Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:57 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
Talk MLB, fantasy baseball, whatever you want as long as it regards this upcoming season.

First up, Andy Pettitte!! He's back! Glad to see him return, hope he can still pitch well. Only now the water is murkier with regards to 5-man rotation. Pettitte may not begin the season there but he'll be a starter. So does that mean Hughes is automatic for the bullpen?

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
Oh boy...Yankees talk here, too. I know I'm going to sound like a dick but I despise the Yankees and I hate the Red Sox. I'm sick that 90% of talk about baseball centers around those two teams. It really takes away from the game. Why don't we just have those two teams play each other in 162-game playoff. I love baseball but I would love to hear about other teams.

It's just constant on ESPN. During the baseball season, I guarantee nine times out of ten, the lead story on SportsCenter will be the Yankees or Red Sox. I hate ESPN. The "Eastern Sports Promotional Network". If they're in the tank for New York or Boston, I wish they'd just say so. It's almost as bad as the way Hollywood kisses Obama's ass.

Then again, no one's making me watch it. :x

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:22 pm 
Offline
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 7778
Location: In a poker game somewhere.....
My Mood: Neutral
Myself, I was a Boston Red Sox fan growing up, in the late years of Carl Yastrzemski. (roughly 30 years ago, my god i'm getting old)

But, as should be noted.......... they weren't exactly the hot topic of conversation back then, because they never won much. In fact, in all Yaz's years he never did win a world series if I remember correctly.
So I never really was part of the "ESPN news on Yanks and Sox" which I must admit, every time I go by ESPN and baseball is being discussed, it IS mostly those two teams.
The Sox talk became more of a staple about 2000 or so I think.
The Yanks were ALWAYS huge it seemed, and most fans either loved 'em or hated 'em.

Then as I got a bit older I kind of grew away from baseball.

To be honest, I only got back into football for our fantasy leagues. (and now an occaisional wager) :dance:

A guy (after being teased because the Redskins suck) in my poker game last night asked me "well ok monkey, who is your favorite team?"
TZ DZ Fan's answer ----- "The one I bet on". :twisted:


TZ DZ Fan

_________________
-"PLEASE FORGIVE LEO, HE'S NEVER HAD MUCH FAITH IN HUMANITY"-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
Well with NYers on board, you'll definitely hear Yankees. But, like you, I also hate the Red Sox lol. This thread, however, is for discussion about all teams in the league, all moves, spring training, etc. You can happily speak about the Twins any time you like. Who plays for them these days anyway?? M&M boys are battered, though I do like them.

How about the young star for Miami, Giancarlo "Formerly known as Michael" Stanton?

Will Jason Heyward live up to his potiential?

How will Pujols do with the Angels?

Debate anything you want! Thread is open for all MLB talk.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
Check out my Braves, beeaatches! We are going for NUMBER ONE................. in the draft! :ROTF:

Detroit Tigers versus Los Angeles Dodgers for the World Series...... :wtf:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/exhibition.jsp#

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
I love having Andy back but would hate to see Hughes be the one pushed out. He is finally looking like his old self and would love to see what he could offer. Time will tell though. Word is Pettitte won't be ready till early May at the earliest, so this should all work itself out. I heard before Pineda and Kuroda that Cashman offerred Pettitte a 1 year 10-12 mil deal. Now he settled for 2.5 mil with no incentives. That tells me this was never about money for Pettitte, it truly is for him just wanting to play. Only if more athlestes were like him then maybe the payscale wouldn't be so out of wack. Great to have Dandy Andy back and heres hoping number 28 happens this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Well - if and when the Dodgers ever get an owner again - I may have a team to root for. Sure, there is always the Angels - but being Dodger Stadium is less than 10 minutes from my house, why travel in the other direction.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:41 am 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
DrMoreau wrote:
Well - if and when the Dodgers ever get an owner again - I may have a team to root for. Sure, there is always the Angels - but being Dodger Stadium is less than 10 minutes from my house, why travel in the other direction.



Oh wow that close?? I was at Dodgers Stadium a year and a half ago watching the Yankees play them. My wife and I were on vacation. Didn't know I was close by Doc!

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:02 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
DrMoreau wrote:
Well - if and when the Dodgers ever get an owner again - I may have a team to root for. Sure, there is always the Angels - but being Dodger Stadium is less than 10 minutes from my house, why travel in the other direction.


