Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Here is how our board members are faring in PTE football after 4 weeks.........

TZ DZ Minions - 4 -0
Derelicts - 3 - 1
R&R Razorblades - 2-1-1 tie
Raider Nation - 2-1-1 tie
Brooklyn Crackbabies - 2 - 2
The Dark Horse - 2 - 2
Spittin' Whits - 1 - 3
Rebels - 1 - 3
DrMoreau's Lawgivers - 1 - 3
DC Headhunters - 1 - 3

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS -
The Derelicts beat Lazy's Darkhorse in a nailbiter, 91-88. It looked as though going into Monday night, it wouldn't be that close. Two pitiful performances by Ronnie Brown and Randy Moss, left it closer than it should have been.
The Crackbabies put a beating on the Spittin' Whits, 114-77. Something awful happened in Jacksonville this week, as not only did Mike Sims-Walker get whit zero points, but Indy's defensive clan got whit a minus one. :yack:
My Minions beat the DC Headhunters 97 - 63. That puts me on top of our heap at 4 - 0. I hope to give my streak I put up in 2007 a run, but thats gonna be a tough one.(starting in week 4, I ran off 11 straight)
Honestly, I didn't think I was going to beat SVB this week. Several noteworthy performances helped me, including a sought after 30 point day by Arian Foster. I was also helped by an unusually slow day by Chris Johnson who got a very low 4 points. When the DC Headhunters get to hitting on all cylinders, I still expect them to be in the mix come playoff time.
DrM's Lawgivers beat the rebels 82 - 64, for DrMoreau's Lawgivers :sparkle: first victory :sparkle: of the season. Hopefully DrM can get something going, and make a mid-season charge.
My buddy Ron, (rebels) this is his first venture into fantasy, and he seems to be getting a feel for it. He has had a few tough breaks,(and a few questionable choices) en route to a 1 - 3 record.
FWIW- I think he will more than likely be a participant in our league from now on. :dance:
Next- A f@%king TIE- I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Raider Nation actually tied the R&R Razorblades this week, 96 - 96. This is the second tie in the history of our leagues that I can recall. Basically it just makes the record sloppy, and would cause it to come down to points in the event of a tie at playoff time. Anyway, with the help of Terrell Owens and 30 points for Raider Nation,and a pathetic Miami Defense Image for the R&R Razorblades, on Monday Night which only got a measly 2 fantasy points we had a tie. I was certain that barring terrible luck, the Razorblades would pull this out, but the Miami defense seriously stunk up the field and cost the Razorblades what I thought should have been an easy last minute Monday Night victory.

Image HERSHEY SQUIRTS AWARD Image
I am afraid I am going to have to polish this trophy up and award it to the R&R Razorblades, courtesy of the Miami Defense. No matter how you shake it, the Miami defense getting more than 2 points, would have given the Razorblades a win, and 2nd place in our league. Those are the type of real "hershey squirt moments", that can haunt you later in the season at playoff time. :ROTF:

INJURY REPORT -
It appears as though Michael Vick will be out for a week or 2, although its a bit too early to tell. I don't think he was being started on a weekly basis in our league though.
LeSean McCoy is also hurt, but apparently played hurt for much of the game this week. This may affect the Crackbabies though, as McCoy is having a great season so far.
Jay Cutler getting a concussion is going to hurt the DC Headhunters also, as he was really coming into form before the injury, and was having a solid season also.

Image LIGHTNING BOLT OF THE WEEKImage
Ultimately I chose Derelicts' San Diego defense who scored 28 points, and helped edge out Lazy's Dark Horse by 3 points. True, as Lazy mentioned his team generally underperformed across the board, but that 28 points by Derelicts' SD defense ended up being a killer.More on that later..........

Image LOCK OF THE WEEK Image
I hadn't pulled out my "lock of the week" predictions yet this year, and I typically have only done it a few times each season. This week, my "Lock", would have to go to my match vs. the Rebels. He has been having trouble in several departments, and the only thing I have to do, is get a solid backup QB to slip in, and barring any unforseen miracles, I should have no problem this week.
Out of all the matchups this week, if I were going to bet on one, it would be me beating the Rebels.

OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS -
Defenses - Is it just me, or has this season been a wild one for the team defenses. I can think of 2 huge 28 point weeks so far in our league, and I don't remember seeing that many of those bomshell numbers for defenses over the first 3 seasons in our league.
Not only that, there have also been a couple of minus/pitiful performances also. Again, I am sure its happened before in our leagues, but I don't remember there being that many of them.
To be only 4 weeks in, we have seen alot of defensive oddities.......... or is it just me?
Congrats again to DrMoreau on getting your first win. :clap:
Being a competitive person, I remember how it was to be 0 and 3,the first season I played (2007) when we orchestrated our league for the first time. Obviously, its a bit more fun when you are "in the running".

Good luck to all this week!

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:25 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Miracle almost happened -- no points for Moss and a measly 4 for Ronnie B. If only one of my players caught an extra TD or kicked a nice FG, ran or passed for a few extra yards. It wasn't to be -- but you can bet I'll be back next week.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:27 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Yep, my team sucks. I'm holding a closed door team meeting...heads will roll.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:14 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
Yep, my team sucks. I'm holding a closed door team meeting...heads will roll.

Errr........ I just looked over your team, and I wouldn't say it sucks.
Strong WRs, solid RBs even good TEs. Romo and LT on the bench even. (Romo isn't firing on all cylinders just yet, and looks brain-dead at times)The talent is certainly there, but you seem to be going through what Lazy and DrM too is going through, and thats just a plague of underperforming across the board.
We all go through it, and fortunately I haven't dealt with it (this season yet) by multiple starting players, at the same time.

Our league tends to get interesting late in the season, as all do I suppose.
This year, it seems to be getting more interesting to me, down around the middle of the pack/standings a bit earlier than usual.

Question for Lazy - Does Public Menace69/Raider Nation know we are discussing the weekly fantasy events here on the board in these rant threads?? He may not know, considering I didn't do them last season........

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
I won! I really f@%king won! Holy shite!

Thanx for releasing Addai, Whit. :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm 

DrMoreau wrote:
Thanx for releasing Addai, Whit. :D

My thoughts on using BenJarvus Green-Ellis turned out to be fruitful, as I figured.
Now on the other hand, I thought Marshawn Lynch would be a good pick up also, and if he was playing up to par he would be. Considering he only got 4 carries for little to no yardage, that was a wise move staying away from him . (note he was traded within the last 48 hours, so they probable knew he was going, hence the few carries)
Going to Seattle may prove beneficial for him too, but the question is how many carries is he going to get over Justin Forsett. If Lynch can return to form from a few seasons back, he is a must start, but at the current pace he is rubbish.

IN any event, if Addai stays healthy and can get his hands on the ball in pass happy Indy, he is always a great RB to have, and is a much neded help for your RB troubles you were experiencing DrM.

Congrats again..........

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:53 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Question for Lazy - Does Public Menace69/Raider Nation know we are discussing the weekly fantasy events here on the board in these rant threads?? He may not know, considering I didn't do them last season........

TZ DZ Fan

I don't know. I'll let him know though. I told my cousin (Brooklyn Crackbabies), who also signed up to this board, but he's sort of preoccupied with his wedding in a couple days. He's getting married to R&R Razorblades.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW