Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:12 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
I have never had a season with so many injuries. I've been trying to put a respectable team on the field, but even today, I look at my roster, 7 of my 14 position players are either Questionable or Probable and of my 5 RBs, 4 are injured. And of course, my Number One draft pick, Adrian Peterson, has been suspended for the entire season (I dropped him a couple of weeks ago).

I have made 18 roster moves this season, which is the middle of the pack, so it's not like I haven't been trying.

Not only has my team scored about 150 fewer points than the next closest team, I have had the most points scored against. The closest team to me has has over 100 points less scored against them. I have been nothing but snake bit.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:07 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Reminds me of the year I lost all those RBs. It was 2012. (though I had a brutal stretch of years losing a heap of RBs)
This was also the year I lost Jordy Nelson for a stretch, and I distinctly remember at one point during the year, I had lost 5 of my top 6 draft picks to injury.
Other guys I lost that year were LeSean McCoy, Jordy Nelson,Ryan Mathews, Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola and several other RBs.
Not all were down the entire season, but substantial amounts of time. McCoy. who I took number 1, was a complete waste.

For what its worth..... thats the season I went to the playoffs and started Jalen Parmele and Montell Owens at RB.
To put that into perspective, Jalen Parmele was a 4th or either 5th stringer. (it should be noted, that he actually broke his leg in the playoff game I played him early on, the coach said he was literally dragging his leg behind him struggling for yards on that play. Said it was the most impressive thing he had ever seen.)
He may have broken it in week 14 though and not week 15, can't remember.
Montell Owens was actually a special team returner that they needed to use because of like 4-5 RB injuries to that team.

f@%k winning and losing the league.
To actually scramble and make the playoffs that year with all that bullshit will probably be the most impressive thing I have ever seen or done in fantasy football. A championship will never mean that much to me.
I remember burning through pickups and adds/drops mid season like it was going out of style.

But alas, when you have to depend on those guys it eventually catches up to you.
Thats the year Lazy's bro Scott beat me in round 1 of the playoffs.
Bastard. :ROTF:
That is the year he went on to win I'm pretty sure.

You know whit, I would likely have gotten AP #1 had I had an early pick. So I know where you are coming from.
But every time I get an RB in round 1, he goes down for large chunks of the season, so I'm used to it.
Hopefully next year Lazy will set it up where we can swap draft selection order.
This way if we aren't happy with what we get, we might possibly be able to work a deal and switch with someone so we are all happy.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:52 am 

You guys have been fairly quiet in this thread this year.
Not quite as much banter as years past, but its partially my fault, in that I haven't been here as much lately.

I did get to play poker with Alsunday this past Thursday, for the first time in months. (though we occasionally talk on IM and text)
"Meatbag" who also plays in our league as "Plow Kings" and currently the newly named "Kajagoogoos" has also played some recently.
He named the team that due to "poor performance", those were his words. :dance:

I see Public Menace has stopped in a few times. In fact one night I got email notification he "activated" (or reactivated) his account.
For those that don't know, as board founder, I also am one of 3 people that needs to "approve" an account activation. (Myself, DrM and PJWhoopee, who hasn't been around much in ages)
I was on the computer right when it happened, and I activated his account again immediately right when I got the email. Even though he hasn't posted, I hope Public Menace has been able to access the board with no issues. Perhaps lazy can verify.

He may be stoked to know I in fact picked up Latavius Murray in my biggest league, 2 days prior to his coming out party, in that game where he had that long TD run.
On that note- he could have had a HELL of a night, had it not gotten cut short with that concussion.
Knowing he is a huge Raiders fan, I assume he was watching that game.
Maybe the Raiders have finally gotten the idea they need to "see what they got" in that kid, he may well be a decent back for them for a few years.

I see Ray Rice was reinstated yesterday. (as he should have been)
I'm not condoning what he did by any means, but the league really f@%ked up with his punishment. Deciding one thing, then making him miss time and serve suspension, and allowing him to come back.
THEN essentially going back on what they said,(when the video went public) and suspending him again was complete bullshit.
They can act as if they did not know the extent of what happened and said they had not seen the rest of the video, but that is complete bullshit.
Ray Rice might have been in the wrong with what he did, and I'm not trying to debate that, nor do I care to get into it.
But how they handled his punishment, setting a precedent with other cases, then punishing him, and ultimately going back and trying to oust him after a public outcry is absolutely wrong.
Roger Goodell and his cast of assclowns around him should have tried to handle it better upfront.
More than likely this is the deathknell on Goodell and his term, and he will be gone for good anyway, very soon.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:40 pm 

Well, we have a brotherly matchup this week.
Dark Horse/Start the Carr............ Chris vs. Scott.

