Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
OK, lets face it, none of us here care about the NFL. We are far more concerned with how the PTE Fantasy Football league will shape up. 8) (well maybe a tiny bit of care for the NFL)

Some interesting notes have been coming up in the last couple of days...........

Randy Moss is now with the 49'ers-----------
Meh! Not only is he getting a bit older, but going to the 49'ers has pretty much been the death of a good receiver the last few years. If he does any serious damage, I will be surprised.

Vincent Jackson is now with the Tampa Bay Bucs-----------
Meh! #2 here. Jackson has shown moments of brilliance, and is no doubt among the better receivers in the NFL. But going with Tampa Bay isn't exactly the way to highlight your achievements. Better for him if they had a decent QB to get him the ball.

Chicago Bears acquire Brandon Marshall------------
Possibly my favorite news thusfar, as Marshall was being held back in Miami. The guy sometimes makes an ass of himself to the media, but he is talented and has some real desire. Hard not to root for a guy like this, even if he does appear to be a moron at times. Not to mention Da Bears needed some more talent at WR anyway.

Pierre Garcon joins the Redskins------------
The real noteworthy thing here, is the Skins look to be in line to possibly sign Robert Griffin III. Depending on how he turns out, this could be a boost for Garcon. The Redskins have been a mess for years now, and another solid receiver beside Santana Moss should help them alot. (now they need to fire Shanahan and his "RB of the week bullshit" and let someone carry the ball consistently)

Joseph Addai and Brandon Jacobs cut/released--------------
So far, its not been much news on the running back front. These two are the bigger names that have been moved. Addai seems to be injured more often than not, but then again he wasn't really on a running offense with Peyton Manning either. Hard to say what he could put up if he was somewhere that gave him alot of carries and if he could stay injury free. Thats a pretty big if.

Peyton Manning/Matt Flynn-----------
Seriously?? Manning should just go ahead and retire. He may have a couple of good seasons left, but I'm tired of hearing about him at this point, and I don't really care who he plays for.
Now Matt Flynn on the other hand, thats a bit more interesting. He has been very strong in the few times we have seen him play. He would be a great addition to a team that could use a good QB.

More news in the coming days.........................

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
The Colts without Peyton Manning are a non contending team - hmm, just like last season. Andrew Luck needs to sit on the bench for the remaining Manning years just like Rodgers did for Fabre. Lets be honest, Peyton made the Colts not the other way around. I believe he's got at least 3 good years left. Hell, even 2 years would make Denver, Miami, Arizona, or even the Titans as a real contending team.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Love this new thread and how we can discuss how offseason moves or potential ones could affect our fantasy league next year.

Randy Moss obviously is a huge question mark. Hasn't played in a year and wasn't really a factor in 2010. If Alex Smith is still the starting QB (which unless something drastic happens he will be) then Moss won't make the impact he believes he can. In all honesty the Saints would have been an ideal situation since Brees uses all his offensive weapons.

Vincent Jackson I totally agree with what is mentioned above. Has moments of brilliance (especially in fantasy) but don't understand going to Tampa. I could be wrong but with Freeman regressing last year not as confident in this move having any real value.

Marshall was a great move. Now "Crybaby" Cutler needs to step up with his new #1 receiver. I think this move definitely moves both up the draftboard. This also eliminates them from getting Manning I believe. They are more likely to get Flynn who has worked with their new coach (old offensive coordinator for Green Bay). Makes more sense for them anyway. They are looking for a QB to play the next decade, not 2-3 years tops.

Pierre Garcon going to Redskins definitely makes sense for both but I just feel that Washington is a place where they overpay for players who never live up to it. Santana Moss has obviously and I hope Garcon follows but its definitely something to watch.

Joseph Adai and Brandon Jacobs getting cut makes sense. Adai is finished, he isn't the same player when he came out and Colts are rebuilding which on another note doesn't make sense why Reggie Wayne resigned with them. I know Luck will need him but if Luck struggles Wayne will put up similar or worse numbers than last year. Loved Jacobs but you know what he got his 2 rings and I appreciate him helping us win. He is on the downside of his career and quite frankly I won't miss seeing him miss from 3rd and 1. I wish him luck on his next team.

