Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:27 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
But with a few of the things I have seen over the years in our league, I can hardly say I am surprised.
TZ DZ Fan

Oh oops I almost forgot to add...

DC HeadHunters 96 Final
TZDZ Minions 80

Also got the "Biggest Blowout" ....oddly only +16

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:34 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Just a bit ago, with Jason Campbell now out for the season, the Raiders struck a deal with Cincinnati and retained the services of Carson Palmer.

Palmer had been declining a bit in recent years, but seemed to still have a little bit of gas left, and the Raiders were out of options altogether.
I didn't think the Raiders would resort to this, but I am not "shocked" either, as I don't know who else they could have gotten.
The thing is, they have some talent there, although most recent games I have seen with them turn into flag-fests, and they commit a horrendous amount of penalties.
I stil don't know how Palmer will work there.

I am curious as to what "Raider Nation" has to say on this......

In other news - Peyton Hillis has NOT been traded from the Browns, and they came forward in the last few days and said they weren't interested in trading him.
The situation there has interesting if you have followed it, where he went from "happy and trying to stay in Cleveland" immediately to "looking to be traded", and the (is he injured or is he not) episode from Sunday is the icing on the cake.
I thought he would be headed elsewhere, but it doesn't look like there is a hole big enough for him to fit on most teams, and the few he could slip into, I doubt he could get substantial money.

I guess Brandon Lloyd going to the Rams, and now Palmer headed to the Raiders are the last of the trade stories this season.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:40 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Just a bit ago, with Jason Campbell now out for the season, the Raiders struck a deal with Cincinnati and retained the services of Carson Palmer.

Palmer had been declining a bit in recent years, but seemed to still have a little bit of gas left, and the Raiders were out of options altogether.
I didn't think the Raiders would resort to this, but I am not "shocked" either, as I don't know who else they could have gotten.
The thing is, they have some talent there, although most recent games I have seen with them turn into flag-fests, and they commit a horrendous amount of penalties.

In other news - Peyton Hillis has NOT been traded from the Browns, and they came forward in the last few days and said they weren't interested in trading him.
The situation there has interesting if you have followed it, where he went from "happy and trying to stay in Cleveland" immediately to "looking to be traded", and the (is he injured or is he not) episode from Sunday is the icing on the cake.
I thought he would be headed elsewhere, but it doesn't look like there is a hole big enough for him to fit on most teams, and the few he could slip into, I doubt he could get substantial money.

I guess Brandon Lloyd going to the Rams, and now Palmer headed to the Raiders are the last of the trade stories this season.

TZ DZ fan

I think Palmer should work out for the Raiders. He will need a few weeks to work off the rust but thats why they have McFadden to carry the load. He has some up and coming talent receivers (no prima donnas like T.O and Ocho"Stinko" to deal with). Raiders gave up a lot but in all honesty they had to. They are a legitimate playoff team this year and all their hard work would have went down the train if they tried to move forward with Boller or Pryor. Also draft picks are never guaranteed success so this is totally worth the gamble. Will work out for both teams. Bengals have an up and coming young team and could use the pick they got on a running back to take over for Benson.

In terms of Hillis, unfortunately he is just fallen victim to the "Madden Curse" lol. Instead of worrying about getting paid he should worry about staying on the field. Can't blame the Browns for not giving into him because he has had 1 solid season. So quit whining Peyton and get your ass back on the field.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

TZ DZ fan

I liked Campbell and wish he wouldn't have broken his collarbone, but unfortunately that didn't happen. But he serviced the Raiders well and brought them to the best start they've had in quite sometime. With that being said, I love Palmer. I've read he's in great shape and has been throwing everyday to Housh and T.O. The raiders conditioning coach is the one that has watched him throw at Athletes Performance. The Raiders management relied heavily on him when they decided to go through with it. They gave up a lot, but lets be real...the QB situation was a gaping hole and the only one they had other than CBs. These picks that the raiders don't have aren't as serious as people make it out to be. They'll have compensatory picks from the departures of Miller/Gallery/Asomugha. I expect Palmer to come in and make his presence felt immediately. Their young receivers finally have emerged as being dependable to catch the damn ball. And of course they have the leading rusher in the NFL with McFadden. Plus, Palmer's best years in Cincy was when Hue was there. This was a move waiting to happen once Garrard stated he was having back surgery. Their other options were Orton and Vince Young. Who the hell thinks those two losers are better than Palmer...even for the price they paid for Palmer? I know I don't.

As for Hillis, forget the Madden curse. He had a lucky season last year. I told people who took him in drafts that Hardesty would take over by mid-season. Whether Hardesty does any better remains to be seen, but the first look may come this weekend.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
In one of the wildest parlays of events I have ever seen on a Monday night football game, Lazy has come back to win his match vs the Derelicts. (and the Dolphins seemingly gave up on their season)

I told Alsunday there was just NO urgency early in the 4th quarter , when they had the ball and needing 2 scores. Down near their own goal line they opted for 2 ho-hum running plays, as if there wasn't a care in the world.

A multitude of last minute sacks and defensive scoring leads to yet another unlikely beating.

But with a few of the things I have seen over the years in our league, I can hardly say I am surprised.

TZ DZ Fan

:evil:
Sounds like a good Serling outro to a TZ episode.

