Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:21 pm 
Offline
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 7778
Location: In a poker game somewhere.....
My Mood: Neutral
-Here are the current league standings for PTE Fantasy Football 2010 Image



The Dark Horse ..... 5 - 2
TZ DZ Minions ..... 5 - 2
R&R Razorblades ..... 4 - 2 - 1
Raider Nation ..... 4 - 2 - 1
Brooklyn Crackbabies ..... 4 - 3
Spittin' Whits ..... 3 - 4
Derelicts ..... 3 - 4
DrMoreau's Lawgivers ..... 2 - 5
Rebels ..... 2 - 5
DC Headhunters ..... 2 - 5


WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS -

-The R&R Razorblades beat my Minions 114 to 103. The f@%k known as Tony Romo was injured, and Kitna went in on Monday night. (he is arguably the better QB) This led to very little action to Miles Austin and a measly 3 points. (add in a dropped pass right on the goal line early on in the game) Then Eli Manning went huge, and it gave the Blades a Monday night victory, knocking me down into a tie for 1st with Lazy.
-The Rebels ousted The Spittin' Whits, 83 - 57. The noteworthy thing here is that whits team generally underperformed, while the rebels finally came to life. Whit has mentioned not being happy with his receiving, and it showed this week. For you to not get much help from Welker many weeks in a row, really sucks. One would think he would be putting up huge numbers, but he hasn't been a great help to you thus far.
- Raider Nation beat the derelicts 114 - 92. He got a huge effort by Roddy White who got him 34 fantasy points. White is one of my favorite receivers and seems to be as solid as a rock, he continuously puts up good numbers, and this week over 200 yards receiving and 2 TDs. The derelicts actually scored more than projected, and put up a respectable 92, but the mammoth 63 points by Raider Nation's receivers was too much to overcome.
- Lazy's Dark Horse beat the DC Headhunters 102 - 82. I thought the DC headhunters had a good shot at winning this game, but it boiled down to 2 things. Jay Cutler stinking up the field getting him 7 fantasy points, and Chris Johnson being held to only 66 yards and only 6 fantasy points. Now, seeing as they still lost by 20, its hard to say what may have happened, but keeping the #1 fantasy RB in the league to 6 fantasy points, is a hell of a handicap.
- DrM's Lawgivers lost to the Crackbabies 102 - 129. The Lawgivers actually had a great week, surpassing their projections by over 20 points. But the Crackbabies really got some help to the tune of 76 points combined by Carson Palmer and Kenny Britt combined! The Crackbabies scored a total of 129 fantasy points, which is one of the larger numbers that I can remember in the history of our league.



LOCK OF THE WEEK -
You should notice I don't have the little "gif image" of money being counted,posted by my lock of the week this week. :D LOL- The reason is my apparent "lock" last week, wasn't a lock at all and The Spittin' Whits lost to the Rebels. The Rebels finally had some good receiving, and that was aided by whit's guys apparently losing their way to the end zone, ;) and resulted in a loss.
Out of all the "locks" I have posted in the seasons I have been doing this, I think this is the first lock that was actually "picked". :twisted:


Image LIGHTNING BOLT OF THE WEEKImage
This easily goes to one Kenny Britt of the Brooklyn Crackbabies. He got the Crackbabies 225 yards in receptions, 3 TDs and a huge 42 fantasy points. This is even more breathtaking when you look into it a bit further, and see he was held out the entire 1st quarter of the game due to disiplinary action from an incident/bar room brawl earlier in the week. This is one of the bigger totals I can ever remember seeing from a receiver in our leagues over the years.


Image MATCHUP TO WATCH Image
The matchup I think will be a good one, is Lazy's Darkhorse vs. the Rebels. Several of the rebels' players are beginning to perform, and the match looks to be a close one regardless.
It seems that several of the rebels players are in pretty favorable matchups this week also, which could help lead to a victory over Lazy's Dark horse.
A loss by the Dark Horse as well as my apparent impending close match (possible loss??) against the Crackbabies can be important to the teams sitting at the bottom of our league.


OTHER RANDOM RAMBLINGS -
There is a group gathered at the bottom of our league having 2-5 records. These teams are The Rebels, the DC Headhunters, and DrM's Lawgivers. This is going to be interesting, as the 2 teams tied for the league lead (my Minions and Lazy's Dark Horse), both have seemingly close matchups this week. There is a good chance that a couple of the teams at the bottom can win. Combine this with it is also possible for Lazy and I to both lose, and that would bring the league alot closer in standings.
If any of these teams that are stuck at the bottom with 2-5 records are looking at a shot at the playoffs, they are starting to approach the "must win" territory.
SVB's DC Headhunters are in trouble though, as it doesnt appear he has had access to a computer recently, and with 4 players on bye this week, he would have no chance unless he appears out of the woodwork and makes some changes.
Lazy's team has won 3 in a row! Well done, now lose a few and let some of the teams with worse records have a chance.... :lol:


Good luck to all this week!