Its unlikely it makes a difference, but its possible a loss could knock one out of the playoffs.
The most likely one would be Dark Horse, then Derelicts would have to outscore him by roughly 65 points. (and win his match also)
That doesn't happen often, but I've seen it happen 1-2 times this year in a couple leagues.

The only other years both brothers have made the playoffs were 2009 and 2013.

I hope you two have a sizable bet between the two of you. It looks like it will be a close matchup.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:16 pm 

And close that matchup was...............
111.30-112.48 With "Start the Carr" defeating "Dark Horse".

Both teams made the playoffs this year, and from the looks of it, there is an excellent chance of both brothers competing in the championship match this year.

Both made the playoffs in 2009, with Lazy winning the league.

Good luck to all in the playoffs.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:47 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
Standings?

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:30 am 

StillValleyBard wrote:
Standings?

The final standings are..................

*1 --TZDZ Minions--..... 10-4-0 (1728.58)
*2 --Start the Carr--..... 9-5-0 (1612.30)
*3 --Bieber Fever--..... 8-6-0 (1586.58)
*4 --The Dark Horse--.....8-6-0 (1553.28)

5 .....Derelicts .....8-6-0 (1536.42)
6 .....J & G's Misfits .....7-7-0 (1454.52)
7 .....The Goon Squad .....6-8-0 (1484.52)
8 .....R&R Razorblades .....6-8-0 (1461.80)
9 .....Kajagoogoos .....5-9-0 (1469.58)
10 .....Spittin' Whits .....3-11-0 (1283.32)

"Derelicts" missed the playoffs by less than 17 points.
The "Spittin' Whits" suffered many injuries and bad breaks, throughout the season. (Adrian Peterson was one)

The 2 playoff round 1 matchups are- (projections in parentheses)

"TZDZMinions" (118.25) vs. "The Dark Horse" (130.07)

I'm a substantial point underdog this week. Oddly enough I lead the league in points for the season, but this week a couple of my matchups aren't optimal.
Lazy has Brees ,Matt Forte and LeVeon Bell going against me this week, in ideal scenarios. (Brees vs the Bears and LeVeon Bell vs. ATL are dream matchups) Not looking good for the minions.

"Start The Carr" (118.91) vs. "Bieber Fever" (120.31)

"Bieber Fever" is a notch ahead in projections, but "Start The Carr's" team is a bit stronger now than it was early season too.
Its worth noting that "Bieber Fever" beat him in their 2 games earlier this year.

Good luck to all.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:04 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Good luck man....happy to return to the playoffs. Now on to the next goal - get past round one. Great to make it a true PtE board challenge - probably SVB's all-time favorite matchup :evil:

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:39 am 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Good luck man....happy to return to the playoffs. Now on to the next goal - get past round one. Great to make it a true PtE board challenge - probably SVB's all-time favorite matchup :evil:

Thanks, but I have pretty much written this PTE matchup off.

In other news, I play in 3 leagues this year, (including this one) and am fortunate enough to be in the playoffs in all three~! :dance:
That occurrence might not happen but once every 8-10 years or so, through variance.

Now, there is another local guy, whose opinion I respect alot, when it comes to fantasy, and we talk certain strategy and "fringe plays" alot.

But I have found myself in a rather unfavorable position, get a load of this.
Now I know that across the nation, millions of fantasy teams went to the playoffs, with alot of the same faces. (let's be fair, when you get great production out of a late round flyer or waiver wire late season hero, it helps get teams to the playoffs, so there tends to be alot of the same players on playoff teams)

Anyway, see if you can wrap your head around this, and at the end I will tell you what my friend told me..... :ROTF:

In one league, I am starting Matt Stafford. In another big $$$ league, I am against Megatron.
In 2 leagues, I am rolling out Jordy Nelson, in that same big $$ league, I am against Jordy Nelson. :x
In 2 leagues, I am starting Matt Ryan, and in one of those I am against Julio Jones.
In one league, I am starting Martellus Bennett, and in another league I am against Martellus Bennett.
In one league, I am starting Jimmy Graham, and in another league I am against Drew Brees.
I am starting Mark Ingram in one league too, and I have Jimmy Graham in another, and vs. Brees in our matchup.
In one league, I am starting Rashad Jennings, and in another league, I am against Rashad Jennings.
In one league, I started the STL defense, and I am against the very same defense, in BOTH other leagues.

If I was one of those guys playing in 10-12 leagues, then I wouldn't have even blinked at this, but to be in only 3 and see this much overlap is pretty hard to fathom.
Now what does this tell you?
Starting in 3 even matchups, where everything is essentially 50/50, the way my teams are tied to my opposing teams, there is little to no chance in Hell I can sweep. I am simply in a position, where if I have a guy go off on one squad, I am probably against him elsewhere. (or another event hurts my chances)
Like say if Jimmy Graham goes off for me in my "Two Outer" league, then that increases the chances that Drew Brees too will have a big day, and it will hurt me in my "PTE" matchup.

I'm basically in a hard position to win more than say one league. In fact, I am figuring I will lose in all three, barring an explosion by one of two individuals I will name shortly.

My friend, once I told him of the scenario, he basically laughed at me and said "Thats damned brutal, play your best lineups and f@%king pray!" :D

Now, a couple other interesting notes =
I almost, and I mean ALMOST dropped the STL defense the other night, and chose KC defense vs. Oakland.
NOT because I think its the better play, because I don't, but it would help my overall chances at winning more matchups. (I hope you can see how this works, and it has nothing to do if STL defense does any good or not) By making that move, I'd be essentially hoping the STL defense does poorly, and whomever I choose off the wire, does better. Thereby helping the matchup where I started someone else, and the 2 leagues where I am facing them, they would have a poor showing.
Which by the way, they got a total of 5.00 points, which is pretty bad actually, considering their defensive prowess of late. It hurt me in our matchup, but helped me in the others.

Something else, and this might be my saving grace.
The Rashad Jennings fiasco. It looks like he is not going to be 100%, and even if he is, they will likely limit his workload yet again, for a variety of factors. Not only that, in my big league, the owner has already subbed in someone....and I will likely do the same in "Two Outer".
Check out my "Two Outer" lineup Lazy, whenever you read this, you will laugh when you see how I have it set.
The guy I'm facing named Vince, I play poker with him. Last night he said "What the f@%k are you doing...? resting your players???? It must be some sort of mind game mental f@%king you're doing". :ROTF:
Point is, I am definitely going to start one guy you don't think I will, but I'm not showing him that until gametime, in case he tries to make an adjustment.

Another thing, that is crucial, I have keyed on two specific players this year during the drafts. Those are Demaryius Thomas and Joique Bell.
I knew DT would be a monster play all season, and after week 13 he was the #1 WR in fantasy. (he fell to #3 after the poor outing last week)
Joique Bell, I got him for late season value. True, I have had to start him in spots, especially in my big league, where I had a bunch of RB injuries, but he is just coming along strongly the last few weeks. And trust me, his schedule was EPIC in weeks 13-14-15-16, which includes the fantasy playoffs.
So any chance of me winning multiple matchups this weekend, are pretty much going to depend on Joique and DT. If they both have solid games, then I am in with a chance. But the rest of my rosters are so tangled up, I don't see winning more than 1 or so.

On the bright side, I pulled off one of your :sparkle: Lazy's Lucksack Miracle :sparkle: moves Monday night. (you might have forgotten that term I used some years ago on the fantasy board LOL) :twisted:
Going into last Monday night in my big league, it was week 1 of the playoffs. (3 weeks playoffs/12 teams) I was down over 55.50 points going into that game, and I had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. The other owner still had Matt Bryant going too, so i figured I would have to overcome a 60 point + deficit roughly.(includes the probable extra points for Bryant)
Well I watched a few minutes early, and cut the tv off and went upstairs online. A friend of mine in Florida had an interest in the game, and told me I might want to turn the TV on after halftime. The rest is history.

Still alive for the big bucks.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:40 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yes I know what you mean - so difficult to do it all when you are in multiple leagues. My brother has 4 leagues and made playoffs in all 4; his one league started last week (same as your big money league - 3 playoff weeks and 12 teams) but lost first round. Now he has everything going this weekend for the other 3. We shall see where he settles when the games are finally finished.

