Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:10 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
Finally saw the whole Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey card. Of the 9 fights, I liked 5 of them and really liked 4. Ryan Couture is definitely talented like his dad Randy was, but that was a little too slow paced for me leading up to the TKO. Roger Bowling's TKO of Ryan Saling was more like the kind of knockout win I like to see as Bowling got the stoppage in Round 2 and both guys slugged it out the whole fight. And the women's fight on the undercard was great too as Sarah Kaufman went toe to toe with Alexis Davis. Kaufman got the majority decision, it should've been unanimous though. Kaufman is supposed to be the number one contender for the title. Kaufman/Rousey would be a great fight. On the main card, best fights IMO were Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza's submission win in Round 3 by arm triangle choke, Lumumba Sayers' submission win by guillotine choke in Round 1 and the main event where Ronda Rousey gets another win by armbar submission, this time over Miesha Tate to win the women's bantamweight title. So Bowling/Saling, Kaufman/Davis, Sayers/Smith and Rousey/Tate were the ones to watch, the rest you can skip. Good card overall, Strikeforce fighters really seem to "bring it."

Ooh, top of the page. Don't think I've ever done that before, cool. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Wow, just watched Allistair Overeem completely destroy Brock Lesnar with body kicks and a body punch. I guess that surgery where he had part of his colon removed he never fully recovered from. Lesnar announced his retirement after the TKO loss. So, Overeem gets the next title shot against Junior Dos Santos. And Frank Mir gets a number one contender match against former champ Cain Velasquez. Only problem now is Overeem's blood test had elevated testosterone levels. Weird thing is from what I've heard steroids have not been found though, but it was enough for Overeem to be taken out of the title fight. Now the UFC owners are looking for a replacement for the title fight, which is kind of tough, because all the other top contending heavyweights are on the main card. Fans are speculating a possible Junior Dos Santos/Mark Hunt matchup. This is kind of a Rocky scenario now, where a lesser known, lower ranked contender will probably get a shot at the heavyweight title. Should be a good main card in late May. And the week before is the finals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament with 9-0 Daniel Cormier taking on heavyweight veteren Josh Barnett. Both are good wrestlers and both are hard punchers, so that should be a great main event.

Any Pride fans here remember Kazushi Sakuraba, The Gracie Killer? Man, this guy needs to retire already, dude's nearing his mid '40s now. And he's had all kinds of problems with his right ear, even having to have it surgically repaired and had been bleeding from it for years.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:31 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Now rumor has it Overeem might be tested again and be allowed to fight for the title after all. I'm not surprised, since the other heavyweights will be fighting on the same card, so it's kind of short notice to put in a replacement now. Either way, I just hope Mir can win his next fight and win the title and hopefully defend it at least once. So, if he can win his next 3 fights, I'll probably be happy.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:23 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

The latest is now Frank Mir gets the title shot against Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146 in the end of May. Man, I really hope Mir can pull this off.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Anthony wrote:
The latest is now Frank Mir gets the title shot against Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146 in the end of May. Man, I really hope Mir can pull this off.

UFC 146 was looking like an amazing card until Overeem was taken out. Then they switched every single fight around. The original card was...

Overeem vs. Dos Santos
Cain vs. Mir
Big Country vs. Big Silva
Mark Hunt vs. Struve
Shane Del Rosario vs. Gonzaga

Now its ....

Heavyweight Championship bout: Junior dos Santos (c) vs. Frank Mir[1][10]
Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva[1]
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Gabriel Gonzaga[1]
Heavyweight bout: Shane del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic[1]
Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve[1]

I do not like the new lineup. I'll be cheering for Mir but I think he will lose and lose bad. But anyway...this card feels crappy now. Still decent..but not what it was suppose to be. I hate Dana White

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I do too. He doesn't care about the sport, just about the UFC and will say and do anything to make the UFC big, no matter how much it hurts other organizations. They've proposed the idea of fighters not being bound by one company and there being one undisputed champion in each weight class, but, of course Dana and the Fertitas are against this because they're probably afraid of how it will make them look if their guys lose to someone from, say, Bellator or Dream I hope Bellator or some organization comes along to become real competition, supports the undisputed champion idea and makes it happen. I also hate that the UFC is still not supporting the female fighters enough. They're still hedging even though they now own Strikeforce and every female fight on the Strikeforce cards are exciting. Did you see the slugfest in that prelim fight and that beautifully brutal armbar executed by Ronda Rousey in their last show? I wish the UFC wasn't owned by such corporate douches.

