Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:19 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
alsunday wrote:
I would hardly say that I was whining. I wasn't even going to say anything. I don't think its "the most bogus trade" like Sean does, just unbalanced and in TZ's favor. As for Charles for Brady straight up, it would depend on the team. Who else I have at RB and who I have or can get at QB.

Again, I voted Veto because I thought it was a bit too uneven. Others didn't. I only spoke, because I wanted to give some light as to why some might have thought it uneven instead of just whining that it was a "bogus trade."

That's cool, Al. Your response was fine. I don't think Sean needed quite so many exclamation points in his message. That came off as anger, I think. I have just been countering and explaining why I like to make trades. It makes it more fun from this point on. I'm glad the trade was approved, I would have been surprised if it hadn't because Matthews is such a question mark. One could make a case that at least Vick is a known so that makes the trade less risky. But if you are evaluating based on draft position, I can see where it may seem lopsided.

I think it looks like I gave up a lot for Charles, but I don't think Brady is going to have a great year and I don't like Matthews. Simple as that. I didn't want to keep "checking the box" to start two players I didn't really want to keep. Like TZDZ said, I was one of those kind of sleep walking through the draft.

I have been commissioner in a number of higher buck leagues. The silliest thing I can remember happening is one year, we hold the draft. Everything goes as smooth as silk. This is like a week before the season starts. I setup the league web site and start waivers. One of the owners drops someone he drafted before the first game and picks up a rookie QB...Brady Quinn. Another of the owners, his first year in our league, starts screaming bloody murder that the other owner was able to pick up Quinn before the first game. I apologized that once I start waivers, as I did every year before that, you can do add/drops. The guy goes ballistic about how it needed to be in the league constitution and how I allowed one owner to make his team better before the season starts. Mind you, this is Brady Quinn, rookie QB. Sure, Quinn was a mystery at that point but if he is going to be a league changer, why didn't anyone draft him?

Anyway, the guy quits the league before the season even starts. I scrambled and found an owner who was willing to take the team which the quitter had drafted. Turns out Quinn was totally insignificant. But I did add a line in the league rules about add/drops.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Seems to me there was never any issues in the PtE league previously until Sean joined, at least nothing that became bitchy. Bottom line: I respect everyone's opinions but certainly can be smoother ways to trash talk. Now everyone is all in a huff. Get over it.

No worries. I asked to make what a few see as a crazy trade, but again, I like trades. Most approved of it, some didn't. I've had fun trying to defend my insanity and clear lack of football knowledge :)

I hope I didn't cause you too much stress, Lazy. I am looking forward to keeping track of what happens to these players for the rest of the year.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:43 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
whitsbrain wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:
Seems to me there was never any issues in the PtE league previously until Sean joined, at least nothing that became bitchy. Bottom line: I respect everyone's opinions but certainly can be smoother ways to trash talk. Now everyone is all in a huff. Get over it.

No worries. I asked to make what a few see as a crazy trade, but again, I like trades. Most approved of it, some didn't. I've had fun trying to defend my insanity and clear lack of football knowledge :)

I hope I didn't cause you too much stress, Lazy. I am looking forward to keeping track of what happens to these players for the rest of the year.

Haha, no stress here Whit, thanks for your concern. Honestly, I've always enjoyed our league and its competitive nature. I certainly don't mind trash talking here and there, I just don't like our harmony disrupted so much that it can get ugly. In my other league, I tossed out a manager 3 years ago (who had been playing with us for a few seasons both football and baseball) because of some really disparaging remarks, nothing even close to what we're dealing with here. However, since I've witnessed that ugliness I'm a little sensitive to the oversensitivity in these leagues.

Personally, as I've already stated, I thought your trade made sense. Initial instinct would've made me hit veto right away but I looked at the trade and really thought it made sense for both teams and was a fair trade-off (at least according to my scales). Heck, in my other league last season, I drafted Rodgers and in a later round, Matt Stafford. Of course Stafford ended up having an insane season, but with Rodgers it made no sense to have both, so I traded Rodgers for WR AJ Green to bolster my WRs. Of course, it was too little too late, and I didn't make the playoffs, but I was happy I made that trade AND it went through. I expect a loss this weekend to TZ DZ Fan, but I'm really hoping Brady & company get shut out by Buffalo (miracles anyone?) and I pull out a major upset. All fun & games. Good luck to you this weekend.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
The odd thing about this , is something that many of you don't know.

