My Mood: So-So
Now I will go bitch and moan some more...and cry like a little girl

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:57 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
SalvadoreVanBuren wrote:

Now I will go bitch and moan some more...and cry like a little girl

I don't see any reason to go and bitch and cry anymore. Really bro, its all good.
You already have enough tears flowing right here to keep Niagara Falls busy for a few weeks.

ImageImageImage :cry:

My personal favorite -----> Image

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:02 pm 
My money is on Scott to win it all. Dude has won ten in a row and has a great squad.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:16 am 

Well I appreciate the support, but I have had to make too many changes, even in the last few days.

Plus Chester Taylor, is now splitting duty with Adrian Peterson, so my RB troubles are too much to overcome I believe.

I have lost far too many great running backs, but yet I have been able to overcome it with timely pickups, and some good performances. I think my luck in that area is just about spent.

I do think I have a chance, but I don't expect to take it down.

Honestly I think I have made some good moves this year, and have proven a solid decent competitor, even with my total disregard for the NFL, and lack of knowledge.
I have undoubtedly paid some attention this year though, simply so I could compete with you guys. :D

Already looking forward to next year!

BTW- You may have seen Ryan, that I do NOT think I should have pulled off 10 in a row. BUT, I do think I was horribly unlucky in the first three games (0-3) with bad untimely injuries, and pitiful performances out of solid players.

So although I believe that I shouldn't have won the last 10, I do think if things "evened out a bit" early in the season, I would still be a factor in the playoff picture.

I have indeed enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and I look forward to the weekends.

Good luck to all in the playoffs.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:17 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Sorry, SVB!

OK, not really.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:38 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

f@%king pittsburg!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:43 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Yep, you mentioned playing me this week, so I thought I'd respond. Don't feel too bad about losing to Blitzburg, though. I lost to them myself - TWICE! :shock:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:45 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My money is on bkirby to take it all. Best of luck to ya, bro.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:54 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Thanks, SVB! As you and TZ DZ have said, I am also already looking forward to next year. FF is great fun (and very frustrating, too)...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:34 am 
I'll run the fantasy league for us next year like Scott requested, only this time I will PM everyone the league ID and password and not post it publicly so any shmuck can sign up. That way we can avoid outsiders and "ghosts" like BR to sign up and throw things off. Also, we need everyone to participate week to week unlike NYR! ;)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:16 am 

Cyril The Thrill wrote:
I'll run the fantasy league for us next year like Scott requested, only this time I will PM everyone the league ID and password and not post it publicly so any shmuck can sign up. That way we can avoid outsiders and "ghosts" like BR to sign up and throw things off. Also, we need everyone to participate week to week unlike NYR! ;)

I think NYR said he was having a problem with Yahoo ..... at some point anyway.

It did take me a bit until I learned how to use all the finer points and functions.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:11 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
It did take me a bit until I learned how to use all the finer points and functions.

Like the first 3 weeks? :twisted:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:18 pm 

bkirby wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

I know you are kinda joking, but there was some real bullshit happening for me then too.
Like Drew Brees scoring like 20 points in all three of those games, and one was like 2 points. What a joke.
Then I had Deuce McCallister hurt, and he never did shite in those games either. (even before he was hurt)

I know you beat me soundly in one of those games, but I know there was one fairly close one that I should have won, but the Brees fiasco/injuries killed me, and I lost by like 8 points in week one. :D That week, Brees got me a single point,and Tony G got me only 2, and several other "no shows" that got me less than 8 or so. I know after looking back, that McCallister got me a grand total of 2 TOTAL points in the 2 weeks combined that I started him.

