Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
DrMoreau wrote:
Sunday sucked - I could log in but couldn't swap out players - f@%king yahoo sports! :x

Yes, it was a serious issue.
I could see everything , but couldn't make any moves.
(I tend to generally do most of my moves late Saturday nights, then check back just before gametime in certain situations)

But the point is, it was a widespread problem, causing Yahoo to leave this message on most pages.........

We apologize sincerely for the outage on Sunday. We are working on the fix—the site is stabilized—and will update everyone on next steps for how to handle week 10. Currently, data and scores can be viewed on our mobile apps but for now you cannot make transactions or change line-ups from the apps.

I don't believe there has ever been a widespread problem like this either by the way. Not that I have seen in the years I have been playing.
I looked across the games in our league, and I don't think it would have changed the outcome of any one game. (the match between Lazy/DarkHorse and his brother/DeathRo was down to a single point. 112-113. This may have went differently, but I haven't looked at it close enough. Although, Lazy could still get the win yanked away by a stat correction, which happens here and there)

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 am 

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 10-

1. Death Ro 7-3-0 1031
2. Jonathan's Misfits 6-4-0 1073
3. No Worries 6-4-0 1070
4. Spittin' Whits 6-4-0 985
5. TZDZ Minions 6-4-0 954
6. Derelicts 5-5-0 976
7. The Goon Squad 5-5-0 831
8. The Dark Horse 4-6-0 952
9. R&R Razorblades 3-7-0 861
10. Lawgivers 2-8-0 723

Its worth noting, that Lazy's Dark Horse has won their last 3, just to keep himself alive for the playoffs. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:16 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Death Row, Goon Squad, and No worries? Im not familar , are any of those teams from last season with name changes? I figured somebody would replace me but not sure of all three.

I notice Drm in the basement again this season, that sucks. Hopefully you can get some of that magic dust I experienced with my team last year and turn it around. Nice job Whit, your in playoff contention for I believe the first time?

As far as TZ DZ and Dark Horse, I expected these two teams to hover near the top as usual...would be great to see another classic playoff scenerio.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 am 

Death Ro is in fact Lazy's brother. (Public Menace69 on the board) Who you know as RaidErNaTiOn from before. :dance:

You weren't available this year, and my buddy Ron who was "TheRebels" for the last couple of seasons didn't want to take part again, so we needed replacements.
So "The Goon Squad" is someone Lazy knew, and I brought in another player "NoWorries".

Fellow board member "meatbag" has now begun playing fantasy. So hopefully if next year he joins in this league (after talking with him I believe he will), and if you can get back in as the resurrected SVBeez :twisted: or DCHeadhunters, we will keep our tradition of mostly board members going.
Too bad you couldn't get in this year bro, your presence is missed.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

If there is a spot next season The DC Headhunters will be in it. With internet access galore.
Plus I dont really need any other excuse to take your playoff spot ;) as I believe it is now your turn to pack up and head for that basement , to dwell where you belong.
Henceforth you team has been given the term "Crippletards" (so elegantly placed upon my 2007 squad by you), for the remainder of THIS season.
For the record, bring back the Hershey Squirts Award, as TZ DZ team could possibly receive the lifeime achievement for very that category. Besides...its not like youve won 11 in a row lately lol :)

RIP Crackbabies.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
If there is a spot next season The DC Headhunters will be in it. With internet access galore.
Plus I dont really need any other excuse to take your playoff spot ;) as I believe it is now your turn to pack up and head for that basement , to dwell where you belong.
Henceforth you team has been given the term "Crippletards" (so elegantly placed upon my 2007 squad by you), for the remainder of THIS season.
For the record, bring back the Hershey Squirts Award, as TZ DZ team could possibly receive the lifeime achievement for very that category. Besides...its not like youve won 11 in a row lately lol :)
RIP Crackbabies.

Yeah, I got a kick out of writing those rants, but they took a long time really.

Alsunday (Derelicts )won 11 in a row in my other money league last season.

