Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Here are the current standings for our PTE Fantasy Football League, after week 11. Image

The Dark Horse ..... 7 - 4 .. (1107 points)
TZ DZ Minions ..... 7 - 4 .. (1105 points)
R&R Razorblades ..... 6 - 4 - 1 .. (1089 points)
Brooklyn Crackbabies ..... 6 - 5 .. (1117 points)
Raider Nation ..... 5 - 5 - 1 .. (991 points)
Derelicts ..... 5 - 5 - 1 .. (839 points)
Rebels ..... 5 - 6 .. (912 points)
DC Headhunters ..... 4 - 6 - 1 .. (852 points)
DrMoreau's Lawgivers ..... 4 - 7 .. (910 points)
Spittin' Whits ..... 4 - 7 .. (846 points)

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS -
DrM's Lawgivers defeated my TZ DZ Minions 117 - 78. The cancer known as Drew Brees picked up a tidy 35 points for DrM and his squad leading them to an easy win. He also got solid numbers from Marques Colston, BenJarvus Green Ellis, and Thomas Jones. In fact, these 4 players would have been enough to beat my sluggish team this week. Adrian Peterson has been uncharacteristically slow for several weeks. For that, I am doing the unthinkable this week in fantasy football,and sitting his ass on the bench. Read on for more on that........
Lazy's Dark Horse defeated the Brooklyn Crackbabies 130 - 110. The Crackbabies actually put up good numbers, but it just wasn't enough. The combined 71 points by Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings (on the Dark Horse team) was just too strong.
The Derelicts and the DC Headhunters battled to a TIE , 76 - 76. The Derelicts looked to have a win going into Monday night, but his Kyle Orton only scored a paltry 12 points, while simultaneously Brandon Lloyd scored 13 for the Headhunters, etching a tie in their match. Note- Mike Sims-Walker did not start, and this ended up costing the Headhunters the match. Had SVB noticed this in advance and slipped someone else in, it most likely would have gotten him the extra points needed for a win in this one.
The Rebels beat RaiderNation 104 - 97. The rebels had huge numbers by 3 spots, Philip Rivers (having a monster season),Fred Jackson and also the Baltimore defense. RaiderNation was also hurt by Darren McFadden having a rare slow game, and also his Raiders defense getting zero. These things combined to help give the Rebels a much needed win, and keep their playoff hopes alive.
The R&R Razorblades beat the Spittin' Whits 115 - 54. Except for a zero at TE, the Razorblades had very good numbers, and the Whits had several poor performances contributing to this beating. Whit has had some WR problems, as have I, and this week was no exception. (your 2 RBs combining for 5 points doesn't help either) :( Been there and done that.

Image LIGHTNING BOLT OF THE WEEKImage
I am giving out this award this week to a tandem of players. (a first for this award???)
It goes out to Lazy's 1-2 punch of Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings. They combined for a whopping 71 points. Considering Lazy won his match by only 20, over the possible playoff-contending Brooklyn Crackbabies, this is easily lightning bolt material. I don't quite remember how he managed to get them both in the draft, but I had my eye on these two, since early last season. No matter how you shake it, Rodgers is fantasy gold for a QB. (I had him last season, I KNOW) Having an elite receiver like Jennings together with Rodgers, is just icing on the cake.

Image MATCHUP TO WATCH Image
The match that will be most interesting to me, is the Derelicts vs. the Rebels.
These 2 teams are sitting at 6th and 7th in our league standings respectively, and both need a win to try and muscle their way in to the playoffs, and fight for the title of 2010 PTE Football League Champion and the money. Image
I see some matchups that could go either way on those teams and their players, but the RB situation will be most interesting. I personally think the nod will go to the Derelicts, but if the rebels can get a big day out of Philip Rivers and (possibly) Vincent Jackson, then it could be very different.

Image HERSHEY SQUIRTS AWARD Image
Because of the result of a few things happening, I am giving this one out to SVB himself. If he had slipped any warm body into Mike Sims-Walker's spot at WR and this body managed to get one measly fantasy point, then SVB and his Headhunters would have eeked out a win against the Derelicts. (Sims-Walker did not start, and at last check isn't slated to play this week either with a high ankle sprain)

