Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

I finally get this guy in 2 fantasy leagues and he goes out and gets hurt. In one league I'm already sufferring from my boy Peyton being out so this is a bad start. With collar bone injuries I think 4 weeks is a little optimistic. Any thoughts on if he will be back sooner or later. Also for Peyton I believe he will be back just based on his determination and dedication to the game. What are your thoughts?

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
My thoughts: dude you're screwed (well depends on the rest of your team and who you can replace your injured guys with).

4 weeks for a broken collarbone is a minimum. Romo was done for season, but he also has to throw. However, Colston has to return to more than just regular life. He has to accept impact so odds are you won't see him until mid-season.

Peyton is a tougher deal. 3 months is typical for average life and even that isn't back to 100%. If Manning returns this season, he'd be lucky. Dude had a cervical fusion -- that's a serious surgery. I would like to see Manning play and play well because this would be a terrible way to begin the declining years of his career.

Good to see you posting. Check out some of the other threads and share your thoughts and opinions.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:57 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Heard about Colston last night as I was trying to beef up my team - and I do stress trying.
I am no longer as disappointed as I had been that you snagged him in the draft before I did, Jcrm316 :P

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:20 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

DrMoreau wrote:
Heard about Colston last night as I was trying to beef up my team - and I do stress trying.
I am no longer as disappointed as I had been that you snagged him in the draft before I did, Jcrm316 :P

Yeah I thought it was a great move and now it came to bite me in the behind lol.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:05 pm 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I think I had Colston for a brief stint in my very first fantasy season, and thats been 3-4 years.

If I remember correctly, I believe he either was hurt, or had gotten injured that season as well.
Either way, he didn't do much for me, for the short time I had him.

As far as what Lazy said about you being screwed....
I don't necessarily agree, for a few reasons listed below.
#1 - I don't think he is as "top notch" as many will argue. Yes, almost always one you would want on your fantasy team obviously, but in my opinion, not as crucial as someone like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. This of course, is merely my opinion.
#2 - You can always look to the free agent pool. Every year I have played, (and pretty much every year) there seems to be a few players at their position who come from nowhere, and have good seasons, or people who rise to become "must haves" in fantasy. Someone can always be found to plug a hole. ;)
#3 - With Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt,Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Antonio Gates, Carpenter / decent kicker, and the Giants defense as other starting players, I would hardly think you are screwed.
In fact, your lineup looks damn strong to me.
The one thing I would be nervous about with Manning out for you though, is Matt Cassel.
He was supposedly injured the other day.
Now if he starts to tank, THEN you might have a bit of a puke situation. But at last check, I think there were still a 5-6 QBs left unclaimed you could use.
Thats one thing I personally would be following closely.

I kinda like this Hakeem Nicks guy too. He seems to have some talent, plus potential to get better.
Being a Giants fan, I am sure Lazy knows much more about they guy than I do though.

As far as I am concerned jcrm316 , I think you will be right in the mix yet again, come playoff time. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:22 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Yeah I think I should be ok but your right about Cassell, I need him to be the Cassell of last year. However if he is not lol I will have to work some waiver wire magic or possibly trade. We will see what happens. Good luck to you this year in fantasy.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I opined "screwed" with the clause of "well depends on the rest of your team and who you can replace your injured guys with". Colston (I too have had him probably just once previously) is a top 20 WR on an explosive offensive team. So to lose someone like that is tough, but as long as other WRs on the team are good, there's no problem there. "Screwed" also refers to the fact that you don't know what to do with him/dead roster spot. Not an easy drop to make; have to decide whether to waste a spot on him until he returns. Football has no DL/IR spot so no help there. The Manning injury is worse, and so to have 2 big names (who were early draft picks to boot) it's a difficult situation.

As for Nicks, I love the guy. Had him last season and wish I could've gotten him this year (I don't have him on any of my teams). Sporting his jersey today - go Big Blue!! And Team DARK HORSE! :D

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Oh wow didn't know you had a Nicks jersey. I got one last year too. Prolly gonna whip it out for next week. Gotta start off right with Eli lol.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:34 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

jcrm316 wrote:
Oh wow didn't know you had a Nicks jersey. I got one last year too. Prolly gonna whip it out for next week. Gotta start off right with Eli lol.

Haha nice. Yeah Melissa gave me Nicks for my birthday last year.

Hope you're checking out other threads on the board. Would love to see you post in them.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Take it from somebody that has had Colston for 2 out of my 5 fantasy league seasons, he his hit or miss every single week. The guy puts up huge numbers one week and then less then 5 the next. Consider it a blessing in disguise. Plenty of other great WRs out there to snatch up.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral