Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:26 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Here is how everyone stands after week 6..............

TZ DZ Minions..... 5-1
The Dark Horse..... 4-2
R&R Razorblades..... 3-2-1
Raider Nation..... 3-2-1
Brooklyn Crackbabies..... 3-3
Spittin' Whits..... 3-3
Derelicts..... 3-3
DrMoreau's Lawgivers..... 2-4
DC Headhunters..... 2-4
Rebels..... 1-5

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS -
- Lazy's Dark Horse defeated my TZ DZ Minions 89-85. I would have to say that my squad was fairly dissapointing, especially in a couple spots, but in all actuality, Dark Horse was worse across the board. His RBs combined for a total of 8 sad points, but he was ultimately saved by a huge game by Jeremy Maclin. No doubt he benefitted by DeSean Jackson going out with a concussion. Speaking of that, I saw it when it happened, and it was one of the sickest "timely" hits I have seen in a while. More on that later.
- The DC Headhunters beat the rebels 90-72. The Headhunters actually went out minus a kicker, but still pulled it out thanks to solid days by Calvin Johnson, Tony Gonzalez and Chris Johnson on Monday night. This puts the rebels in last place, and in desperate need of 3-4 wins to try and have a shot at the playoffs.
- The Spittin' Whits beat Raider Nation 88-69. The strength of Tony Romo was a help here, and its a wonder. Tony Romo is a master at getting a TON of yardage and completions, but somehow he manages to bungle games up and f@%k away a win, which is even more magnified when he gets to the playoffs. :ROTF:
- DrMoreau's Lawgivers beat the R&R Razorblades 86-80. DrM had to have a bad performance by Maurice Jones Drew Monday night, and he was held to a low 5 points in a game where Jacksonville looked like pure shite. DrM hadn't had much in the way of breaks this season, so it was time for him to have one.
- The Brooklyn Crackbabies defeated the Derelicts 99-78. The Crackbabies had solid games by the usual suspects (Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson, and a couple of others) but the Derelicts lone bright spot was Ryan Torain.

Image LIGHTNING BOLT OF THE WEEKImage
This goes out to Jeremy Maclin, who got Lazy a much needed 27 points. This enabled Lazy to knock off the last undefeated team in our league by a mere 4 points.(my TZ DZ Minions)
No matter how you look at our match, that 27 points was easily the key in beating my squad.
And keeps our rivalry alive :dance:

INJURY REPORT -
DeSean Jackson took a brutal hit, and is out almost assuredly 1-2 weeks. Reports are saying he is suffering memory loss, and can't even remember the hit he took Sunday.
If you haven't seen it here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsAdwm7 ... re=related
Chris Cooley also took a concussion, and may miss time.
Antonio Gates had what was said was an ankle injury, but now it appears as though its only a toe issue. Could have been trouble for the R&R Razorblades.

Image MATCHUP TO WATCH Image
The one I am looking at, is the Derelicts vs. Raider Nation. It should be very close in the projections, and one team is 3-2-1 and the other is 3-3. This is going to be a crucial match as it will give one of these teams 4 wins at virtually the halfway point in the season, and will help to shape the early playoff picture.
The other interesting match, could be SVB's DC Headhunters vs. Lazy's Dark Horse. The projections won't be that far apart, and if he can fill his holes he might be in line for an upset. Lazy may have an injury or two to deal with as well. This would be another good win keeping the playoff picture alive for the lower teams on the totem pole.

Image LOCK OF THE WEEK Image
I'm thinking that the Spittin' Whits are going to be a lock against the rebels this week, once he fills in his holes/bye week players. The Rebels just don't have much premiere talent, and what hes got is underperforming. This week Whitsbrain should be too much, possibly knocking the Rebels further into the toilet and 1-6.
The Spittin' Whits have won 2 in a row, and this week should be three in a row, if things go like they should.

Good luck to all this week!!