Honestly thought I would lose by 4 pts. Was hoping Thomas wouldn't play, but he did. Even with the pick-6 from Revis I was still losing. Like you said, last minute sacks and turnovers, and a nice job keeping them at 6pts, saved by butt this week. Happy the Giants won the game but I was cursing Bradshaw for having a monster day, as he would've been the sole reason for me losing. I'm happy to live another day, but these bye weeks are making things a bit difficult, and exciting.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:39 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

PublicMenace69 wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

TZ DZ fan

I liked Campbell and wish he wouldn't have broken his collarbone, but unfortunately that didn't happen. But he serviced the Raiders well and brought them to the best start they've had in quite sometime. With that being said, I love Palmer. I've read he's in great shape and has been throwing everyday to Housh and T.O. The raiders conditioning coach is the one that has watched him throw at Athletes Performance. The Raiders management relied heavily on him when they decided to go through with it. They gave up a lot, but lets be real...the QB situation was a gaping hole and the only one they had other than CBs. These picks that the raiders don't have aren't as serious as people make it out to be. They'll have compensatory picks from the departures of Miller/Gallery/Asomugha. I expect Palmer to come in and make his presence felt immediately. Their young receivers finally have emerged as being dependable to catch the damn ball. And of course they have the leading rusher in the NFL with McFadden. Plus, Palmer's best years in Cincy was when Hue was there. This was a move waiting to happen once Garrard stated he was having back surgery. Their other options were Orton and Vince Young. Who the hell thinks those two losers are better than Palmer...even for the price they paid for Palmer? I know I don't.

As for Hillis, forget the Madden curse. He had a lucky season last year. I told people who took him in drafts that Hardesty would take over by mid-season. Whether Hardesty does any better remains to be seen, but the first look may come this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing Carson airing it out for Silver&Black, but thought it was a bit pricey. However, you're all right -- at least you know what you're getting with him. Draft picks have been questionable for Oakland, so it's worth it, especially if they make it to the playoffs.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
In one of the wildest parlays of events I have ever seen on a Monday night football game, Lazy has come back to win his match vs the Derelicts. (and the Dolphins seemingly gave up on their season)

I told Alsunday there was just NO urgency early in the 4th quarter , when they had the ball and needing 2 scores. Down near their own goal line they opted for 2 ho-hum running plays, as if there wasn't a care in the world.

A multitude of last minute sacks and defensive scoring leads to yet another unlikely beating.

TZ DZ Fan

:evil:
Sounds like a good Serling outro to a TZ episode.

Honestly thought I would lose by 4 pts. Was hoping Thomas wouldn't play, but he did. Even with the pick-6 from Revis I was still losing. Like you said, last minute sacks and turnovers, and a nice job keeping them at 6pts, saved by butt this week. Happy the Giants won the game but I was cursing Bradshaw for having a monster day, as he would've been the sole reason for me losing. I'm happy to live another day, but these bye weeks are making things a bit difficult, and exciting.

Bye weeks suck lol. In our auction league I am going with less players cause I can't drop my whole team for one week...I stink in the league anyway

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:13 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

There's a ding in my forcefield and it's brought by Spittin' Whits. Congratulations on a hard-fought win. I honestly never expected Darren Sproles to come up that big tonight...then again, I didn't expect to see a 62-7 (NO-Indy) score either.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 pm 

I have had a few bad breaks this season, but today was just awful.

Running backs have pretty much doomed me this season, in both of the leagues i am in.
Today, the 4 rb slots in the leagues combined, was (Darren McFadden, Jackie Battle in both, and Chris Johnson). These players combined for a grand total of 17 points, 14 coming from Battle at 7 in each league. :ROTF:
Chris Johnson has been a stellar bust, and on top of that, Peyton Hillis was sick one week, bye already, and now is injured. Now, I don't think Hillis is a top 10 RB, but I can see him as a RB2 in 10 man leagues in general, and he has failed miserably thusfar.

In the 8 man league I am in, here is my squad. I believe I posted the team I drafted already, but there was a trade, and this is my current lineup.
Check this.
-------------------------------------------------------
QB-Matthew Stafford, Ryan Fitzpatrick.
WR-Greg Jennings, Steve Smith (the monster at Carolina),Stevie Johnson, A.J. Green (rookie right on the cusp of top-10 in receiving, just great numbers) and Greg Little as a bye-week fill in this week.
RB - Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis,Cedric Benson, and Jackie Battle as a bye week fill in this week.
TE- Brandon Pettigrew.
K- Billy Cundif... Had to drop Gostkowski for this week only.
Defense - Cincy and Dallas(this week as a fill-in)

In this league i listed above, I have juggled 1-2 other RBs, Mike Tolbert was one,McGahee was another, but now hes hurt also and this week I had so many on byes I had to cut loose several.
I also had Vincent Jackson and Vernon Davis which I traded.
We started one week into the season and its hard to fathom, but I will be 2-4 after this week. :wtf:

Between the 2 teams I have, which is here in the PTE league, and the other, I have lost these players to injury thus far....

Peyton Hillis (both leagues)
Darren McFadden (injured today, who knows how long, but he may well be back after bye week next week)
Matthew Stafford (also injured today) The jury is out on this one so far....
Danny Amendola - Well i believe he had been out already, then came back and went out again.
Kenny Britt - (picked him up shortly before he got injured)

I also have Chris Johnson in this league which has been a absolute total bust, right alongside with Peyton Hillis.

Thankfully I am relatively stacked at WR and QB, which has kept me from being basically eliminated in both leagues.

I'm going to enjoy this season no matter what, and I always do......
But when I look at the talent I have on the other team (not the PTE league), its really hard to believe I am 2-4 there.

Did I mention that I love this shite????

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:53 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

THis is by far, the most bizarre season I've ever experienced. Hey...I deserve it. Get f@%ked

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:10 pm 

Raider Nation wrote in Yahoo ----

"yeah this is some bullshit...they say lynch is good to go yet don't update his status before the game so I can put starks in...yahoo f@%kin blows"

We can't discuss it easily there, so I quoted what you said there,here in this thread. Hope you don't mind. :D

Not that it will make you feel any better, but this wasn't Yahoo's fault really.
The word on Lynch, is this......... ( I have read in several places)

Marshawn Lynch hurt himself while "warming up" for Sundays game.
He was literally on the field pre-game, when he reaggravated a recurring back injury that he has supposedly been dealing with for months.
Now, get this - it actually happened after the team had turned in its list of inactives to the NFL, so he was supposed to play right until the last minute, but then had to be yanked anyway.
This would explain for everyone getting screwed in fantasy, all across the nation. Nobody even had the chance to know it had happened.

