Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
With free agency less than 2 weeks away, there has been some rumblings about some possible big moves.

Of course I look at it from a fantasy aspect, as thats the only thing important to me, since I don't really root for any specific team.

Anyway, the rumor mill has been cranking and there is early talk of a few big moves.

The Titans might part ways with Chris Johnson-
I think this is probably a decent maneuver for them, as his career has essentially went down the drain the last couple of years.
Its like that one big season, (then followed by a decent follow up campaign) then its been brutal for a fantasy owner.
He still can and does put up occasional big numbers when facing a poor defense, but generally hes a bit of a letdown for fantasy owners expecting true RB#1 numbers.

What the f@%k happened to the G-MEN-
Seriously. That team was an absolute fantasy wasteland last year. Even on most poor teams one can get some decent production out of 1 or 2 players. (example Josh Gordon on The Browns) But NO ONE on the Giants squad could be depended on.
I think much of it is on Eli Manning's shoulders, but damn man.......... nothing from the RBs, nothing from the WRs....nada.
On that note, its pretty much a given Hakeem Nicks is gone which is too bad. For a few years they all thought he was the most talented of the lot but the dude just can't seem to stay healthy. Maybe a change of team and a decent off season might help him.
I told fellow board member Alsunday well before the start of last season, (he may or may not remember) that I knew Victor Cruz would fall off. And fall off he did. He had quite a few "tipped passes/flukey catches" that resulted in long scores in 2012, and I knew those wouldn't be happening again, at least to any large extent.
Lazyboy follows that team a bit closer than I do, but they looked pretty damn bad overall last year and something needs to be done.
I believe Justin Tuck might just seek another team too.

Washington Redskins-
There has been talk of them trying to snatch up Eric Decker, and that would be a great move for them. (I don't think it would be great for his fantasy stock though) The market will be huge for Decker though, the Skins is only one of many teams rumored to be jockeying to get him, with the Jets being another.
As for the dedicated skins fans........there may be hope. I see an upward trend coming now that they finally got rid of that dead weight P.O.S. Mike Shanahan.
My hatred of Mike Shanahan is well documented. It largely stems from him generally making it hard to trust his RBs for fantasy. That was starting to change with Alfred Morris though.

Miami Dolphins-
As bad as some people make the Browns organization out to be, I think Miami might be even worse.
Just in the last few days, the rumors have started that they are trying to get rid of almost everyone there, except Tannehill.
They are shopping their #1 draft pick Dion Jordan from last year trying to trade him which is just absurd.
They got rid of arguably their most talented player in Reggie Bush (that alone says something) and now the rumors are even suggesting they are looking to deal away Mike Wallace, promptly after giving him that huge contract last year. Cam Wake is reportedly up for grabs too.
Its almost as if they are just trying to eliminate any hope for wins, and are happy to just field a "team of mediocres" as I've said in the past.

Minnesota Vikings-
So apparently there are no quarterbacks in Minnesota. Certainly not any on the roster of the Vikings anyway.
Whit, I know you are a big Vikes fan, can you throw a football??? :ROTF:
I do like this Cordarelle Patterson kid..... and Peterson might have 1-2 more big years left.

Some other interesting names that are Free Agents this year are (largely fantasy relevant).............
Jimmy Graham- This is turning out to be yet another sad case of someone thinking he is bigger than the game itself.
I was a big fan of the guy, but all this talk of possibly wanting to be tagged as a WR just so he can make more money is complete bullshit. Take your millions, shut your mouth and play the game. (I still will try and roster him in fantasy though this year) :dance:

Aqib Talib- Yeah hes got a big mouth, but he can back it up, much like one Richard Sherman. Easily one of the best corners in football.

Jermichael Finley- Big injury risk at this point, especially after that nasty injury last season. I don't think hes 100% yet, but has said he plans to play again and has resumed contact again. (if not already its very soon)
He was generally an overrated fantasy TE, but last year he seemed to be coming alive before the injury.

Ben Tate- The guy has some talent and seems to run with determination, vaguely similar at times to Ahmad Bradshaw.
Could be in line for a huge year, depending on where he lands/scenario. Its already common knowledge hes out of the Texans camp.

MJD, Darren McFadden, and Knowshon Moreno are a few of the others. I always liked MJD, but I'm afraid he might be almost done.

More in the coming days.....