The manager Sean is really a rather quiet guy in real life, compared to most people.
I do know he is very passionate about fantasy football, so there must be some other issues.(aside from the fact I don't think he has a clue how good Jamaal Charles is)
I mentioned a few in my last post.

Lazy- I wouldn't be so sure about a loss this weekend just yet.
Gronk may not even play, and even if he does the Pats haven't been exactly tearing it up. (which is another reason I thought even contemplating of veto of the trade was silly, but anyway.......)
Something else, the Bills have a history of playing the Pats hard in Buffalo.

Whit mentioned something, and about if the Pats slow down.
Never in my life have I had that many skill positions filled by starting players on the same team.
(Brandon Lloyd, Brady and Gronk)
I am not in love with the idea, and I have always tried to avoid it.

In fact, I am thinking of offering Gronk up in a trade (plus another) to the Misfits for Jimmy Graham, in a 2 for 1 trade.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:48 am 

Good luck this week ladies....... :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Let's do it!!!!!

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:13 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

I guess you guys were wrong...Michael Turner is far from done. 2nd straight solid week (14 last week, 22 this week). Guess that DU has given him a 2nd wind to prove himself. Hope he can keep it up all season long.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:53 pm 

I still wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

ATL is throwing way too much, not to mention they are using Rodgers more and more.

Regardless of his weekly output currently, I wouldn't want to be starting him and wondering.
Theres alot of players like that though,so who knows.

Hopefully you do well with him but, I just know I* won't be gambling on his usage and performance the rest of the way.

The important thing is you knocked off Death Ro from going 4-0.
Thats good news for the rest of the league!!! Good win.... :D

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Thanks buddy...I mean Turner is a better option than the non-existent Shonn Green(hate that guy but with lack of rb depth this year had to take him lol)

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 am 

jcrm316 wrote:
Thanks buddy...I mean Turner is a better option than the non-existent Shonn Green(hate that guy but with lack of rb depth this year had to take him lol)

Agreed.
I would easily take Turner over Greene.

On that note, Sanchez stunk the field up so bad, there were plenty of boos. The calling for Tebow is already starting. :dance:

Tebow is the perfect example of........
Tebow = bad for traditional QB aspects, great for fantasy.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Couldn't agree more..even though I believe he has more talent than Sanchez ever will lol (Atleast Sanchez has Eva Longoria)

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:

Agreed.
I would easily take Turner over Greene.

On that note, Sanchez stunk the field up so bad, there were plenty of boos. The calling for Tebow is already starting. :dance:

Tebow is the perfect example of........
Tebow = bad for traditional QB aspects, great for fantasy.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm 

So here we are roughly 1/4 of the way through the season.........

Anyone got any thoughts or bitching on the season thusfar??

Lots of WR injuries currently. Santonio Holmes is now out, and its looking more and more like Hakeem Nicks' season is going down the tubes due to multiple injuries.
Many big names like Jordy Nelson, Brandon Lloyd and even Megatron aren't producing quite to the level most predicted preseason.

I have a few other thoughts concerning our fantasy league, I will post them in the next day or two.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yeah the Stafford to Megatron magic I hoped to rekindle has fizzled. Still only 25% done, so I hope they come to life soon. Really, my team has not played on all cylinders and I've been struck with a tough schedule. As per the weekly recap from last week, if I had played TZ DZ's schedule Weeks 1-3, I would've been 3-0 based on my scores for those weeks and he would've been 0-3 facing my schedule. That's just my luck this season, and really fantasy football in general. I've looked at my other league and noticed that I hadn't finished top 3 since 2005 (when I won first place and we were not playing for money then). This league I've seen more success, but so far this season looks like a wash altogether.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 pm 

Even though I have gotten some wins, my team and certain players have definitely underperformed.
Brandon Lloyd, Gronk, LeSean McCoy, Jordy Nelson..... realistically ALL have underperformed so far.
(Michael Vick is yet another who wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before I traded him also)
I should be 3-1 convincingly, but they just haven't scored that way.
Last week a few came to life though.

Even Jamaal Charles had 2 bad/so-so weeks before the monster game, then I traded him off.

Its not just my team (players), its several powerhouses, such as the Patriots, and the Packers and the Lions all three have been mediocre-to-decent so far this season. (the Saints have scored, but their defense has been so bad I believe some blind paraplegics could score on them this season)

Several players on the Razorblades team hasn't been up to scratch either, like McFadden, Larry Fitzgerald, and even Antonio Gates have all been a bit of a let down.
Just as Matt Stafford and Megatron on your team has also.