You really had to have a "parlay" of bad events to happen, to lose this matchup including Darren McFadden getting injured early, coupled with Lynch getting yanked last minute.
Trust me, I feel you on this one, as I had McFadden starting in my other league also, and he helped me lose there.

If I were you, I would be planning in the back of my mind for another possible catashtrophe...
I would be praying for Green Bay to LOSE a couple of games in the next few weeks.

If they happen to be undefeated going into the last few games and playoffs, they may start pulling Rodgers and Jennings out early in a few games, or possibly not even playing them at all . Now that would really suck.

Err...... I have Jennings on my other team too, so I would like them to get knocked off in a few games. That is a double-edged sword though, I can possibly deal with losing Jennings, if it means the guy i'm facing will lose Rodgers. :D

Oh yeah, this is interesting and you guys should get a kick out of it.
In my other league it is an 8-man league, as I mentioned before.
After 6 weeks of play, we have 4 teams at 4-2.
Then we have 4 teams at 2-4. :dance:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:55 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Raider Nation wrote in Yahoo ----

"yeah this is some bullshit...they say lynch is good to go yet don't update his status before the game so I can put starks in...yahoo f@%kin blows"

We can't discuss it easily there, so I quoted what you said there,here in this thread. Hope you don't mind. :D

Not that it will make you feel any better, but this wasn't Yahoo's fault really.
The word on Lynch, is this......... ( I have read in several places)

Marshawn Lynch hurt himself while "warming up" for Sundays game.
He was literally on the field pre-game, when he reaggravated a recurring back injury that he has supposedly been dealing with for months.
Now, get this - it actually happened after the team had turned in its list of inactives to the NFL, so he was supposed to play right until the last minute, but then had to be yanked anyway.
This would explain for everyone getting screwed in fantasy, all across the nation. Nobody even had the chance to know it had happened.

You really had to have a "parlay" of bad events to happen, to lose this matchup including Darren McFadden getting injured early, coupled with Lynch getting yanked last minute.
Trust me, I feel you on this one, as I had McFadden starting in my other league also, and he helped me lose there.

If I were you, I would be planning in the back of my mind for another possible catashtrophe...
I would be praying for Green Bay to LOSE a couple of games in the next few weeks.

If they happen to be undefeated going into the last few games and playoffs, they may start pulling Rodgers and Jennings out early in a few games, or possibly not even playing them at all . Now that would really suck.

Err...... I have Jennings on my other team too, so I would like them to get knocked off in a few games. That is a double-edged sword though, I can possibly deal with losing Jennings, if it means the guy i'm facing will lose Rodgers. :D

Oh yeah, this is interesting and you guys should get a kick out of it.
In my other league it is an 8-man league, as I mentioned before.
After 6 weeks of play, we have 4 teams at 4-2.
Then we have 4 teams at 2-4. :dance:

TZ DZ Fan

I didn't realize you posted this, but I don't mind at all. I have a few leagues and one of them is through CBS and they are very good at giving updates as they happen. Only problem was I don't have Lynch in CBS. I mean who really would carry him on their roster when he isn't that good. But he was playing a browns team who's run defense stinks, which is why I put him in. I think yahoo needs to step up their game even if it did happen last minute. His injury did happen before the game started so what were these so-called "experts" doing? They should've been updating immediately as it happened. Obviously, it's not all their fault I lost because I had McFadden go down, but I still put it on them since McFadden got hurt during the game and there's nothing I could do about that. I actually forgot about teams resting starters and all that nonsense. So, yes I do hope green bay loses games and detroit gains some ground so they can keep their starters in. And then this week I have all my studs off so I doubt I'll even be able to compete. If my record was better I wouldn't care about taking a loss, but now I'm fighting for the last spot. :wtf:

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:47 pm 

My running backs are the best..........

In this league, Chris Johnson got me 4, with my other playing tomorrow night.
Had I opted to play the Skins starter Torain, he would have gotten me a grand total of 1 point also. :dance:

In my other bigger money league, I had Knowshon Moreno who got me 6, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis who got me zero. BJ G-E was slowed to 9 total yards, and Faulk (who hadn't made an appearance since last season) pretty much stole all his action.
I am actually up over 20 points in that league, but Alsunday has LeSean McCoy tonight, and Philip Rivers tomorrow, so that will be an almost certain loss also.

QUICK NOTE -
If someone makes me a reasonable offer/trade for Chris Johnson, I will part with him also. I will be looking for another RB in return. You may be surprised at what I am willing to take......... seriously, make an offer.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
QUICK NOTE -
If someone makes me a reasonable offer/trade for Chris Johnson, I will part with him also. I will be looking for another RB in return. You may be surprised at what I am willing to take......... seriously, make an offer.

TZ DZ Fan

Any of my RBs....or WRs......

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:25 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
QUICK NOTE -

TZ DZ Fan

As much as I dislike Shonn Greene, I might look into him as a trade interest.
I might make you a proposal tomorrow, be on the lookout for it.
In my mind, CJ still has plenty of upside, and *may* take off like before, but at this point I just don't want to play that waiting game any more.
Knowing my luck, I will pawn him off to someone and he will be the "comeback fantasy late-season star of the year". :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:57 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
QUICK NOTE -

TZ DZ Fan

As much as I dislike Shonn Greene, I might look into him as a trade interest.
I might make you a proposal tomorrow, be on the lookout for it.
In my mind, CJ still has plenty of upside, and *may* take off like before, but at this point I just don't want to play that waiting game any more.
Knowing my luck, I will pawn him off to someone and he will be the "comeback fantasy late-season star of the year". :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Kind of like Brees was for me after you dropped him like 3 years ago. :ROTF:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:

Kind of like Brees was for me after you dropped him like 3 years ago. :ROTF:

Thats the pretty much the shite I have to fade in life..... (I could give you 100 examples in everyday life totally unrelated to fantasy football)
No way you can hang onto someone that is a cancer and killing your chances. Then you drop them and they all of a sudden rise up and are unbelieveable.
Well, f@%k how he does from here on out. I don't care if he rushes for 300 yards a game and 3 TDs. Chris Johnson is hitting the bricks.
If I can't get anything I am interested in for him, then he can help keep my bench warm.