BTW, I know of a local guy here, who went perfect for the whole regular season. 14-0 ! I've never known anyone else firsthand thats done that.
Then he wins the first playoff game, then gets a fluke beat in the final, and ends up finishing second.
He said for a few months he might not ever play again, but he eventually started again the following season.

Who knows, if I make the playoffs yet again and lose in the first round again, I might have to bestow that lifetime award on my team. Four years in a row of that shite kinda sucked. LOL :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Mean
Week 11 done and no one has clinched a playoff spot.

Nice and tight all the way to the end. Perfect.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:19 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

alsunday wrote:
Week 11 done and no one has clinched a playoff spot.

Nice and tight all the way to the end. Perfect.

Congrats to you buddy. Yeah looks like I will be battling to the end to try to secure a playoff spot. I don't mind though, keeps it fun. Just wanna wish everyone in this forum a Happy and safe Thanksgiving...Hope you all eat, drink, and of course watch tons of football.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 pm 

I have to say, that in all my years playing fantasy football,(which goes back to 2007 at least) this is the first time I have ever seen a league, in which after week 12 NOT A SINGLE TEAM HAS CLINCHED A PLAYOFF SPOT!

Normally by now at least one team has clinched, but not this year.

Alsunday mentioned above ^^ about it being week 11. But now its week 12 and the fact that STILL no one has clinched is really unusual.

Like he said.......... this is the way it should be.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
A solid, competitive league as always. Happy to see it thrive. Keep up the work boys, playoffs are coming!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Well Giants got a much needed win Sunday night and now this week have a Monday night game in Washington.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I went to that game with my brother and cousin (publicmenace69 and jcrm316 here on the board) and my buddy from college. Great game to see; we tailgated beforehand which was fun. It was damn cold though.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:38 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

current fantasy Standings???

*Note to laZyboy, RG3...nuff said. MNF at its best. Beat those football giants :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm 

I will post the current standings tomorrow if you like. (or late tonight after the game)

On that note, I am so f@%king sick of injuries this year its awful.
How I have managed to even stay competitive is a miracle in itself.

Currently my top 3 draft picks are out. :yack: (One was actually traded, but the next is out)
Jordy Nelson (who has been in and out of the last few games with very little playing time), LeSean McCoy and Rob Gronkowski.
Some people pay attention to others rosters (I do) and some don't, but running backs this season for me have really been mind blowing.

Currently, there should be a tie at 1st place between me and "The Goon Squad" at 8-5, then there are going to be 3-5 more directly behind us at 7-6, depending on the game tonight.
So its still pretty much wide open.

I haven't looked at it too carefully, but it will be more clear late tonight.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:41 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

StillValleyBard wrote:
current fantasy Standings???

*Note to laZyboy, RG3...nuff said. MNF at its best. Beat those football giants :)

Looking forward to the game tonight. Though the 'skins are division rivals, I do like RG3, and preference him over Andrew Luck, even though Luck is playing damn well for the Colts and look like a playoff contender.

Go Big Blue!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 am 

Here are the current standings precicely as they are posted on Yahoo.

Team names, followed by records and then total points, which are to be used in tiebreakers.

TZDZ Minions 8-5-0.....1256
Death Ro 8-5-0.....1235
The Goon Squad 8-5-0.....1150
No Worries 7-6-0.....1330
Spittin' Whits 7-6-0.....1277
The Dark Horse 7-6-0.....1243
Jonathan's Misfits 6-7-0.....1312
Derelicts 6-7-0.....1281
R&R Razorblades 5-8-0.....1143
Lawgivers 3-10-0.....977

A few notable and interesting points...

It is still up in the air, and for the first time ever in our league (I'm fairly certain) we are going into the final week with not a single spot clinched.

Last week (rivalry week) DrM's Lawgivers knocked off the Spittin' Whits. DrM won't make the playoffs, but he might just have helped spoil it for whit though, and keep him from making the playoffs yet again. :twisted:

It must be mentioned again, Lazy has now won 6 in a row. He was at 1-6 bitching earlier in this thread, and I told him to just keep going on it was still possible, and now he is right in the mix at 7-6. Well done bro!

