perhaps the Kevin Smith/Scott Mosier podcast? Maybe a sports talk station?

Most of these are on XM, Howie's on Sirius, but either radio will let you hear him soon with this merger. Not sure if O'Reilly broadcasts on any satellite stations, but I hear him do a lot of ads on XM and sometimes when I have AM radio on in my car. I almost forgot, I think Martha Stewart and Oprah have their own stations now too.

Oh yeah and about your wrestling promotion. Do you have jobbers, like in the wonderful halcion days of kayfabe or is it just superstars taking on each other every show? Do you get to build up any feuds/storylines? Got any managers yet? Any announcers I might have heard of?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:38 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

boy, we are getting a bit off topic here aren't we? :D

as i deliver my mail everyday, i keep the radio on a local channel here in central NC. between when i get up and on my way to the office, i listen to the local morning team talk. then at 10am, they go of the air and i listen to Neal Boortz unitl he goes off and then Clark Howard.
another local guy (who is symdicated i believe) Alan Handleman is on til Michael Savage comes on at 7pm.

so, i get my politics from Boortz (i do support the Fair Tax idea) and Savage, investing and money stuff from Clark, and then a variety of things from Handleman.
Handleman might be up your guys alleys. his sunday night shows are music related with many guests. even on the daily local show, he has frequent guests like Ted Nugent, Garry Peterson from the Guess Who (i used to deliver his mail when he lived here in randleman a few years ago) and Carmine Appice. Handleman does not stay in politics, but does delve into it some.
you might want to do a search for Alan Handleman's website.

i don't listen to the guys you said. i have seen O'Reilly and Hannity and Combs an tv but don't watch them. (the Combs guys is on the local chanel at 10pm so i don't listen then).

as for as wrestling goes, i got some guys up and down the card some do get squished, some don't. i don't keep it an entire star studded lineup. but i try to keep it with quality performers at all levels.
i don't like managers cause they just want to get paid, too. that's more on my payroll to pay. i have had twop recently that worked the shows for free..ok.
no anouncers really. i did a show. and whoever i can get to do the announcing.
storylines...my last show on July 12 had a big one. i got these two younger guys..most people use them as jobbers, i don't. i push them. anyway, they have been on my previous shows in a sixman, a tag, a singles, match, an a singles bout that went to a 20 minute draw. so at this last show, i pushed it as a STREET FIGHT. this was the first time either have been used and promoted in a main event match. they were both excited and it showed. they beat the crap out of each other. i had blood on my mat, on the floor...one guy pulled out two cookie sheets and banged the other with it. then he did the same with a cheese grater. then the busted mouth came (not from the grater). they were all over the floor, including a snap suplex onto the cement floor. slammed each other against the cement wall...then outside to be slammed against the big metal door a few times.
the crowd was insane. a week later, i was still having people tell me how great that one match was and that the entire show was the best show i have brought to that building so far.
here is the link to the write up of that show:

http://pushingtheenvelope.freeforums.or ... -t834.html

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I think O&A were making fun of Neal Boortz, either because he badmouthed them or because maybe his show replaced their in one of their FM markets, not sure. I remember they kept going Neal BOOORTZ and like overemphasizing his last name, kinda funny :clap: .

Pretty coolk about the wrestling, is that show on DVD yet? I'd totally check that out. I'm not really into a 20 minute draw though (or 15, like they did in the old days of WCW, sometimes WWF). I'd rather see a winner booked for any matches, so I prefer at least one fall to a finish. As long as you have plenty of technical wrestlers and high flyers, with a few muscle guys thrown in, you should be fine and I'd definitely be looking forward to watching. You into this Ring of Honor federation at all?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:40 pm 
The General
The General

bobbyryates wrote:
very unique sounding guitar cords on sister morphine...
ok..a user is singing a ballad to his lover..absolutely brilliant!!!
that is a good song. thanks for posting the link.

ok..dead flowers...that is good rock n roll music!!! that is great music. thanks again!!!

now see, if i had spent the last 20 plus years hearring this type of stuff on the radio, i might appreciate them more than i do. seriously, where i live you hear this pretty much everyday for the past 22 years:

sympathy for the devil
paint it black
wild horses
she's so cold
satisfaction
beast of burden

and if you're very lucky, you might hear:

waiting on a friend
emotional rescue

now, if the Stones (or any other older band) has a new album come out, they will play the new singles off it for a few weeks. then once they go off the charts, you never hear those songs again as they fade into the variety sucking blackhole of the airwaves....and then you only hear the same 'ole crap again...

I haven't been on in a few days so missed this post initially, but glad you enjoyed those songs. That is terrible they only play those Stones songs! Nothing from Some Girls?(I put Miss You instead of Some Girls as the LP, slip of the brain....) No Start Me Up, oh my gosh I could go on and on again....I will try to post some more if I find some other good stuff......

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:10 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Miss You and Start Me Up are two songs that were overplayed around here for eons as well. but these days, they are not as overplayed as they used to be. i would say they are on the "very lucky" it was played list...

i am trying to figure out how to do this tape to dvd transfer thing now. if i can't figure it out, i will have to get help. but i will get it done.
i'm trying to be more self sufficient at all this computer stuff..

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:12 pm 
Frequent Mailer
Frequent Mailer

The best thing off of Some Girls was Keith's song, Before They Make Me Run. I was never a big Jagger fan, so my appreciation of the Stones has its limits.

As for the poll; The Beatles are way, way out front. If I had to pick a second place I think I would say the Kinks. Probably the most "British" band of the British invasion which had staying power up through the 80s.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:23 am 
The General
The General

Good God this has turned into a Stones attack thread!!! :x Keith's song is hardly the best song on Some Girls, but that is the beauty of polls and opinions---no one is ever right! All subjective... :clap:

Image :rockon:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:40 pm 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Wvxg-hV-0[/youtube]

I never knew this was Steve Winwood, although now I can easily hear its him.

TZ DZ fan