TZ DZ Fan

_________________
-"PLEASE FORGIVE LEO, HE'S NEVER HAD MUCH FAITH IN HUMANITY"-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
-Here are the current league standings for PTE Fantasy Football 2010 Image



The Dark Horse ..... 5 - 2
TZ DZ Minions ..... 5 - 2
R&R Razorblades ..... 4 - 2 - 1
Raider Nation ..... 4 - 2 - 1
Brooklyn Crackbabies ..... 4 - 3
Spittin' Whits ..... 3 - 4
Derelicts ..... 3 - 4
DrMoreau's Lawgivers ..... 2 - 5
Rebels ..... 2 - 5
DC Headhunters ..... 2 - 5


WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS -

-The R&R Razorblades beat my Minions 114 to 103. The f@%k known as Tony Romo was injured, and Kitna went in on Monday night. (he is arguably the better QB) This led to very little action to Miles Austin and a measly 3 points. (add in a dropped pass right on the goal line early on in the game) Then Eli Manning went huge, and it gave the Blades a Monday night victory, knocking me down into a tie for 1st with Lazy.
-The Rebels ousted The Spittin' Whits, 83 - 57. The noteworthy thing here is that whits team generally underperformed, while the rebels finally came to life. Whit has mentioned not being happy with his receiving, and it showed this week. For you to not get much help from Welker many weeks in a row, really sucks. One would think he would be putting up huge numbers, but he hasn't been a great help to you thus far.
- Raider Nation beat the derelicts 114 - 92. He got a huge effort by Roddy White who got him 34 fantasy points. White is one of my favorite receivers and seems to be as solid as a rock, he continuously puts up good numbers, and this week over 200 yards receiving and 2 TDs. The derelicts actually scored more than projected, and put up a respectable 92, but the mammoth 63 points by Raider Nation's receivers was too much to overcome.
- Lazy's Dark Horse beat the DC Headhunters 102 - 82. I thought the DC headhunters had a good shot at winning this game, but it boiled down to 2 things. Jay Cutler stinking up the field getting him 7 fantasy points, and Chris Johnson being held to only 66 yards and only 6 fantasy points. Now, seeing as they still lost by 20, its hard to say what may have happened, but keeping the #1 fantasy RB in the league to 6 fantasy points, is a hell of a handicap.
- DrM's Lawgivers lost to the Crackbabies 102 - 129. The Lawgivers actually had a great week, surpassing their projections by over 20 points. But the Crackbabies really got some help to the tune of 76 points combined by Carson Palmer and Kenny Britt combined! The Crackbabies scored a total of 129 fantasy points, which is one of the larger numbers that I can remember in the history of our league.



LOCK OF THE WEEK -
You should notice I don't have the little "gif image" of money being counted,posted by my lock of the week this week. :D LOL- The reason is my apparent "lock" last week, wasn't a lock at all and The Spittin' Whits lost to the Rebels. The Rebels finally had some good receiving, and that was aided by whit's guys apparently losing their way to the end zone, ;) and resulted in a loss.
Out of all the "locks" I have posted in the seasons I have been doing this, I think this is the first lock that was actually "picked". :twisted:


Image LIGHTNING BOLT OF THE WEEKImage
This easily goes to one Kenny Britt of the Brooklyn Crackbabies. He got the Crackbabies 225 yards in receptions, 3 TDs and a huge 42 fantasy points. This is even more breathtaking when you look into it a bit further, and see he was held out the entire 1st quarter of the game due to disiplinary action from an incident/bar room brawl earlier in the week. This is one of the bigger totals I can ever remember seeing from a receiver in our leages over the years.


Image MATCHUP TO WATCH Image
The matchup I think will be a good one, is Lazy's Darkhorse vs. the Rebels. Several of the rebels' players are beginning to perform, and the match looks to be a close one regardless.
It seems that several of the rebels players are in pretty favorable matchups this week also, which could help lead to a victory over Lazy's Dark horse.
A loss by the Dark Horse as well as my apparent impending close match (possible loss??) against the Crackbabies can be important to the teams sitting at the bottom of our league.


