Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:07 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Going into the final week of our regular season, here are the current league standings for PTE Fantasy Football 2010. Image

TZ DZ Minions ..... 9-4 .. Clinched playoff spot
The Dark Horse ..... 9-4 .. Clinched playoff spot
R&R Razorblades ..... 8-4-1 .. Clinched playoff spot
Brooklyn Crackbabies ..... 7-6
Derelicts ..... 6-6-1
DrMoreau's Lawgivers ..... 6-7
Raider Nation ..... 5-7-1
Rebels ..... 5-8
DC Headhunters ..... 4-8-1
Spittin' Whits ..... 4-9

OK, just to be exact, the last spot for the playoff picture will be between the Brooklyn Crackbabies, and the Derelicts. The Derelicts need to win, AND the Crackbabies need to lose, this is the only way for the Derelicts to get in.
(for the real nits, DrM's Lawgivers could technically still get in, but he would he would need a ridiculous scenario to happen. -He would need the Crackbabies to lose, the Derelicts to lose, AND he would have to win and outscore the crackbabies by a MERE 227 fantasy points, to make a longshot entrance to the playoffs) It is because of the above mentioned reasons, I did not bother posting the point totals.

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS - (err, we should have nicknamed this BLOWOUT WEEK :wtf: )
---DrMoreau's Lawgivers beat the holy shite out of the rebels, 102 - 51. The Lawgivers finally put up some solid points, and the rebels must have ducked under the stands and quit about 5 minutes into their games. With the exception of Phillip Rivers, no offensive player hit double digits for the rebels.
---My Minions beat the DC Headhunters in another nailbiter, 99 - 44. Brett Favre should go ahead and retire like I mentioned in a previous rant. The guy occaisionally puts up good numbers, but he is starting to get embarrassing, and he didn't help SVB's cause any either. Mike Sims Walker didn't play yet again,further hurting the Headhunters, and I had solid outings from Michael Vick, Sidney Rice, and Arian Foster.
---The Dark Horse beat the Derelicts 114 - 44. Dark Horse had great numbers from his GB tandem Rodgers and Jennings. This alone was enough to finish off the Derelicts. The Derelicts were hampered by a pitiful 2 from Kyle Orton, 1 from Hines Ward, and zero from an injured Todd Heap. If he doesn't get some better numbers this week, he will miss out on a playoff chance.
---The Razorblades beat RaiderNation, 98 - 79, in what was the closest match of the week. The story here was easily Reggie Wayne. He got 28 points for the Blades, and that was the difference in the match pretty much. Neither of the teams had support from their QBs, and both were fairly close with their running backs, so Wayne was the difference maker. This loss also killed the playoff chances for RaiderNation.
---The Brooklyn Crackbabies beat the Spittin' Whits 121 - 97. Whits team actually put up great numbers the last 2 weeks, but he was just outscored. He was in fact, finally helped by decent receiving this week, and had he had some more along the way this season, he may have been in the picture for the playoffs still. (receiving has been my problem area also)

Image MATCHUP TO WATCH Image
As expected, there are actually TWO MATCHES to really look at. These will be the 2 that decide the final playoff spot. These are, The Derelicts vs. the R&R Razorblades, and the Crackbabies vs. RaiderNation.
Crackbabies vs. RaiderNation looks about as close as its going to get, from the early projections. (88 - 86)
The Derelicts (vs the Razorblades) are going to need a bit of help, as they are looking a bit behind. (76 -97) The Derelicts will have to make a couple of gambles, or get some excellent numbers from a few players to have a shot here. Not only that, but the Razorblades have won 4 straight!
I will not go any further on either of these matches, so as not to affect the outcome, in the unlikely event that someone actually listened to my dumb ass. :dance:

Good luck to all this week!....especially to the Derelicts and The Brooklyn Crackbabies, who have one last chance at the playoffs, until next year.
And congratulations to Lazy and his Dark Horse squad, and also the R&R Razorblades (who has rattled off 4 straight wins) for getting a spot in the playoffs.

TZ DZ Fan