Its been an odd season, but I think a few key players (and teams?) will catch fire like they always do.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am 

This looks to be another interesting week, because of all the byes.

It has really wreaked havoc on 2 of my teams, with the byes combined with injuries(which have stacked up at an unbelievable rate for me on 2 teams). I have suffered the least injuries on my pte team with only Ryan Williams, Denarius Moore,Donald Brown and Peyton Hillis being problems.
Hillis was only an emergency backup essentially and even that was only for when I had Charles, but Donald Brown and Ryan Williams were BOTH to take over in my bye weeks, so losing them has sucked.
That caused me to suck up pretty much everyone on the wire for any hope of RBs next week.
I'll have a brutal week when the Pats go on bye too. :dance:

The next few weeks will be tough on many owners.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
This season started out as flag football and has now become General Hospital-ization. :P

My only real bitch is that I've been home on a real computer a total of 7 days in 2 1/2 months and haven't had a chance to really manage my team to their best potential. I'm luck if I can get connection longer that 5 minutes to make roster decisions by Wednesday let alone by the weekend. And rust me, Fantasy Football is harder than shite when I have to use my iphone or ipad because my frickin hotspot has no service.

Anyway - you all suck and I should be winning ;)

Lazy - I swear - I'll get you the money before the end of the season. That goes for you to TZDZ on the picture matter.

DrM

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:05 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
This season started out as flag football and has now become General Hospital-ization. :P

My only real bitch is that I've been home on a real computer a total of 7 days in 2 1/2 months and haven't had a chance to really manage my team to their best potential. I'm luck if I can get connection longer that 5 minutes to make roster decisions by Wednesday let alone by the weekend. And rust me, Fantasy Football is harder than shite when I have to use my iphone or ipad because my frickin hotspot has no service.

Anyway - you all suck and I should be winning ;)

Lazy - I swear - I'll get you the money before the end of the season. That goes for you to TZDZ on the picture matter.

DrM

Well your last minute decision to pick up Santana Moss paid off for you last week when you beat me haha. My team just doesn't want to play on all cylinders and that goes for both leagues I am in. Yeah no sweat on the $20...as we get closer to the playoffs and have an idea of who may be in for some winnings, then we can get on it. Hope you get to spend some time at home soon.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 am 

Here's to another good week boys.........

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Come on boys by a show of hands who expected Shonn Green to have the game he had today. I sure didn't lol and I'm lucky I'm gonna win with both him n Vincent Jackson on my bench.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:43 pm 

Nobody with any reasonable RBs starts Shonn Greene though, so he doesn't even count.

You had 2 other options you are always going to start in front of him, so at best he is just a bye week fill-in, which is why you had him on the bench I'm sure, that and added depth in case of injury.

I know I said earlier I didn't believe in Turner this season (and the future), but Shonn Greene is one I believe in even LESS. :ROTF:

At this pace, you might get more from James Jones too, so its not like Jackson over him is a shoo-in just yet.

You know, certainly I like getting all those points from Jordy Nelson tonight.
But 2 of those TDs were thrown right into solid coverage, and by all rights shouldn't have even been thrown there. Nelson made great snags on them both really.
What is it with Aaron Rodgers this year........? Tonight is the one night he is going huge, and still the night has quite a few questionable passes into coverage.

Oh, and by the way, Jermichael Finley (who has always been a bit overrated) is stinking up the organization with his uncanny drops.
I think its a race between him and Greg Little to see who drops the most. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Yeah I never normally start him unless its a bye week for my top 2 rb's

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yet again, I am victim to a f@%ked up matchup. This isn't funny anymore -- it's pitiful and making me very angry. I would've defeated 7 other teams, but I get stuck with an absurd comeback from a winless team. Awful.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Yet again, I am victim to a f@%ked up matchup. This isn't funny anymore -- it's pitiful and making me very angry. I would've defeated 7 other teams, but I get stuck with an absurd comeback from a winless team. Awful.

Last year when I finally did get a good matchup, I got an injury. In fact I got a TON of injuries.
It was a joke by week 7 or so, when I got up around the 15 injury mark.
Not to be denied, I started off this season with a shitload of injuries also, and it has cost me at least 3 games. (over the course of 3 leagues games)

What was bad about last year (in this pte league), was by this point in the season I had nothing when it came to rbs. Virtually all my decent rbs got injured, then even the backups were splitting carries, or most were getting injured too.