Yeah the Dodgers need solid owners moving forward. The McCourts just meade a mess of the franchise. It became more about them and their divorce proceedings than the actual team play. Luckily they have a great manager in Mattingly who knows how to block out distractions and focus on baseball (being in Ny with Steinbrenner I'm sure he had to do this alot lol).


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Yeppers - it was sad that we had Uncle Joe Torre who had his hands tied because of the McCorts.

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Oh wow that close?? I was at Dodgers Stadium a year and a half ago watching the Yankees play them. My wife and I were on vacation. Didn't know I was close by Doc!


Yep - you could have headed North on the 110 - Arroyo Parkway - towards Pasadena and the Rose Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:11 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
If Joba Chamberlain didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. What can you say his career keeps going further and further down the toilet. He came out with a bang and then the Yankees f@%ked up his head when they kept switching him from bullpen to starter to bullpen to starter back to bullpen. Then when his role is finally defined he blows out his elbow. Now as he was a mere few months away from coming back he falls off a trampoline and suffers an open ankle dislocation that at the very least will keep him out this year , if not his career. On top of that he almost dies from too much blood loss. I mean lets be honest, he isn't the smalles guy in the world, so all that weight on his new ankle might not ever make it heal enough to the extent that he can keep his career going. I hope its not the end of Joba but who knows. I still believe in him and wish him a speedy recovery but I just feel bad for the guy. In hindsight this keeps open another spot in the bullpen.

In my opinion the rotation should be CC, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda and Hughes (I just feel Yankees won't catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row with this guy). Hughes seems to be rounding out to his 2010 form and has looked great this spring. Not sure what will happen when Pettitte is able to come on board around May but hopefully this works out. Most people will say Hughes has experience in the pen but then you are doing to him what you did to Joba (and look how thats worked out). I truly hope Nova can stay on course, cause I'd hate to see him sent down after all the progress. Anyway we can figure this out in May lol. Looking forward to the season starting. Let's go Yankees!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:52 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
Awful news about Joba, and quite disgusting to read about. I guess that auto I've got of his is pretty close to worthless.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
lazyboyx51 wrote:
Awful news about Joba, and quite disgusting to read about. I guess that auto I've got of his is pretty close to worthless.

I still think having the autograph is pretty cool though. Like I said hopefully he can overcome this. Sucks that its his push off ankle which will make it even more difficult, who knows if his ankle will be able to endure the rigors of pitching.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:14 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Magic Johnson group to buy Dodgers for record $2 Billion.

A group led by former Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson - along with MLB and NBA executive Stan Kasten, and Peter Guber, head of Mandalay Entertainment, and financed by Mark Walter, CEO of Guggenheim Partners (a Chicago-based financial services firm) - agreed to buy the Dodgers from owner Frank McCourt for $2.15 billion, a deal that includes the Chavez Ravine parking lots.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
DrMoreau wrote:
Magic Johnson group to buy Dodgers for record $2 Billion.

A group led by former Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson - along with MLB and NBA executive Stan Kasten, and Peter Guber, head of Mandalay Entertainment, and financed by Mark Walter, CEO of Guggenheim Partners (a Chicago-based financial services firm) - agreed to buy the Dodgers from owner Frank McCourt for $2.15 billion, a deal that includes the Chavez Ravine parking lots.


Atleast now the Dodgers could focus on baseball and not have the drama of who the owner would be.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:53 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
No shite! About time MLB Commission stepped up to the plate.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
MLB 2012 kicked off with a Seattle extra inning defeat of Oakland in Japan. Game would've began 3am EST - I noticed the score on the ticker as I was getting ready for work. Looking forward to the full schedule starting up next week!

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 am 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
DrMoreau wrote:
Magic Johnson group to buy Dodgers for record $2 Billion.

A group led by former Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson - along with MLB and NBA executive Stan Kasten, and Peter Guber, head of Mandalay Entertainment, and financed by Mark Walter, CEO of Guggenheim Partners (a Chicago-based financial services firm) - agreed to buy the Dodgers from owner Frank McCourt for $2.15 billion, a deal that includes the Chavez Ravine parking lots.