TZ DZ fan

Post subject: Re: 2014 NFL Free Agency
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Tate and Talib I could see the Giants being interested in.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:51 pm 

Anthony wrote:
Tate and Talib I could see the Giants being interested in.

Ben Tate is solid talent, and can impact wherever he goes.
Andre Brown is a decent talent too, and The Giants were just so bad last year I don't think the greatest RB ever could have helped but so much honestly.
But they seem to believe in Brown, and he should be ok.

Talib has some off the field issues, but being one of the best corners in football, he can ALMOST go where he chooses.
If he were to have some trouble in the offseason it would hurt the interest in him, but I think he knows whats going on now.

He would be a monster addition to someone like the Redskins, who have a horrific defense. But instead the Skins, kept the pathetic "gambling corner" DeAngelo Hall.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:53 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Gives Giants a better chance at winning the division then.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:27 pm 

Lots of moves so far, and a few are surprising.

Darren Sproles- The Saints let him go to the Eagles. I don't know this will help Sproles so much as it may hurt LeSean McCoy's value in fantasy. This will definitely help the team though giving them another dynamic RB with pass catching skills.

Golden Tate- Is now with the Lions. This should help the Lions in a big way, as they have never had a decent wr alongside Megatron. This should also help Tate's fantasy value, as there's not alot of passes to be caught in Seattle.
The Lions also re-signed Pettigrew in other news.

Eric Decker- Is now the Jets #1 receiver. Everyone is going to jump on that bandwagon, but I think with Geno Smith at the helm, Decker will most likely be over drafted in fantasy, and his numbers won't be what many might think.

Steve Smith- Goes to the Ravens. This might be a decent spot for him, he's at the end of his career and the Ravens are a competitive spot.
Torrey Smith has long been an "underachiever with potential" (without a legit 2nd receiver there) and Steve Smith will make a decent WR2 there.
I suppose his days as a major fantasy factor are now over.

Justin Tuck is now with the Raiders. This hurts the GMEN and directly helps the Raiders and most likely pleases Lazy's brother. :dance:
Also, The Raiders let Rashad Jennings go, and apparently are willing to stick by Darren McFadden. If the guy can stay healthy (big IF there) he may be in line for a decent season.

THE BRONCOS- Have bumped up their defense in a big way adding Demarcus Ware and my boy Aqib Talib, one of the best corners in football.
Talib got a huge payday for his efforts, with a contract of $57 million$ , roughly half of it guaranteed.
Not to be outdone, the Patriots have added Darrelle Revis.

TOBY GERHART- Not saying this is major news, but Gerhart went to the Jags. Like him or not, he has done OK when filling in for Adrian Peterson.
How would you like to be a "decent NFL RB" and being stuck behind Peterson, geesh..... thats got to be a tough pill to swallow.

More interesting news to come.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:21 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Looks like Giants are starting to fill some needs at offensive line and defensive ends, mid linebackers. LB and offensive line they seem to need the most help. Looks like they're looking to fill some of these needs with late draft picks as well.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:59 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Titans sign Michael Oher (OT)
Colts sign Hakeem Nicks (WR)
Packers sign Julius Peppers (DE)

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 am 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
Titans sign Michael Oher (OT)
Colts sign Hakeem Nicks (WR)
Packers sign Julius Peppers (DE)

The big fantasy news here is obviously Nicks going to the Colts.
I really wonder what this means for Nicks to be honest.
I have liked the guy for a number of years now, but the last season or two have really hurt his appeal in my opinion.
It certainly isn't like they don't have other weapons on the Colts either, with Wayne supposedly returning and they have high expectations for T.Y. Hilton too.
I'm sure you have liked the guy too, since his stint in New York.

Speaking of that, I have mentioned MOST of the more fantasy important items, but this also reminded me about Rashad Jennings going to the Giants as well also.
He did well last year with the Raiders, and frankly I was surprised they let him go.
I know the Raiders have a soft spot for Darren McFadden, since he has shown brilliance at times, but his health has always been the issue.
They must have high hopes for Latavius Murray too I guess.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:13 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Yeah I liked Nicks a lot - so much so that he's the only Giants jersey I own. Sad to see him go. Also will be sad to see MJD leave the Jags - I've got his jersey too, his is an authentic jersey. Wish the Giants would've grabbed him too, hell they could still and bring MJD and Jennings back together again. I think Jennings could be good, but only if the line holds up, which was a boost to sign Schwartz from KC. I like re-signing Beason too.