Looking back, I had the best record of any team in 2008, 2009 and 2010... and never finished any better than third when all was said and done. One season I was tied at 9-5 if I remember correctly. I lost in the first round of the playoffs every year like clockwork.

The only thing you can do is try and maneuver your way around it, and try and piece together a win next week.
(or try and trade something to help a weak spot)

It sucks, but what can you do.

By the way, while I am thinking about last year, what happened to the "rivalry weeks" that were scheduled??

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Didn't notice that rivalry weeks are missing this year. I kind of liked that last year.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Rivalry weeks can still be added. Usually I put them in randomly depending on the weekly matchups (the most interesting ones in a single week). I'll take a look at the remaining schedule and see if I can patch a couple in.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Speaking of rivalries, the Giants and 49ers are now a big rivalry again, now that both teams are good again. The Niners mostly dominated them in the '80s to mid '90s, then sucked for a while until a few years ago and are now contenders again and with the Giants winning two Superbowls in 4 years, the rivalry is alive and well again.

Giants beat the 49ers 26-3. Division opponents and rival Redskins are this week. They need a division win.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Big win, Giants FINALLY win a divisional game over the Redskins and Eli proves why he's a clutch quarterback, even more so than his more famous brother. A week away from the halfway point of the season.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:17 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Pretty insane that the season is almost halfway over. Love football season, but hate to see it go so quickly. Hopefully the Giants can keep winning leading into their bye week (Week 11). Meanwhile, my fantasy teams suck. In my other league, you know my luck is shite when I lose to the 1-5 team who scores the highest total he has all season, and my team just can't pull out more points, all thanks to Baltimore playing so bad that Ray Rice is not part of the equation and Jones-Drew gets hurt first play of the game and is out with a foot injury. Yeah...my fantasy year is done...everywhere. But I will continue to love the football season and hope for the Giants to repeat. Go Gmen!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 pm 

I've had some silly injuries this season, particularly to people I subbed in to cover other injuries, or such.

But in this league, I have stayed in the hunt and it hasn't been too much of an obstacle.
(other than underperformers, which seem to be a plague really this season, and not just on my team)

One fantasy season is ruined (on an espn league), but if I can get my players to post numbers like they should, I am still in the playoff hunt in 2 money leagues.

On that "under-performing note", you have 2 on your roster Lazy, namely Stafford and MegaTron.
I wasn't quite as high on Stafford this year as last, but not many saw this bad of a puke-fest coming.
After week 4 I thought you might have tried to swing a trade, but I suppose you were hoping it would turn.
The numbers for MegaTron are still respectable yardage wise, just not near what you were hoping when you drafted him.
(this is yet another clear reason why I never liked with taking a WR at or before the 10th pick, but I do think thats somewhat of a personal preference)

The people that somehow backed into getting Matt Ryan, AJ Green, Arian Foster, and a handful of other players have really lucked out this season. Green has been a wonder, but he needed a big season from Andy Dalton, and he is apparently getting it. (schedule gets tougher later on, so I think they will regress a bit)
Not so much that they don't have talent, but you can't reasonably expect to keep up the paces some of these players are on, not to mention several stars have also avoided injury, which tends to happen, if even only for a game or two.
Matt Ryan is a bit of a bad example, as he still is behind all the top level QBs. (Brady, Brees and Rodgers)

There is a whole slew of players, that were and are big names, who just aren't getting it done, for various reasons. A few that come to mind are Matt Stafford, Megatron, Jordy Nelson (who has kicked it in the last couple weeks apparently) Brandon Lloyd, BenJarvis Green-Ellis, (if BJGE is or IS NOT a star is debatable, but he should be doing much better than he should, considering he gets all the work in Cincy) Cam Newton, Tony Romo, LeSean McCoy,Darren McFadden,Antonio Gates,Chris Johnson,Michael Vick,Ryan Mathews and Hakeem Nicks.

If you drafted one of the above, you are likely let down this year in fantasy, but if you happened to draft TWO OR GOD FORBID THREE, you are lucky to have a season where you are still competitive. (meaning you most likely got a bonus at another position, or everyone else happens to be hitting on all cylinders)
Once you get 2 positions that are pretty much underperforming, its damn hard to win. Sure you are going to luck up a win here and there, but playing each week basically starting off 15+ points behind in a sense, its hard to overcome that week in and week out.