After week 12, I was alone in first place. And now there is a real possibility of me NOT even making the playoffs only two weeks later. Think about that. I will be playing "DeathRo", who by all rights has a better team than mine in this final week, so I am figuring to lose. Plus some key matchups are bad for my players. Its going to come down to who else loses and wins in the final week.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Well it's a first - I am not in the PtE playoffs! Inconsistent season for The Dark Horse, and the reigning champ is dead. When it came down to it, I was essentially beat by 2 points (tiebreaker for same record) by my brother, PublicMenace69 here on the board. Of course, ideally, I was looking at No Worries and Whit to lose this week with my victory over Dr. Moreau and that would've been the easy way in. However, Whit just has a better team this season and his trade with TZ DZ solidified their spots in the playoffs. Razorblades had a terrible season and couldn't defeat Whit; then my brother (Death Ro in the league) essentially lost this week, which surprised me. Damn Tom Brady!!! Good luck to TZ DZ, my brother, my cousin (The Goon Squad) and Whit. You're all bastards! :lol: :evil:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:24 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
This season started out as flag football and has now become General Hospital-ization. :P

My only real bitch is that I've been home on a real computer a total of 7 days in 2 1/2 months and haven't had a chance to really manage my team to their best potential. I'm luck if I can get connection longer that 5 minutes to make roster decisions by Wednesday let alone by the weekend. And rust me, Fantasy Football is harder than shite when I have to use my iphone or ipad because my frickin hotspot has no service.

Anyway - you all suck and I should be winning ;)

Lazy - I swear - I'll get you the money before the end of the season. That goes for you to TZDZ on the picture matter.

DrM

Hey Dr.M -- hold onto your $20 until we see who will make the championships because if TZ DZ or Whit make it in, then you may be able to send it directly to them. Otherwise I can collect -- I'll keep you posted. Also, if you use Paypal, then you can always gift it to me at that point.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Well it's a first - I am not in the PtE playoffs! Inconsistent season for The Dark Horse, and the reigning champ is dead. When it came down to it, I was essentially beat by 2 points (tiebreaker for same record) by my brother, PublicMenace69 here on the board. Of course, ideally, I was looking at No Worries and Whit to lose this week with my victory over Dr. Moreau and that would've been the easy way in. However, Whit just has a better team this season and his trade with TZ DZ solidified their spots in the playoffs. Razorblades had a terrible season and couldn't defeat Whit; then my brother (Death Ro in the league) essentially lost this week, which surprised me. Damn Tom Brady!!! Good luck to TZ DZ, my brother, my cousin (The Goon Squad) and Whit. You're all bastards! :lol: :evil:

Well, I don't know that the trade did as much as some will think, and here is why I say that.
I know that Brady had 4 "big" weeks of 35+ points.
Week in and week out, 25 or so is considered elite. The rest of his weeks have averaged 21.66. So I will admit that all the weeks considered, he has given me elite production. (I picked him up in week 4 remember)
Now, if you followed my RB situation, its been truly horrific.... . Sacrificing Jamaal Charles for Ryan Mathews, (who is averaging less than 8 fantasy points per game, and only one week with double digits) was a huge loss comparatively.... when you figure early in the season my plan was to get Carson Palmer/the junk-time stat king this year, or maybe have traded for Andy Dalton or someone else serviceable if I didn't get Brady.
Anyhow, I don't see where having Brady was as big of a boost, as the loss was HUGE of Jamaal Charles, especially the way all my RBs went to shite. Also factor in the late loss of Gronk, that has definitely hurt my Brady explosions a bit too, one would think.

Basically I'm just saying that I think I would have still been as much in the picture with another QB like Palmer, had I had a solid RB1 in Charles, had the trade been vetoed. At least I think I would have been close, and had a chance to get in , in that scenario too.

BY THE WAY - I love the fact that in the last few crucial weeks, I have started Ryan Mathews, Jalen Parmele, Bryce Brown(better than everyone expected, except the zero this week LOL) and Alex Green at RB. There's a real chance I start Montell Owens at RB this week in the playoffs too, who is essentially a special teams player for the Jaguars. :ROTF:

Just for SVB- here is the final standings after the regular season.

*1. TZDZ Minions 9-5-0 1355
*2. The Goon Squad 9-5-0 1299
*3. Spittin' Whits 8-6-0 1368
*4. Death Ro 8-6-0 1324
5. The Dark Horse 8-6-0 1322
6. No Worries 7-7-0 1437
7. Derelicts 7-7-0 1369
8. Jonathan's Misfits 6-8-0 1392
9. R&R Razorblades 5-9-0 1207
10. Lawgivers 3-11-0 1048

The first week of the playoffs its..........
Semifinal - TZDZ Minions vs. Death Ro
and
Semifinal - The Goon Squad vs. Spittin' Whits

Other thoughts...........
This has been one of the more entertaining seasons for me, and its not because I made the playoffs.
Moreso that I got so sick and tired of losing players to injury I wanted to literally vomit a few weeks ago. To myself, I pretty much wrote off the season last week. Realistically I expected to lose to Death Ro, without having Jordy Nelson, Rob Gronkowski, and also losing LeSean McCoy.
I know Brady can always blow up, but the same can be said of Brees, Rodgers and now Luck and RGIII also. I wasn't fond of the matchup last night, but I did think I would lose and then beat you Lazy/Dark Horse in points. All I needed to do was really beat you and Gostkowski by 17 points, and I had Brady and Lloyd.
But what I did NOT forsee, was how close it would become between you and your brother. When you think about it, all it would have taken is a field goal extra, which typically wouldn't be out of the question with the Texans defense.
Yet another season of surprises, and like I said last year and every year, congratulations to all on another interesting fantasy year.
Hopefully next season we will have fellow board member "meatbag" (who has already promised to take "No Worries" spot) and maybe SVB will bring back the Headhunters from the ashes. If SVB takes "The Goon Squad" spot, this would essentially make the entire league board members, except for Nicole, which is what we have strived for over the years.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Agreed. The goal is to (eventually) make it an all board fantasy league, regardless who is in it. Swapping out whoever shouldnt matter.
Just from looking at those standings, its clear it was probably another close and exciting fantasy season.
Sorry to see the Dark Horse' playoff streak come to an end, but congrats to the Spittin' Whits for the first playoff appearence, and the others who made it.
I would have enjoyed another Minions vs. Dark Horse rivalry match up. I admit, it is kind of fun to follow season by seasons, build rivalries, "franchises" etc.
DrM, co-sign on the frustration having to play through a season with difficult internet access. I got my fingers crossed for ya for a miracle playoff run next season.

#TZDZFANHERSHEYSQUIRT1STRDPLAYOFFS.com
Thank You and Good Night

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 pm 

StillValleyBard wrote:
Agreed. The goal is to (eventually) make it an all board fantasy league, regardless who is in it. Swapping out whoever shouldnt matter.
Just from looking at those standings, its clear it was probably another close and exciting fantasy season.
Sorry to see the Dark Horse' playoff streak come to an end, but congrats to the Spittin' Whits for the first playoff appearence, and the others who made it.
I would have enjoyed another Minions vs. Dark Horse rivalry match up.

I brought an acquaintenance into the league this year, a guy I know named Sean, and his team is named "No Worries". For various reasons, a couple of us don't think hes a good fit for the league, and this will be his last season with us.

