Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:04 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
OK, seeing as I did not partake in these last year, and several have commented on how they wanted to see more of these (where we can discuss the weekly fantasy football events in our league) I have decided to once again try and post these every week.

REMEMBER**- These are merely my opinions. I don't claim to be some "football expert", as one goof bitched about before. In fact, my main interest in even watching football is largely for our league, and to make an occaisional big wager. I'm sure you can tell, that my opinions are done from a vantage point as to how it affects our league.
These are simply my take on the weekly matchups and events. The good,the bad,and the downright pathetic.
:dance:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TZDZ Fan Week 1 Rant™

Standings after week one- (I won't list the total fantasy points scored, until late in the season where it might come into play- barring an occaisional update)

TZ DZ Minions - 1-0
The Dark Horse - 1-0
Brooklyn Crackbabies - 1-0
Spittin' Whits - 1-0
Raider Nation - 1-0
R&R Razorblades - 0-1
Rebels - 0-1
DrMoreau's Lawgivers - 0-1
Derelicts - 0-1
DC Headhunters - 0-1

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS -
In whitsbrain's first fantasy outing with our group, his Spittin' Whits defeated DrM's Lawgivers 87-61. DrM's team was hurt by small numbers from several of his players, including 1 point from Percy Harvin and another measly point from J. Stewart. Both should have better showings this coming week. Also he was hurt by New Orleans' tandem Brees and Colston(who weren't quite up to their projections). I will mention Ryan Grant's injury later.
Whit had a couple slow spots, but was greatly helped by Rashard Mendenhall, Steve Smith and Wes Welker.
The rebels were beaten soundly by the Brooklyn Crackbabies. I suppose the main thing here to see, is the rebels made the mistake of playing BOTH RBs from New Orleans, Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. I advised him against this, as I would reckon a HUGE week by 2 RBs from the same team is pretty rare, and it showed. His arguement beforehand was, "I expect New Orleans to put up a TON of points and really light it up". This didn't happen, and even if it did, a big showing by both RBs should still be a freak occurrence.
Raider Nation beat the DC Headhunters 54-47. This low scoring affair, was essentially a gift win for Raider Nation, because the DC Headhunters lost QB Kolb to an early injury. This resulted in him getting zero points from his QB, and that ultimately cost him the game.(he only lost by 7) Another monster showing by Chris Johnson,(plus there is just alot of talent on his team) further solidifies my thinking that SVB should indeed make the playoffs, if he just makes a few moves here and there. His current team is easily the best group he has ever had to work with.
My TZDZ Minions beat alsunday's Derelicts by a score of 116 - 54. I was undoubtedly aided by strong numbers by Tom Brady,Miles Austin and Chad Ochocinco. Shonn Greene was a mess, and was no help to the Derelicts, as he got a resounding -1.Image Those 2 Monday night games,(that alsunday needed alot of points from) were both pretty sloppy. The SD vs KC game was a real surprise.
Lazy's Dark Horse defeated the R&R Razorblades by a score of 110-87. He had solid weeks by several players, including a real boost by Hakeem Nicks and his 25 fantasy points. I thought this matchup would be the closest of all, but the Razorblades were hindered by poor outings from 3 players, namely Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, and MJD.

EARLY SEASON INJURY REPORT-
Kolb's injury easily cost the DC Headhunters a win, but Kolb is expected to play next week if healthy.
The main long term injury that affected our league, unfortunately happened to Ryan Grant, who is on DrM's team. Not only is he a solid fantasy option, but he is apparently now out for the season.

MATCHUP TO WATCH-
This week the one I am most interested in, will be whits' "Spittin' Whits" vs. the R&R Razorblades. Not only is there a measly 6 point difference in the projections, I look for 1-2 of the Razorblades players to have off weeks (Cedric Benson, DeSean Jackson) but I also look for a couple of the spittin' whits to have better than projected weeks. (Wes Welker, Jermichael Finley) This will also give whit the opportunity to have a 2-0 start in his first season in our league, if he can book a winner this week.