Its time to stop bullshitting around with him and try and get serious to work my way into the playoffs.
From my point of view, every week he stays in my lineup now and doesn't contribute, he is just hurting my chances even further.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ FAN, I'm sorry but even though I said I would accept the trade between Chris Johnson for legarrette blount, I decided I would get more satisfaction out of watching you suffer through the fact that you got f@%ked by his inconsistency and that your top pick turned out to be a fluke. :evil:

Hows the weather down there?

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:29 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
TZ DZ FAN, I'm sorry but even though I said I would accept the trade between Chris Johnson for legarrette blount, I decided I would get more satisfaction out of watching you suffer through the fact that you got f@%ked by his inconsistency and that your top pick turned out to be a fluke. :evil:

Hows the weather down there?

It doesn't bother me dude. Either you trade or you don't, and I can only do the best I can with what I've got.
Just like with the "re-re aggravation" of his injury with Hillis yet again this week (that I saw coming btw- they tried to get him back too quickly because their other backs are bad or hurt also), theres nothing I can do about it. Its just another injury, and honestly I lost count weeks ago as to how many have affected me.

Blount is another big injury risk also, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets hurt yet again this week also, so its not like I was getting a bargain anyway.

As far as my first pick in the draft this season, it came down to Ray Rice and Chris Johnson.
#1 - even in a bad year with the holdout and everything, no one saw this happening to CJ, no one. His upside is bigger than Ray Rice, plain and simple.
#2 - The offseason minor knee surgery Ray Rice had (that barely even made the news because of the lockout, and most of you guys probably never even knew about it) was the final straw that made me go with CJ.

Rice is also tied to a hit-and-miss Baltimore offense. The only strong piece to that puzzle is Rice himself.

Was it a decision that worked out? No. But I can only make the best choice I can, and not worry about the results. (unlike the rest of the idiot gamblers I know, that are purely results oriented) :ROTF:

On that note......... you laughed back at the end of week 1 when I picked up Cam Newton also.
Had I not done that, I never would have even remotely had a chance this season as it appears.

Oh well, I am still not completely out yet it seems, and I will enjoy it either way.

Good luck.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:15 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I'm a Tennessee Titans fan and a Chris Johnson fan, but with the state of affairs surrounding the lockout, lack of OTAs, CJ's holdout etc. I was staying away from him period. Now don't get me wrong -- I'm not trying to say I could predict what would happen, because this first half of a season was abominable for a talent like CJ. It's actually quite baffling. I will, however, strongly confirm that I was hoping for a top 4 draft slot because I vehemently wanted Ray Rice. The dude is a beast. Also hearing Baltimore picked up Vonta Leach for FB to provide the lanes for him made it an even easier decision (alas, it wasn't meant to be). I happily drafted MJD first, though I was very nervous about his production because of the awful team he is playing with. Jax is much worse than Baltimore offensively. In fact, Flacco is not usually this bad. Maybe not a fantasy stud, more like a QB2, but he's a bit off. Now my brother on the other hand thought I was a dummy for taking MJD and passing up McFadden. I realize Run DMC is playing ridiculous, and it did appear bad, but with his ankle injury, MJD is only 8 points behind, so the stats are relatively close. Can't ignore Forte either. Actually a surprise for me -- always liked him but didn't expect this type of season. It helps that it's a contract year.

But that's what makes drafts fun -- never know what you're gonna be dealt.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
I'm a Tennessee Titans fan and a Chris Johnson fan, but with the state of affairs surrounding the lockout, lack of OTAs, CJ's holdout etc. I was staying away from him period. Now don't get me wrong -- I'm not trying to say I could predict what would happen, because this first half of a season was abominable for a talent like CJ.
Now my brother on the other hand thought I was a dummy for taking MJD and passing up McFadden. I realize Run DMC is playing ridiculous, and it did appear bad, but with his ankle injury, MJD is only 8 points behind, so the stats are relatively close. Can't ignore Forte either. Actually a surprise for me -- always liked him but didn't expect this type of season.

The thing with Chris Johnson is this......
With his situation and $$ surrounding him, they aren't going to bench him completely.
If he even remotely gets close to form, he is an automatic starter in any league.
The other thing on his side, is he is 100% healthy. Many of you guys in our league have had few injuries at RB.(or at least not multiples causing desperate waiver wire plays like I have been screwing around with pretty much each week) Seemingly I have had the market cornered this season for multiple starting RB injuries.
Now, if you look overall, this is by far the worst season I have ever even seen in the NFL with injuries at RB. Its not even close. Yeah sure, you always see some,and a few major ones, but this many floating around the league is ridiculous. So Johnson actually being healthy counts for something.
If he does have a good couple of games (maybe even one) then he will then get the majority of the carries again and be a must start etc. etc.

McFadden - I got him and Hillis as my first two picks in my other league. (I had the last pick/back-to-back, and I knew McFadden would be huge, and there was no other potentially huge back left when it was my turn so thats why I took Hillis) The Raiders are leaning very heavily on the run.... maybe a bit too heavily. But with the position they are in at QB, can't say I blame them.