After getting fellow board member "meatbag" involved in a local $50 league that board member Alsunday and I run, he has gotten bitten with the bug so to speak. He has already made it clear he will take a spot in this league next year, so not only will he cover that, but it will most likely lead him back to posting a bit here and there also , which is a good thing. :clap:

I would like to see the SVB Headhunters come back next year and take part too, but obviously thats up to you bro. I have no problem with "The Goon Squad" either, who has made the playoffs in his first season in our league. He got Adrian Peterson at pick #11 in the draft, and thats been a huge plus for him. But Lazy and I both chuckled when he picked up Eli Manning at 10th right beforehand.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:04 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I guess trading away Ryan Matthews and Tom Brady for Jamaal Charles and Michael Vick ended up as a points loser for me. But again...I traded for Charles as Matthews was not someone I wanted on my team. I believe Tom Brady did outscore RG3 this season but not by much. The loss of Brady didn't hurt me because, well, you can't start two QBs. Charles scored more than Matthews which made up the RG3 vs. Brady net loss. Vick didn't factor in but I didn't need him anyway as RG3 stayed healthy. Until now...as I head into the playoffs with a very questionable RG3.

There's no doubt the trade was beneficial to both TZDZ and me, we both made the playoffs. I'll just note that the Spittin' Whits are the highest scoring team in the playoffs.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 pm 

As of tonight, in ESPN standard scoring leagues (which is slightly different than our league)......
The top two overall scorers in fantasy are
#1 - RGIII at 275 points
#2 - Tom Brady at 272 points

In our league, the passing TDs are 6 points, which is not standard scoring, so you could tack on some more points for Brady in our scenario.

Either way, the trade didn't hurt you at all, and was actually more helpful to you in my opinion, as you got a top 8 RB in Charles and a backup QB you weren't going to use anyway. Realize that if Charles hadn't been taken out early in a couple games for protection, he may well have been a top 5 RB. He could still squeeze out enough to hit top 5 too, hes only 20 odd points outside the top 5.
I still think the trade was too close to call at the time (making for a good trade), and in retrospect I believe I have gotten the worst of it over the course of the season with Ryan Mathews, who has been a terrible bust.
But many of you may or may not follow others lineups , and most likely haven't watched Mathews on my squad.

Needless to say, he has been on the bench when possible but thats been only 1-2 times with my consistent injuries, and he has pretty much killed me at that position. In a season where I lost count weeks ago with injuries, I find it pretty funny that once he got healthy, Ryan Mathews himself has been the one consistent HEALTHY RB factor on my fantasy team all season. (even though a putrid 7 points each week)

This league is a bit odd, in that there aren't many trades. Every other league I've been in, there are a fair amount of trades, but here it seems as though many get "married" to their players, and thats fine too really.

Regardless, this is the one league I find the most competitive and enjoyable, moreso than other leagues. :twisted:
Maybe I am sentimental over it, simply because this league got me back into football (and on board with fantasy in general).

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:35 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Well my thought is that the trade benefitted both of you in the Brady-Charles exchange. Whit had RGIII and needed a better running game; Scott had the running game with McCoy but was questionable with Vick at the helm, and rightly so. So, though Mathews sucked, and Vick was what was needed to be, a backup, the trade was a successful one for the needed position exchange of Brady and Charles.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Ok -- championship game is between Death Ro (publicmenace69) and The Goon Squad (SVB's replacement). Essentially my brother and my cousin. Good luck to those two. Either way they win some cash. Crazy loss for Whit (vs. The Goon Squad) -- it looked like the Goons would win but Eli came up lame and Whit battled back; it appeared Whit would win, but then Goons came back on Monday night with Frank Gore (Vernon Davis failed Whit). Close game 115-111. Whit faces TZ DZ for battle for 3rd place. My team failed in the round of consolation bracket and now I play alsunday for 7th place at best. Proud of my team for winning the final 7 regular season games and fighting to make playoffs but when you start out like shite, it's a matter of time where the consecutive win streak will just end. Good season this year guys. I can't believe it's over already and it was so damn tight the whole way - no playoff clinch until final week of regular season. Wow! Looking forward to next year.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 am 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

It was a great and competitive season! Can't wait for the next one. We need to do our draft early so we can see who TZ picks for our other leagues, as all his players tend to get injured! :dance:

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I've been enjoying the NFL playoffs so far. Not happy the Giants are not playing in it, but I still love the playoffs.