That's a large comeback for one Monday night game - bigger than mine vs. my cousin Misfits, where I was down about 35 going into Monday night and got him by a point or two with Kendall Wright but more notably Le'Veon Bell. That win propelled me towards a PtE playoffs.

I didn't expect to see you in playoffs in two outer either but Kumquats fell off quite a bit. Nice work.

Good luck this weekend!

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:47 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Yes I know what you mean - so difficult to do it all when you are in multiple leagues. My brother has 4 leagues and made playoffs in all 4; his one league started last week (same as your big money league - 3 playoff weeks and 12 teams) but lost first round. Now he has everything going this weekend for the other 3. We shall see where he settles when the games are finally finished.

That's a large comeback for one Monday night game - bigger than mine vs. my cousin Misfits, where I was down about 35 going into Monday night and got him by a point or two with Kendall Wright but more notably Le'Veon Bell. That win propelled me towards a PtE playoffs.

I didn't expect to see you in playoffs in two outer either but Kumquats fell off quite a bit. Nice work.

Good luck this weekend!

Its not so much that I'm in multiple leagues, but that the overlapping/cross over I have in players is silly. You could expect a fair amount of it, if you were in say 8 leagues, but this much in only 3 leagues is very flukey indeed.
Its a bad position mathematically. One event/player is directly interfering with the expected outcomes of others, and its not like its 1-2 guys. Its so damn much, my teams are basically crippled.
Now the converse is also true, when a guy in particular blows up, it will help me in another league even though I don't have him in 1-2 of the others.It just far lessens the likelihood of me winning multiple matches.

I definitely should have gotten in the "two outer" playoffs. You may not have thought so 3 weeks ago, but I knew there was an excellent chance.
I told 2 other league members 5 weeks back, that "Mighty Kumquats" would lose his last 4. His team just isn't strong enough.
In fact, had he not had that flukey win where I got negative points by a strong NE defense causing me to lose by less than 2, I would have either led the league, or finished #2, since I'm only roughly 10 points behind the league leader.
(I told several others I was going to bench the NE defense that Monday night, but I was ahead by only .32, any stat correction that week would have killed me at that point) Had I been up by say 2 points, I would have simply sat the defense....but benching them and then losing by a stat correction, I didn't want that to happen.

On that note, next year in my big league instead of having divisions, I think we are going to move towards one big division, like these 10 man leagues.
Also, we will pay a certain amount of $$$ to top points leader, which is far less luck oriented.(we were also paying out $100 each to the 3 division winners, maybe we will pay out $200 to the total points winner, which is also what the entry fee was)
Personally I like the idea of playing "total points", but the problem with those leagues, is after week 7-8 half the league is almost out of it, and they quit paying attention. You have to leave some luck in it I guess.

The fact that I was most likely going to lead the league in points, and almost got snubbed from the playoffs, (two outer) its a joke.
In fact, had "Slut Puppies"/Vince's team not went off for a massive 185 and change last week, I would have outscored the whole league there too. (by the way, that may have been the highest total I've ever seen in a league like this with 3WR no flex)
"Mighty Kumquats", I outscored him by over 300 points this year. Read that again. THREE HUNDRED, what a joke I even had to sweat this last week.
I want to go on record, that it makes no difference if it was me or not that outscored him. It just happened to be me.
I would have the same problem with it, if YOUR team had outscored him by that much and was facing the same scenario, its bullshit.
Anytime you are that much in front of another team, for him to actually make the playoffs instead of the "higher scorer", its just out of whack and luck is playing too much of a factor.
Thats an average of over 22 points a week, which is absolutely massive when it comes to our leagues, which are close to standard scoring. Its huge.
Imagine having a 22 point cushion every game and trying to overcome that if you are playing against it.

We all know that once you get to the playoffs, its a one week luck fest. But the above scenario is a bit too much.