Peyton Manning is my favorite NFL player so I can't get enough of hearing about him. He got crapped on in Indy but I guess with them rebuilding its a blessing they didn't want him back. Still believe he has 2 solid years is not 3 left in the tank. He could have been a great teacher for Luck but unfortunately Colts didn't wanna go that route with the rebuilding. On that note I see him going to Cardinals and teaming with Larry Fitz (Manning would give his fantasy value a boost no doubt). The Dark Horse in this is Titans (he could team up with Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt).

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I would have loved for my pathetic Vikings to make Garcon a piece of their rebuilding puzzle.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

whitsbrain wrote:
I would have loved for my pathetic Vikings to make Garcon a piece of their rebuilding puzzle.

Yeah I like Garcon, won't like seeing him in a Redskins uniform though. He would have made a nice tandem with Harvin.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:52 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

GM Jeff Ireland just announced he will trade Long, Pouncey and Reggie Bush for a bag of magic beans! He says its the deal of the century.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:49 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:
Peyton Manning is my favorite NFL player so I can't get enough of hearing about him. He got crapped on in Indy but I guess with them rebuilding its a blessing they didn't want him back. Still believe he has 2 solid years is not 3 left in the tank. He could have been a great teacher for Luck but unfortunately Colts didn't wanna go that route with the rebuilding. On that note I see him going to Cardinals and teaming with Larry Fitz (Manning would give his fantasy value a boost no doubt). The Dark Horse in this is Titans (he could team up with Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt).

Double entendre there my friend. Yes, The Dark Horse, aka me, would love to have Peyton with the Titans!!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I have a bit more confidence regarding the VJax move. Now, the dude is a diva so we'll really see what happens, but I have more faith in Josh Freeman. I'm baffled by his regression last season, but the guy can throw, so I feel like he'll be back up this year. Also, looking forward to seeing Greg Schiano coach these guys. I think if VJax just plays the game and isn't hindered by injury or bitchiness, he's a big weapon that'll help Freeman grow (and perhaps turn into the solid QB2 on a fantasy squad that I expected him to be last year).

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:

Double entendre there my friend. Yes, The Dark Horse, aka me, would love to have Peyton with the Titans!!

Lol yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him in Tennessee over the Broncos (not sure why they are still in the running with no wr's,rbs or offensive line) but I would still love to see him team up Larry Fitz..that would be insanity plus both would be on my fantasy squad next year.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Megatron with the mega deal. I think its great he is staying with the Lions. I think their success last year and the health of Stafford helped make this decision easier to stay (trust me I know the money helped also lol). I see the Lions on the right path and am glad Calvin didn't leave and wants to see this thing through. As long as Stafford stays healthy and the Lions add a rb, I can see them doing some real damage next year.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:27 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Giants sign Martellus Bennett (FA from Dallas) to play TE since Ballard and Beckum are out with ACL tears. Could be interesting, dude is a big guy, just needs to prove his worth now.

Orton goes to Dallas to back up Romo. Henne signs with Jacksonville. Hillis signs with the Chiefs.

Word is Peyton has narrowed his choices to Denver and Tennessee -- go Titans! Get your man.

Love NFL free agency. 8)

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

The NFL free agency is definitely different than MLB. These guys are signing so fast. Mario Williams is closer to signing a deal with the bills. I guess it's all about the money because the bills are awful and won't creep up the division...except maybe moving above the jets since they extended "Dirty" Sanchez' contract for another 3 years. Tampa so far has done the best. I like their moves a lot. Kind of messed up that they weren't this hard during Morris' reign as coach. I hope Schiano does well. And I hope Peyton goes to the Titans. They have a lot of offensive power there. he already proved he doesn't need a defense to win. And if he chooses to go to Denver then my Raiders will have to finish off his neck.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:43 am 

Bud Adams, the Titans owner, is offering Peyton Manning a "contract for life," Reports KHOU - Click Here

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:55 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Titans signed Steve Hutchinson to multi-year deal -- positive sign for possibly signing Manning, since Hutch will help protect him. Another bonus for blocking for CJ too. With Cortland Finnegan moving to the Rams (back with Fisher), the D loses a little edge, but he's a douche anyway. Tenn D is solid, better than the Indy D.

Super Mario signed with the Bills -- well they're more relevant than they were, but that division is just tough.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:10 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Giants sign Martellus Bennett (FA from Dallas) to play TE since Ballard and Beckum are out with ACL tears. Could be interesting, dude is a big guy, just needs to prove his worth now.

