Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
I miss Charlie Sheens winning attiude... :( I havent seen his mug around this thread in a LONG time

On an unrelated note, lets check out this weeks matchup between the "Trade that never was"

Quote:
Chris Johnson - TENN RB - 2 points
LeGarrette Blount TB RB - 16 points

Totals
Blount - 19
Johnson - 22

Well, looks like the trade wouldnt f@%ker matter much anyway.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Lazy you douche............. I wanted Percy Harvin. :x

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:30 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Lazy you douche............. I wanted Percy Harvin. :x

TZ DZ fan

:D

I need some rejuvenation. These f@%king guys need to start rollin' on all cylinders!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:37 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

R&R Razorblades vs. DrMoreau's Lawgivers

Regular Season Matchups - Razorblades Lead Series 3-1
Playoff Matchups - 0

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2009

Razorblades Win 129.00 - 106.00
Razorblades Win 87.00 - 72.00

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010
Lawgivers Win 80.00 - 86.00

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2011
Razorblades Win 133.00 - 58.00
NEXT MATCHUP WEEK 12

LAWGIVERS LAST 5 GAMES - 3-2
RAZORBLADES LAST 5 GAMES - 2-3

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:39 pm 

And all of a sudden, I'm in with a chance............

OK hombres make room for the Minions in our playoff picture. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
And all of a sudden, I'm in with a chance............

OK hombres make room for the Minions in our playoff picture. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

I have your seat all nice and warm and reserved for you in the cheerleading section. A sign hangs above your seat it says "On the outside looking in" Enjoy watching me in the playoffs for the first time ever! :dance: :ROTF: :evil:

Trade That Never Was

Quote:
Chris Johnson - TENN RB - 17 points
LeGarrette Blount TB RB - 11 points

Totals
Blount - 40
Johnson - 39

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:10 pm 

I knew when Kevin Smith went down after the first quarter Thursday, I was pretty much finished.
I was watching the game, Smith look pretty damn frisky until this happened.

Although I still finished fairly close, losing the points he may have gotten was enough to pretty much put me out of reach.
It was just one injury too many.

Off the top of my head, here is a quick rundown of the Minions season this year.
Keep in mind this list is not complete.......

Jacoby Ford - Picked up preseason. He came right out of the gate battling an injury, with him expected to start 3 straight weeks. This never happened and he ultimately started in week 4.
I dropped him after three weeks of no production. (he is still having problems btw, its sad also because I think of him in a similar vein as Mike Wallace)

Peyton Hillis - Starter when healthy, except he goes down in week 3 with an injury. Comes back to actually play a token amount in weeks 4 and 5 (I don't believe he was 100% in these games), until he re-aggravates his hamstring in week 6. This alone is bad enough, but theres more.
A few more weeks on the shelf, and when preparing to come back he re-aggravates his hamstring yet again, and he is out until this last week 12 game. His finishing schedule is downright terrible, but I may need him for even a small amount of production.

Jerome Simpson - So I pick him up to use as a WR3 for a few weeks. His schedule looked really good there for a while and most of the attention has been on A.J.Green . This sounded good, until less than 24 hours after I pick him up federal agents close in on his home, and theres a large pot bust. His season is questioned then, and I immediately drop him. As far as I know, he has gotten away with pinning it on other inhabitants, and he has had essentially no punishment other than missing week 3. I suppose if I ever need an attorney, I can always call him. (and or Cedric Benson)

Danny Amendola - He was the go to guy in STL, before Brandon Lloyd came to town. I believe Lazy had him also and then he got hurt. I picked him up prior to his "first start" after recovering. He gets a second opinion and there was something missed I suppose, as its announced in the next few days his season is over and he is going to IR. LOL. So I cut him loose.

Earnest Graham - RB troubles and injuries forced me to start scouring the waiver wire, and I come across Graham as a solid fill-in for a few weeks with Blount out. This worked out for precisely one week. In the London matchup, Graham goes down early with a season-ending injury. (Most likely its career ending sadly, as he is a bit older too) Not even sure if I had a chance to start him, or if I did, it was only one time. I cut him loose.

Knowshon Moreno - This guy has only had flashes of decency in his career, and mostly its a non-stop suckfest. I am thin at RB and roll the dice. Well, he is hurt immediately and unplayable. For what its worth, he does come back briefly before a season -ending injury. LMAO, he was already dropped by me by then. :ROTF:

Greg Salas - Picked him up as a flyer, possible 2-3 week play. He was really starting to see some throws once Brandon Lloyd started commanding all the attention in STL. Within one week he went down with a season-ending injury.

Matt Schaub - Still a starter in most 10 man+ leagues, I had him primarily as a backup to Cam Newton. Another draft pick bites the dust to a season ending "weird" foot injury.

Kevin Smith - Showed great promise after being picked up by the Lions. Had a huge "comeback" game, and was heading towards another vs. the Packers. High ankle sprain takes him down for 1-2 weeks minimum, directly affecting the usage in fantasy in the closing weeks. He did get me one full quarter of action though, and 5 points. :dance:

These I listed are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head, and are a few of the bigger ones, or ones that affected my starting lineup, even for only a week or so.

Chris Johnson has been another bust too, but at least he has been serviceable on a few occasions.
I had a good week from him yesterday. (avoiding another scare early, when he got out of the game but came back) The matchup was a strong one, and he looked to have a big day if he was ever going to have one, and he did come through.
He certainly hasn't been dependable though.

After looking back over these, it was a wonder I had even managed to stay close this year. Hell, up until this week (and had I won) I would have been right in the mix for the last playoff spot.

I had forgotten how interesting this fantasy stuff was, until we cranked it up again this season.

