Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Please note- Due to some personal matters, I do not have the time to devote a full "column/rant" to the weeks activities. I feel I owed it to the guys that are always reading and responding, to post something, so I am posting the league standings and point totals, which will be coming into play more as we get closer to the playoffs. I do assume we all know how the points work?? :D
I am opening it up (and posting this) for any of your thoughts on the league so far. Perhaps I can jump back in again before this weeks games.

Here are the current standings for our PTE Fantasy Football League. Image

The Dark Horse ..... 6 - 3 (911 points)
TZ DZ Minions ..... 6 - 3 (894 points)
Raider Nation ..... 5 - 3 - 1 (817 points)
Brooklyn Crackbabies ..... 5 - 4 (902 points)
Derelicts ..... 5 - 4 (706 points)
R&R Razorblades ..... 4 - 4 - 1 (854 points)
Rebels ..... 4 - 5 (705 points)
DrMoreau's Lawgivers ..... 3 - 6 (702 points)
Spittin' Whits ..... 3 - 6 (695 points)
DC Headhunters ..... 3 - 6 (693 points)

MY OWN BRIEF THOUGHTS -
Overall, I am very happy with the league thus far, yet again. I have made 2-3 decisions that were boneheaded, and one cost me a win. Although, one late gamble helped me get a win I might not have otherwise gotten.
I have had everyone on running back stranglehold in a sense, as it turned out that I drafted, (or then picked up later) 4 of the top 10 RBs. I didn't exactly try for that, it sort of fell into my lap.
I even tried this week to trade off Steven Jackson, but I don't think the R&R Razorblades saw the trade, or didn't like the proposal.
Peyton Hillis has been one of the better RB stories of the year in fantasy. But, I have had him on the bench most weeks in favor of Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster!!! Next season he most assuredly will be a first round pick.
Philip Rivers is yet another story, as he is having one of the best seasons so far, that I can ever recall in fantasy, and he has been plagued by a terrible "finishing" team, who can't seem to seal the deal. Note he has a tremendous amount of WR injuries (which certainly doesn't help his totals for the year either) and RB problems also.

I am also happy to have my buddy Ron "rebels" on board. I think he will be a participant for years to come now as well. :dance:
He isn't having a great season, and his RBs have absolutely killed him thus far, if you have paid attention. Its amazing he still has a (slim) chance at the playoffs all things considered.......

I look forward to seeing everyones comments, and maybe I can stop back in by the weekend....

Good luck to all this week!!

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:58 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Yeah, this season is going along well. I'm glad we have 10 teams and all participating at max capacity. Point totals will aid in tie-breakers for position/ranking which will determine who makes playoffs (top 4 teams). The pot is $90 -- I believe we have decided that the winner will just get the whole lot, rather than split it up. So this is a final confirmation to all -- $90 pot goes to league winner (decided in championship game).

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:40 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

If we have 10 teams at $10 shouldn't the pot be $100?

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:23 am 

My Mood: Neutral
PublicMenace69 wrote:
If we have 10 teams at $10 shouldn't the pot be $100?

SVB (who is the DC Headhunters), did not have constant computer access at the time we proposed this, so he didn't play for the $$.

No harm no foul, as the ones that paid can play for the $90, and he can play along with the rest of us. (Lazy and I discussed this in PM if I recall correctly - those who didn't want to play for the money didn't have to, but could still play)
You should remember, in past seasons this was never a money league, it started this season.
As far as I am concerned, this trend can continue, and we can even bump it up to $20 a man next season if everyone agrees.

I am also certain that alsunday "Derelicts", and our friend Ron "rebels" would go for that also, as we have been gambling now,for many years together. (although in poker)
If not everyone agrees to the $20 next season, then the same $10 per man is good too.
We can always discuss that next season. :dance:
If I am still alive that is............

TZ DZ fan