Orton goes to Dallas to back up Romo. Henne signs with Jacksonville. Hillis signs with the Chiefs.

Word is Peyton has narrowed his choices to Denver and Tennessee -- go Titans! Get your man.

Love NFL free agency. 8)

If this is true then I hope he goes to Tennessee just don't see the value in Denver. Bennett should be solid, a nice big target for Eli. I hear Shockey wants to come back...wouldn't mind that at all. Hillis n Chiefs makes no sense, figured he would want a starting gig. Henne could win the job in Jacksonville.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:53 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Boss signed with the chiefs. Can't wait to watch the Raider receivers burn routt and the Raider Lbs/Dbs clock Boss in the middle of the field...I smell concussion. I hear Peyton has the Titans as the favorite. And the signing of Hutchinson seems like a move that would suggest Tennessee feels the same. Hillis is irrelevant no matter where he went. The dude sucks. All he has is size and 1 good season. He's a poor mans Mike Alstott.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:55 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Now the 49ers are potentials for Peyton??? This is ridiculous. Just sign with Tennessee and be done with it!

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm 

PublicMenace69 wrote:
Hillis is irrelevant no matter where he went. The dude sucks. All he has is size and 1 good season. He's a poor mans Mike Alstott.

I disagree. I would rather have him in my stable than about 1/3 of the RBs out there.
I do think he had a bit of a lucky season though, but lets put it in perspective.
He was playing for the Browns, which generally are terrible, and they aren't known for having a good line in front of him. Plus he can catch a fair amount of passes for a back of his size, and considering he has been there with Colt (I look like i'm 12 and play like it too) McCoy that should stand out as something.

He does need to be more than just a back up guy, which he most likely WILL be a back up, with Jamaal Charles in the picture at KC.
That could turn out to be a real f@%k in KC though. Charles could be hit and miss after last year, and if Hillis has injury problems, it could be another awful season for the Chiefs.
Oh wait, its the CHIEFS so every season is awful.

I would certainly rather have him than say a Rashard Mendenhall. :| Why people are so high on that gimp I will never understand. (which means I will most likely get stuck with him as my primary back this coming season after 43 injuries)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Can't believe Mike Wallace is still on the market as well as Ben Jarvis-Green Ellis. Wallace makes a great tandem with Brown, not sure why Steelers haven't moved on this already or atleast had franchised him. Looks like Pittsburgh is on their way to being a sos-so team, many cuts this offseason. Green Ellis is a solid rb...if the Pats don't want him..Giants should take a nice look at him to complement Bradshaw and get some goal line carries.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:10 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

G-Men need another RB after cutting Jacobs loose. I'd take a look at Green-Ellis. Who else is out there? They may also draft a RB if it's slim pickings.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:08 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
G-Men need another RB after cutting Jacobs loose. I'd take a look at Green-Ellis. Who else is out there? They may also draft a RB if it's slim pickings.

I know Addai is available but he is done in my opinion and has been for a few years, no one will touch him in my opinion. Good ole LT but he is older now and similar to bradshaw. Michael Bush but like your bro said why would he leave to be a backup when he can just stay with Oakland if thats the case.Cedric Benson who has been solid...wouldn't be a bad compliment. Steve Slaton but again speed guy like bradshaw.Thomas Jones same as LT old. Mike Tolbert is another guy that would be a nice 1-2 punch with Bradshaw. Green Ellis and Tolbert are the guys I'd go after with outside shot at Benson.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:40 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Oh I didn't know Tolbert was available too. Yeah, The Law Firm or Koolaid Man would be good choices to look at.

Brady Quinn and Eric Winston signed with the Chiefs. I know PublicMenace was hoping the Raiders would sign Winston.

Mario Manningham signed with the 49ers. More WR options for Alex Smith -- better be for Smith, and NOT Peyton.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:06 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Oh I didn't know Tolbert was available too. Yeah, The Law Firm or Koolaid Man would be good choices to look at.

Brady Quinn and Eric Winston signed with the Chiefs. I know PublicMenace was hoping the Raiders would sign Winston.

Mario Manningham signed with the 49ers. More WR options for Alex Smith -- better be for Smith, and NOT Peyton.

