Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Unread postPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
Yer OUT! :ROTF:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:55 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Any thoughts on Brett Lawrie's (Toronto) tirade? I have my thoughts/feelings/opinions but will wait to see other reactions before giving mine.

I believe he truly just lost his cool. I mean he was totally right that the pitch was in fact a ball. I don't believe he intentionally threw the helmet at the ump. From what I saw he threw it to the ground and it ricoched (prolly botched spelling of this word) and hit umpire. Of course with the rules any contact, incidental or not is an automatic suspension. Sucks that I have him in a league where I don't have a backup 3b and don't see who I can drop. Might have to ride it out.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:12 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:
Any thoughts on Brett Lawrie's (Toronto) tirade? I have my thoughts/feelings/opinions but will wait to see other reactions before giving mine.

I believe he truly just lost his cool. I mean he was totally right that the pitch was in fact a ball. I don't believe he intentionally threw the helmet at the ump. From what I saw he threw it to the ground and it ricoched (prolly botched spelling of this word) and hit umpire. Of course with the rules any contact, incidental or not is an automatic suspension. Sucks that I have him in a league where I don't have a backup 3b and don't see who I can drop. Might have to ride it out.

Yeah may have to ride it out.

Ok so here's my thoughts: I love Lawrie and agree with him completely. Both of those pitches were balls - awful awful awful calls by that umpire. I certainly know that if it were me, I'd be just as heated and most likely would thrash the helmet down too. Yes, it was just really unfortunate that it bounced and hit that dumbass umpire.

Speaking of dumbass umpires - how about the botched call in tonight's Yankees game, where ARod grounded to 3rd, there was a force out at home, but the catcher wasn't even touching home plate yet Jeter was still called out. The Yankees not scoring any runs that inning was atrocious, but that poor call by a blind ump didn't help things.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

Yeah may have to ride it out.

Ok so here's my thoughts: I love Lawrie and agree with him completely. Both of those pitches were balls - awful awful awful calls by that umpire. I certainly know that if it were me, I'd be just as heated and most likely would thrash the helmet down too. Yes, it was just really unfortunate that it bounced and hit that dumbass umpire.

Speaking of dumbass umpires - how about the botched call in tonight's Yankees game, where ARod grounded to 3rd, there was a force out at home, but the catcher wasn't even touching home plate yet Jeter was still called out. The Yankees not scoring any runs that inning was atrocious, but that poor call by a blind ump didn't help things.

I did not see that play but the umpires have been atrocious lately. I know they have automatic replay on hr calls but I think they need something like the NFL with a coaches (in this case manager's) challenge where they get to challenge 1 play a game. Not sure it will happen but a nice thought.

On a 2nd note Pettitte looked vintage tonight, 8 shutout innings and 9k's...not too shabby for Dandy Andy. Hopefully this helps get all the other pitches in line. CC has been solid outside of last start, Hughes has been as good as he's been last 3 starts (should be 3-0 instead of 2-1 if stupid offense would get it going). Kuroda is on again off again..not sure what to make of it yet. Nova has been awful last 2 starts but I expect him to be more like he was last year.

On another note I doubt A-Rod will break HR record. That hip issue has just totally zapped his power. I'm not even sure you will ever see him hit 30 again. It definitely stinks but I guess this is what steroids to to you.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:10 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I noticed that there have been many instances of players reacting demonstratively towards umpires lately. I know players have been getting the boot from the umps for years, but what I mean is that the players collectively are reacting more often and displaying more disagreeing looks than ever before.

I hope this isn't a trend. NBA basketball is almost unwatchable because every single call a ref makes is reacted to with groans. pleading, arms in the air, etc. Baseball has always stayed above that for the most part. I hope we're not seeing the beginnings of the "punkification" of baseball.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:49 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
I noticed that there have been many instances of players reacting demonstratively towards umpires lately. I know players have been getting the boot from the umps for years, but what I mean is that the players collectively are reacting more often and displaying more disagreeing looks than ever before.

I hope this isn't a trend. NBA basketball is almost unwatchable because every single call a ref makes is reacted to with groans. pleading, arms in the air, etc. Baseball has always stayed above that for the most part. I hope we're not seeing the beginnings of the "punkification" of baseball.

I understand exactly what you're saying. You definitely get those "looks" where the batter is questioning balls and strikes, and of course if you take it too far your tossed. I agree that I wouldn't want this to become a trend because it is annoying to watch.

Personally, with the Lawrie incident, those were two awful calls in a very tight game in the 9th inning. So I can understand the pent-up frustration and anger at an erroneous strike zone. Again, it was an unfortunate bounce of that helmet.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:18 pm 

There was once a time it was considered a compliment by game officials to not be noticed at all during a contest. Now it's to the point in baseball where umpires, in my opinon, have something to prove. Usually how they can't have a consistent strike zone. It really does take away some of the game. It's a shame too, since a lot of umpires try to do a good job. :|

Unread postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:01 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Yeah I do agree that most do try to do a good job and as usual the bad umpires usually ruin it for the good ones. They definitely do try at times to be more in the spot light. I think with the growing technology, some are definitely more on edge.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:50 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Watching the MLB first year player draft -- #1 pick Houston Astros select SS Carlos Correa, sort of a surprise pick (it was projected Appel or Buxton at #1); Minnesota Twins at #2 selected #1 top prospect Byron Buxton OF. Buxton is a HS prospect but is supposedly a 5-tool player that could be a dynamic player for the Twins by 2015 or 2016.

Interesting that Houston picked a SS -- they haven't had the #1 pick since 1992, where they drafted Phil Nevin and passed on Derek Jeter. Now Correa is compared to Troy Tulowitski, but still, I wonder if that Jeter pass haunted them enough to grab Correa. Probably just a longshot and coincidence, but still interesting.

What I find interesting is that Seattle drafted a catcher, Mike Zunino out of Florida, at #3. Now, he is considered the best catcher in the draft, but what does that say about Jesus Montero? Granted, it's not like Zunino will be ready right away (if at all, you never know how a player will develop), but Montero is still young. Could be they just don't intend on keeping him at C.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Speaking of the draft, the Orioles selected Ryan Ripken in the 20th Rd. Kind of funny but expected. This extends the Ripken legacy in the Orioles organization to a third generation.

Oh by the way...FIRST PLACE AGAIN! :P Lets keep it rolling....tough stretch this month, but July is looking a whole lot easier on the schedule.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:10 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Congrats to Matty Cain on his perfect game. Well deserved for such a great pitcher. Ironically enough the same night Dickey for the Mets throws a 1-hitter which Mets are protesting should have been an error (haven't seen the play so can't comment on that part)

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:37 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

jcrm316 wrote:
Congrats to Matty Cain on his perfect game. Well deserved for such a great pitcher. Ironically enough the same night Dickey for the Mets throws a 1-hitter which Mets are protesting should have been an error (haven't seen the play so can't comment on that part)

I know you love Matt Cain -- yeah, after a big contract signing, good to see him earn such a feat. R.A. Dickey is having some season, it's astounding.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:19 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:

I know you love Matt Cain -- yeah, after a big contract signing, good to see him earn such a feat. R.A. Dickey is having some season, it's astounding.

You know I love Matttyyyyyyyyyyyy Cain baby. Yeah ironically he was available in our auction league right before he went on this crazy display of excellence...one that got away lol.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Dickey takes the mound aiming to win a sixth consecutive start and a ninth straight decision as the New York Mets and Baltimore Orioles open a three-game set Monday night at Citi Field.

Tied for the most wins in the majors and ranked near the top in strikeouts and ERA, Dickey (10-1, 2.20 ERA) continues to baffle opponents. The veteran knuckleballer is 8-0 in his last 10 outings and has won five consecutive starts while compiling a remarkable 0.23 ERA - a stretch during which he's struck out 50 and walked just three over 39 2-3 innings.

Dickey was nearly perfect his last time out, yielding an unearned run and one hit while fanning a career-high 12 during Wednesday's 9-1 win at Tampa Bay - his second complete game of the month. The only hit was an infield single which Wright couldn't scoop up barehanded.

Its kind of awesome to see a knuckleballer just straight up dominating the Major Leagues right now, he could possibly be the next Tim Wakefield or even better. Its not awesome that the Orioles are in town to face him tonight, figuring as he is really the ONLY Met who can get wins for his team right now. I expect Baltimore to take 2 of 3 this series, maybe even sweep if Dickey has an off day, but unlikely.

NY Mets 35-32 3rd NL East 19-15 Home L 3 4-6
Baltimore 39-27 2nd AL East 20-13 Away W 2 7-3

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

StillValleyBard wrote:
Dickey takes the mound aiming to win a sixth consecutive start and a ninth straight decision as the New York Mets and Baltimore Orioles open a three-game set Monday night at Citi Field.

Tied for the most wins in the majors and ranked near the top in strikeouts and ERA, Dickey (10-1, 2.20 ERA) continues to baffle opponents. The veteran knuckleballer is 8-0 in his last 10 outings and has won five consecutive starts while compiling a remarkable 0.23 ERA - a stretch during which he's struck out 50 and walked just three over 39 2-3 innings.

Dickey was nearly perfect his last time out, yielding an unearned run and one hit while fanning a career-high 12 during Wednesday's 9-1 win at Tampa Bay - his second complete game of the month. The only hit was an infield single which Wright couldn't scoop up barehanded.

Its kind of awesome to see a knuckleballer just straight up dominating the Major Leagues right now, he could possibly be the next Tim Wakefield or even better. Its not awesome that the Orioles are in town to face him tonight, figuring as he is really the ONLY Met who can get wins for his team right now. I expect Baltimore to take 2 of 3 this series, maybe even sweep if Dickey has an off day, but unlikely.

This is just unheard of now. Another complete game shutout for Dickey. He hasn't given up an earned run in 4 straight starts...1 earned run in last 5, his K's are real impressive...and the most runs he has given up in a game is 8 and the rest is 3 or less. Gotta say I admire the guy..Knuckleballers are a rare commodity now a days and heck he might be the last knuckleballer you ever see. He is a real feel good story cause he didn't get his career really going till he is 35 and with Knuckleballers who knows, you could be seeing him pitch well into his 40's...good for him.

NY Mets 35-32 3rd NL East 19-15 Home L 3 4-6
Baltimore 39-27 2nd AL East 20-13 Away W 2 7-3

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:57 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yankees traded for Ichiro...wow. Not that Ichiro is playing anything like he did 10 years ago, but to get him for 2 barely above-average prospects is still amazing. Essentially it helps Seattle clear some cap room (even though they sent over some cash to offset his monster contract) and get something for an aging player ready for free agency at the end of the year.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:08 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Great deal!!!!! Got a solid outfielder for a 2 month rental for essentially nothing. Mitchell wasn't bad but not sure he had much of a future with Yankees...other guy I never heard of. Ichiro while old still has alot to offer. He plays all 3 OF spots (gives Ibanez and Jones the ability to DH)...has a great arm which will benefit him in left. He has speed (although not what it once was still better than anyone on the Yankees). Will help the Yankees play small ball and create runs while not always relying on the hr ball. Cashman is known to make mistakes but I think this is a win win situation. He didn't break up the farm to bring in a bigger name such as Justin Upton. Looking forward to seeing what Ichiro can do for us. With his uppercut swing might be able to take advantage of the small righfield porch.

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Yankees traded for Ichiro...wow. Not that Ichiro is playing anything like he did 10 years ago, but to get him for 2 barely above-average prospects is still amazing. Essentially it helps Seattle clear some cap room (even though they sent over some cash to offset his monster contract) and get something for an aging player ready for free agency at the end of the year.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:31 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Not sure if any of you baseball fans heard about Brandon McCarthy, but the guy got nailed in the head with a ball off the bat of Erick Aybar. He walked off the field, but ended up having surgery to relieve a hemorrhage and address a skull fracture. Basically he's in a life-threatening situation, but thus far seems to be progressing. That is some pretty scary shite. Well wishes to him and hope for a full recovery.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:35 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Not sure if any of you baseball fans heard about Brandon McCarthy, but the guy got nailed in the head with a ball off the bat of Erick Aybar. He walked off the field, but ended up having surgery to relieve a hemorrhage and address a skull fracture. Basically he's in a life-threatening situation, but thus far seems to be progressing. That is some pretty scary shite. Well wishes to him and hope for a full recovery.

At first I had heard he got nailed in the head. Wasn't aware how serious until I read he had skull surgery. Definitely a freak accident and I wish him a speedy recovery. I read an article how the A's won't give a timetable for his return. I mean the guy had skull surgery so I'm assuming there is like 0% chance he is coming back this year.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:

At first I had heard he got nailed in the head. Wasn't aware how serious until I read he had skull surgery. Definitely a freak accident and I wish him a speedy recovery. I read an article how the A's won't give a timetable for his return. I mean the guy had skull surgery so I'm assuming there is like 0% chance he is coming back this year.

Yeah definitely not returning this season. He'll be lucky to return to baseball. Recent articles show that he is progressing but still "not out of the woods". His spirits are up, as he's been tweeting and making jokes. I sure hope he returns to his life, let alone baseball.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:25 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

That was an ugly thing to see. The sound that ball made hitting his head was sickening.

Oh yeah, speaking of sickening, the Twins suck.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:53 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
That was an ugly thing to see. The sound that ball made hitting his head was sickening.

Oh yeah, speaking of sickening, the Twins suck.

I haven't actually seen it (nor heard it), but I imagine it was like a coconut cracking. Frightening.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Tonight I will watch in pride and joy as the Baltimore Orioles take the first step on the road to their destiny. Go O's , Underdogs all the way to the end. I believe it was Tom Berenger's classic line from Major League...
"Win The Whole f@%kin Thing" that is this teams rallying cry. I'm behind them all the way. See you at the World Series :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

As a Yankee fan I'd much rather play Baltimore than Texas (who has played us tough in the playoffs over the past few years). Not that Baltimore doesn't scare me as well, just rather play a team that hasn't been in the playoffs since the Cal Ripken Jr. days. Good luck tonight buddy.
StillValleyBard wrote:
Tonight I will watch in pride and joy as the Baltimore Orioles take the first step on the road to their destiny. Go O's , Underdogs all the way to the end. I believe it was Tom Berenger's classic line from Major League...
"Win The Whole f@%kin Thing" that is this teams rallying cry. I'm behind them all the way. See you at the World Series :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:59 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

jcrm316 wrote:
As a Yankee fan I'd much rather play Baltimore than Texas (who has played us tough in the playoffs over the past few years). Not that Baltimore doesn't scare me as well, just rather play a team that hasn't been in the playoffs since the Cal Ripken Jr. days. Good luck tonight buddy.
StillValleyBard wrote:

The same to you sir. Because I have lived in the Washington DC area most of my life, I have pretty much considered myself an enemy and hater of ANY New York team whether its the Yankees, the Football Giants, the Knicks, (Boston teams stole some of that thunder past couple of years) But I still respect the Yankees and I respect the franchise overall. This might be the first time I'll admit my dirty little secret that i secretly or subliminally might be a yanks fan (while hating them at the same time) because they usually have the best players in baseball. So if we can get past Texas..it should make for an exciting series. Lets hope no random kids interfere this year though like '97 haha.

As far as Texas....we just came off a very close and important series vs. Tampa which has probably the best pitching, so going up against Yu Darvish should hopefully be to our liking. Yes its a disadvantage playing away..yes its very bad that we went something like 1-6 against them this year, but Texas is a hitters ballpark, not to mention they are 2-7 finishing the year and we can both agree...neither one of us would like to play Oakland!!!

I see two potential scenerios playing out tonight when i watch the game

First, we lose badly to Texas and I get extremely hammered.
Second, we pull off a miracle upset win and I get hammered, and live to fight another day!