I don't mind the lineup. I'll be cheering for Mir as well, as always. I think he pulls off a first round submission or second round TKO. JDS tends to run out of gas after the first or second round and Mir has shown to still hit hard in later rounds, even if he gasses. He showed improved cardio against Nelson and stopped Crocop at the end of Round 3. A past prime Crocop yes, but still pulled off the TKO. His boxing has looked better since the first Noguiera fight. He'll just have to avoid Dos Santos' bombs in the first round. And what were they supposed to do here? Overeem tested positive for elevated testosterone.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:24 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Anyone else here plan on watching the UFC on Fox main card tonight? I know I will.

Pretty good main event. Nice guillotine submission win pulled off by Nate Diaz. They were saying he will probably earn a lightweight title shot now.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:05 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Anthony wrote:
Anyone else here plan on watching the UFC on Fox main card tonight? I know I will.

Pretty good main event. Nice guillotine submission win pulled off by Nate Diaz. They were saying he will probably earn a lightweight title shot now.

I suppose he should get it, as it was a Submision of the night against Gomi...Fight of the Night against Cerrone, and another Submission of night to Miller. I dont think if he had got the best fights of the night that he would be deserving of a shot, since he lost to Kim Dong and Rory McDonald last year.
Pat Barry getting knocked out was a real letdown.....they were predicting he would get Knocked the Funk Out leading up to the fight...and he didnt let everyone down.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

So if that was the prediction, then why was it a letdown? Are you a Pat Barry fan? And I thought Frankie Edgar was getting the next lightweight title shot.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:32 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I heard Nick Diaz was a no show at a jiujitsu match. First he tests positive for marijuana after his last MMA fight and now this? This guy has some serious mental issues. No wonder he decided to retire from the sport at the age of 28.

At least there's a big Strikeforce event this weekend and a UFC PPV next Saturday to look forward to.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Oh yeah and in addition to Strikeforce and UFC shows, I'm in the process of watching Invicta FC 1, the first all women's MMA card in a long time. Saw some of it, looks like a good card so far.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Okay Invicta FC 1 had some really good and even great fights. If you're an MMA fan, do a Youtube search for Kaitlin Young vs. Leslie Smith. The women seem to bring it a lot more than the guys these days for some reason. Maybe they're hungrier and seeking respect in a male dominated sport, I don't know, but there seem to be so many more exciting female fights than male ones these days, a lot less of that "lay and pray" BS. I really hope Invicta Fighting Championships takes off as an MMA organization. Having former Elite XC and Strikeforce fighters probably helped their visibility too. Hopefully the next one will be televised and not just streaming online.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:34 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I just heard Fedor Emelianenko announced his retirement. His last fight will be June 21 against Pedro Rizzo, in St. Petersburg, Russia. I was wondering other fans' opinions on this. I say he's the greatest mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter of all-time, in this sport's short history. He was unbeaten for a decade against the best heavyweights in the world, consistently beat top 10 heavyweights from 2000 to 2010. His resume reads like a who's who of MMA, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Semmy Schilt, Mirko "Crocop" Filopovic, and the list goes on. It should be a great sendoff and a fine farewell to who most believe to be the best fighter and one of the best human beings, this sport has ever seen. I also heard he's starting a promotion in Russia which will do events that should bring in some of the best fighters in the world to compete. I really hope that happens so we can once again see the first real competition since the days of Pride against the Fertittas and Dana "The Douchebag" White.