After week 3, I guessed that your team, my team and "Eatshit23" , a guy I know named Scott we all would make the playoffs.
Though to be honest I thought Gio Bernard would have been a major help to you in making the playoffs. After about halfway through the season he hasn't done much due to injury, and effectiveness....Michael Floyd was another, man what a bust that guy has been. :yack:
I didn't know who would take the final spot. Obviously it doesn't have to ever work out like that, but those were the stronger teams in my opinion.
When you look at it, Vince/Slut puppies most likely never would have been there either, had he not gotten that crazy trade another guy I know offered. (he gave Vince , Luck, Julio Jones and Kelvin Benjamin for Matt Stafford (a then injured Megatron) and Brian Quick who was doing OK there for a while)
Vince lost 3 of his first 6 I believe, and then he got the trade after week 6 and he took off from there.
(speaking of that my Jimmy Graham trade has been a terrible bust, need him to make up for it this week)

Ah, you never know. Flukey things can happen.
I suppose the poker and "numbers" side of things have always attracted me more towards that strategy side of things.
Thats why I look at these things in a different light I guess, than some people.

Good luck tomorrow.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:55 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Returning for the PtE playoffs.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:58 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

lazyboyx51 wrote:

True. championship game would always be better but you guys are always knocking each other out in the first rounds :clap:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:01 pm 

TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Both teams made the playoffs this year, and from the looks of it, there is an excellent chance of both brothers competing in the championship match this year.

TZ DZ fan

As I called a week ago, its now brother against brother in the finals~!
I bet there will be a little bit of shite talking this week between the two of them. :dance:

The two "dream matchups" of Brees and LeVeon Bell indeed gave lazy a load of points, as I had referred to in a previous post.
I also figured "Start the Carr" would beat Bieber Fever, though I didn't know it would be that much of a blowout. I thought it would be a bit closer than it was.

Good luck this week.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:52 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Bieber had the kind of week my brother and I had in two outer -- not happy with a team shitting the bed like that, especially top stars like McCoy, Rodgers and E Sanders. shite happens, can't predict it, gotta move on and hope for success the next week (if there is one). We are hoping to pull in 3rd place in two outer, but we know it's going to be tough.

Yeah, my brother is in the PtE championship game for the 3rd straight year. I'm looking to take him down this week. Need to avenge my 1-point loss to him from week 14.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:01 am 

Championship Sunday................. good luck to all~!

Lazy- you will get a kick outta this.
I am playing the exact same guy for the championship, in "two outer", and in my bigger league also. :dance:
The bigger league is a 12 teamer. I guess its pretty long odds that exactly both of us would make the championships in BOTH leagues and face each other.

He decided he wanted to make a deal for 1st and 2nd in both leagues, which is fine. (he mentioned he didn't want to flip a coin for $2800, which is essentially what a "one and done" matchup is)
Still trying to win though, we have a monetary bonus if either of us happen to win both matches. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:20 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Championship Sunday................. good luck to all~!

Lazy- you will get a kick outta this.
I am playing the exact same guy for the championship, in "two outer", and in my bigger league also. :dance:
The bigger league is a 12 teamer. I guess its pretty long odds that exactly both of us would make the championships in BOTH leagues and face each other.

He decided he wanted to make a deal for 1st and 2nd in both leagues, which is fine. (he mentioned he didn't want to flip a coin for $2800, which is essentially what a "one and done" matchup is)
Still trying to win though, we have a monetary bonus if either of us happen to win both matches. :twisted:

TZ DZ fan

That's pretty wild man. Good luck!

Yeah, my brother whooped me in the finals, so his reign continues. I'll be happy with the 2nd place prize. Definitely wanted to be in the championship in two outer, but real pleased to have won 3rd place there. It has been a strange two weeks for fantasy playoffs that's for sure.

My brother is also facing off Misfits in my other league's championship tonight. As of this minute, my brother is all done and leads 123.08 - 107.58 with Misfits relying on Peyton to bring home the championship. We shall see what happens....

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:05 am 

Congrats to Lazy's "Dark Horse" on his 2nd place finish in the PTE league, and also to "Public Menace" on his win this year in our league!!!
His team "Start the Carr" (formerly known as "Death Ro") really came on strong near the end of the year.

Lazy knocked me out in week one, and I slipped into a 3rd place finish.

In our local "Two Outer" league, Lazy (and his brother/"Public Menace" split a team there) also took a solid 3rd, and he picked up $150.
I went on to win that league :dance: , and as luck would have it, I played the same guy in our big league.
On the shoulders of Demaryius Thomas and Odell Beckham Jr., I won the big league as well. :twisted:

3 money leagues this year, :sparkle: 2 wins in championships :sparkle: and a tidy 3rd here in our PTE league.
I'm extremely happy with the season, and it was more about validation than the money for me at this point.

