Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Yeah, I know its a bit early...............

But now that the NFL mess seems to be slowly clearing up, theres nothing wrong with a thread to get some early discussion going.
I am all for a longer schedule, which was talked about months ago, but I think that idea has went by the wayside.
(HEY~! more weeks of fantasy football is never a bad thing) :dance:

I really hadn't stayed on top of any of it this year so far, so most of it is news to me.
I did tell fellow board member Alsunday and also my buddy Ron (who was the Rebels last year in our league) though, that there is no way the NFL wouldn't play this year. There is just too much money to pass up.
I expect everything under the sun to be done to try and get the league going this year, so I just plan on playing fantasy yet again. ;)

Anyway, I spoke with Ron moments ago, and he is definitely in for this season, and I assume Alsunday as well.
Fellow league members please speak up concerning the $$ this season. All parties on this end are up for playing for $10 a man like we did last season as far as I know.

Oh yeah, last season I mentioned how I thought Jahvid Best would be a great rookie. Well......... he did ok, and I still wonder how he might have fared had he not been hurt the majority of the season.

I have yet to look over any of the rookies/prospects this year...... but I most likely will in the coming months.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:59 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Yeah, I know its a bit early...............

Ya think? Just a tad......

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
But now that the NFL mess seems to be slowly clearing up, theres nothing wrong with a thread to get some early discussion going.
I am all for a longer schedule, which was talked about months ago, but I think that idea has went by the wayside.
(HEY~! more weeks of fantasy football is never a bad thing) :dance:

I really hadn't stayed on top of any of it this year so far, so most of it is news to me.
I did tell fellow board member Alsunday and also my buddy Ron (who was the Rebels last year in our league) though, that there is no way the NFL wouldn't play this year. There is just too much money to pass up.
I expect everything under the sun to be done to try and get the league going this year, so I just plan on playing fantasy yet again. ;)
TZ DZ Fan

With all this lockout talk still going on its kind of hard to discuss football but ya...I have high hopes for the Redskins season. Hey...the last time there was a NFL lockout...player strike....the Redskins went to the Super Bowl and won....so fingers crossed :)

As far as PtE Fantasy Football is concerned...I will be joining again with no expectations (4 straight losing seasons will do that) and I will be able to throw in the money this year to. Gotta get that economy going.... :evil:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:21 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Yeah I'm in again of course.

As for a longer season, yeah as a spectator it's all fun, but I can understand from the player point of view how that would just me more brutal on their bodies, and we'd probably see more injuries. Either way, as long as there is a season this year, I'll be happy.

And I'm in for $10 again.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
And still no LA Expansion Team again ... 17 years and counting

Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:21 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Mean
I'm up for a new season of Football and Fantasy football.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 pm 

Has anyone heard anything clear-cut on football this year?

I have NOT been following it in the news.
If we somehow don't have a fantasy football season this go around, thats really gonna suck.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am 

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Has anyone heard anything clear-cut on football this year?

I have NOT been following it in the news.
If we somehow don't have a fantasy football season this go around, thats really gonna suck.

TZ DZ fan

Nothing solidified yet. Meetings are taking place, but there is nothing concrete as to the status of the upcoming season. Technically mini-camps should be starting, but there has been no movement. The pace things are at I'd be surprised if there's a season for 2011.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 pm 

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

DrMoreau wrote:

Hey I was an extra in this film!!!! During one of the washington home games...I cant remember which team...and then I went up to Baltimore to be an extra in the stands for one of the away games. They basically tell you to "fake cheer" without making any sounds. Watched Keanu Reeves come out of the locker room and somebody told him to "Break a Leg." Thats inspiring.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:15 pm 

AP sources: Club execs to be briefed if deal OK'd

Two people familiar with talks to end the NFL lockout tell The Associated Press that if an agreement is ratified by Thursday, team executives will be briefed starting that day on how the deal's terms affect league business.

The people said the league's 32 clubs were told Monday that topics would include the rookie salary system and guidelines for player transactions. They spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the process is supposed to remain confidential.

Owners are scheduled to hold a special meeting in Atlanta on Thursday, when they could ratify a new labor contract - if one is reached by then. Club executives would be briefed in Atlanta on Thursday and Friday.