I know its cost you this season so far, but also have a look at the Razorblades team.
Nicole seems to know enough to be competitive every year, so have a look down her roster.
If you looked down across that roster as a whole preseason, there is NO WAY you would think she would start off 1-6.

I wouldn't give up quite yet though Lazy.
There is a logjam at 4-3. If you were to string together about 4 wins in a row starting this week, you might not be as far out of the playoff picture as you think.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Can't stand fantasy football, but I can talk about NFL football here though right?

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

And if you guys want a receiver, go with this Brandon Cruz guy from the Giants. He helped them win a Superbowl last year and had the game winning catch against the Redskins last week.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Anthony wrote:
And if you guys want a receiver, go with this Brandon Cruz guy from the Giants. He helped them win a Superbowl last year and had the game winning catch against the Redskins last week.

It's Victor Cruz and he isn't available in any leagues. Everyone knows about him by now.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 am 

Anthony wrote:

Feel free to talk about the NFL here Anthony, or you can make your own "NFL chat thread"..........
I am sure to chime in to a thread like that, and several of us would.

Yeah, as jrcm said, Victor Cruz had a big year last year and many took notice.
But this season, he is really rising to the top. True, the injury woes of Hakeem Nicks have really helped his cause, but everyone agrees he has major talent.

On that note, everything I have ever read has had Nicks as the best/most talented receiver in NY.
Cruz is damn sure making it a good debate now.......

I personally believe that Nicks is still the man and has a slight edge in a few key areas, but his health is starting to become a yearly concern.
Nicks is supposedly 100% healthy now, after weeks of sluggish performance and no practices/rest.
It will be interesting to see what happens between these two now.

If someone said that Nicks/Cruz is the best opposite starting 1-2 punch today at wide receiver, it would be hard to argue that. Jordy Nelson/Greg Jennings is another, and they are having health problems as well.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Roddy White/Julio Jones are starting to get there. I think another season and that's where they will be.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

jcrm316 wrote:
Anthony wrote:

It's Victor Cruz and he isn't available in any leagues. Everyone knows about him by now.

Why isn't he available? That's why I can't stand fantasy football, you can hardly ever get the guys you really want. Also, a real fan just roots for his or her team and not from a player from a rival team. Jim Florentine explains it best here how I feel about fantasy football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9-k2pl6cPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNEgAa1N2T4

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Feel free to talk about the NFL here Anthony, or you can make your own "NFL chat thread"..........
I am sure to chime in to a thread like that, and several of us would.

Yeah, as jrcm said, Victor Cruz had a big year last year and many took notice.
But this season, he is really rising to the top. True, the injury woes of Hakeem Nicks have really helped his cause, but everyone agrees he has major talent.

On that note, everything I have ever read has had Nicks as the best/most talented receiver in NY.
Cruz is damn sure making it a good debate now.......

I personally believe that Nicks is still the man and has a slight edge in a few key areas, but his health is starting to become a yearly concern.
Nicks is supposedly 100% healthy now, after weeks of sluggish performance and no practices/rest.
It will be interesting to see what happens between these two now.

If someone said that Nicks/Cruz is the best opposite starting 1-2 punch today at wide receiver, it would be hard to argue that. Jordy Nelson/Greg Jennings is another, and they are having health problems as well.

TZ DZ Fan

Okay, I will then. Giants beat the Cowboys in Dallas to stay unbeaten in the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. Way closer than it should've been though, up 23-0, then they were down 24-23 in the 4th quarter, scored a field goal to go up by 2, then, of course, instead of icing the game with a touchdown, they get another field goal to go up by 5, the Cowboys receiver luckily was out of bounds on the touchdown catch, so it had to go down to the last play of the game with 1 second left where Romo threw an incomplete pass to end it. These guys gotta learn to put teams away and end games early. I'm sick of the Giants letting these teams hang around so they go down to the very end. I know they have a lot of injuries, but they still need to learn to put teams away. If you got an opponent on the ropes, you gotta throw that flurry of punches to get that TKO or land that knockout punch. That's their biggest weakness this year. Anyway, just watch the games and maybe bet on them, but I'm just not into fantasy football. Or just pick the team you root for and another guy could go with his team and if you want to make it interesting, bet money with your friends, your team against theirs.

They'll never break defensive records, but the Giants keep winning. They're 3 up in the NFC East now and only two games back in the conference, so they're doing pretty good, I gotta say.