OTHER RANDOM RAMBLINGS.......
TONY ROMO-- This moron might be the dumbest mfker to ever shite between 2 shoes. :ROTF:
That play at the end of the half against the Redskins this week was one of the single stupidest plays I can recall seeing by a QB. Christ, you were somewhere near your own 30 yard line, and that shovel pass was utter stupidity. WHY NOT THROW A BOMB? Even if something goes awry, it should be deep in the other teams territory.
Its bad when you might primarily be remembered for going out with the hotness known as Jessica Simpson. (she doesn't appear to be a rocket scientist herself, maybe that explains the good match)
INJURIES-- God knows in my very first fantasy season, it seemed as though I had a never ending string of sizeable injuries. I was able to turn it around, and it taught me to consider and make more moves as the season goes along. At worst , it made me a better manager.
Now, on the other hand, as far as our league goes, the one person who has to deal with HUGE impacting injuries, seems to be DrMoreau. Our regular league players will note, that DrM has historically had some bad luck with BIG injuries. They absolutely happen to us all, but DrM has had the bad fortune of having to deal with them early on in the season, to major "not so easy to replace" players. Before it was Tom Brady, now its Ryan Grant.
NOTE TO ALL, TZ now stands for I Told you Zo.
I figured (and predicted in the other thread) that Jahvid Best would be a good pickup, and he got Lazy 2 TDs this week.
Now, late in our draft, I also told you there was a huge sleeper laying in wait.
I had the fortune of getting Arian Foster in the 10th round. LOL- he picked up 43 points this week, but I opted to play Steven Jackson over him.
I would have gotten him earlier, but I thought he was long gone, till I noticed him sitting there just waiting to be plucked from the pool.
His performance is obviously not a lock on him being a top 5 fantasy RB, but its a damn good start.
Welcome once again, whitsbrain, to our humble little league.

Good luck to all this week in our matchups!

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:34 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
It seems every season at least 2 of my primary starters get injured in the 1st few games - not surprising the trend continues - but that's why girls don't play.

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory - lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
DrMoreau wrote:
It seems every season at least 2 of my primary starters get injured in the 1st few games - not surprising the trend continues - but that's why girls don't play.

LOL, the Replacements. Cool movie......I played an extra in the stands for a couple of those games they filmed.. because they took place at the Redskins stadium, Fed Ex Field here in MD.

Nice rant by the way. Clearly I made the right choice by not paying attention to my team, as that loss surely would have upset me I'm sure. 7 points? Kolb as my QB? HAH

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 am 

StillValleyBard wrote:

Nice rant by the way. Clearly I made the right choice by not paying attention to my team, as that loss surely would have upset me I'm sure. 7 points? Kolb as my QB? HAH

Well, you have to look no further than your own bench, to find a very suitable throw happy quarterback in one Jay Cutler. The Bears have some decent receivers too.
(FWIW- I think Kolb will be a decent enough QB, but I do think Cutler is the better option)

You do have a hole in your RBs though, with Beanie Wells. He didn't play last week, although it looks as though he may play this week. Michael Bush will play though, so you could swap out if needed.

Now, if you just don't want to participate with us, then I understand, no harm no foul. But theres no need for getting all butthurt, just because you take a loss here and there. You shouldn't take any of this hard, its all in fun as far as I am concerned, and $$$ or no $$$, I am going to enjoy it either way.
Its a shame bro, because you do have a solid team, and we all want you to participate.
(not to mention with a bit of tinkering here and there, you probably could make the playoffs)
This actually brings up an interesting situation for you in particular. Not playing for the $$$ part, is no biggie. But what you CAN do, is try and beat me, Lazy or anyone in particular as the season goes along, or possibly beat whoever it may be, right at the seasons end, thereby knocking them out of a $$$ chance.
If you ain't up for that, then you ain't the SVB of old. :twisted:

Now, I could see some conflicting interests with a Skins game possibly interfering with some needed fantasy points here and there,(just like with Lazy and his Giants) but thats bound to happen with anyone thats a diehard fan, and is playing fantasy also.

ON ANOTHER NOTE I purposely left off a couple of "rant traditions" this week, for several reasons, but look for a couple of oldies but goodies starting next week...... including the "Hershey Squirts Award". :ROTF:

Err, why hasn't lazy piped up here yet?

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:29 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I'm not Image over anything. I've played my share of fantasy football and I just dont feel like committing to it this year. The lack of computer use has alot to do with it, I play to win and I just dont feel like going through close games etc again this year, especially since I didn't get to draft my own players, and after last year losing so many because I wasn't able to use a computer and update the rosters, Its not so much about being upset when losing, its losing when you know you could have won, by simply getting online and throwing in another player, or knowing who to start. Thats all I'm saying. Sorry if you dont understand that. Like I said I thought at the time we were going to need teams so I joined for the sake of the league.

However, I am in the works of making the greatest trade in PTE Fantasy Football history though, (besides the BS screw job trade pulled off by that cheating bastard Cyril back in 2007) So technically I am participating.

Quote:
If you ain't up for that, then you ain't the SVB of old

Got that right. This year has been quite the wake up for me.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

DrMoreau wrote:

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:32 pm 

Dig up an old dead thread thread if you can SVB.

:ROTF:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:51 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Dig up an old dead thread thread if you can SVB.

:ROTF:

TZ DZ Fan

Needing a return to the Weekly Fantasy Rants please....2015 edition

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:44 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:

Needing a return to the Weekly Fantasy Rants please....2015 edition

I may not have time this week, but I will start a new thread, and include the current standings at a minimum.

Look for it shortly.

TZ DZ Fan