I heard it's going to be called The Union of Mixed Martial Arts. I hope it goes well and is run by good, people, not selfish, money grubbing corrupt people.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showt ... p?t=550205

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:03 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Frank Mir lost his title match to UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos aka JDS. This saddened me a bit as he was one of my favorites. I doubt he'll ever get a title shot again. He'll probably be a gatekeeper at heavyweight unless he moves down to light heavy. And why not try it? It helped Randy Couture's career. I think if he hadn't gotten into that motorcycle accident when he first won the title in 2004, he might've been a pretty dominant heavyweight champion during that era. He submitted most opponents at will back then.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:19 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I didnt see the PPV but I saw the results. Yes, its to bad about Mir. There are just way to many dominant forces at Heavyweight for him to keep or win the title ever again. I've also heard that Brock Lesnar might be coming BACK to UFC, but so far sounds like a rumor.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:06 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

What do you think about Fedor retiring, SVB? Would you say he's the best MMA fighter of all time? I would.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:07 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Well now it looks like Fedor may not be retiring yet. I wish him well either way.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Next big fight will be Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen. I'm rooting for Silva.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:09 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

im rooting for chael. its no secret im a sucker for loud mouth obnoxious arrogant fighters. and since the last fight was such an amazing fight..ill be looking for chael the underdog to finally upset the longest reigning and most dominant champion in ufc history..or maybe mma history. of course i am still a big fan of spiders and will be happy with the result going either way. but secretly hoping chael doesnt tap out again. its time for some new blood.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I want to see Silva retire as middleweight champion. Also Ronda Rousey fights Sarah Kaufman in August for the Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight title. I'm pulling for Rousey in that one.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

StillValleyBard wrote:
im rooting for chael. its no secret im a sucker for loud mouth obnoxious arrogant fighters. and since the last fight was such an amazing fight..ill be looking for chael the underdog to finally upset the longest reigning and most dominant champion in ufc history..or maybe mma history. of course i am still a big fan of spiders and will be happy with the result going either way. but secretly hoping chael doesnt tap out again. its time for some new blood.

You must be as big a Frank Mir fan as I am then, since he has that reputation as well. Too bad he no longer has the chin to back up his words.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:31 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Great Anderson Silva fight, I called this, 2nd round TKO. My friend e-mailed me back and said "damn you got the result dead on." Local boy Chris Weidman looks to be Silva's next challenger for the title with a TKO win tonight, also in the second round, which just ended.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Wow, Ben Henderson retains the UFC Lightweight Title. I was hoping Frankie Edgar would win this rematch. I guess this is a new era in the lightweight division, just like when Edgar finally dethroned BJ Penn, who I was a big fan of as a fighter. We got Ronda Rousey's first title defense coming up, Invicta, the all female MMA organization had their second card, which I still haven't seen yet too.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Man, Ronda Rousey does it again. Another win by armbar submission to bring her pro career to 6-0. I heard she was calling out Cyborg after the fight. That would be an interesting one. It would be a matter if Cyborg could lose about 10 pounds to make 130. Fans give Rousey a good chance with her submission skills and with Cyborg likely being too drained after weighing in. This woman's definitely a rising star in MMA. Some say a Miesha Tate rematch might be in the works as well for Ronda.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Anderson Silva becomes only the second opponent to ever stop light heavyweight Stephan Bonnar with a first round TKO last night. News is his contract is up and he's looking to renew with the UFC. For how long is hard to tell at this point. Silva said 5 years after the fight. We'll see though, since he's 37 now, the best striker the sport has ever seen and the best fighter the UFC has ever had.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I just heard in January the last Strikeforce event will be held, therefore ending the promotion. I like it, they had some pretty good cards over the years and some fun fighters to watch. The good news is that the UFC will be adding the female fighters from Strikeforce to their roster and finally adding a women's division.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Cung Le KO win over Rich Franklin, oh yeah.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

That is good to hear, I wouldnt have expected tha whatsever. Good win for Cung Le, hopefully moves up the rankings. How fun would it be to see Spider vs. Cung

I will probably order GSP vs. Condit this Sat..and am not a fan of Carlos Condit. I expect GSP by 5 rd decision.