At this point it better be Tennessee. Like I've been saying the Broncos have no weapons to help him win a championship and I just despise the 49ers with whom now I feel we have a nice rivalry with them after how solid they played against us last year. In the end I still believe Titans with CJ and Britt and emerging Cook at TE give Manning what he needs. I know 49er fans will say we have Crabtree, Manningham, Moss, Gore, Vernon Davis, a solid defense and all but Manning won't look good in Red..he should stick to the blue and be closer to home in Tennessee....plus he played college in Tennessee, why not finish where you started.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:14 pm 

Matt Flynn is now with Seattle.
That should give the Seahawks a legitimate chance at being a serious team. (of course all this comes down to when and if they can get their receiving team performing/healthy)

Marshawn Lynch on that note, seems to be one of the biggest "hit or miss" RBs I have ever seen. Its like he just doesn't wasnt to take the field sometimes, and others he won't stop running and breaking tackles.
It will be more interesting to me , to see what happens with this team , than most others.

Michael Bush is a key RB now, for a couple of reasons but as pointed out before........ Why would he leave to be a backup elsewhere? Theres something else to consider, it all depends on what he wants too! In his eyes he may want to go to another "more promising organization". ( err financial reasons too)
One thing that he might like really, is the fact that McFadden seems to be injury prone, and can't put together a good full season, and last year's attempt actually got to be a bit scary with his foot injury. He may say, "WTF, I can stay here, be considered a backup and still get plenty of starts".
All I know is if he moves, I am extremely interested in where he goes.

Manning does need to be in Tennessee. Perfect fit for him if you think about all variables, like many of you have pointed out. In fact, I will be shocked if he goes anywhere else.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

Manning at Tennessee? Been there, done that!

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:04 am 

Peyton is a Bronco - just announced

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:01 pm 

One can't help but wonder how much of this is an ego stroke, for him to come to Denver and essentially (eliminate???) the Tebow shite storm that has been around for the last year and a half or so.
Keep in mind this Tebow hoopla, has not only been the talk of football for the last year, but has essentially been the talk of SPORTS.

I am sure he will do what he can to fit in there in Denver, and the Broncs certainly seem like they want him to fit right in.
But I tend to think the best spot for him to be is with the Titans...... as many of you here also seem to feel.

Bring on Jake Locker. ;)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:20 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I'm very disappointed that he didn't sign with the Titans. He could've played the Colts twice each season and attempted to rub it in their faces, beat up on them and maybe bring the Titans to a SB. Tebowmania is finished. Where will Tebow go now?

Tolbert signed with Carolina. Why? They have DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. I don't get this move.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm 

With Tolbert now in Carolina, its almost a given that DeAngelo Williams or J-Stewart will be off the roster in the coming weeks.
They simply don't need the extra top-notch talent at RB, and they most likely could get some solid trade value realistically from either player. (not to mention they have arguably the best goal line QB in the game, if last season is any indication)
On that note, I tend to think Carolina will "reign-in" Newton, and protect their investment a bit more, and you won't see quite as many reckless attempts near the goal line this season. This obviously will hurt his fantasy value a bit, similar to the way Mike Vick's took a hit.

The more this pans out, the more I am looking at Carolina as one of my favorite teams to watch play. (although it is a stretch to say that any team is a real favorite of mine really)
Tolbert is a nice scrappy addition, and I have enjoyed watching him the last few seasons.
The word is, Tolbert left well over a million dollars on the table in San Diego, just to play with Carolina.

Link

Too bad the Carolina defense is pretty much non-existant. They lost a handful of close games last year because their strong offense with Newton at the helm kept them in some games.

This ongoing RB news is far more interesting to me, than any of the other cuts and signings around the NFL.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

I'm shocked as well that Manning signed with Denver. Wanted him to play with Titans and rub it in Irsay's face but he chose another path. He is my favorite player so I will just believe that he knows what he is doing. Hopefully he could win another Super Bowl before his career is over. Hell man he is a 4 time MVP..he deserves atleast 2 SB rings.

Not sure where Tebow will go now. Not really any starting jobs out there to be honest. Miami is has an opening but rumor is they aren't interested and their new coach doesn't want to bank on Tebow with this being his first coaching gig. 49ers could be looking but I'm sure they will make up with Smith who is mad (I mean 1 good season out of 7 and this punk thinks the 49ers owe him something...someone should remind him that he isn't and never will be in the same class as Peyton). Looks like Tebow will possibly go somewhere where he is used in Wildcat formations. I know it won't happen but he would be a great 3rd string QB for the Giants.