Forte - I will always remember his second season, which was pretty much a bust after his rookie year.
I think his numbers have been stellar this season, and here again, its partially because of the terrible QB named Cutler. Hell look at their receivers! Its awful there, they don't have a starting receiver in the lot. Hester is too much of a tweener at different positions, Knox is just not getting the ball enough it seems, and Earl Bennett has been injured. I like Bennett the most out of that lot.
All that falls right into the hands of Forte, increasing his value. (Don't take this the wrong way, he is certainly still a top 10 starter in any sense of the word, but being tied to that situation has clearly helped)

I happened to get 13 points last week from Jackie Battle. I think this (no joke), is the largest total I have had from any RB in this league all season, with most weeks both RBs getting less than 7-8 points each.
Typical week for me - Jackie Battle 6, Chris Johnson 4 with Hillis injured and the others unstartable. :ROTF:

EDIT- I may have gotten 14-15 one week from Ben Tate when I put him in for the injured Arian Foster one week. I may have gotten a 12-14 from Chris Johnson in his one big week also, not sure.

I look back now, and think that I would have AT LEAST gotten 1-2 more wins, even if I had only mediocre numbers at RB through the season thus far.

Giving up 15-20 points difference in just those 2 RB slots each week is a killer, and theres just no way to overcome it.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:26 am 

OK!
I have been tinkering all week with a last minute "hail mary" QB change, and today I pulled the trigger.

Cam Newton is on bye, and I don't forsee Schaub having a big day in Cleveland.
I am either going to be a hero or zero after this one..........

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:31 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

That is an interesting decision. Tavaris is a hail mary pick indeed, simply because his team is "eh" and he's been injured, whereas Schaub is healthy. But you're right, Houston may just run all day. It'll be an interesting game. It'll also be interesting to see how Doc does with Mark Sanchez. With the explosive play of Buffalo, Sanchez may be throwing all day. As long as he keeps the picks down, he could have a strong day.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:41 am 

I think its a good gamble.

Jackson has been throwing more and more, and looks better than he did early season.
There is a good chance they are playing from behind vs. the Cowboys, so going to the air should be mandatory.
Note his last weeks "3 quarter performance" throwing over 300 yards.
Add in the fact I am starting Baldwin also, so it has the possibility* of being a huge play.

Not only am I behind in the matchup projections to DrMoreau, but I am down in the league as well.

Its time to start gambling..............

Not sure on Sanchez. I hate betting on the guy really, but as far as I can tell, he is having a better time of it lately. May be a good pick, especially if Buffalo "shows up" and starts scoring a ton.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:37 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
OK!
I have been tinkering all week with a last minute "hail mary" QB change, and today I pulled the trigger.

Cam Newton is on bye, and I don't forsee Schaub having a big day in Cleveland.
I am either going to be a hero or zero after this one..........

TZ DZ fan

Matt Shaub already has a rushing TD thus far and 66 yards passing. You better pray Jackson does something. I hate the Cowboys but their defense at times looks very solid (except verse Philly few weeks back). I prolly would have stuck with Shaub even with this threat of running the ball. Alas im sure if you started Shaub then Jackson would be the one with better numbers thus far lol....gotta love the fantasy football drama, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Good luck in your matchup this week.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 pm 

jcrm316 wrote:
Matt Shaub already has a rushing TD thus far and 66 yards passing. You better pray Jackson does something. I hate the Cowboys but their defense at times looks very solid (except verse Philly few weeks back). I prolly would have stuck with Shaub even with this threat of running the ball. Alas im sure if you started Shaub then Jackson would be the one with better numbers thus far lol....gotta love the fantasy football drama, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Good luck in your matchup this week.

Well, I hate the Schaub play. Him scoring a rushing TD can't be depended on, and the need for him to do alot of passing vs. the lowly Browns just isn't there.
So regardless of the outcome, its a bad play.

As expected, they are running the ball all day long against the Browns.
This is gonna be great, as I am looking to be behind a minimum of 30 points just in the 2 RB slots alone, in my matchup with DrM.
No way to win like that.............

Its pretty much happening every week, and my record shows it.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:56 pm 

This really is a good one.........

Marshawn Lynch (who was a bad play vs. the Cowboys) is having a game that is easily his best of the season. Keep in mind this is a game where the Seahawks have been playing from well behind most of the game, and one would think they have to pass continuosly.

So, Tavaris Jackson isn't throwing much = little to no points in fantasy for me.
Lynch, the lesser of the RB plays for me by far , is having his best game of the season sitting on my bench.

I love it! :dance:

In my other league, I had to start Ryan Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson as my other starters were on bye.
At halftime the two had combined for a grand total of -4 fantasy points for my team there. :dance:
The saving grace there is most of my squad and all of my big names play late, so a come from behind win there is easily possible.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:48 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

That's a tough one td...can't blame you for having no faith in lynch..he is awful.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:09 pm 

- FOR TRADE -

I will trade any of these three listed for a decent WR. (possibly more than one)

Sebastian Janikowski
Matt Schaub
Nate Washington

LATE EDIT ^^

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:09 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZDZ MINIONS VS. THE DARK HORSE

Regular Season Matchups - Tied 4-4
Playoff Matchups - Dark Horse Leads 2-1

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2007

TZ DZ MINIONS Win 90.00 - 66.00
TZDZ MINIONS Win 119.00 - 81.00

Playoffs Semi-finals - Dark Horse Wins 88-71

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2008
The Dark Horse WIN 83.00 - 90.00
TZDZ Minions Win 116.00 - 71.00

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2009
The Dark Horse Win 72.00 - 87.00
TZDZ Minion Win 98.00 - 85.00
Playoff Semi-Finals - Dark Horse Wins

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010

The Dark Horse Win 85.00 - 89.00
3rd Place Game - Minions Win 115-98

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2011

The Dark Horse Wins 58.00 - 122.00
Next Matchup - Week 10

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm 

Trust me......

You seriously don't want to go back and look at prior years results. :ROTF:

But I am glad to see you actually trying to compete this year. Really, its about time.