I like baseball and everything, but I'd rather have the $2.15 Billion dollars. :wtf:
Image

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Looking forward to the start of the 2012 season. Hoping the Yankees can bring home number 28. Can't wait for the fantasy season to get under way in full effect, the 2 games in japan were just a tease lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 am 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
Yeah man, I'm chomping at the bit for it to start.

Actually, I'm just finishing up Fantasy Hockey. First time participating in it and I'm fighting for 3rd place. I'm rather proud of myself for being at that level considering I knew minimal of hockey players. I AM glad I did it though, because now it elevated my interest in hockey. The NY Rangers in first place also helps to peak my interest. Let's bring home the Stanley Cup!!!

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
lazyboyx51 wrote:
Yeah man, I'm chomping at the bit for it to start.

Actually, I'm just finishing up Fantasy Hockey. First time participating in it and I'm fighting for 3rd place. I'm rather proud of myself for being at that level considering I knew minimal of hockey players. I AM glad I did it though, because now it elevated my interest in hockey. The NY Rangers in first place also helps to peak my interest. Let's bring home the Stanley Cup!!!



Yeah Nicole plays fantasy hockey also. It's just one sport I cant get into lol


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:
lazyboyx51 wrote:
Yeah man, I'm chomping at the bit for it to start.

Actually, I'm just finishing up Fantasy Hockey. First time participating in it and I'm fighting for 3rd place. I'm rather proud of myself for being at that level considering I knew minimal of hockey players. I AM glad I did it though, because now it elevated my interest in hockey. The NY Rangers in first place also helps to peak my interest. Let's bring home the Stanley Cup!!!



Yeah Nicole plays fantasy hockey also. It's just one sport I cant get into lol


What's her team doing? She in the playoffs? Tomorrow is the end - champions are crowned.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:

In my opinion the rotation should be CC, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda and Hughes (I just feel Yankees won't catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row with this guy). Hughes seems to be rounding out to his 2010 form and has looked great this spring. Not sure what will happen when Pettitte is able to come on board around May but hopefully this works out. Most people will say Hughes has experience in the pen but then you are doing to him what you did to Joba (and look how thats worked out). I truly hope Nova can stay on course, cause I'd hate to see him sent down after all the progress. Anyway we can figure this out in May lol.


Well as of right now, Pineda has been diagnosed with shoulder inflammation and will start the season on the DL. Looks like the starting rotation shapes up as follows: CC, Kiroda, Hughes, Nova and Garcia. Well that was easy. Now just kick ass out of the gate!

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Yeah Pineda is killing me. First he shows up out of shape and now this. It's like Hughes of last year which means we won't know this guys full potential till next year. I truly believe the Yankees were worried and thats why they brought Pettitte back. Hopefully we can start off strong.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Yankees really need to get their pitching fixed and quickly. You know have 2 guys Nova and Hughes with era's way over 5 (Nova 5.58 after today and Hughes with a disgusting 7.48) not to mention that Kuroda is good every other game. Garcia stunk from the beginning (never understood the signing of him again). CC is finally getting back on track. Hopefully Pettitte can help solidify the staff but you just can't guarantee it from a guy who hasn't pitched in over a year. Phelps hopefully could step up. Ironically I've read how the Yankees just might be babying their young pitchers a bit too much (I've mentioned this countless times I wanna just bang my head against a wall). Not only are Hughes and Joba a shell of what they were suppossed to be and were but now Betances and Banuelos are having their own issues this year. They need to take Nolan Ryan's philosophy with the Rangers and just let these young kids pitch. The Yankees young guys with all their inning limits and pitch counts just aren't taught how to overcome adversity. As soon as they put people on they just seem to self destruct. Maybe if the Yankees would let these guys grow some balls and pitch through it in the minors we wouldn't have this problem and wouldn't have to go out and overpay or trade for pitching. Nova has been solid (although 5.58 isn't great) but its not a coincidence that Pettitte is the last homegrown starter to actually have a great career. Maybe Cashman needs to change their pitching philosphy.