Also taking Dos Santos later this year in a rematch over Cain. Probably by TKO or something similar

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:57 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Spooky avatar. What's it supposed to be? I'd like to see Cung win one more fight and then beat Wanderlei Silva in a rematch. Whose your favorite or do you think is the best all time, Fedor or Anderson Silva? I still lean towards Fedor, more submission wins and a near 10 year winning streak and was lineal heavyweight champion for almost that long as well. Yeah, I like GSP too. I also heard talks of a Silva-GSP fight in Cowboys Stadium. I guess that would be like this generation's Ali-Ken Norton fight in Yankee Stadium. I'm looking forward to female fights in the UFC, how about you? Love Ronda Rousey, you a fan?

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Anderson Silva is better then Fedor I think because of how he finishes fights and what hes done overall, and still doing wile Fedor has really fallen from the elite status.
I have been waiting patiently for a Anderson "Spider" Silva vs. George "Rush" St Pierre match ever since I became hooked on MMA over the past few years. So has every single fan of UFC and fighting in general been waiting and finally (fingers crossed) a chance it will go down is here and I cant wait. Neither one of thse guys has lost in years and it will go down as one of the best fights in history. I dont expect GSP to put up his belt nor Silvas, and expect to see some kind of catch weight non title bout. Its to know both of these guys are pulling BS stunts like Mayweather and Pacquiao. Both MMA guys want to prove they are pound for pound best in the world.

Also how about Hendricks KO of Kampmann at UFC 154? That took me by surprise. Although many others expected it.

I havent been keeping up with upcoming fights and schedules but I did hear about Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machia. Sounds like a classic.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yes it does, I'm fans of both Henderson and Machida. I don't keep up as much either, but I at least check out the main cards. And it sounds like fans would rather see Silva vs. Jon Jones as that would be considered less of a mismatch. Anderson-GSP sounds like Silva would win easily because of a size difference and Silva's striking and finishing ability.

What's your avatar from?

And Silva may be better head to head, but do you really think he has the better resume? I think Silva will, if he beats Jones, possibly also GSP and Weidman.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:29 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Great Ultimate Fighter finale. Only 2 fights went the distance, my kind of card. Brutal knockout wins for Pat Barry, Roy Nelson and Rustam Khabilov.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Cain Velasquez regains the UFC Heavyweight Title this past weekend by unanimous decision. Nice going Cain.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:54 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Last ever Strikeforce event is tonight. I hate the UFC for buying out the competition.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I agree, even though Bellator is making a small effort. They are certainly the number two promtion now in mma. This all smells to much like Vince McMahon WWE crap\dominate the business aspect..he must be whispering in Dana Whites ear. There better be more free cards and ppvs in UFC now or the product will began to decline and fans will lose intrest...I noticed they dont claim that MMA is the most popular rising sport ever.
Actually I think it is more exciting then its ever been, so maybe we can see some better more stacked cards and exciting finishes.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Maybe, but I can't stand Dana White and The Fertitas. They also blackball anyone who badmouths the UFC, keep them out or any trainer's fighters from competing there. Such insecure, egomaniacal, lying douches.

And I've been saying for years the parallel between them and WWE. Not only do they buy out the competition like McMahon did for years, but also the hardcore fans preferred the competition to them and they still somehow won in the end. Ask any old school wrestling fan and they'll tell you that WCW (NWA Crockett Promotions) had way better wrestlers, even AWA had some great ones while they were around, yet WWE survived. Same thing with MMA, most hardcore fans preferred a Pride card to a UFC show, much more exciting fights, yet they went under because of the stupid yakuza ties and now we're left with this crap. Don't get me wrong, there's some good fighters in the UFC, but they need competition.

We need someone to come along that's more likeable, knows how to treat fighters well, not just like a piece of meat and can pay them a decent salary per fight, to provide tough competition for the UFC again. Preferably one that gives deserving fighters title shots, doesn't just throw someone in there because they draw, like Chael Sonnen.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:35 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Hey, first Bellator show on Spike TV. Looks like the UFC might actually have some real competition again. Pretty good show too.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I hope Bellator starts to kick UFC's tush and makes White and The Fertitas nervous. Would serve them right for putting an end to Pride. Pride was, and always will be, the best MMA promotion of all time. Probably didn't have much of a choice though. I'm rooting for Bellator though.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

If Bellator can start snatching high level or even mid level ufc talent it could work, but I am still debating if they can compete with absolutely no big name stars. If Rampage Jackson went, it could shake things up and Bellator would be taken seriously.