You should have seen how the Orioles broadcasters and post game analysts were reacting after that last loss to Tampa and discovering we had to play Texas (virtually the only team all season the orioles played horrible against overall)
You would have thought we didnt even make the playoffs, thats how bad we think our chances are.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

StillValleyBard wrote:
jcrm316 wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

The same to you sir. Because I have lived in the Washington DC area most of my life, I have pretty much considered myself an enemy and hater of ANY New York team whether its the Yankees, the Football Giants, the Knicks, (Boston teams stole some of that thunder past couple of years) But I still respect the Yankees and I respect the franchise overall. This might be the first time I'll admit my dirty little secret that i secretly or subliminally might be a yanks fan (while hating them at the same time) because they usually have the best players in baseball. So if we can get past Texas..it should make for an exciting series. Lets hope no random kids interfere this year though like '97 haha.

As far as Texas....we just came off a very close and important series vs. Tampa which has probably the best pitching, so going up against Yu Darvish should hopefully be to our liking. Yes its a disadvantage playing away..yes its very bad that we went something like 1-6 against them this year, but Texas is a hitters ballpark, not to mention they are 2-7 finishing the year and we can both agree...neither one of us would like to play Oakland!!!

I see two potential scenerios playing out tonight when i watch the game

First, we lose badly to Texas and I get extremely hammered.
Second, we pull off a miracle upset win and I get hammered, and live to fight another day!

You should have seen how the Orioles broadcasters and post game analysts were reacting after that last loss to Tampa and discovering we had to play Texas (virtually the only team all season the orioles played horrible against overall)
You would have thought we didnt even make the playoffs, thats how bad we think our chances are.

This new round of the playoffs is like football...u win your in and if you lose your out. Like football you just have to be the better team that day. Anything can happen. I think the first playoff games the Rangers have played the last few years they have lost so you definitely have a shot.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Wow did anybody see that controversial call in the braves-cardinals game. I can't believe the umps can make that bad of a call. How can a ball basically hit to left field be called an infield fly rule. Are you kidding me with that call. That call makes the replacement NFL refs look like geniuses during their brief stint. I mean don't get me wrong. There is no guarantee they do anything anyway with bases loaded, 1 out but obviously that call affected their mental game. I mean there are extra umps patrolling the left and right field line and you make a blunder like that (then again a few years back a left field ump called Mauer's hit a foul ball when it clearly hit the white chalk). If I'm the Braves Im enraged. I know there is nothing you can do at this point but bitch but still thats a terrible way to get knocked out of the playoffs.

On that note I'd like to pay my respect to Chipper "Larry" Jones. He was one of the best players for the last 19 years. He was a respected athlete who played the game right. Its a terrible way to go out (especially with his error costing them 3 runs) but he can look back and say he had a Hall of Fame career. Wish you well in your future endeavours Chipper.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

What a WTF call. What a joke of a call. Yes, this was NFL replacement referee esque. I watched this spectacle and joke of a call take up about an hour of TBS scheduled programming...forcing the Orioles Rangers game to be postponed to TNT channel. (while I had the orioles game DVRd on TBS) so while this bullshit delay with the scumbag atlanta fans throwing beer cans and soda cups on to the field ...preventing the regular scheduled 830 orioles game...! get to sit and watch a bunch of douchebags watch clean up crews swipe trash off the field while UNAWARE the orioles game is on a different channel...sure..what a bunch of f@%king bullshit. Lets cut into the orioles rangers midway through the bottom of the first..with an 1-0 lead...GIVE ME A f@%kin break
Meanwhile...Ive basically watched EVERY single orioles games on MASN aka Mid Atlantic Sports Report..which broadcasts both orioles and nationals...have to sit on the sideline watching TBS f@%k it all up...yes im pissed. Not at the umps..but the stupid f@%king cable broadcasters..f@%k you sir...f@%k you very much

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:31 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Id also agree that regardless of the outcome...Chipper Jones..you sir are a true baseball player. A true champion, and a true veteran. Enjoy that HOF

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:37 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Excuse me while I dont give a f@%k about any stupid piece of shite anaylst on ESPN hates on the Orioles and calls for them to lose.."f@%k you...f@%k you...and f@%k you pieces of shite switch loving baseball team, fans...excuse me...all of a sudden you believe in this team???? NO.....you said they wont do shite...suddenly they sweep you off your ass??? Oh..the Orioles will go forward...no....bend over...let me kick your f@%kin piece of shite ass in your ass!!!!!! I will see you at Camden Yards! all of a sudden the analysts want to kiss ass...f@%k YOU ESPN...BITCHES!!!!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Try being an Orioles fan in Nationals territory.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

John Kruk = FAIL

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:46 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

A few points:

I can't believe St. Louis makes it back into the playoffs again.