As for Tolbert there must be something up. Why would he go to a team with Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. I personally think DeAngelo should be moved but with his stupid contract its prolly easier to move Stewart. They definitely should move one for some defensive help.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:19 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Well I heard Miami signed David Garrard for a year. Not sure if that means much, but looks like he and Matt Moore will compete in camp.

Jaguars signed Aaron Ross. Don't care as much since Ross lost a step or two, but I did like him early in his career. Plus at least he helped partake in both Giants Super Bowl wins.

Titans signed Scott's boy Kamerion Wimbley. I hope he does well there. Heard he's going back to DE (played LB in Oakland).

Also heard Hines retired since he doesn't want to play anywhere other than Pitt. Poor Hines -- a shame he's forced out that way, a la Marvin Harrison.

So far things are interesting. Let's see what happens to Tebow.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:43 pm 

IMO - Tebow should stay a Bronco. Study under Manning and emerge a better quarter back. Look what happened last season when Manning was down for the count. At least Tebow made something happen for the Broncos. A few years training under Manning should be a win/win scenario for everyone.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Well I heard Miami signed David Garrard for a year. Not sure if that means much, but looks like he and Matt Moore will compete in camp.

Jaguars signed Aaron Ross. Don't care as much since Ross lost a step or two, but I did like him early in his career. Plus at least he helped partake in both Giants Super Bowl wins.

Titans signed Scott's boy Kamerion Wimbley. I hope he does well there. Heard he's going back to DE (played LB in Oakland).

Also heard Hines retired since he doesn't want to play anywhere other than Pitt. Poor Hines -- a shame he's forced out that way, a la Marvin Harrison.

Wimbley is a nice pick up. His natural position is DE so he should rack up sacks. He got 16 in 2 seasons with the raiders. Only thing I'm pissed about is he took a pay cut. So why didn't he take that same cut when the Raiders asked him to?

And Houston traded DeMeco Ryans to the eagles for a mid-round pick! I'm pissed. If that is all it took the Raiders should've tried for him. I hate the Eagles, but DeMeco is one of my fav LBs. And you got me his jersey a couple of years ago for Christmas, Chris. Bogus. I can't get a jersey without the guy going somewhere else lol.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:02 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

PublicMenace69 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Wimbley is a nice pick up. His natural position is DE so he should rack up sacks. He got 16 in 2 seasons with the raiders. Only thing I'm pissed about is he took a pay cut. So why didn't he take that same cut when the Raiders asked him to?

And Houston traded DeMeco Ryans to the eagles for a mid-round pick! I'm pissed. If that is all it took the Raiders should've tried for him. I hate the Eagles, but DeMeco is one of my fav LBs. And you got me his jersey a couple of years ago for Christmas, Chris. Bogus. I can't get a jersey without the guy going somewhere else lol.

I got to say Scott you are correct. I thought your curse only affected the Raiders but I guess not lol. Maybe you should give me your Eli jersey now just in case lmao.

Can't believe the Texans gave up Ryans for practically nothing. f@%king Eagles trying build that dream team once again I see.

Tebow I can see in Jacksonville. I heard the owner loves him. Don't get the Garrard signing. Dolphins are better off moving up in the draft to take the next best QB after Luck and RG3.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:50 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

jcrm316 wrote:
PublicMenace69 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

I got to say Scott you are correct. I thought your curse only affected the Raiders but I guess not lol. Maybe you should give me your Eli jersey now just in case lmao.

Can't believe the Texans gave up Ryans for practically nothing. f@%king Eagles trying build that dream team once again I see.

Tebow I can see in Jacksonville. I heard the owner loves him. Don't get the Garrard signing. Dolphins are better off moving up in the draft to take the next best QB after Luck and RG3.

Well I haven't worn the Manning jersey yet so he's still in the clear lol. When I wear it is when you need to start praying he doesn't get traded lol

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 pm 

I think the David Garrard signing may be decent for Miami.
Sure, he isn't "top notch", but he had some decent games and by all accounts he seems to have some desire.