I forgot Houston and Cincinnati played each other last year. I really thought Houston was going to lose the first round, especially since Cincy had been on fire going into the playoffs and Houston was playing like shite. The Texans make it through though, but have a challenge next week with the Patriots.

Green Bay and Minnesota was a fun game to watch, well sort of. Although they played each other the previous week, I figured it would be a little closer, but that proved to be difficult when the Vikings had to shove Joe Webb in place of an injured Ponder. Webb has played NFL games but none this season. AP couldn't be relied upon to handle the entire load. GB came to play. As strange as it sounds, I like both teams, and wished they didn't face off in the first week. I would've liked to have seen both in the second round.
Watching the Colts-Ravens game right now. Baltimore leads, and though the Colts are still playing tough, I just don't see them winning.

The afternoon game will be a fun one, watching 2 rookie QBs facing off. I'm sure SVB is geared up for his Redskins, but I think Seattle will have their way with them. Sorry, Whit, that your Vikings were in and out in the blink of an eye.

Part of me wants to see a Harbaugh Super Bowl. The other part wants a GB-Denver Super Bowl.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 am 

Once fantasy ends, so does the majority of my football following.

That aside, I would have liked to see the Colts or Vikings do something, but it just wasn't to be.

I do have a yearly block pool for all my poker players, so I will most likely pay a little attention to the Super Bowl though.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
So, silly question but I've been out of the loop until late - who won our PtE Grid Iron this year?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

DrMoreau wrote:
So, silly question but I've been out of the loop until late - who won our PtE Grid Iron this year?

Yahoo still has the league up so you can check out the results. My brother, Publicmenace69 here on the board, Death Ro (team name) in the league defeated my cousin The Goon Squad (he filled in for SVB this season). So the championship is "kept in the family".

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

So what's your picks for the conference title games and for the Super Bowl guys?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Part of me wants to see a Harbaugh Super Bowl. The other part wants a GB-Denver Super Bowl.

Well since Denver and GB lost, I'm rooting for the Harbaugh Bowl -- Baltimore v. SF.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:21 am 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Well since Denver and GB lost, I'm rooting for the Harbaugh Bowl -- Baltimore v. SF.

No Pats???? :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

No Pats???? :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Lol.....no. Yuck.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

lazyboyx51 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

That's what I was hoping for too...and we got it. Who are you guys picking next week? I'm going with Baltimore. I think they'll be determined to let Ray Lewis end his career winning another championship. And as a Giants fan, I just can't pick the 49ers.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Really, I'm not rooting for any specific team, just hoping it'll be a competitive game (not a blowout). I got what I wanted already in seeing the Harbaugh brothers face off to out-coach one another, so that's enough for me. As a Rutgers alum, I'm a big fan of Ray RIce. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law went to U. of Delaware, same as Joe Flacco. So in a way, maybe I'm sort of rooting for Baltimore, but honestly I don't care who wins.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:00 pm 

I don't much care either, really.

Once fantasy season ends, its pretty much over as far as I'm concerned.

On that note, I would like to see SF lose.
They are pretty much a fantasy wasteland (for the most part), so the Hell with it, I hope they lose.

(I'm not a big believer in the Ravens passing game though, Flacco is just not elite........so SF will likely win) LOL.
The only thing I will be rooting for really, is for one of my block pool squares to hit me during the game, and thats about it. :dance:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:25 pm 

So am I the only one who is jones-ing for some fantasy football?

I can't wait for the next season to roll around.

Some interesting tidbits of news and player juggling are starting to happen too.

Yeah, like Chris Johnson coming out this week and saying he will rush for more yardage than AP did last year. :ROTF:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:12 am 

And the rumors keep on swirling..........................

Supposedly Mike Wallace is being persued heavily by the Miami Dolphins, and to a lesser extent the Minnesota Vikings.

(last year I knew Wallace was on the way out, even before the season began. The Antonio Brown contract situation spelled that out pretty clearly)
So Wallace in Miami could be interesting, and gives them an actual threat at WR.