I certainly can't believe they go on to beat Atlanta (better record) in the 1-game WC game.

I can't believe the awful call -- so blatant and obvious (apparently not to professional umpires).

That was some win for Baltimore, defeating Texas who has been on a skid.

Looking forward to Yanks-Orioles. It'll be a tough matchup.

SVB -- nice rant. Wow.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Might have to edit that down a bit. As much as I loved watching the O's win I couldnt stand the post game douchers tearing Baltimore to shreds, still assuming they wont show up against New York. We played them well this year, its going to be alot closer then everybody thinks. Game 7 I have no doubt

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:19 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

StillValleyBard wrote:
Might have to edit that down a bit. As much as I loved watching the O's win I couldnt stand the post game douchers tearing Baltimore to shreds, still assuming they wont show up against New York. We played them well this year, its going to be alot closer then everybody thinks. Game 7 I have no doubt

Oh, I expect it to be very close. When thinking about who I would want the Yankees to face, Texas or Baltimore, I didn't like either option. I think the division rivalry will make it exciting and can benefit both sides since they've faced off plenty of times this season. It's going to be quite a battle.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I'm a lowly Twins fan, but I hope the Orioles sweep, embarrass and demolish the f'ing Yankees. I hate ESPN (Eastern Sports Promotional Network).

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:11 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

What a f@%king heartbreaking loss. What a thorn in the ass of every O's fan and Oriole themselves that Raul Fkn Ibanez turned out to be. Wasnt surprised when Arod was taken out for somebody to pinch hit.
Regardless of what happens tonight, nobody can say that the O's didnt put up of a hell of a fight all the way to the end, and what a season to be proud of.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Oh boy...the Yankees again. The best team obscene amounts of money can buy. **yawn**

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:04 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
Oh boy...the Yankees again. The best team obscene amounts of money can buy. **yawn**

Yeah, and they look pathetic and anemic. Regular season statistics become meaningless once a team makes it to the postseason. Sabathia was stellar last night. Honestly, all their pitching has been great, but the offense needs to wake up. It's been this way all season, winning with the home run, which as we all know, won't cut it in postseason, playing against higher quality teams. I congratulate Baltimore because they had one hell of a season. I've always like Showalter, even when he managed the Yankees, and wish he wasn't shoved out so early (but then again, Torre came in and a dynasty was reborn). I also always liked the talent Baltimore had but now it seemed to have come together once they got something going with their pitching staff. I think they can keep pretty much that whole team intact and build on this. As for my Yankees, I'm thrilled to see them advance, but I'm tired of the gut-wrenching, hair-pulling anxiety they give me. Just demolish the opponents already and win these series - that's what you are exorbitantly paid to do.

FYI I don't hate a team for "buying" players. That's what's done to win. I just can't stand the amount of money that's spent. It's astronomical and outrageous.

Nevertheless....

Go Yankees!

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

The Baltimore Orioles put up a hell of a fight, and left us the fans with a real season to be proud of. I for one got to watch this squad develop into real winners and real baseball players, and I admit it was an amazing sight. To get to watch this club literally every game and these players go from losing team with potential to champion contenders... it was a great roller coaster ride. Sure the yankees have made the playoffs the past 17 or 18 seasons and the Orioles havent been in 15 years, but they showed (showed-walter :) ) they are here to stay. Good luck to those mother fkn Yankees, I have no doubt if they can get past Detroit that nobody in the NL...including the Nationals.. can get past this sqaud.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

StillValleyBard wrote:
The Baltimore Orioles put up a hell of a fight, and left us the fans with a real season to be proud of. I for one got to watch this squad develop into real winners and real baseball players, and I admit it was an amazing sight. To get to watch this club literally every game and these players go from losing team with potential to champion contenders... it was a great roller coaster ride. Sure the yankees have made the playoffs the past 17 or 18 seasons and the Orioles havent been in 15 years, but they showed (showed-walter :) ) they are here to stay. Good luck to those mother fkn Yankees, I have no doubt if they can get past Detroit that nobody in the NL...including the Nationals.. can get past this sqaud.