Any tentative agreement also must be approved by players, including star quarterbacks Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and the other plaintiffs in a federal antitrust suit against the league.

Members of the NFL Players Association's executive committee and representatives of every team were heading to Washington by Wednesday, in preparation for a possible vote.

NFLPA spokesman George Atallah said the players would be gathering ``with the hope they have something to look at, and with the hope we can move forward on this.''

Lawyers for the NFLPA and owners met Monday at a Manhattan law firm to work on ending the four-month lockout, the sport's first work stoppage since 1987. They were joined in the afternoon by the court-appointed mediator, U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan.

``The lawyers are hard at work in New York with the language and some of the things we agreed to last week,'' Atallah said in Washington. ``As for face-to-face meetings between the principals, we will do that as necessary.''

One issue standing in the way of a resolution, according to one person from each side of the dispute who also spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity: Players want owners to turn over $320 million in benefits that weren't paid during the 2010 season. Because there was no salary cap that season, the old collective bargaining agreement said NFL teams were not required to pay those benefits.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith spoke to each other on the telephone Monday and were planning to keep in regular contact.

At federal court in Minnesota, where the players' antitrust suit is pending, their lawyers filed a motion asking for a summary judgment that the lockout is illegal and that players are entitled to damages. The NFL, meanwhile, asked the court for a week's extension to file their formal response to the lawsuit; the original deadline was Monday.

Those filings were necessary, procedural moves - ones that would be rendered moot if an agreement is reached before the Aug. 29 hearing date in Minnesota.

Atallah called the players' filing ``an obligation to protect the members of the class.''

``Obviously, if we come to a settlement, it all can be lifted at any time,'' he said.

Players and owners have come up with the framework of an agreement that resolves most of their differences.

The areas they've figured out include:

- how the more than $9 billion in annual league revenues will be divided, with somewhere from 46.5 to 48.5 percent going to players, depending on how much the total take from TV contracts and other sources rises or falls;

- a structure for rookie contracts that will rein in soaring salaries for high first-round draft picks;

- free agency rules that allow most four-year veterans to negotiate with any team;

- a cap of about $120 million per team for player salaries in 2011, with about another $20 million per team in benefits.

The lockout began March 12, when negotiations broke down and the old CBA expired. The NFLPA announced it was dissolving itself and would no longer be a union that could bargain for all players under labor law, instead saying it was now a trade association. That allowed players to take their chances against the NFL in federal court under antitrust law.

The sides are trying to forge a new deal in time to keep the preseason completely intact. The exhibition opener is scheduled to be the Hall of Fame game between the St. Louis Rams and Chicago Bears on Aug. 7, and as of Sunday, no preseason games had been canceled.

The regular season opener is scheduled for Sept. 8, when the Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers are to host the New Orleans Saints.

``Nobody cheers for you at Mile 25 of a marathon. You still have to cross the finish line,'' the NFLPA's Atallah said. ``There still are things that can get you tripped up, and we're going to push through.''

---------------------------------------------------------

Well, I figured this should be posted in this thread (instead of the lockout one), because we all know the most important thing about this lockout/strike bullshit is how it affects our fantasy football league.
When will these guys learn, PTE, PTE, PTE. Thats whats important.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:39 pm 

bout f@%king time

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:35 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Deal is made, lets get this thing rolling!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:47 pm 

alsunday wrote:

cosign

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
alsunday wrote:

cosign

League set up. Emails have been sent. Join when ready!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:37 pm 

OK, Lazy and I are already signed up............

I have spoken with Ron (the rebels last season) and fellow board member alsunday.
Both are in for the $10 ....... and both will play for $20 if everyone wants that also.

Ron is currently in the Philippines, but will be back in roughly two weeks.

Let me know when lazy, and the mail can be headed your way soon.

I am assuming everyone that took part last season is in again this season as well.
Last word I heard was that SVB is in for the $$ this year also.

I'm ready to get this started again boys!

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I'm back in. I will accept email invitation as soon as possible.

I need to redeem myself after last year's debacle.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

The draft says Sept 3 Saturday 9:45 am....and having never once been in a draft before...I say bullshite. I would like to get in on it for once in my life...so can we switch that up to something more acceptable. Like evening time perhaps...