As for the hitting I know it will come around but we need Swish back. No way you can have Jones (solid but could have gotten a better, younger alternative), old man Ibanez (can hit from time to time but hell he is 40 and can't field) and Nunez (solid hitter but couldn't catch a beach ball if it was hit right at him) in the same lineup ever. We all know Cano and A-Rod will come around. Jeter, Swish and Grandy have been solid. Tex has been doing better (that 2 Hr 6rbi game sku's his numbers) but needs to get that avg up. Russell Martin I never wanted resigned (should a stuck with Montero ( I mean Posada wasn't know for his defense and helped guide us to 4 championships) and Romine (who I know is still hurt). Hopefully Gardner can come back and provide a spark with his speed. All in all we are lucky we have the record we do with this disgusting display of pitching.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
Yeah...well, the entire starting rotation for my Twins has an ERA just a hair under 7.00.

The "ace" of the Twins staff, Francisco Liriano, has a 9.94 ERA.

Is it any wonder they are 6-17. :oops:

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:28 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Lol I think every year they say this will be the year Liriano comes back to the sucess he had early in his career. Unfortunately I think injuries are too much for him to overcome. Its unfortunate cause he looked like he was gonna be a star for years to come.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:39 am 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
Image


Link

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:
Lol I think every year they say this will be the year Liriano comes back to the sucess he had early in his career. Unfortunately I think injuries are too much for him to overcome. Its unfortunate cause he looked like he was gonna be a star for years to come.



Yes, I was expecting Liriano to kill it since he was looking great in spring training. Since that backfired he has been dropped from my fantasy squad.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Oh man I hope Rivera isn't seriously hurt. Having him carted off the field is nerve racking. Not sure why they want pitchers to shag fly balls during practice. At first I thought it was his own routine but I read somewhere that its required for pitchers. At the very least I hope its not season ending.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 am 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
Well by now you know he's done for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus tear. Will need surgery, but refuses to go out in this fashion, looking to come back next season. Love Mo, and I hope his rehab goes well so he can finish his career as an active player, not due to injury or age.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Without a doubt I believe he will be back. He is as determined as ever...and we know what the man can do when determined. He definitely needs the proper sendoff.


lazyboyx51 wrote:
Well by now you know he's done for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus tear. Will need surgery, but refuses to go out in this fashion, looking to come back next season. Love Mo, and I hope his rehab goes well so he can finish his career as an active player, not due to injury or age.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:22 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:
Without a doubt I believe he will be back. He is as determined as ever...and we know what the man can do when determined. He definitely needs the proper sendoff.


lazyboyx51 wrote:
Well by now you know he's done for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus tear. Will need surgery, but refuses to go out in this fashion, looking to come back next season. Love Mo, and I hope his rehab goes well so he can finish his career as an active player, not due to injury or age.



Fantasy-wise, you like how I grabbed David Robertson with the quickness? Happenstance really -- Mo hurt himself literally 20 minutes before I grabbed Robertson; I had the pre-game on in background when I got home from work and heard he was carted off. I knew it didn't sound good and immediately went to the waiver wire to get Robo. Even if he splits closing with shitty Soriano, Robo kills it with ERA/WHIP/K.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Yeah man you were very quick lol...I didn't heat about it till I put the game on later that night...yeah for now they will split the duties but will help you in the K's department.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 am 
Offline
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Deepstar Six
My Mood: So-So
Baltimore Orioles with the best record in the entire Major Leagues...and also one of the better pitching staffs. Did Hell freeze over?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
StillValleyBard wrote:
Baltimore Orioles with the best record in the entire Major Leagues...and also one of the better pitching staffs. Did Hell freeze over?


I think it dropped a few degrees, yes. If KC and Pittsburgh both had first place in their divisions then I would say Hell has frozen over.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
I think we all know that Baltimore won't be near the top when the season is over but never the less this is definitely an improvement for them. I think it all boils down to Buck Showalter...the guy is just a winner who knows how to turn teams around. With this being said it further demonstrates why the AL East is the toughest division in baseball. Not only do you have the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays, but over the past few seasons the Blue Jays and Orioles having being making great strides to trying to dethrone the above teams.

lazyboyx51 wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:
Baltimore Orioles with the best record in the entire Major Leagues...and also one of the better pitching staffs. Did Hell freeze over?


I think it dropped a few degrees, yes. If KC and Pittsburgh both had first place in their divisions then I would say Hell has frozen over.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 am 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
Anyone wanna talk Twins?

I didn't think so...

Go Orioles!

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
whitsbrain wrote:
Anyone wanna talk Twins?