Also, Wes Welker also seems to be interested in leaving the Pats. The rumors are flying that they will try to acquire and use Danny Amendola in a direct fill-in role.
This is also very interesting, and Amendola would instantly be more fantasy relevant.
He has always had the talent, he just needs a better QB, and of course to stay healthy.

The Detroit Lions are also rumored to be trying to get Reggie Bush from Miami.
This could really gives the Lions a much needed boost at RB.

I am pretty curious as to what will happen with Percy Harvin. One week he is "not happy" then the next the Vikes are saying he won't be shopped.
But as the weeks go on, its looking more and more like Harvin will end up elsewhere.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:02 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Big deals happening!

NYG sign Cullen Jenkins
SF trades for Anquan Boldin
SEA trades for Percy Harvin - giving up 1st rounder and 7th rounder in this year's draft plus a middle round pick from next year's draft - looking to compete with SF!
Mike Wallace agrees to contract with Miami
Delanie Walker signs with Tennessee (no more Jared Cook?)
Gonzo returning for another season with Atlanta

Lovin' the off-season!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 pm 

Martellus Bennett goes to the Bears.

I'm wondering what you think on that, as a NYG fan.
He wasn't "elite" in that sense, but he was decent enough, considering the bad year Eli had. Honestly, Bennett may have been a much better TE had Eli been a little more dependable.
The Giants haven't had a great TE in some time now, and this was the closest they had.

In other NY news, Ahmad Bradshaw is mumbling about possibly heading to the Jets. (after the G-Men don't seem to be interested, at least not for that sum of money)
I like watching that guy play. He runs hard and always seems to be fired up, which is a level of passion not widely seen in the NFL in this modern era of big contracts.

Gonzo should either retire, or stop yapping that he will, and just shut his mouth until he finally does.
Great TE, but this song and dance gets old every year.

I really like Percy Harvin, but I can't help but think this will hurt his fantasy value. He was essentially the only man in town for the Vikes, now he goes to a better offense, but many more mouths to feed at WR. He will still be dependable and still a top option, I just don't see him getting top 5 numbers at WR. (he was headed towards top 3-5 this year until the injury)

Surprised to see Delanie Walker let go from SF. They were high on him at several points last season. Its not like Vernon Davis is on the uptick either as far as I can tell.

I am a little surprised that Fitzpatrick was let go from the Bills. There were rumors before, but there isn't much out there to fill that gap. He is a bit hit or miss, but I don't know who else would be starting there. (unless they did something crazy like get a hold of Tebow which at the least would get them some excitement and a little publicity)

If Reggie Bush heads to the Lions, he should be a better fantasy asset this season again.
Miami just seems to be the wasteland for running backs the last season or two.

LATE EDIT- Jared Cook has signed on with the Rams, which should be a nice move for him considering Amendola and possibly Brandon Gibson are on the way out. Huge upside for him now.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I was happy to have Bennett. Honestly, the Giants can put anyone at TE and they'll play well enough from that position. I was happy with Boss, I was happy with Ballard, and again with Bennett. I'm not ticked they didn't re-sign Bennett. I actually hope they draft Eifert out of Notre Dame and call it a day.

I've always been a Bradshaw fan and sad to see him go. He is definitely a warrior, playing through so much injury. Right now, they can rely on David Wilson and Andre Brown without the question mark of Bradshaw's health.

I don't think Percy's fantasy value will take much of a hit. Seattle has plenty of WRs, but they weren't getting all that much. Now Russell Wilson REALLY has someone to throw to. Percy will reunite with former Viking teammate Sidney Rice. Rice could've and should've been better than he's been. Injuries and such have limited his touches, but I think this will benefit both of them. As long as Percy is healthy too.

I'm liking Tennessee's moves thus far: they lose Hutchinson to retirement so they sign Levitre. They sign George Wilson at safety, also from the Bills. Nice signing with Walker, leaving Jared Cook to sign with the Rams. Jake Long also meeting with the Rams soon.

I heard Buffalo will be drafting a QB.

Bush could help Megatron big time if he signs with Detroit.