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:38 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

StillValleyBard wrote:
The draft says Sept 3 Saturday 9:45 am....and having never once been in a draft before...I say bullshite. I would like to get in on it for once in my life...so can we switch that up to something more acceptable. Like evening time perhaps...

Draft date and time are totally tentative. It can be changed; I like to try to get as many people in it as possible. The Sept. 3rd date only has 9am, no evenings. But if we change the day, evenings could be a possibility. If everyone wants to post here which days/times are good for them, perhaps we can come to an agreement that brings about the most people to this draft.

Whit, glad you'll be back. An invitation should have already been sent to you. Looking forward to your sign-up.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 am 

For the last 3 years (or that I can remember), we have historically had our drafts somewhere around 7- 7:30 p.m. Eastern

Now, that aside, I am fairly certain that several times we agreed on a Friday evening also.
I am thinking that last year it was actually held on another night though, and not on a Friday.

Either way, it SHOULDN'T be held on a Thursday night, as that will factor out fellow board member Alsunday... and I as well. This might also affect my buddy Ron (the rebels last season) as we play poker pretty much every Thursday night, Alsunday always attends and Ron often attends.

Either way, I am good to go with pretty much any night but Thursday, as that night might keep as many as 3 of us in one fell swoop from drafting.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:44 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Just checked the dates/times...apparently evenings/night times opened for saturday sept. 3rd. As of now I kept the date but changed the time to 8pm. Looking for consensus...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:07 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Just checked the dates/times...apparently evenings/night times opened for saturday sept. 3rd. As of now I kept the date but changed the time to 8pm. Looking for consensus...

Saturday is alright, but an earlier time if possible. It is going to be almost impossible to be near a computer anytime past 8pm. weekdays might be easier..if its from 8-9.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 am 

StillValleyBard wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Saturday is alright, but an earlier time if possible. It is going to be almost impossible to be near a computer anytime past 8pm. weekdays might be easier..if its from 8-9.

OK, why not that Friday night then...? (Friday the 2nd) Last night Alsunday said Fridays are better for him than Saturdays, as he is working nearly every Saturday.
One is as good as the other for me really.
I don't know what works for Ron, but with this much notice, I am sure he can make something happen, especially if its a better night for everyone involved.
From what I know of DrM and his schedules and travelling, I don't think there is too much difference between Fridays and Saturdays for him either. (If he is in town that is)
In fact, Fridays might* even be better for him also, as I know he occaisionally brings the family out on the weekends.

Need a response from Whit here also. ;)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

In all likelihood, I'll probably just end up missing it again like I have the past 4 years lol, but I am fine with anything that doesn't go late or on weekends.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:29 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Friday and Saturday work for me

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Weeknights are fine for me, but it would be later. Speaking for my brother and myself, we both work late, so essentially the draft won't start until at least 9pm no matter what day of the week it is.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:13 am 

Either day works

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:06 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
Either day works

You still need to sign up sir!

Draft is currently set for Friday September 2 at 8:15pm.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:34 am 

Done

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:52 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
Done

Excellent! The only team left to join is Ron's Rebels.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 pm 

Ron left for the Phillipines about one week back. He isn't supposed to be back until the 12th or the 14th, somewhere in that vicinity.

The last I spoke with him, he was interested in playing again so it shouldn't be a problem, and the league should be full.

I am assuming the plan is for $10 a head?
Me , Alsunday and Ron will all play for $20 if you guys decide to bump it up a notch. The last time I spoke with them together about it, that was the case anyhow.

Can't wait to get this going again.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:43 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Ok cool. Yeah $10/person is fine with me. Doesn't matter to me if we bump it, but if others prefer to stick with $10 I'm good with it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:49 am 

I spoke with Ron yesterday, after he returned from the Phillipines.

He is definitely in , and will participate in our league again.
I asked him if he was good for $20, and he said either is fine for him, $10 or $20 either one.

Lazy - check with the group near you in our league, and see what they want to do concerning the $$ amount.

I will most likely mail it to you late next week or early the week after. It will be next Thursday until I see Alsunday and or Ron again.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:20 pm 

Yeah Ron!