I didn't think so...

Go Orioles!



We can definitely talk Twins...just seems too painful.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:30 pm 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
how 'bout them Dodgers?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:19 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
DrMoreau wrote:
how 'bout them Dodgers?

Dodgers are looking great. I love Matt Kemp. He is a 5 tool player. I'm happy that they are playing so well for my childhood idol Don Mattingly. He deserves it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:18 am 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
What's wrong with the Phillies?

Image

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:25 am 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 378
Well the offense is definitely missing Howard and Utley. Also record withstanding Hamels is a punk who thinks its ok to throw at 19 year old rookies because its "Old School Baseball". Pretty funny since I've never heard of this suppossed unwritten old school rule. Never the less I am pretty sure by the end of the season Philly will be where they normally are.
Beware The Creeper wrote:
What's wrong with the Phillies?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:12 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
jcrm316 wrote:
Well the offense is definitely missing Howard and Utley. Also record withstanding Hamels is a punk who thinks its ok to throw at 19 year old rookies because its "Old School Baseball". Pretty funny since I've never heard of this suppossed unwritten old school rule. Never the less I am pretty sure by the end of the season Philly will be where they normally are.
Beware The Creeper wrote:
What's wrong with the Phillies?

Image


Eh - I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, as long as he didn't throw at his head, who cares? Media makes a big deal about everything. Though Cole wasn't too smart in admitting he purposely hit him. I don't think Hamel's a punk for it -- I do think Bryce Harper can act like a punk, but he certainly is doing good things in his early professional career.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
Welcome to the Show!

Image

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:27 am 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
What's wrong with the Baltimore Orioles?

Image

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:00 pm 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7533
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Beware The Creeper wrote:
What's wrong with the Baltimore Orioles?

Image


Squirrel!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 pm 
Offline
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Deepstar Six
My Mood: So-So
jcrm316 wrote:
I think we all know that Baltimore won't be near the top when the season is over but never the less this is definitely an improvement for them. I think it all boils down to Buck Showalter...the guy is just a winner who knows how to turn teams around. With this being said it further demonstrates why the AL East is the toughest division in baseball. Not only do you have the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays, but over the past few seasons the Blue Jays and Orioles having being making great strides to trying to dethrone the above teams.

lazyboyx51 wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:
Baltimore Orioles with the best record in the entire Major Leagues...and also one of the better pitching staffs. Did Hell freeze over?


I think it dropped a few degrees, yes. If KC and Pittsburgh both had first place in their divisions then I would say Hell has frozen over.



All this talk of Baltimore I think its time for me to jump in. I have to disagree with the above statement. I believe this years Orioles squad is better in many ways compared to the previous years. First off, we got rid of alot of baggage. If it was dropping Injury plagued HR hitters like Luke Scott or all but dead pitchers like Jeremy Guthrie and Mike Gonzalez...this team has improved in many ways. Not only did they take the winning ways from the end of last season when they eliminated the Boston Red Sox from the playoffs (you're welcome) into this season...we have dramatically improved our record in our division...


VS....

Toronto Blue Jays 3-0

Boston Red Sox 3-0

Tampa Bay 2-1

Yankees 2-4

Now this might not seem like alot but it is huge. I cannot even remember the last time we swept a series vs. Toronto and Boston in the SAME Year. Yes I know its still early...but the Orioles havent played this well since our last playoff run in 1997. Sure we still have that hump to get over in New York, but if our pitching can keep pace through the summer and the offense (which has always been decent) can continue to get Home Runs...we will lead this division. I am tired of the same old conclusion of assuming New York and Boston will be the top two teams. Hell if Tampa has been able to climb from the bottom of the division to the top the past few years...surely we can. Plus...Baltimore is TIRED of being the underdog. It is not only unfair but unjust. Give them more credit. We will shock this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 am 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11298
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
Yes, feelin' the American League East love! :D

Image

_________________
What we have here is failure to communicate!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:27 pm 
Offline
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Where pies go when they die
My Mood: Esoteric
Any thoughts on Brett Lawrie's (Toronto) tirade? I have my thoughts/feelings/opinions but will wait to see other reactions before giving mine.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB 3.0.11 © 2002 ~ 2014 phpBB Group
subTrails recreated by DrMoreau for PtE Forums.