I'm assuming that your brother ended up beating the Misfits in the other league??? Judging from the timestamp on your post and the numbers, he may have fallen a little short with Peyton Manning.

On that note- there is some talk of a very deep league next season locally..... perhaps 16-18 teams. I will likely be commish, and several have talked about 3WRs, ONE starting RB and a flex. (think about it, there aren't 32-36 dependable starting rbs on a given week)
Its an interesting idea for a league.
Of course, I will keep you and your brother posted. It likely won't be very expensive, maybe $60-$70 per team.

The "Two Outer" league is a yearly tradition, and we will definitely be back for next year too. Your team is now cemented as an annual competitor there, and we hope you will take part again next season.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:10 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Thanks! We're happy to have participated again and to take home the 3rd place prize.

Yes, my brother ended up winning in the last couple minutes -- when Peyton threw his 3rd INT for the pick 6, my brother went ahead, but there was too much time on the clock. We knew Manning would throw and complete a few passes to have Misfits go ahead again, which happened; the last INT was the dagger, dropping my cousin down and solidifying my brother as champ by a mere 1.34 points. It had to have been the closest championship I have ever witnessed. The best thing - Misfits is a fanatic when it comes to Peyton Manning. He was livid last season when he didn't get him, so this year he had the 3rd or 4th pick and drafted Peyton, all ecstatic to have him. He got him into the playoffs - it was only fitting that his entire season was riding on one Peyton Manning. In typical Peyton fashion, he choked, even in the fantasy playoffs.

So my brother also has had a successful fantasy season in 2014 - champion of our Fantasy Baseball league, champion of our Gridiron Fantasy Football League, champion of our PtE league, and 3rd place (with me) in the two outer league. Unbelievable.

I will keep you posted regarding next season for football. Having 3 teams all for money is a little much for me - too stressful trying to put together teams and try winning everywhere. I definitely won't be adding a 4th team, but I'll contemplate retaining the 3.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 pm 

I miss fantasy football.

:(

The combine is approaching, and I mentioned the "veteran combine" in the other thread, but no one had commented.
That seems to me to be something I will find interesting.
Which vets still have some gas left in the tank etc. etc.

I have some possible big news, concerning myself and possibly being involved closely with a "sizable, but growing" fantasy football site.
I told Alsunday a few of the details, per their request, I'm not able to name the site publicly at this point for several reasons that I can get into later.
We are still in talks currently, and I will be getting with them again in the next week or so.
I will keep you guys posted if and when I get involved.

I hope you are going to return this year with DarkHorse on DeathRo in our Two Outer league Lazy.
You and your brother are part of the tradition now. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:34 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Sounds interesting - fill us in when you are allowed. Thanks for the encouragement to re-join Two Outer; not definite but distinct possibility.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Sounds interesting - fill us in when you are allowed. Thanks for the encouragement to re-join Two Outer; not definite but distinct possibility.

For several reasons, I have decided NOT to "join" the fantasy site I was targeting.
They indeed wanted me to come on board, but several things have kept me from promising my time and efforts.
Not to mention this would have been essentially "free" at first, with some promise of money down the road.
Not only have I been busy with other things, but the fact of putting in a lot of time on something "FREE" doesn't appeal to me a whole lot.

I see the potential, the site is on the up rise and starting to get a lot more followers and recognition, including a sizable following on iTunes, but at this time its not the right thing for me.

We are on good terms, and I may take part down the road.

Also- the Two outer league has been reopened, as have all the leagues I took part in last year.
I know I speak for Albert and myself that we both hope you and your brother return this season.

Is this the part where we can make suggestions on the PTE league???
I have a couple ideas, but I do hope we return to "only" 3WR and no flex. I can deal with the flex, but the league has been successful for years now, and changing it up last year wasn't overall a popular change.
Albert and I discussed a "keeper league". If it gets too many (keepers), then it changes the league drastically, and it essentially MUST be a league with little to no turnover in managers.
The PTE league fits that criteria year in and year out, so it may be something everyone wants to consider.
One easy way to introduce this, is to allow every manager to keep ONE player a year, and only let him hold him over one time.
And they can keep him for a pick in the round that they drafted him in.
(say you drafted Eddie lacy in the 2nd round, then the next year he is slotted in as your pick in the second round and you get him instead of a fresh pick in that slot)
Yahoo makes this pretty easy, and the commish can just plug in those picks when appropriate.
Then of course after that one year, you have to drop him and return him to the player pool.
(I know of a league where everyone can keep 2 players essentially forever, it just detracts from the studs too much, and I declined from joining the league, since I know roughly 24 players I just don't have access to at the onset)

It would be interesting, and since you would have to "ship him back into the pool" after the one keeper year, you wouldn't be hogging a player forever.