A shame the Nationals couldn't get past the first round. I'm not thrilled with how anything (other than the Yankees) is panning out thus far. I was rooting for Cincinnati and Washington to face off in the NL. I also was rooting for Oakland -- look what "moneyball part 2" has produced. Unfortunately, The Giants somehow swept the Reds IN CINCINNATI! The damn Cardinals, I can't stand them, came back to beat Washington after being down 6 runs. Oakland had no real shot against Detroit, though they gave a valiant effort pushing the series to 5 games. Now, the Yankees -- I hate the Tigers because they ousted the Yankees last season in the first round and 3-4 years ago also in the first round. We face off in the ALCS this year, but it'll still be a difficulty task. Game 1 (last night) was pitiful. The Yankees leave bases loaded 3 f@%king times (!!!!) and can't score a run. Down 4-0, they actually rally back to send it to extra innings. But they fall short, and lose Jeter in the process. This disgusts me. Much the way the Yankees disgust all non-NY fans, just in a different sort of way. The haters hate their dominance due to their payroll; I hate their payroll period and the obvious piss-poor results that should not occur as a result of that payroll.

Here's to hoping Game 2 brings a Yankees win and we can head to Detroit 1-1. And I hope the Giants take it to the Cardinals.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:21 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Well after another poor anemic offensive showing, I hate to say it but the Yankees look dead considering Verlander pitches Tuesday. The Yankees will need to make some changes in the offseason. We need to go back to the dynasty days where guys like Oneill, Tino and Brosius (to name a few) understood what a team game meant (they weren't about individual statistics and this is what made them so successful and why fants will always love them). Todays players don't even seem like they get mad. I mean A-Rod for example gets pinch hit for not once but twice and gets benched and this motherf@%ker doesn't even get angry or even motivated in my opinion. He epitomizes everything that is wrong with todays lazy Yankees. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming him completely cause we all know Grandy, Swish (see you later buddy) and Cano ain't doing jack either. In my opinion A-rod is a clubhouse cancer who influences these guys (Cano for one needs to get away from him). These guys can't even get a damn sac for crying out loud. I think the Yankees have to consider seeing what it would take (i know they would have to eat alot of the contract for a guy not on the team anymore) to move A-rod (if anyone even wants him lol). I also think they need to move Grandy (this guy came over as an all around player, some pop, speed, defense) For a guy who doesn't consider himsel a HR hitter (he has like over 80 last 2 years) he sure plays like one (he either hits one or strikes out). What happened to the guy who used his speed for all those triples, just don't know what happened to him, except that he fell in love with the hr ball. Swisher I love you to death, I'd love to have a beer or two with you...your a fun guy but unfortunately no matter how successful your regular seasons are you just don't show up in October for whatever reason but its time for you to hit the road. No way I'm investing more than 10mil a year for the same ole story.

Yankees need to find guys that hit, get on base, steal bases, and play all around baseball. I don't need them to get another 40 hr guy (Sorr Hamilton(who would hit 50 in Yankee Stadium) I'm just not interested, I know the outcome already come October..plus the fact that New York can eat up players (I just wouldn't want to see you have another relapse or go back to the old days...you have come too far to go back). Cashman if your listening go back to the days when you signe or traded for guys who weren't expected to do much but turned into stars in NY. Also develop young players and stop babying the ones that you guys over-hype as top prospects.

Derek my man..I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you next April when you prove to everyone that at your age you can come back from anything (I'm sure there are already idiots out there that will say this ankle injury will be the beginning of the end for you) but I know you will always have the motivation and determination to prove everyone wrong as you always do. Unfortunately all your characteristics don't seem to be rubbing off on this team this year.

On a non Yankee note. I'm so glad the Nationals lost only because Rizzo was an idiot for the way he handled the whole Strasburg situatiuon. How bout have him start his season in May or go with a 6 man rotation down the stretch. I've said it before and I will say it again....the playoffs aren't guaranteed every year (unless your the Yankees of course lol) so you have to go all out. You want to save this mans future but how do you even know his whole career will be played in Washington. So with that said I hope the Nationals never make the playoffs again and thanks for looking out for Strasburgs health...let me know how he looks in Pinstripes in a few years lol.