Next year, Me, Ron and Alsunday are all wanting to step it up to $20, and pay two spots.
Ron especially wants to play for more and pay two spots, or else he may no longer participate.
Now I am sure we can work around that if needed, but I would hate to lose a player.
He has essentially "given up" on this league this year because his record is bad. Although I told him you never know.
After my first fantasy season and what happened, I don't give up until its absolutely impossible.
Hell, if he wins again this week (obviously 1 or 2 ahead of him will lose) he may actually have a better chance of making the playoffs than he thinks. It will all come down to the last couple weeks of fireworks then.
For what its worth, he is one off the lead in our bigger money league. (which pays two spots)
I am down near the bottom of that one too. :dance:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:48 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Quote:
Chris Johnson - TENN RB - 20 points
LeGarrette Blount TB RB - 3 points

Lovely.....lets see how Johnson continues to put up massive points now based on the fact I declined the trade :D

I seem to be on the same losing streak as the Washington Redskins, my fantasy season is falling apart faster then the World Trade Centers. (sorry, I know)

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Derelicts VS. DC Headhunters

Regular Season Matchups - Tied 2-2-1
Playoff Matchups - 0

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2009

Headhunters Win 84.00 - 76.00
Derelicts Win 63.00 - 119.00

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010

Derelicts Win 35.00 - 100.00
Tie 76.00 - 76.00

PTE FANTASY FOOTBALL 2011

Dc Headhunters Win 135.00 - 118.00

Next Matchup - Week 11
Headhunters 5-4-1 (3 game losing streak) vs Derelicts 6-4 (4 game winning streak)

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

f@%king Jets! Pathetic loss to Tebow & Co. I expect some more defensive points than the bullshit they came up with. Douches.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
f@%king Jets! Pathetic loss to Tebow & Co. I expect some more defensive points than the bullshit they came up with. Douches.

Bro this is a terrible loss for the Jets (not that we care lol). How do you lose to Tim freaking Tebow. Can't wait to see Skip Bayless grinning tomorrow about this. Sanchez got outplayed by an unconventional QB who can't throw a lick. Defense should be ashamed of themselves. That last drive I would have stacked like 8-9 guys up front to stop the run (how could they not anticipate he was gonna run most of that drive after last weeks Denver game). Have to give Tebow credit. I don't know how he is doing it but he is winning games. The key for him is never turning the ball over, which he does a great job of. With that division Denver could totally get into playoffs.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:20 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Bronco's def sucks and Sanchez couldn't get a td pass past those bums - he blows worse than Tebow. I need to stop listtening to my Fantasy Football friends and go with my gut call. Watch - Hasselback will have another great game. :(

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

As a Titans fan I hope he has a great game and Tennessee beats Atlanta. Although I have Michael Turner in my other league so I do need some Atlanta scoring, plus I have Matt Bryant in the PtE league. Honestly, in terms of matchups, Sanchez would've been the better play. However, in the NFL, "any given Sunday" holds true and there are times where the illogical happens. Hell, I picked up Oakland D 2 weeks ago in my other league expecting big numbers against Tebow and Denver - those bastards got me -2 points!! AND I lost the week by 5 points. Such a load of crap! You just never know....

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:28 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Bro this is a terrible loss for the Jets (not that we care lol). How do you lose to Tim freaking Tebow. Can't wait to see Skip Bayless grinning tomorrow about this. Sanchez got outplayed by an unconventional QB who can't throw a lick. Defense should be ashamed of themselves. That last drive I would have stacked like 8-9 guys up front to stop the run (how could they not anticipate he was gonna run most of that drive after last weeks Denver game). Have to give Tebow credit. I don't know how he is doing it but he is winning games. The key for him is never turning the ball over, which he does a great job of. With that division Denver could totally get into playoffs.

Damn! I forgot all about it! I'm off today too, and there's no replay of First Take today. You'll have to tell me all about it.

I especially was laughing the other day when Stephen A. Smith was talking about how embarrassing it would be if the Jets don't win, and don't blow out the Broncos. Plus he would rip into them if they did not succeed.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:26 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Damn! I forgot all about it! I'm off today too, and there's no replay of First Take today. You'll have to tell me all about it.

I especially was laughing the other day when Stephen A. Smith was talking about how embarrassing it would be if the Jets don't win, and don't blow out the Broncos. Plus he would rip into them if they did not succeed.

Same here bro. Once he said that I knew the Jets would lose. I didn't know there was no replay of First Take either. Only saw like the last 40 minutes or so and didn't hear anything about Tebow...so pissed..Skip prolly had great commentary. I just heard that he thinks they will go 4-2 rest of the way and make the playoffs based on that week division. Keep an eye on A.J Green, heard he is game time decision and might not play plus he is playing Ravens on top of it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:43 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Yeah, I watched the final 30-40 minutes as well. Still good debate though. Yeah I read about Green -- not excited about it. Honestly, the trade looks like a jinx thus far! (though it's still early to tell).

Same here bro. Once he said that I knew the Jets would lose. I didn't know there was no replay of First Take either. Only saw like the last 40 minutes or so and didn't hear anything about Tebow...so pissed..Skip prolly had great commentary. I just heard that he thinks they will go 4-2 rest of the way and make the playoffs based on that week division. Keep an eye on A.J Green, heard he is game time decision and might not play plus he is playing Ravens on top of it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I had Green from the Jets...f@%ker got injured in the first and only got me one point :x

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:38 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
I had Green from the Jets...f@%ker got injured in the first and only got me one point :x

Try dealing with that from 3-4 different fairly big name players (or just plain old having them not start due to injury all year long, and in multiple leagues to boot).

I have some other thoughts on Tebow - here they are in a quick nutshell.

I couldn't believe you guys let him stay on the waiver wire this season. (for a week or two, once they started talking about him starting)
Now, I am not slighting any of you, in fact I think this league has become increasingly more competitive as the last couple of years have went by.