Another interesting point about that jackass Brees, look at what he did for me in the first 3 weeks.
Week 1 - One point.
Week 2 - 15 points.
Week 3 - negative 1 point.
I promptly dropped that bush league bastard after the negative point. :D

Man did I pull out a squeaker by beating patton by a mere 2 points this week.
Speaking of that, I made 2 real bonehead decisions this week, and it almost cost me the win. Not to mention T.O. must have just went on vacation and showed up to catch only like 3 passes for 20 yards, then he said the Hell with it. haha

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:07 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Not kinda joking at all... Completely joking. :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:56 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
bkirby wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

I know you are kinda joking, but there was some real bullshit happening for me then too.
Like Drew Brees scoring like 20 points in all three of those games, and one was like 2 points. What a joke.
Then I had Deuce McCallister hurt, and he never did shite in those games either. (even before he was hurt)

I know you beat me soundly in one of those games, but I know there was one fairly close one that I should have won, but the Brees fiasco/injuries killed me, and I lost by like 8 points in week one. :D That week, Brees got me a single point,and Tony G got me only 2, and several other "no shows" that got me less than 8 or so. I know after looking back, that McCallister got me a grand total of 2 TOTAL points in the 2 weeks combined that I started him.

Another interesting point about that jackass Brees, look at what he did for me in the first 3 weeks.
Week 1 - One point.
Week 2 - 15 points.
Week 3 - negative 1 point.
I promptly dropped that bush league bastard after the negative point. :D

Man did I pull out a squeaker by beating patton by a mere 2 points this week.
Speaking of that, I made 2 real bonehead decisions this week, and it almost cost me the win. Not to mention T.O. must have just went on vacation and showed up to catch only like 3 passes for 20 yards, then he said the Hell with it. haha

TZ DZ Fan

One man's garbage is another's treasure.... :D

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:09 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:

Yeah, I know. Some people are just luckier in life than others. Case in point, Lazy and Drew Brees. The no playing bitch scored me a total of 15 points in 3 games, and once Lazy gets him, he goes on a tear.
Speaking of that, he is going on an absolute rampage tonight as I post this, it just goes on and on.

TZDZ= Unlucky with Brees. Image

Agreed he may be a treasure for you now Lazy, but 15 points combined for 3 weeks, is garbage for a QB, no matter how you dress it up. :lol:

Congrats on making it to the playoffs bro!, you clinched it this week, right???

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:17 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Yeah, I know. Some people are just luckier in life than others. Case in point, Lazy and Drew Brees. The no playing bitch scored me a total of 15 points in 3 games, and once Lazy gets him, he goes on a tear.
Speaking of that, he is going on an absolute rampage tonight as I post this, it just goes on and on.

TZDZ= Unlucky with Brees. Image

Agreed he may be a treasure for you now Lazy, but 15 points combined for 3 weeks, is garbage for a QB, no matter how you dress it up. :lol:

Congrats on making it to the playoffs bro!, you clinched it this week, right???

TZ DZ Fan

Thanks! Yes, I did. I agree with you, 15 pts in 3 games is garbage, but I'm sure I can top that with Vince Young's performances...I think he may have had under 10 in 3-4 games combined. In any event, I may have been lucky with one player, but you have the ultimate treasure of ressurrecting your team to 11 straight wins to lead the league - simply astounding! :clap:

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:54 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

SVB, this FF story should make you feel a little better...

I'm in another league with some music fans. My 10 year old played with us last year and is playing again this year. Not only did he sweep me this year (we split last year), but here was the situation going into this past week - our last week before the playoffs.

We have our league divided into 3 divisions. The playoffs are the three division winners and a "wildcard" team which is the teams with the next best record. First tiebreaker is total points.

Our three division winners were set. Next were 3 teams with the same record working on earning that last playoff spot. My team and my son's team were 2 of those (I had a 20+ point lead on them in points, so I was feeling pretty good about my chances IF I won my game). The good news is that he played the other team, so at worst, we're looking at 2 teams being tied - and maybe not even that because I'm playing one of the division winners (who has Tom Brady, no less).

So somehow I win. And my son wins. Yay, Kirbys!

I go today to see how the playoffs shake out... We've got our 3 division winners... We've got me and my son tied for the 4th playoff spot. I look at our total points. Me: 1179. Alex: 1180. I kid you not - one freaking point. And he hadn't even noticed - I had to come home and tell him that he beat me out of the last playoff spot by a point.

I subsequently informed him that he would be going to bed early for the rest of the week. :x

(ok, just kidding about him going to bed early)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:04 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

:clap: :rockon:

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Didn't know the whole "I hate the team I route for" trend had been going on for this long....nice. Redskins....and Dan Snyder....never fail to let me down.