Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:56 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Neutral
As a small boy I saw the trailer on local TV:

MEN WITH FOUR ARMS WEARING BLACK LEATHER JACKETS AND SUNGLASSES RUSHED OUT OF GLASS TUBES TOWARD THE CAMERA!

Wow.

I never got to see this in its limited USA release. After many years I got a copy.

WOW.

It's a quasi-sequel to "War of the Planets" but stands very nicely on its own. Anthony Dawson aka Antonio Margheriti directs. Humans live all over the solar system. Rival factions vie for domination. The good guys and gals wear great fashions, ride in spiffy vehicles and fly spaceships to space stations and the planets. The bad guy uses....

INFLATABLE WOMEN to lure freedom-loving scientists and others so they can be shrank to tiny size and shipped off planet for exploitation.

This is nothing compared to the....

ARMY OF MEN WITH FOUR ARMS who all look like bikers in their black leathers and shades. There's even a rather convincing sequence on how these mutants are created with a man, naked from the waist up, being altered before being put in one of many glass tubes (a la "Lost in Space").

You are also treated to 1960's models of Earth cities, complete with Flash Gordon style trains shooting through tubes or monorails, ground cars you wish existed, futuristic cocktail lounges, complete with more mini-skirts and female entertainers in weird sexy gowns than you can shake a swizzle stick at, and lotsa spaceships.

But you're going to remember the FOUR ARMED MEN in those jackets, I promise you. Even in the hand-to-hand combat sequences, they are more convincing that you might imagine. All this on a low, European budget!

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

One moment that stays with me is when one of the heroes (or maybe an incidental character; I don't remember) almost gets QUEASY at the sight of one of the four-armed men. Usually the heroes of these space operas (unlike other SF stories) see things a whole lot stranger without giving a big reaction, so seeing that character react THAT way is a little odd.