I'm not saying change the league, but this idea does sound interesting, and in my opinion more interesting than changing the positions or adding in wrs, more rbs or subtracting a spot.
Also, in the event someone leaves the league, or something bad happens, then their player is just returned to the pool.

I also have another idea, that is something we may have to encounter at some point......and its best we have a rule in place in the event it ever occurs.
Lets say we get an owner that for whatever reason, can't play anymore suddenly midseason. This could be death, any type of health or life issues, or suppose an owner gets disgruntled and "dumps everyone back into free agents".
Note- we had this very thing happen years back if you remember.

I don't know if you would essentially want to "freeze their lineup" if they can't make changes, or they pass away etc, but we need to have some type plan in place.
One way would be to "start at the bottom" and let the worst team by record/points get first pick, (then second to last get the next pick) and go up the ladder like that.

I can not remember what we did when that old member got pissed and cut everyone loose..........do you remember Lazy?
I think we just "froze his team", and the line up was not changed the rest of the season. Whoever played that person had a bit of an edge, if someone was hurt or out.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:48 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Not sure I recall how we resolved someone who quit....but I'm good with just freezing the lineup. Or if that manager dumps the team (though can't dump players on the no cut list) before the team is frozen, then rule in place to allow worst team first choice and on up the chain. Im cool with suggestions - i will eventually post polls in the league, just keep reminding me. And here is fine to post your thoughts on changes and polls.

I'll keep u posted on the two outer league.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:45 pm 

Quick bump, for Lazy and the other guys that occasionally peek in this thread concerning fantasy.

Its time you start putting up the polls now bro, as the season inches closer and closer.
I have not ran anything by Griffin/"Kajagoogoos" yet, but he is signed up already.

On that note, a couple of old league members have not signed up already, hopefully they sign up.

Just in the last few days Yahoo has seemingly done a big reboot of their site, and the old dark style "night time viewing" with the dark green field in the background has been taken away.
Its now only the very basic plain white, and from what I have seen, there is no way we can opt for the other background at this time.
Kinda sucks!

EDIT-
A quick overview of the yahoo message boards indeed indicates that the dark color "night time view" is gone for good. :(
It also looks like the "classic style" drafting is now gone for good also.
I really hate the new layout, its more advanced, but yet more clumsy when looking for certain aspects during the draft.
I was hoping they would re-enable the classic drafting style prior to the season, but from all indications it will not be happening.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:55 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I agree about the new layout - not a fan.

I am posting this to find out if Whit, SVB and Dr. Moreau will be joining for the upcoming fantasy football season. 6 teams are signed up. I have been informed R&R Razorblades won't be joining us this year. Hoping to find out soon if Whit will be signing back up and if SVB or DR. M will be returning. Otherwise I need to send a search party to fill up. Thanks guys!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:44 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I will joining again this year.

Whit

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:18 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
I will joining again this year.

Whit

Invitation sent to you Whit.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Joined.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:21 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Sorry Guys, probably not again this year. Work, work, work ....

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:49 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Will miss having you Doc! Don't venture into the "all work, no play...." situation; didn't work out too well for Jack Torrance.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:51 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

whitsbrain wrote:
Joined.

Glad to have you back Whit!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm 

SVB-
Stop being a wuss and join the league this year stooge.

Lazy- I alerted Albert and Griffin to the polls, but I don't believe either have voted as of yet.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:45 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
SVB-
Stop being a wuss and join the league this year stooge.

TZ DZ fan

Im more of a chess kinda guy... :ROTF: ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 pm 

Draft tonight boys...................can't wait~!!

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:33 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My team looks good. I think I will let Yahoo auto-draft every year.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:02 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:29 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Happy it's football season again. Good luck this year boys!

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:56 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7