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
You're not kidding. Maclin does deserve the Lightning Bolt of the Week, but I'd also like to thank the Rodgers-Jennings connection because they put up much needed points as well. Also NO D sufficed with scoring what was projected. I'd like to give my own Hershey Squirts to David Akers AND Hakeem Nicks. A couple of knuckleheads who could've cost me a win - Nicks with a big fat goose egg and Akers (that douche nozzle) misses 3 FGs for a shitty -1! Time for an upgrade.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:26 pm 

My Mood: Neutral
lazyboyx51 wrote:
I'd like to give my own Hershey Squirts to David Akers AND Hakeem Nicks. A couple of knuckleheads who could've cost me a win

Well, I try not to discuss my own match too much, and keep the rant more "impartial" in that sense.......... BUT!

You did actually catch a lucky break.
Reason - I actually logged into Yahoo before any of the games started,(which is something I don't normally do) and they had this Fantasy Football Live streaming show going on, and it took me right there.
In my mind, I was going to start Mike Thomas instead of Brandon Tate.
Now, one would think offhand, that Tate would be the better candidate. My reasoning = the late acquisition of one Deion Branch should have affected everything. The chemistry that Brady and Branch years ago was good, so one would assume that the defenses would have keyed on that, and freed up Tate more. Brandon Tate (if you don't know him), has all the talent in the world, he has good hands, can return kicks and punts, and is quick on the field too. That reverse he was involved in Sunday was a monster. Look for him to be a top flight receiver in the future.
Anyway- I ultimately figured that even though the above reason should be good enough to play Tate, I then thought further that Brady having too many WRs and combine that with the Baltimore defense,(which is always among the best it seems) made Thomas a better play in that scenario. Note that Thomas is emerging as the go to guy for Jacksonville, more receptions than the others weekly, although he hasn't found the end zone yet.
Now, I got caught up listening to the damn show, and didn't switch in time. Ordinarily, this would have been no biggie, but look at the numbers. Tate got me 2, and Thomas would have gotten me 8, resulting in an untimely "non-decision" on my behalf, which cost me the game.
Would I put Thomas in again in the same scenario??? Hard to say, but I had indeed made my mind up on that one, I was just too late. Brady just had a solid day really, but Tate was a non factor.

The bottom line was...... both of our teams played like shite though, no disputing, and you actually had more garbage results than I did.

Am I bitching......? nah, a loss is a loss and when its over , its over. It is what it is, and you make the best decisions you can, over and over, and at the end of the year, the one with solid decisions with what they have to work with, should be close and hopefully in the playoff hunt at the end.Its interesting to me though, and I get a kick out of it.

BTW- I didn't see any one team/group of players to give the Hershey Squirts Award to this week. Mostly I try and give it to a particular person that may have pissed away a matchup, and I didn't see any one person.
Had I squeaked out a win though, it may have indeed went to Akers. :D
I dumped Crosby this week too, for that matter. It was either gonna be Prater or Janikowski, and seeing as the Raiders can't find the end zone very often, I went for Janikowski who is leading the league in points as far as I can remember. ;)

This week is going to be interesting for me, and if the Razorblades don't muster up several players at WR, they are in trouble.
I have a big choice to make at RB also........ Steven Jackson or Peyton Hillis. Look at those numbers and scenarios. Tough one to call there.

Why one of the struggling teams at the bottom of our league hasn't made an effort to get a RB from whitsbrain I don't know. I think alsunday made an offer, but whit must have refused.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I didn't think Santonio Holmes was enough for Frank Gore.

I am offering one of three other RB for an equivalent WR. My trade bait is Frank Gore or Rashard Mendenhall or Ahmad Bradshaw. If someone wants Tomlinson, he likely on the table, too.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:55 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

This weeks matchup is def big and if my team actually comes to play this week hopefully it'll be closer in scoring than last week. It seems every guy I pick up for a week ends up not producing the way they did the week before.