I may even try and get into a 14-16 team league this year if I can find one, just to check it out. I can only imagine how thin the talent pool is and what a challenge that would be.
I knew of one years ago locally, that was a 14 teamer. I heard stories from a friend about how brutal that was. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yeah I had Amendola. Was looking forward to his production too, but that elbow dislocation was a killer. The early news on him would be that he'd miss the season. So I immediately dropped him; then I heard he had a shot at coming back, but never panned out.

Schaub had a Lis Franc injury (can be a dislocation or fracture - not sure which it was for him). Basically screwed up his foot at the joint of his midfoot to forefoot.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Glad to return to the PtE championship game (now I've just got to find a way to win it)! Good luck to Razorblades, who makes a second consecutive appearance.

Would've been interesting if Derelicts made it, as it would've been a rematch of 2009's championship game. Good luck to Al and SVB in the 3rd place game!

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:38 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
So I didn't make the playoffs again in my personal year two of PTE league play. Everyone here seems to know quite a lot about football. And I have to admit, I lost quite a bit of interest as my Vikings have made it torture to watch this year.

BTW, did anybody see the video of Johnny Knox basically getting folded in half yesterday?!? Gruesome! I don't think humans are supposed to bend over backwards like that.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
BTW, did anybody see the video of Johnny Knox basically getting folded in half yesterday?!? Gruesome! I don't think humans are supposed to bend over backwards like that.

Dude, I was literally just watching that! It's horrifying! Looks worse than the Theismann injury IMO. It's freakish how that happened. He's lucky he's not paralyzed.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 am 

whitsbrain wrote:
So I didn't make the playoffs again in my personal year two of PTE league play. Everyone here seems to know quite a lot about football. And I have to admit, I lost quite a bit of interest as my Vikings have made it torture to watch this year.

Well, this is the first time EVER in all the years I have played fantasy football, that I did NOT make the playoffs. :(
Feels a bit weird really, thats about the best way I can describe it.

You know, I noted on Yahoo, that its amazing your team had not put up more wins than it had, and looking over your current roster it seems almost impossible you wouldn't have finished in the top 4 out of 10 teams.
With names like Jordy Nelson, Roddy White, Tony Romo, Eli Manning,Steven Jackson and Jermichael Finley, its a shock.

Eli Manning has been real hit and miss this year, and so has Romo until recently so that may have hurt along the way. Roddy White has been pretty much in the same boat, some good recent weeks, and some quiet weeks along the way.

I believe our league has become much more competitive as the years have gone by, and I look forward to it every season. :dance: Even SVB who seemed to at first only have a passing interest in it, did much better this season and even made the playoffs.

As much as I hate to say it, I guess we now have to wait until next season to start it up all over again. :cry:

On the Vikings note - I personally tend to like underdogs, and I often like watching teams like the Vikings. I had hopes of a more competitive team this year, but McNabb was really a waste.
I remember when they put Christian Ponder in late one night, and he was throwing the ball all over the field, and he looked to be a great, exciting addition. Well, I don't think he has ever looked quite as good as he did that first night. I don't get a chance to see much of their games down here where I'm at though, except some action on the Redzone. So I havent seen too much of him.

Good luck to the Razorblades and The Dark Horse in the championship game this week......

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:05 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Quote:
Even SVB who seemed to at first only have a passing interest in it, did much better this season and even made the playoffs.

Seriously I enjoy playing Fantasy Football and had been playing off and on since 2001 or so, but not being able to be in the drafts takes away from it severely, as well as not being able to update my teams that could have brought me so many wins through the years take the spirit out of it. I know ive complained about this stuff every year but you would too when you lose by 3 or 6 points or even 1 point and you had two guys that didnt play because you couldnt get to a computer. Small stuff like that builds up.
Although this year I cant help but think you didnt make the playoffs because of myself :evil: Seriously, its pretty much been you, Lazy, Razorblade, and Derelict every single year anyway, its about time some new blood scratched the Winners circle. Having made the playoffs for the first time, and then beat the best team in the last game of the season, only to lose to them in the first round of the playoffs, sure it was disheartening, but overall, I beat all the teams I really wanted to beat this year,and get wins over people I never got to beat.... so a hell of a season. The whole ride was worth it.
I am looking forward to the Championship and see if Lazy can pull out another crazy win.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:32 pm 

In case anyone isn't looking............. Lazy's "Dark Horse" team and The Razorblades are having a great championship match to end our 2011 PTE fantasy football season! :dance: :sparkle: :dance:

Dark Horse has an 18 point lead, going into the latter half of the afternoon games.
He will be needing every point he can get too, as the Razorblades have a few players still going, PLUS Lazy has to fend off Drew Brees Monday night also. (Brees has been on absolute fire lately)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:45 pm 

QUICK UPDATE -

The Dark Horse - 117
R&R Razorblades - 110

This is with just over one quarter left.
The 'Blades have Brees going, and Lazy has the Falcons kicker.
Lazy is probably really sweating this one, as his kicker Bryant just made a 51 yard field goal to give him some extra points.

Good stuff! :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:03 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

It was a hair-pulling, nail-biting, sweat-stained thriller last night. I was totally freaking out because I knew Brees was gonna go off, especially trying to break Marino's record, which he did. Bryant nailing a 51-yarder helped tremendously, especially since I knew he wouldn't be used at all with Atlanta down by so much. I'm grateful for Brees' 2 INTs, which brought victory once more to The Dark Horse! Damn good matchup with R&R Razorblades.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:18 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be

and in case you want to change your avatar:

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:31 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

:ROTF: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:45 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Haha! Dude that is fantastic!! And yes, I will use it as my avatar. Thanks!