But what you guys may have NOT KNOWN , is the appeal of Tebow for a fantasy player.
I already knew from last season how that trick worked.
In the last three weeks last season, (or either the last three Tebow started, whichever) Tim Tebow was the top scorer of ALL fantasy players.
Thats right, go back and read that again.
For the three weeks combined, he was the #1 leading scorer for fantasy purposes.

Lets just say he throws for 160 yards, and a TD. That is 8 points for yardage plus 6 for the TD.......... correct? (14 points)
Thats not huge numbers for any solid fantasy QB, but here is where it gets interesting.
Tack on another 60 yards rushing for another 6 fantasy points, and now we are talking 20 points, which is an excellent return for a fantasy QB play.
Lets go out on a limb, and say he adds in a rushing TD, which is actually more often than not the case with him, as he tends to run for one pretty much every game.
See where I am going? This puts us/Tebow at 26 points, which is elite-level for a fantasy QB.

Don't be mistaken, I am not a huge Tebow fan in that sense, but I do know how strong his numbers are for fantasy.
Here we have what may be the clearest cut case for a real-life player being only "decent to poor" because of his below average passing skills, yet he is among the elite fantasy players, simply because of the nature of how he plays and his rushing.

Alsunday/Derelicts picked him weeks ago , but I knew this already from watching last season. (I believe I had Vick at the time who was a notch better)
This season I picked up Newton, who has been a great surprise for fantasy owners, and is even better in my opinion, because he can actually pass.

I didn't go yapping about this earlier in the season when the talk of Orton hitting the bench surfaced, as I didn't want any of you to pick him up! :dance: (admittedly some of you have decent options at QB already, and may not have wanted him, but for those with a marginal-to-decent QB, getting him is a no brainer)

I don't tend to give out fantasy advice or who to pick up for the most part, as we are playing for money after all. Yes, its not much, but I am competitive and even the bragging rights alone are worth scrapping for in our great league. :twisted:

Before any wise ass pipes up and says "well you are only 4-6, nobody wants that advice" , thats not the point.
It shouldn't affect any matchup, win or lose.

Anyway, I love dissecting this shite now, and I try and keep any comments to after they may affect something.

Like DrMoreau's recent pickup of Early Doucet. :sparkle:
I liked having him, but didn't get a chance to play him that I can recall, due to other lineup necessities. There for a brief stint, Fitzgerald was getting all the attention, and Doucet was a sneaky good play especially when he reeled in a TD.
The defenses may* have caught on to those antics now, but he is still a good option here and there.

Hey - why were the Crackbabies renamed to "Jonathan's Misfits" ???

I know maybe you finally wanted a change, but for nostalgic reasons, I will always remember Crackbabies. :ROTF:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:33 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

That's funny I hadn't realized he changed his teamname. Jonathan is his son, just born 3+ months ago.

Yeah he's had Crackbabies for a long time now. Guess he's starting his son early with fantasy football.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:10 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
That's funny I hadn't realized he changed his teamname. Jonathan is his son, just born 3+ months ago.

Yeah he's had Crackbabies for a long time now. Guess he's starting his son early with fantasy football.

Yes the team is named after my son Jonathan. Being a father and all figured it was time to maybe have a more mature team name. Hopefully with the new team name my team can get on a winning streak and get into the playoffs. Exactly gotta get him started eary with fantasy. Can't wait till I can battle him in fantasy.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:25 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

Try dealing with that from 3-4 different fairly big name players (or just plain old having them not start due to injury all year long, and in multiple leagues to boot).
I don't tend to give out fantasy advice or who to pick up for the most part, as we are playing for money after all. Yes, its not much, but I am competitive and even the bragging rights alone are worth scrapping for in our great league. :twisted:
Before any wise ass pipes up and says "well you are only 4-6, nobody wants that advice" , thats not the point.
It shouldn't affect any matchup, win or lose. Anyway, I love dissecting this shite now, and I try and keep any comments to after they may affect something. Hey - why were the Crackbabies renamed to "Jonathan's Misfits" ???
I know maybe you finally wanted a change, but for nostalgic reasons, I will always remember Crackbabies. :ROTF:
TZ DZ Fan

RIP CRACKBABIES

As far as injuries go, I've only been hit with that "bug" in the past few weeks with Miles Austin, etc. few others. My only problem is that my players havent been producing. Or been on a bad timing "bye" week.

TZDZ, why would I say "well you are only 4-6, nobody wants that advice"

when I can keep it nice and simple with...."Hows the weather down there?" viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1239

9th place? Why do I have the feeling you should have my spot and vice versa. I noticed the trade deadline is over by the way. No wonder you were in such a rush to dump Johnson. Well lets hope for your sake he picks it up.

By the way, what the f@%k happened to your tag line with your name. "Thank you and Good Night" Has that gone out of fashion? Or maybe its just to "Cafe-ish" LOL or are you just done thanking me for spanking your ass this year in Pte Football*. :evil: :P

*We only matched up once this year. How unfortunate for the both of us. :|

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:06 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
Why do I have the feeling you should have my spot and vice versa. I noticed the trade deadline is over by the way. No wonder you were in such a rush to dump Johnson. Well lets hope for your sake he picks it up.

By the way, what the f@%k happened to your tag line with your name. "Thank you and Good Night" Has that gone out of fashion?

I was willing to just "eat" Johnson and his bad weeks, several weeks back no biggie.
After the last post here where you basicaly said "I'd rather see you suffer with your pick"... the trade was still marked as open. (you may have been waiting till after that weekend to see how Johnson performed)
Well, I fixed that problem and canceled it altogether. After looking at CJ's end-of-season schedule, and with Blount being an injury risk combined with being surrounded by a pathetic offense this year, I wanted no part of that trade. Whether or not I finish dead last or win the damn league altogether, it didn't look to be a sweetheart of a deal anymore and made no sense.
He has turned it around a bit, and even if he only gives me fair to low points like 10-12, I'm happy.
You should have taken the deal when it was offered.
With my numbers this season, those 10-12ish numbers are big to me, and thats sad in a way, as I see some of these guys putting up huge numbers like 17+ points. Or even the occasional freak week, putting up 25+ points here and there.
Cam Newton had 1-2 nice weeks for me, but generally across the board its been under performing.