A new signing: Ben Tate to Cleveland.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:09 pm 

James Jones- Minutes ago reports came out he has been lured into The Raiders organization.
Denarius Moore has been the talk there for several years, but he has been very hit and miss, and last year was benched mid-game for "performance reasons" on a couple of occasions.
Jones should help by adding a decent WR2-ish threat.

The Giants- Are starting to make noise by bolstering their defense.
They added former Seahawk Walter Thurmond at corner, and they have also added Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for a big contract. He will most likely play 1-2 more years and be done though, as he was already openly considering retirement this offseason.

Emmanuel Sanders- The #2/#3 WR for the Steelers is now with the Broncos.
Its hard to see him having big fantasy upside, but its possible as Peyton Manning has made 3 wrs fantasy relevant before.

The names are starting to dry up, for the skill positions.
There's not alot left at RB and WR as far as "big names".

Sidney Rice is drawing a bit of interest by the Jets and Saints, but hes been a health risk for several seasons now.
Kenny Britt is apparently visiting with the Redskins to see if they can come to terms also.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 pm 

News came out earlier that MARK SANCHEZ was let go from the Jets.

And of course just minutes later word also came out that Michael Vick is now with the Jets on a 1 year deal.
If Vick is indeed the starter, it should help the value of newly added Eric Decker.

Ryan Fitzpatrick- Goes to the Texans, which brings on the next news....

The Raiders have finally acquired Matt Schaub. It was being rumored for days. I'm just glad that P.O.S. didn't go to Cleveland.
What is it about the Raiders in that they seem to like old proven/borderline/washed up talent...? Not saying Schaub is really, but in general they seem to gravitate towards people like that, just like Carson Palmer etc.

Alot of talk that DeSean Jackson is on his way out of Philly. Chip Kelly is apparently not a fan of his primadonna act.

Future Hall of Famer Devin Hester is now with the Falcons.

Lance Moore- Formerly of the Saints is now with the Steelers.

Jerricho Cotchery- Is now with the Panthers, who apparently decided to drop any living human on their roster associated with the wide receiver position.

A few decent RBs still out there unsigned.......... MJD and Knowshon Moreno....though Moreno is supposedly visiting with the Dolphins today.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

:~} Hate to say it but the only thing Micheal Vick will do is get Rex Ryan fired. Scalps already owned by Vick, Dan Reeves, Jim Mora Jr. and Andy Reid. Not that I give a flip about Coach Rex Ryan. :wtf:

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:47 pm 

Beware The Creeper wrote:
:~} Hate to say it but the only thing Micheal Vick will do is get Rex Ryan fired. Scalps already owned by Vick, Dan Reeves, Jim Mora Jr. and Andy Reid. Not that I give a flip about Coach Rex Ryan. :wtf:

That may or may not be the case, but Vick is an instant upgrade at QB over Sanchez, (who was released) and Geno Smith looked a bit rough at times last year.
Their offense didn't exactly help, but still.

Most likely it will be some type of split between Smith and Vick, but at this point Vick is easily the better of the two unless hes went seriously downhill in the last 6 months.

Vick will bring a couple of players back to fantasy relevance at least, and thats typically all I worry about. :dance:

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:26 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Giants got that corner from Denver, Cromartie. And they might be looking for another free agent one. They still have a few needs left to fill, hopefully they will and become contenders again.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 pm 

Some more big moves in the last day or two.............

Maurice Jones-Drew - Is now with the Raiders. I personally think he is starting to "run out of gas", but even so he should help the Raiders, and should please Lazy's brother.
He has had a tremendous amount of work, but they need someone to help the oft-injured Darren McFadden.

Now that I think about it, I suppose Lazy's bro is probably a bit excited, the Raiders have made a number of decent moves this off season.

DeSean Jackson- Has been outright released by the Eagles. After alot of rumors it finally happened, and the Eagles are saying it has to do with off the field issues and possible gang involvement.
He is a bit of a primadonna anyway, so its not shocking to me. I'm sure someone will take a chance on him, hes a great talent in his prime.