That aside, I think the problems in Miami aren't just at QB.
Its like I told fellow board member Alsunday the other night at a poker game....."sometimes I think Miami just wants to lose".

Getting rid of Brandon Marshall was a wretched move in my opinion. I mean seriously, he is about the closest thing they had to a "star" left, except Reggie Bush.
The more I think about it, its like Miami is content to just field a team of "mediocres".

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Your organization starts from the top. You have to have good leadership. That means a good business team, which Ross is horrible but I think Ireland has some hope. Then you have to have good coaches. They haven't done a good job to date replacing Shula when he left. Not a single person they have brought in could fill his shoes to any degree. Then you have to have the QB, someone that can lead the team on the field and in the locker room. They haven't had that since Marino retired and they are not fixing it with the addition of Garrard. He's just another patch in the long line of patches since Marino retired. Hopefully they use their draft pick in the first round on Tannehill or trade back and use one on Weeden. Both have good potential and I hope they can become great.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Looks like Tebow will either be traded to the Jags or Jets today. Very interesting the Jets getting involved. I like Tebow so I prefer he goes to the Jags where with their QB situation he has a shot at a possible starting job. The Jets will never even consider benching their newly signed (ridiculous extension) crybaby.

I agree with all above about Miami. They never seem to really wanna win. They have talent every year and instead of growing with that talent they let key people go and try to replicate it all over again. Yes Garrard has talent but he is 33-34. Him and Moore aren't the long term answer. They need to draft a franchise QB. Thought Flynn was perfect for them with his connection to the coach, but I guess he realized that they accept mediocrity in Miami and didn't wanna play for a team that seems to only turn it on in the 2nd half to appease their fan base, only to start out the following year terrible.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:18 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

jcrm316 wrote:
Looks like Tebow will either be traded to the Jags or Jets today. Very interesting the Jets getting involved. I like Tebow so I prefer he goes to the Jags where with their QB situation he has a shot at a possible starting job. The Jets will never even consider benching their newly signed (ridiculous extension) crybaby.

I agree with all above about Miami. They never seem to really wanna win. They have talent every year and instead of growing with that talent they let key people go and try to replicate it all over again. Yes Garrard has talent but he is 33-34. Him and Moore aren't the long term answer. They need to draft a franchise QB. Thought Flynn was perfect for them with his connection to the coach, but I guess he realized that they accept mediocrity in Miami and didn't wanna play for a team that seems to only turn it on in the 2nd half to appease their fan base, only to start out the following year terrible.

Tebow has a shot of becoming a starter in Jacksonville? Tebow sucks. He is definitely not better than Gabbert. Stop believing the hype lol.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:19 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

PublicMenace69 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Yeah bro, I just heard about DeMeco Ryans this morning. I can't believe it! The lone Texans jersey you've got. Well don't get rid of it!! You can still support the player despite his current team.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

lazyboyx51 wrote:
PublicMenace69 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Yeah bro, I just heard about DeMeco Ryans this morning. I can't believe it! The lone Texans jersey you've got. Well don't get rid of it!! You can still support the player despite his current team.

I'd never get rid of it. Just sucks to see him traded...esp to a team I hate.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 pm 

BenJarvus Green-Ellis joins Bengals

Former New England Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on Wednesday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. He likely will replace Cedric Benson, who is a free agent, as the Bengals' featured running back. (ESPN)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Cedric Benson may well have been the king of the grinding out small yardage carries.
Hard to say where he may end up, and if he does go somewhere, how much will he be used??

This has got to be a step up for Green-Ellis though. Belichick and gang just aren't dependable with RBs, and you really never knew who might come in on a given play, which of course wreaks havoc on fantasy players.
Maybe he will be a player worth owning this year, as opposed to past seasons.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Really wish Giants would have made a run at Law Firm but oh well..atleast he becomes even more of a fantasy rb must have with more carries then NE. Maybe Giants will take a look at Benson but more likely go through draft or stick with what they have. Still feel they need to sign or draft a big rb to be a change of pace back for Bradshaw or even take over if Bradshaw inevitably gets hurt with those weak feet of his.

Tebow to the Jets makes no sense to me. He has no shot at starting with all the money the Jets invested in Sanchez. If he really truly wants to be a QB in this league then the Jaguars were the logical choice, with atleast a chance of competing for a starting position. Word is he had his choice and he still chose Jets. Guess only he and God know why he chose that disfunctional team. I mean Elway was Coy with his choice of words for Tebow...Rex "Big Mouth" Ryan will get right up in your face. We shall see how this all unfolds.

