Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Haven't heard that - must've been hysterical.

Baseball updates: The aged Yankees are breaking down at an exponential pace. Rivera and Jeter are returning from tough injuries that required surgeries. But before the season has even begun, Granderson and Teixeira will miss 8-10 weeks with forearm/wrist injuries. Won't even go into A-Rod (I just wish we could get rid of him already). When does football start?

Ironically enough I've been telling my co-workers this....isn't it ironic that the year we decide to not spend our money like we have in past years....we all of a sudden have all these injuries. Now I know most people will say its inevitable with an aging ballclub like the Yankees...but I still say we are being cursed (who knows maybe from The Boss himself lol) for not spending our money. Might be Steinbrenners way of telling his son to open up his wallet. Here's hoping these are just small bumps in the road on our way to a successful season..with that said I'm prolly the least confident going into a season as I've ever been. Guess we will stay tuned to see how this all plays out. Either way I will bleed pinstripes no matter what happens this season.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
lmao :ROTF:

Very nice Creeper. :clap:

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I'm looking forward to the upcoming Twins season, even though they will probably stink for the third year in a row. The Twins have a lot of top talent in their farm system so I am very excited about where the Twins will be in 2 or 3 years. They have 6 of the top 100 prospects according to Baseball America.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
It looks like the Yanks are in for one hell of a surprise this season. They have the bullseye painted on their foreheads. Baltimore wont make it easy for them. Neither will Tampa or Boston. Hell maybe even Toronto might move up a spot or two in this division.
What I believed has happened is the pyschological edge has been lost, without that they are just like every other team...starting from scratch. But they still have the best roster...on paper.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:11 am 

My Mood: Neutral
Everybody is going to get Tomahawk Chopped! :P

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Unless you live in New York or Boston or are a sycophant, odds are you're like me...so incredibly sick of hearing about the Yankees and Red Sox you would like nothing more than to see them fail miserably (or perhaps see Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park overwhelmed by a severe case of Pythium Blight).

Here's the worst part, every f@%king second, ESPN is reporting some crap about them. Okay, we get it. It's the east coast. It's where all of the people are. Ratings rule. Those of us who don't live within a hundred miles of Boston and New York are tired of hearing about them. If you don't believe me, keep track of how many times the Yankees and/or Red Sox are mentioned in the first 10 minutes of any SportsCenter broadcast between now and November. Compare that to EVERY other team combined and tell me which gets more coverage, the Yankees and Red Sox or EVERYONE ELSE. Nothing would make me happier than both of them finishing 4th and 5th in the AL East...for the next 50 years. And yeah, I know they are based in Connecticut. Please ESPN. Just do us all a favor and admit that ESPN stands for the Eastern Sports Promotional Network, take your station off my basic cable service and then just lead with the f@%king Yankees again.

Actually, the baseball season may bring some kind of relieve from hearing about the damned Miami Heat every two seconds now that baseball season has started. Could they kiss LeBron James's ass anymore!? Hello ESPN. Your obvious is showing. It would be funny if it weren't so totally pathetic. Check this: http://notesfromahack.blogspot.com/2013/03/sportscenter-continues-to-be-worst.html

And it's not just Sportscenter, oh no. A local station in Minneapolis simulcasts ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" show during the morning rush hour, because they are too damned cheap to hire local talent. Today, Mike Greenberg was whining about what a terrible week it was for what he called "big time college athletics". He sited how it was corrupt and greedy and how it was manipulating student athletes. Then he had the audacity to state the media was feeding the frenzy and was harmful to college sports!

When was the last time that asshole looked in the mirror to wipe the self-righteous off his face!?! How endlessly stupid do you have to be to actually take any opinion this guy ever offers seriously!? ESPN glories in corruption. Pro, college...it doesn't matter. What ever gets them ratings. They are the biggest contributors to the feeding frenzy that is 24-hour sports.

And they don't even employ Erin Andrews anymore.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Nice baseball rant. co-sign on the annual "shoved down the throat of all baseball fans, more NY/BOS BS." The rivalry can now take a backseat for a few years hopefully. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the classic playoff series between the two from this past decade like everyone else, The Red Sox breaking the curse etc, but that was then, this is now. Everyone is saying Toronto could be a better team then both of them anyway.

On that note, sorry Whit but I heard the Twins are in town to face the O's this weekend. No bueno for Minnesota.