With that said my rant is over haha.

lazyboyx51 wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

A shame the Nationals couldn't get past the first round. I'm not thrilled with how anything (other than the Yankees) is panning out thus far. I was rooting for Cincinnati and Washington to face off in the NL. I also was rooting for Oakland -- look what "moneyball part 2" has produced. Unfortunately, The Giants somehow swept the Reds IN CINCINNATI! The damn Cardinals, I can't stand them, came back to beat Washington after being down 6 runs. Oakland had no real shot against Detroit, though they gave a valiant effort pushing the series to 5 games. Now, the Yankees -- I hate the Tigers because they ousted the Yankees last season in the first round and 3-4 years ago also in the first round. We face off in the ALCS this year, but it'll still be a difficulty task. Game 1 (last night) was pitiful. The Yankees leave bases loaded 3 f@%king times (!!!!) and can't score a run. Down 4-0, they actually rally back to send it to extra innings. But they fall short, and lose Jeter in the process. This disgusts me. Much the way the Yankees disgust all non-NY fans, just in a different sort of way. The haters hate their dominance due to their payroll; I hate their payroll period and the obvious piss-poor results that should not occur as a result of that payroll.

Here's to hoping Game 2 brings a Yankees win and we can head to Detroit 1-1. And I hope the Giants take it to the Cardinals.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Happy
I'm the new kid on this block, so please forgive any comments I make which show my boundless ignorance.

For several decades I've loved baseball movies like Angels in the Outfield (both versions), Pride of the Yankees, It Happens Every Spring, etc. -- but I rarely watched actual baseball games.

However, during the last weeks of the 2012 baseball season I became a true baseball fan. I watched the 2012 World Series with great interest, even though it didn't turn out not to be a very good one.

I'm eager for the 2013 season to begin.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Any comments on nobody being inducted to the Hall of Fame in 2013?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Anthony wrote:
Any comments on nobody being inducted to the Hall of Fame in 2013?

I thought it was shocking but then at the same time wasn't at all surprised. Seems like the sports writers are still holding a grudge against those who allegedly took steroids during that era. I do however feel most will eventually get in except for McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, Clemens. I don't know how soon they will get in though, there are a ton of guys up for election the next few years....Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey Jr to name a few. I think Maddux, Thomas and Griffey Jr are 1st ballot hall of famers who dominated there era. I know alot of people feel bad for Biggio getting so close but I got to say I don't see him as a Hall of Famer. Yes he got 3,000 hits but that was more a bi-product of him hanging on to do it and the Astros allowing him to hang on to do it. Also Im sure most will agree that % he got was more a bi-product of writers not wanting to vote for those alleged steroid users (I only use the word alleged cause no evidence except for the fact that these guys grew from skinny kids to monsters lol). With the names I mentioned earlier who will be eligible for election the next few years and the fact that some writers might eventually start voting for those that currently won't vote for..I don't think Biggio will ever get the Hall nod.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm 

I like Craig Biggio. Even though he played for a rival team of ours, Houston

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I like Biggio too and was hoping he'd get voted in. An original "killer B" for Houston. Played a long time and all with Houston, one team. I respect that.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Earl Weaver, former manager of the Balitmore Orioles has passed away at the age of 82. Goodnight, Mr. Weaver.

Stan the Man Musial, iconic St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer has passed away at the age of 92. Goodnight, Mr. Musial.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:58 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Ever hear that famous Earl Weaver clip from The Manager's Corner or something? He gets pissed off at all the questions the announcer asks him and then curses up a storm in response to the questions fans send in to him.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:56 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Haven't heard that - must've been hysterical.

Baseball updates: The aged Yankees are breaking down at an exponential pace. Rivera and Jeter are returning from tough injuries that required surgeries. But before the season has even begun, Granderson and Teixeira will miss 8-10 weeks with forearm/wrist injuries. Won't even go into A-Rod (I just wish we could get rid of him already). When does football start?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next