OTHER RANDOM RAMBLINGS -
There is a group gathered at the bottom of our league having 2-5 records. These teams are The Rebels, the DC Headhunters, and DrM's Lawgivers. This is going to be interesting, as the 2 teams tied for the league lead (my Minions and Lazy's Dark Horse), both have seemingly close matchups this week. There is a good chance that a couple of the teams at the bottom can win. Combine this with it is also possible for Lazy and I to both lose, and that would bring the league alot closer in standings.
If any of these teams that are stuck at the bottom with 2-5 records are looking at a shot at the playoffs, they are starting to approach the "must win" territory.
SVB's DC Headhunters are in trouble though, as it doesnt appear he has had access to a computer recently, and with 4 players on bye this week, he would have no chance unless he appears out of the woodwork and makes some changes.
Lazy's team has won 3 in a row! Well done, now lose a few and let some of the teams with worse records have a chance.... :lol:


Good luck to all this week!


TZ DZ Fan



Yeah I have to admit Britt really helped me out this week..to think I was possibly gonna take him out until I heard he was indeed gonna play but not start. Also I lucked out with Palmer having his best game of the year, all the other weeks he has pretty much stunk. Look forward to trying to force my way into the playoffs.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 am 
Offline
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 7778
Location: In a poker game somewhere.....
My Mood: Neutral
jcrm316 wrote:
Yeah I have to admit Britt really helped me out this week..to think I was possibly gonna take him out until I heard he was indeed gonna play but not start. Also I lucked out with Palmer having his best game of the year, all the other weeks he has pretty much stunk. Look forward to trying to force my way into the playoffs.


First off...... welcome to the board!
I didn't know if Lazyboy had mentioned I did these rants or not, but I started notifying other participants when they are posted,(so I shot you a pm out of the blue) so welcome to the fold. :D
I typically do these every week for our matches, but I don't think I did them regular last year. At Lazy's urging, I brought them back. As long as people respond and look at these, I have no problem keeping them going, its interesting to me.

Don't feel alone on the "might not start Britt bandwagon", because apparently alot of people in leagues didn't start him, and paid a terrible price.
Carson Palmer - I thought the guy was pretty much too injury prone and past his prime (because of that). Maybe he still has some fight left.
And I fully expect you and your squad to be right in the mix come playoff time............


TZ DZ Fan

_________________
-"PLEASE FORGIVE LEO, HE'S NEVER HAD MUCH FAITH IN HUMANITY"-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:37 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
f@%k Kenny Britt - that's all I've got to say about that :x

Anyway - my team kicked some ass this week so I am not disappointed in their performance. Against most any other team in the league, I would have had a win. BCB had the lock at 76 points for 2 players - 2 players - how the hell could I out perform that?

Anyway, last week was some of the weirdest football I'd seen in years.

Congrats on the win, jcrm316, and welcome to the PtE Gridiron Rants. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:07 pm 
Offline
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Deepstar Six
My Mood: So-So
Quote:
Lazy's Dark Horse beat the DC Headhunters 102 - 82. I thought the DC headhunters had a good shot at winning this game, but it boiled down to 2 things. Jay Cutler stinking up the field getting him 7 fantasy points,


For the record I did not want to start Jay Cutler at all but somehow my bonehead friend talked me into it. I was hesitant for the fact that I was routing for Washington but either way glad Hall had 4 big INTS that was pretty big history right there for the Skins Cornerback.
I got a slim chance to win this week but anything is possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:

Yeah I have to admit Britt really helped me out this week..to think I was possibly gonna take him out until I heard he was indeed gonna play but not start. Also I lucked out with Palmer having his best game of the year, all the other weeks he has pretty much stunk. Look forward to trying to force my way into the playoffs.



Good to see you posting bro! Keep it up.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
My other league is a mess now with Romo going down. I'm forced to use Carson Palmer, so he better do as well as he did last week, even 75% would be worthy. Gotta keep chugging along in both these leagues. Good luck to everyone - season is running nice and tight.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm 
Offline
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 7778
Location: In a poker game somewhere.....
My Mood: Neutral
lazyboyx51 wrote:
Good luck to everyone - season is running nice and tight.



Closer than you know............

At first glance, this week has been a good one for the league indeed!
It seems as though all four of the bottom teams in our league won, and in the process 3 of the top four in our league have lost. (or should lose)

This league is tightening up for real! :twisted:

DrM finally got some help from Brees and company this week too I see....

TZ DZ Fan

_________________
-"PLEASE FORGIVE LEO, HE'S NEVER HAD MUCH FAITH IN HUMANITY"-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:44 am 
Offline
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Deepstar Six
My Mood: So-So
Well looks like I may have pulled out a win in week 8 but at the price to pay of watching the redskins lose :(


Last bumped by TZ DZ Fan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:44 am.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB 3.0.11 © 2002 ~ 2014 phpBB Group
subTrails recreated by DrMoreau for PtE Forums.