Steelers add RB LeGarrette Blount- I don't know how much fantasy impact this has, but its noteworthy.
Blount had a decent year last year after Stevan Ridley had issues and Shane Vereen wasn't healthy all year.
He will likely get a fair workload in relief of LeVeon Bell.

Knowshon Moreno- Is now in Miami. Hard to say how this pans out as he is going from one of the most favorable situations for a RB (with Manning under center) to one of the worst.
Probably a situation I'm staying away from in fantasy to be honest.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 pm 

I thought I had covered most of the moves here, but there is one last big move, and apparently I had missed Matt Schaub.

MATT SCHAUB- Is now with the Raiders.
Yes I suppose he is an upgrade at QB, albeit a very slight one. I was never a fan of his.
Terrelle Pryor is on the way out of the Raiders organization, and they have publicly stated that, though he is technically still there for the time being. They must be trying to get something, ANYTHING for him in trade.
I don't know how good that guy is, but he is athletic and has some talent. I can't help but wonder if he even really got a fair shake there with all that turmoil last season.
I doubt a truly GREAT QB would have done but so good there last year honestly.

It seems like the Raiders were trying to build on the future with Pryor, then promptly yanked the ripcord after one season.
I seriously doubt that Schaub is the answer, but what do I know.
I wonder what Lazy's bro thinks of this move....seeing as he is a devout Raider fan.

Chris Johnson- Is now officially with the Jets. This move was anticipated for several weeks and all speculation was that he would end up a Jet.
I'm not a big fan of this move really, as it all reeks of him and Chris Ivory and the other lesser backs just eating into each others fantasy value.
CJ might be decent were Ivory to be injured (as often is the case). Hard to see myself taking a chance anymore on CJ in that scenario especially.

Oh, and DeSean Jackson- is now with the Redskins. Pierre Garcon's value should now be going directly into the tank with this addition.

Thats pretty much it, until the draft.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:43 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I don't think Garcon will tank but he shouldn't be drafted as a #1 WR. I think having Jackson could possibly take the stress off Garcon and perhaps he will have a better season, barring injury of course. Now the Redskins have two viable WRs plus a big TE Jordan Reed. So yes, there's lots of ball spread to happen but it could be a positive thing. On the other side of the coin it could just decimate all 3 of their fantasy value. All I know is that Garcon would not be my #1 WR but would be serviceable as a #2 or a strong #3.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm 

I think we both know he still has value, and I am not saying that he doesn't. But I think he will drop further than most people think.

Last season he had a massive 184 targets, which I'm fairly certain is the most among all WRs.
I just don't think he can have anywhere near that pace, especially with a legitimate threat such as DeSean Jackson now available.
(another point, their defense should be slightly improved too, and ultimately that will lead to a slight decrease in targets)
The Skins were pretty bad with the rest of their receivers. Leonard Hankerson anyone???? :ROTF: The Jordan Reed concussion issue didn't help either.

Now, upon looking at Garcon's stats I also see he had a "flukey" low TD total, in 5. I would assume he should see a few more TDs this season too, and that might offset it a little.
Thats an extremely low TD total when you consider in all those targets.
I would tend to believe he won't have more than about 125 targets, especially with Reed returning (healthy hopefully???) and DeSean Jackson there now. Thats just a guess though, with many factors contributing.

Garcon as a high upside WR#3 sounds about right in my book.

I think the Philly vs. Washington games should be very entertaining this year, with DeSean Jackson at the center of it.

I can't wait for the season to start, and have already been doing some mock drafts online.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:11 pm 

As a casual Cleveland Browns fan, I was looking for a decent season this year, with their offense vastly improving over the offseason.

Then today I learn of the drafting of Johnny Manziel. :yack:
There was absolutely ZERO wrong with Brian Hoyer last year, until injury.
Manziel may yet prove to just be a big flashy mouth, who might not get away with his footwork in the much more difficult NFL.

Then to top it off, continuing in "factory of sadness" tradition, Josh Gordon (who is possibly the top WR in the league) has failed yet another drug test.
This is no shocker for anyone who has followed this kid really, but its kind of sad.
He may be facing up to a year suspension.