Co Sign on Pride. Those tournaments were the best. Great fights always.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

What's with that avatar? What's that from, those eyes?

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:52 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

StillValleyBard wrote:
If Bellator can start snatching high level or even mid level ufc talent it could work, but I am still debating if they can compete with absolutely no big name stars. If Rampage Jackson went, it could shake things up and Bellator would be taken seriously.

Co Sign on Pride. Those tournaments were the best. Great fights always.

Bellator has King Mo now and their other fighters are slowly becoming stars, so that should help and with their tournaments, fighters are actually earning title shots instead of just being given them.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:16 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Ronda Rousey pulls off her 7th armbar submission win to go 7-0 in her career and retain the women's bantamweight title. Nice going, Ronda.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Just watched the Ronda Rousey-Liz Carmouche match. It was great and a big step for women's MMA in the UFC.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Anthony wrote:
Just watched the Ronda Rousey-Liz Carmouche match. It was great and a big step for women's MMA in the UFC.

The funny thing is...early on about a month before the fight I had Liz picked as an upset the entire time, but right before the fight I decided to go with Ronda by submission. Luckily it was the correct decision. Its kind of hard to go against a fighter who wins the same way every time, but I'll be damned if Liz didnt come close.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yeah, great fight. I'm looking forward to Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano next in mid April and Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman after that. Which fights are you looking forward to?

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

To be honest, not much really. Many of the upcoming fights seem to have predictable endings or unexciting matchups.
Perhaps Gustaffson vs. Moussasi for #1 contender to Bones Jones title?
I expect most of the current title holders to retain their titles for most of this year. Having been a more serious fan of MMA in the past few years and noticing that fighters really only fight every 3-6 months I really enjoy watching certain fighters rise to main even status. So not excited about many fights upcoming, I will be looking forward to and hoping that..

*Michael Bisping finally gets a title shot

*Spider vs. GSP superfight, NOT Spider vs. Bones

*Pat Barry actually put together a winning streak

*More Heavyweight Fights, more emphasis on HW fighting (just my preference) Make a Super HW division, stop going smaller.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Yeah, would love to see super heavys, I believe Pride used to have those. I hope Silva retires as middleweight champ, I'm a big fan of his. I still say Fedor is better all-time, unless maybe Silva's winning streak goes longer. GSP looks to be fighting a few more years at the most before retiring, if that. Another injury for him, this time his achilles, same leg that was operated on earlier.

What do you think of the female MMA fighters? I think they add a lot of excitement to the sport. They usually provide the more intriguing matchups and are more likely to finish a fight lately. Current faves would be Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, Sara McMann looks pretty good too. There's also a transgender female fighter, Fallon Fox. A lot of controversy about that. Tate says she won't fight her, Cyborg said she would, but she looks pretty mannish herself and with all the steroids she's taken, probably has about as much testosterone as some of the men. And for more female weight classes, there's always the Invicta FC shows on PPV.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Mark Coleman and Dan Severn retire. I was a big fan or The Hammer and The Beast. Man, Severn actually managed to get over 100 wins in his career, you don't even see that in boxing anymore, let alone MMA.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:28 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I would have liked to seen Severn one more time in the octagon, thats unfortunate. UFC put him in the Hall of Fame years ago but never really gave him the respect he deserves. 100 wins? will never be duplicated

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Well actually it WAS duplicated, only once though. Look up the record of Travis Fulton sometime on Wikipedia or Sherdog. He actually has close to 250 wins, if you can believe that and last fought in 2012, so it seems he's still active. Speaking of retiring, two fighters I hope retire soon are Chael Sonnen (he hinted at it in his post fight press conference over the weekend and I just can't stand him) and Frank Mir, a favorite of mine, great jiu jitsu, 2 time heavyweight champion who looks to be shot, after he lackluster effort against the up and coming Daniel Cormier recently.

On the up side, it seems that if Silva can get past his title defense with Weidman, there are talks of a superfight with light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. I would love to see Silva beat Jones decisively, as I think it could put him in the #1 P4P (Pound For Pound) all time spot, especially after defending his middleweight title for 7 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Fulton

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next