And Eli will never have the stats of his brother or of a Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger, but Eli Manning is a great clutch quarterback who always gives his team a chance to win down the stretch in close games. Now if he and the Giants can play as great as they do in the 4th quarter during the first 3 quarters, they would be favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:54 pm 

The problem with Eli (in real life) is something you touched upon Anthony. Its almost as if they have to be down by 10 points before they start clicking.
When they get into their "hurry-up" offense, they are as good as any for the most part.

In fantasy, there is only a slight drawback. (though I believe he is vastly underrated)
This is he doesn't get as many TDs as some of the other big names.
You can go look now boys, at nfl . com , he is sitting right around the top in a couple of stat categories, or even leading but he is behind a few in the TDs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On that note, I would have thought there would have been far more discussion this year from our fantasy players on this board.
Its as if everyone was buzzing before the season started, then after about week 5 everything went silent, or maybe its just me.

Hey, maybe public menace can come in here and gloat a little bit to wake things up. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:15 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Haha not me man. I am not the type to gloat. Especially the way my team has folded towards the end the last 2 years in this league. I am shocked I'm still in first, but I know I'm due for my end of the season losing streak causing me to miss the playoffs. My brother, lazy, and my cousin, jcrm, won't be able to post for about a week because they lost power due to the hurricane. Unless they use a computer elsewhere. Just to give you a heads up on why you haven't heard from them

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 pm 

Appreciate the feedback, Public Menace69. I was wonder how they and others were fairing Sandy's Wild Ride.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:04 pm 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

Sure thing. We got lucky since we didn't get any flooding or houses destroyed. But I'm sure you have seen the damage it caused elsewhere. I'll be seeing my brother this weekend so I'll let him know you guys asked. Maybe he'll even sign on and post something lol

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:17 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Quick post since I got on briefly. My wife and I are still staying with her brother. He got power back Friday night and just got cable/internet/phone back today. Our situation is not as great - a tree fell across the road onto our property knocking down power lines and cables and totaling my wife's car. Thankfully we are ok and our house is ok. Her car, a part of the fence, and the service entry meter post came off the side of our house - those were our damages. Nothing like some of the other communities though - major flooding, lost homes, it's awful. Our house still has no power; well I went there today and technically LIPA finally brought us online but that meter post off my house is still disconnected and I need an electrician to take care of it. Gas is still a problem out this way, long lines at the pumps, etc. It'll take a while to get back to normalcy.

I'll try to get on or post when I can. Take care everyone.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:19 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

You take care too. What part of Long Island are you at, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Massapequa. We got power back before the weekend. I heard the Rockaways, Long Beach and Baldwin got the worst of it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:35 pm 

Lazy - sorry to hear about the trouble with Sandy and the wife's car - but good to hear you made it out unscathed. See ya soon.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Anthony wrote:
You take care too. What part of Long Island are you at, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Massapequa. We got power back before the weekend. I heard the Rockaways, Long Beach and Baldwin got the worst of it.

Kings Park - north shore Suffolk County. Yeah, we didn't get hit like the south shore but parts of our areas looked disastrous too just in a different way. Mostly trees down and destroyed power lines, some homes with trees crashed down on them too.

Update for me: house has power!! Yes! Cable/Internet/Phone still out and most likely will be for another week or two since the lines are still down and torn to shreds. No work today because of the situation and the gas shortage (though I was thrilled to fill up today - only 15 minutes (includes waiting on the line and filling up, which is ridiculously good)), that brings me to 3 days without pay. Not to mention following up a hurricane with a f@%king nor'easter. First winds and rain now snow. This is some crazy bullshit.

I'm at my brother-in-law's right now, which allows me to post this but I'm moving our shite back home later today. So it may be a while before I get back on. Thanks for your concerns guys! Hope you did ok in Massapequa, Anthony.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
Lazy - sorry to hear about the trouble with Sandy and the wife's car - but good to hear you made it out unscathed. See ya soon.

Thanks for the concern and well wishes Doc!

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Oh btw, being the fantasy football thread -- go Gmen!! That Pitt game was shite. Eli not looking elite last 3 weeks. Let's get back on track.

The Dark Horse rises.....

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 pm 

Notice that all the top four teams in our fantasy league lost this week. (or will lose)

This ought to spice things up a little bit, and open the door for some of the other teams.
Gonna be interesting.........

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Current Standings???

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 pm 

I'll post them here later this evening after the Monday night game is done, maybe check back tomorrow.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm 

Sunday sucked - I could log in but couldn't swap out players - f@%king yahoo sports! :x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next