OTHER RANDOM RAMBLINGS-
This week I am doing the unthinkable in fantasy....... benching Adrian Peterson. He has went four consecutive weeks without getting 100 yards. Don't get me wrong, I expect him to have a good game against the Redskins defense. (who aren't necessarily known for their defense) But several other beautiful matchups, namely Peyton Hillis vs Carolina and Arian Foster vs Tennessee, look a bit better.
Brett Favre should just go ahead and retire already. He is becoming an embarassment to the league, and himself in the process. Enough said on that.
LeGarrette Blount is slowly becoming a "feel-good" story for Tampa Bay this season. He looks to have a great future, once they finally park the Cadillac for good. (did you see the spinning dive into the endzone this week??) I am really enjoying the success this season of TB, and they seem to be "for real".
I haven't looked at it thoroughly, but I am guessing either my (TZ DZ Minions) or Lazy's (Dark Horse) can clinch a playoff spot this week. On that note, Lazy is playing his brother's RaiderNation, who needs a win of his own for the playoffs. Certainly I will be rooting for RaiderNation to knock his brother off this week. :dance: But some of those matchups don't look good for you dude.

Good luck to all this week!

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
A few notes: A reminder that this week is Rivalry Week (again) -- good luck to all.

Regarding my draft, I nabbed Rodgers in the 2nd round and Jennings in the 4th. QBs drafted before Rodgers - Brees, P. Manning. WRs drafted before Jennings - Andre Johnson, R. Moss, Larry Fitz, Wayne, Calvin Johnson (aka Megatron), Marshall, R. White, M. Austin, DeSean Jackson. Of these WRs, only R. White and Megatron have more fantasy points than Jennings thus far. White actually leads all WRs in total fantasy points. As for the QBs, Rodgers leads P. Manning and Brees in points, only second to one Philip Rivers.

Finally, I was shocked to see another tie this past week. I honestly don't think I've ever seen 2 ties occur in one fantasy season.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:36 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
ARGGHH!!!! SONOFABITCH this keeps happening. I pray Walker plays this Sunday as I forgot that the week started early for Thanksgiving and the rosters cant be set anymore.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I score 100 points and I still can't win. Sad...and now I've lost Gore.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:51 am 

whitsbrain wrote:
I score 100 points and I still can't win. Sad...and now I've lost Gore.

This week was a wild one, especially for injuries. We had Gore and Peterson getting hurt, WRs fighting (what a joke), and a couple of losses that I didn't see coming.

Anyway, just a note here to the other league members--

I had a new rant about 90% completed, and due to an electricity glitch here, it was lost before I could post it. (you might not think so , but they take a LONG time to put together) :x

I won't have much time tomorrow to do another, so more than likely there will be none this week.
We can just bump here and discuss anything important.

OH, have you noticed anything about our league this year?? Normally by now, someone has clinched a playoff spot, and it indicates it right on the main league page at Yahoo, and this year, it hasn't yet.
Guess that means the league has tightened up a bit this year compared to past seasons. :dance:
Interesting......

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I understand the reason for no rant this week. I put a weekly update together for the league that I'm commissioner of and they take FOREVER to do.

And on the subject of standings, that particular league has 8 of 10 teams still with a realistic shot at at four playoff spots. I think the lack of dominating RBs and the mediocrity of QBs is the reason. The third league I am in also has 6 teams within 2 games of the first place.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:04 am 

Well, I must admit I feel a bit awkward........

I know I asked you to join last year. (and I think the year before that too, but I am not positive on that)

Anyway, you decided to join gung ho this year for the first time, and you haven't had the best of luck overall. :|
You lost 2 games by a mere 4 points, and another by 8.
Even if you had only won 2 of these three , it would have put you ass deep right in the middle of the playoff mix at 6 - 6.
What can you do though, I suppose thats just part of it.

Regardless, I am just glad you participated, and hopefully you will join us again next year, looking for a bit of revenge. :twisted:

I remarked offhandedly the other night to fellow board member alsunday, that I am rather sad that the season is winding down already, it seems as though we just cranked it up again. Image

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

It certainly has been moving along rather quickly. I look forward to the final 2 games of the fantasy regular season. Good luck to all vying for the top 4 playoff spots.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

It certainly has been moving along rather quickly. I look forward to the final 2 games of the fantasy regular season. Good luck to all vying for the top 4 playoff spots.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:57 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
I understand the reason for no rant this week. I put a weekly update together for the league that I'm commissioner of and they take FOREVER to do.

And on the subject of standings, that particular league has 8 of 10 teams still with a realistic shot at at four playoff spots. I think the lack of dominating RBs and the mediocrity of QBs is the reason. The third league I am in also has 6 teams within 2 games of the first place.

I'm super glad you decided to join us this year whit, and I hope you stick with us next season. Thanks!

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
cosign

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:33 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I thought I had a better team, but it just didn't happen this season. I'll just try 'er again next year.

I wish I had more time to stir up some football talk but my November was a blur and December has been even busier.