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Regarding money pot, the rest of the players said it doesn't matter to them - whatever the majority goes with. So if its $10, good. If its $20 also good. How about SVB? Whit? Who wants $10 and who wants $20?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

doesn't matter. $10 or $20 is good.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Once again, I am not looking forward to this. :(

lazyboyx51 wrote:
How about SVB? Who wants $10 and who wants $20?

My cheap broke ass would prefer $10, as I just started fall classes and they are expensive as f@%k. Not to mention rent.......
f@%k it, I'll just blame the economy.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:37 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

What time is the draft again? September 2nd... (Apollo 18 premiere! :o ) at what time?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:41 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Friday Sept. 2 at 8:15pm. It's the best I could do for an evening time that's not too late but enough that a couple of us are out of work. Though I forgot about Dr. M out on the west coast. Hope it doesn't screw him too badly....

Money-wise I'm cool with either. Honestly if $10 is better for SVB, then we should keep it there. Last season, he didn't even do it for any cash, so I think if we can get him in for $10, we should stick with that.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 am 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Friday Sept. 2 at 8:15pm. It's the best I could do for an evening time that's not too late but enough that a couple of us are out of work. Though I forgot about Dr. M out on the west coast. Hope it doesn't screw him too badly....

Me too ;) Thank god for the draft que

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Me too ;) Thank god for the draft que

Well if you're not busy with meetings or in transit, maybe you can have the draft in your toolbar to periodically check when it's your pick.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:15 pm 

Sounds like next Friday is a good day to work from the home office :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:33 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
Sounds like next Friday is a good day to work from the home office :D

:clap: Dude.... ;) Good deal!

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:08 pm 

Can't wait for the draft this week........... :sparkle: :dance: :sparkle:

I know several of us on this end were without power because of the hurricane.
I got it back, and so did Ron.

I am pretty sure Alsunday is still without it though....... :(

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Can't wait for the draft this week........... :sparkle: :dance: :sparkle:

I know several of us on this end were without power because of the hurricane.
I got it back, and so did Ron.

I am pretty sure Alsunday is still without it though....... :(

TZ DZ Fan

Wasn't aware your southern VA hick ass even had electricity yet, thought you people still used candles down there. Horse and Buggy...etc :P

Richmond Gentlemen....

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Power has been restored!!! Finally!

Just in time for this draft Friday night. Looking forward to it too. I had an auction draft scheduled for Sunday morning, no money involved so didn't care that I missed it, but still would've been fun to do stuck indoors. Oh well.

See you boys at the draft!

Final wager = $10/person. Champion wins $100. All good people?

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 pm 

Welcome back, Lazy!
Scott and I were just talking on the phone and were wondering if you had lost power and if we needed to delay the draft an hour or 2. Good to see all you hurricane sufferers are alive and well.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:54 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
Welcome back, Lazy!
Scott and I were just talking on the phone and were wondering if you had lost power and if we needed to delay the draft an hour or 2. Good to see all you hurricane sufferers are alive and well.

Thank you sir! Yes, good to be alive & well. No property damage, just a lot of debris. Though neighbors across the street had trees/limbs come down; luckily not onto their houses or cars. Definitely sucked to be without power for 2 1/2 days though. There are still many who still have not had their power restored and it might not be until Friday or Saturday.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 am 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Power has been restored!!! Finally!

Just in time for this draft Friday night. Looking forward to it too.

See you boys at the draft!

Final wager = $10/person. Champion wins $100. All good people?

Yes, oddly enough I called DrM tonight concerning this, and guessed you may have been without power.

On the $$$ - I would rather have done it for $20, but SVB would rather we play for $10, and honestly I would rather all of us participate.

Now, I assume you haven't gotten my mail yet........ GRRRRRR

A check with the $10 from FOUR of us / $40 check, is en route. It should be there any day dude.
I know thats much easier for you, as I just collected from Ron and Alsunday and DrM (and me), so all in one mailing is easiest for us all.
Next year I say bump it to $20 and pay second as well. That is if I am still alive then.......... :twisted:

Good luck to all you scoundrels.

TZ DZ Fan