Wanna give some respect to Hines Ward. Was a great receiver for man years and prolly the best blocking WR ever to play the game. I'm glad he didn't try to hang on with another team just for the sake of doing so. Love to see guys retire with the only team they ever played for.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm 

Bears sign RB Michael Bush--

Free-agent running back Michael Bush agreed to a four-year contract with the Chicago Bears which could pay him $14 million, the Chicago Tribune reported Thursday. Matt Forte is Chicago's franchise player and wants a new contract. He has not signed his franchise tender and Bush provides insurance in case he Forte decides to wait for a new contract.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is garbage news if I ever heard it.
Bush has the talent to be a starter somewhere, and him lingering around and backing up Forte is a waste.
(since they seem to want to utilize Forte in damn near every play if they can)

This is just a waste of good RB talent.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:52 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Free-agent running back Michael Bush agreed to a four-year contract with the Chicago Bears which could pay him $14 million, the Chicago Tribune reported Thursday. Matt Forte is Chicago's franchise player and wants a new contract. He has not signed his franchise tender and Bush provides insurance in case he Forte decides to wait for a new contract.

Bush has the talent to be a starter somewhere, and him lingering around and backing up Forte is a waste.
(since they seem to want to utilize Forte is damn near every play if they can)

TZ DZ Fan

Certainly is. He might as well have stayed in Oakland. I guess there are not too many options to start at RB. Even in Washington, he would still ride the Shanahan carousel. With Tolbert and BGE off the table, I would've liked him with NYG to supplement Bradshaw. There is not much left out there -- they must either be waiting for the draft or they'll try to lure Jacobs back when no else shows interest.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

lazyboyx51 wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

(since they seem to want to utilize Forte is damn near every play if they can)

TZ DZ Fan

Certainly is. He might as well have stayed in Oakland. I guess there are not too many options to start at RB. Even in Washington, he would still ride the Shanahan carousel. With Tolbert and BGE off the table, I would've liked him with NYG to supplement Bradshaw. There is not much left out there -- they must either be waiting for the draft or they'll try to lure Jacobs back when no else shows interest.

I wish he would've stayed in Oakland. He would've gotten more reps...even with McFadden healthy. But I don't think they offered him a contract because they knew what he was looking for. But Cincinnati has to be the stupidest team for taking BGE over him. Bush is way better. I am glad he went to the Bears though because that team doesn't bother me.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

Marion Barber retires -

Not much to say here, but I kind of feel bad for the guy.
That late season game last year where he made a couple of mistakes,are most likely still haunting him and more than likely didn't help when considering playing another year or retiring.
(you may not recall, but he went out of bounds late in a game, and many argued it helped cost them a game when trying to run the clock out, I believe there was a late fumble that game also)

At 28, he may have had another decent season or two left.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:03 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Damn he was only 28..I thought he was atleast 30-31. Yeah stinks to end your career on a sour note.

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Marion Barber retires -

That late season game last year where he made a couple of mistakes,are most likely still haunting him and more than likely didn't help when considering playing another year or retiring.
(you may not recall, but he went out of bounds late in a game, and many argued it helped cost them a game when trying to run the clock out, I believe there was a late fumble that game also)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:47 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Marion Barber retires -

TZ DZ Fan

I almost posted about Marion. I'm a fan of Barber, even when he played with Dallas, and I HATE the Cowboys. I even picked up Barber after Forte got hurt; Barber nearly cost me a PtE Fantasy Football championship with that debacle. I was surprised he retired already, but he did seem to have lost a step from his first few years.

Chicago doesn't seem to be respecting Forte at all; I understand with his injury they want to secure themselves by signing Bush, but give Forte a contract! The dude deserves it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Brandon Jacobs signs 1 year deal with the 49ers. Looks like all the giants wanna team up with San Fran lol. Looking more and more like the giants will stick with what they got or draft a rb. Gonna miss Jacobs who helped contribute to 2 SB's but I will not miss his big mouth and him getting stuffed on 3rd n 1's lol. That shite used to drive me crazy for such a big guy he played soft at times. Good luck in San Fran.