Common sense would dictate that even a "starter" like Jackie Battle for the Chiefs, would be getting good numbers, as the rest of the offense has generally fallen to pieces around him. Other than Dwayne Bowe, they are generally a running team but it just isn't happening. Big blowouts to the Chiefs, getting behind quickly and abandoning the run etc. etc., all leads to less points for me. (thats just one example)
Bowe's value is slipping with their recent QB troubles, so theres another problem.
RB troubles.... well I could write on that for hours. But if any of you have paid attention, losing Hillis and CJ being unproductive is only the tip of the iceberg really, as if those two wouldn't be bad enough to kill you in a league.
Losing one quality RB is one thing, but losing two is a death sentence in a 10+ man league.
You know, even if CJ had been hurt and out for the season in week 1, I would still have had time to pick up another "decent" RB over the first few weeks. Early in the season a couple of new starters emerge from the depth charts and you can juggle around a bit, but these problems dragged out over weeks.
Oh well, thats why I look forward to this time of year now, to play this again. :twisted:

I never really used "Thank you and good night" here much that I can remember, barring a few decent jokes and references.

On the "Crackbabies" handle - If he makes it to the league championship game, I say he brings back the "Crackbabies" handle, just for that game. :dance:
If he does win this year, it would only be fitting that he does it under the "Crackbabies" moniker, considering he has used it for so long now. That would be cool.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:35 pm 

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Like DrMoreau's recent pickup of Early Doucet. :sparkle:
I liked having him, but didn't get a chance to play him that I can recall, due to other lineup necessities. There for a brief stint, Fitzgerald was getting all the attention, and Doucet was a sneaky good play especially when he reeled in a TD.
The defenses may* have caught on to those antics now, but he is still a good option here and there.

Agreed - I had him since the draft, dropped him during a bye week make room - same as Crabtree - and they were both gobbled up. Reliable receiver since Fitzgerald gathers the most attention on the field. Being that 2 of my WRs are on the bye this week - I was glad to see him back on the block.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:
Why do I have the feeling you should have my spot and vice versa. I noticed the trade deadline is over by the way. No wonder you were in such a rush to dump Johnson. Well lets hope for your sake he picks it up.

By the way, what the f@%k happened to your tag line with your name. "Thank you and Good Night" Has that gone out of fashion?

I was willing to just "eat" Johnson and his bad weeks, several weeks back no biggie.
After the last post here where you basicaly said "I'd rather see you suffer with your pick"... the trade was still marked as open. (you may have been waiting till after that weekend to see how Johnson performed)
Well, I fixed that problem and canceled it altogether. After looking at CJ's end-of-season schedule, and with Blount being an injury risk combined with being surrounded by a pathetic offense this year, I wanted no part of that trade. Whether or not I finish dead last or win the damn league altogether, it didn't look to be a sweetheart of a deal anymore and made no sense.
He has turned it around a bit, and even if he only gives me fair to low points like 10-12, I'm happy.
You should have taken the deal when it was offered.
With my numbers this season, those 10-12ish numbers are big to me, and thats sad in a way, as I see some of these guys putting up huge numbers like 17+ points. Or even the occasional freak week, putting up 25+ points here and there.
Cam Newton had 1-2 nice weeks for me, but generally across the board its been under performing.

Common sense would dictate that even a "starter" like Jackie Battle for the Chiefs, would be getting good numbers, as the rest of the offense has generally fallen to pieces around him. Other than Dwayne Bowe, they are generally a running team but it just isn't happening. Big blowouts to the Chiefs, getting behind quickly and abandoning the run etc. etc., all leads to less points for me. (thats just one example)
Bowe's value is slipping with their recent QB troubles, so theres another problem.
RB troubles.... well I could write on that for hours. But if any of you have paid attention, losing Hillis and CJ being unproductive is only the tip of the iceberg really, as if those two wouldn't be bad enough to kill you in a league.
Losing one quality RB is one thing, but losing two is a death sentence in a 10+ man league.
You know, even if CJ had been hurt and out for the season in week 1, I would still have had time to pick up another "decent" RB over the first few weeks. Early in the season a couple of new starters emerge from the depth charts and you can juggle around a bit, but these problems dragged out over weeks.
Oh well, thats why I look forward to this time of year now, to play this again. :twisted:

I never really used "Thank you and good night" here much that I can remember, barring a few decent jokes and references.

On the "Crackbabies" handle - If he makes it to the league championship game, I say he brings back the "Crackbabies" handle, just for that game. :dance:
If he does win this year, it would only be fitting that he does it under the "Crackbabies" moniker, considering he has used it for so long now. That would be cool.

TZ DZ Fan

I will consider bringing it back if I make the championship.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Nice high-risk play TZ DZ with Torrey Smith. He rode the bench in my other league -- always tough to figure whether he'll come through or not. Cincy secondary was depleted though so it was a good shot today.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:06 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Nice high-risk play TZ DZ with Torrey Smith. He rode the bench in my other league -- always tough to figure whether he'll come through or not. Cincy secondary was depleted though so it was a good shot today.

Here's the thing......
I see his opportunities each week. (I have NFL RedZone)
Flacco always throws a few bombs to him, literally every week he chucks him 2-3 deep ones. Its just a matter of whether or not they get to close enough to Smith that he can catch them. (Note this isn't always the case with the non-dependable Flacco) There is huge upside to the guy, and I was pleasantly surprised to find him on waivers, and willing to gamble on him this week even though it wasn't a great matchup.
He came through big, and thats good as I knew CJ had a terrible matchup, and he has given me next to nothing thus far. Here's to hoping for more garbage time points from CJ!!

TZ DZ Fan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next