Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So

The Child's Play Franchise will get a sequel and a REMAKE, but with good news. the voice of Chucky "Brad Dourif" will return and voice the little evil bastard. This is great news, so not only do we see a continuing of the franchise through a sequel...the remake wont be as f@%king terrible because Brad Dourif who breathes life into a lifeless doll...will return.

Quote:
Sixth installment and rebootIn an August 2008 interview, Don Mancini and David Kirschner spoke of a planned reboot of the franchise to be written and directed by Mancini. They described their choice of a remake over a sequel as a response to the will of the fans, who "want to see a scary Chucky movie again", and "want to go back to the straightforward horror rather than the horror comedy." They indicated that Brad Dourif would return as the voice of Chucky.[20] In a subsequent interview, Mancini described the remake as a darker and scarier retelling of the original movie, but one that, while having new twists and turns, will not stray too far from the original concept.[21] At a 2009 horror convention, Brad Dourif confirmed his role in the remake. It was also confirmed in several interviews, with a tentative release date for 2014.[22] At a reunion panel at the Mad Monster Party horror & sci-fi convention, cast and crew from the original film confirmed both a remake and a spin-off are in development. Writer Don Mancini and Producer David Kirschner are working on a sequel titled "Revenge of Chucky".[23] Although the sequel will focus on Chucky and his killer doll family, it's possible that Andy from the first three films might return and his fate may finally be revealed but so far no other information has been revealed.

Nobody who enjoys the original wants to see this go in a new direction....yes I imagine everyone would love to see where the fate of Andy ends up.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
Might check out the sequel once to find out the fate of Andy. I only really liked the first one though. The rest I didn't even bother with. I'll probably rent the remake or watch it on cable to see it at least once if Dourif is in it. If you want to see another great Brad Dourif horror movie, check out a movie called Spontaneous Combustion sometime, where he plays a guy who can cause fires when he gets mad, kind of a darker, better acted version of Firestarter. He even sends flames through the phone in one scene with his girlfriend. Here's a review:

http://cinemassacre.com/2009/10/28/28-s ... tion-1990/