Eagles release Nnamdi Asomugha -- I'd love to have the guy, but he's expensive and really has to play in the right system for success.

Raiders released DHB and Michael Huff. Wow, just wow.

I'll tell ya - I love this offseason stuff but it's nuts to see the adds/drops/trades etc.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 pm 

Yeah I noticed the Heyward Bay cut also.
Didn't shock me in the slightest, as its pretty much public knowledge that Denarius Moore is the real talent there.
Jacoby Ford is also just getting "back into his cleats" (his words) within the last week or so. Possibly he will be another speed threat for them, but hes been plagued by injuries in his short career.

On that note, I think the Raiders have a very underrated WR corps.
But the problems lie elsewhere there, namely their front line and especially their offensive packages they ran last year. It really killed McFadden, and its yet to be determined how he will be next season.
In fact he may be the ultimate boom or bust pick next year in my opinion.
If you get him, he could really help you win your league, OR if you reach for him and he busts like last season, it should kill your chances tremendously.
I'm rather scared of him actually, though he was giving me real solid numbers 2 seasons back in another league.
(its seriously only happened to me like 2-3 leagues ever I had a guy that put me up 10+ points each week at RB....... bastards always get injured when I get them, just like he eventually did that season) :ROTF:

Looking forward to your brothers thoughts on what I said for his Raiders.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 pm 

The news is pouring in now..............

As I pointed out above in a few posts, (and had mentioned to a friend during the season)
The Patriots have gotten rid of Wes Welker as I expected, and promptly signed Danny Amendola.
His fantasy stock should now rise a bit.

Welker's value on the other hand, should see a drop, seeing as he now has to deal with the presence of Demarius Thomas and Eric Decker in Denver. Both of which are capable targets.

Reggie Bush has indeed went to the Lions, as I had expected also. Should be a step up for him, now that he is on a real offense.

IN OTHER NEWS-

Rashard Mendenhall is now with Arizona.
Shonn Greene is now with the Titans.
Donnie Avery is now the #2 receiver in Kansas City, alongside Dwayne Bowe.
Laurent Robinson has been cut by the Jaguars.
And I may have not mentioned, but Beanie Wells is on the market also, after being cut this week by the AZ Cardinals.

And apparently one of the bigger stories is Steven Jackson is close to inking a deal with the Green Bay Packers.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Lovin' the insanity! Some amazing moves. Just weird to see so much change of scenery. Yes Welker's stock has dropped, Amendola's has risen.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 pm 

As a fan of the GMEN, what do you think of the Brandon Myers signing yesterday?

He was never a big "athlete" or great playmaker, but he does add a bit of consistency at TE for the Giants.
Never having been much of a factor in his prior seasons, he grew to be a dependable target last year for Carson Palmer and the Raiders, and the word is the Giants are very satisfied with Myers.

He may actually be a decent play this season at TE in fantasy, if Eli can clean up his act.

Steven Jackson has surprisingly went with the Falcons too, instead of the Packers that everyone was anticipating.
He should be a decent help to the Falcons, as Michael Turner is pretty much out of gas.
(on that note, I wonder if he will sign with another organization, or just go ahead and retire at this point)

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

PublicMenace69's Oakland Raiders are purging their team. Letting most of their team flee to free agency (i.e. DHB, Michael Huff- who signed with Baltimore, Brandon Myers - signed with Giants), releasing players (i.e. Tommy Kelly, most likely will release Rolondo McClain later this season), and now Carson Palmer looking to leave after balking at a small pay cut offer. They are going to have a tough go in 2013.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 am 

Matt Flynn goes to the Oakland Raiders.

Darrius Heyward Bey is going to the Colts.

Carson Palmer is now with the Cardinals.

Well, to be honest the only good news is Palmer going to the AZ Cards.
Thats not really for him either, moreso to help Larry Fitzgerald.
Maybe he will be slightly fantasy relevant again.
He was just awful last year. (due to a barrage of pathetic QBs) Not that Palmer is a monster, but he is at least serviceable compared to the many gimps they had last season.

TZ DZ Fan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6