In brighter news, I'm sure board member whitsbrain is stoked with the addition of Teddy Bridgewater going to the Vikings. (I would have much rather had Bridgewater in Cleveland)
For the first time in many years, the Vikings are looking like a real contending team.
They finally have a bit of talent surrounding AP, and a decent OC Norv Turner. (its well known I don't like Turner, but he is a fair OC though)

Sammy Watkins also goes to the Bills, and Stevie "God told me to drop it" Johnson has been traded to the 49'ers. :ROTF:
The jury is still out on exactly how good Watkins will be playing for the Bills, but Stevie Johnson has pretty much no fantasy value anymore as far as I'm concerned.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:59 am 

I can't believe Johnny Manziel was picked in the FIRST round. Cleveland must have lost it's mind, when they have so many pressing needs. Tom Brady wasn't drafted until the SIXTH round and Joe Montana in the THIRD! Manziel would have been available in MUCH later rounds. And that's why, ladies and gentleman, THEY are the Cleveland Browns! The mistake by the lake....... :~}

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:45 pm 

I can't believe Johnny Manziel was picked in the FIRST round. Cleveland must have lost it's mind, when they have so many pressing needs. Manziel would have been available in MUCH later rounds.

I am not sure Manziel will be a franchise type QB.
I could of course be wrong, (yeah it does happen occasionally :dance: ) but I don't see him being a great NFL QB.
Perhaps they will groom him, put him on some juice and let him gain about 15-20 pounds, teach him some more NFL-type ways, and he will be ok. But I would much rather have had Bridgewater, from the little I know about him.
I'm glad he went to the Vikings who needed a QB also, but I would have rather had him playing for the Browns.

One thing that stands out as a complete brain donor move....... was the draft maneuvering considering the Josh Gordon situation.
The word has come out that the Browns upper management knew in advance of the Gordon failed test, so why didn't they take Sammy Watkins instead??? Complete stupidity. Watkins by all accounts is a truly special talent, much like Gordon, and they had the golden opportunity to replace him without missing a beat. But they didn't do it. I don't see why they didn't try and trade around for a different/earlier pick and grab Watkins, but they must have been wanting Manziel so bad, that it didn't matter and wasn't even part of the equation.

Months ago there was a slight rumbling that The Browns were looking for a QB, and that the owner was extremely high on Johnny Manziel. Then for months it was kept under wraps, only a few days ago did the rumors begin again apparently.
So their plan all along must have been to get Manziel... (and to keep it quiet as the draft approached)

The one positive thing.............. supposedly the Browns have already seen a huge spike in revenue because of the Manziel signing.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:47 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Well Cleveland didn't even draft Manziel first. They took a DB when everyone thought they would grab Manziel. Then it was assumed other teams could potentially take him, particularly the Cowboys, to be groomed to take over after Tony Romo was done, but even they didn't draft him. I think Cleveland made sense to grab him, and it doesn't mean he gets the job. He is supposed to compete with Hoyer. On the Josh Gordon note I can't believe it....yeah I'm naive but after such a great season, its just stupidity to waste it like that. Didn't think he was as stupid as Blackmon. I like Bridgewater too -- actually surprised Bortles was the first QB off the board and so early. Buffalo is a mystery - they have all young WRs now, no veteran leadership. They will have to rely heavily on the run game. Gmen - nice WR pick but not a necessary position. Jets take Amaro, Cards take the TE I wanted Troy Niklas. Giants GM Reese is a stunod to the nth degree.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:18 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
I think Cleveland made sense to grab him, and it doesn't mean he gets the job. He is supposed to compete with Hoyer. On the Josh Gordon note I can't believe it....yeah I'm naive but after such a great season, its just stupidity to waste it like that. Didn't think he was as stupid as Blackmon. I

I think we all know they will put Manziel in, and unless he is outright terrible, they will stand by him. The Cleveland brass is just too high on him it appears now.
I think they only reason they passed on him early, is because they knew he wouldn't go off the board yet.

The deal with Gordon , is he has always been a problem. If you didn't know, he had multiple problems in college and then later in the NFL.
The real tragedy, is he is a bright kid, he isn't stupid by any means, at least from all the interviews I have seen.

Gordon failed three drug tests in college. The first two came at Baylor. The latter, came after charges were dropped in his marijuana-related arrest of 2010. That led to his transfer to Utah, where he failed another drug test.

There was a controversy last season, in that his suspension "may" have been codeine in his drug test, but I don't know if it was ever stated explicitly. Codeine might have appeared from a variety of sources.
But the NFL's stance on multiple offenders gets brutal, and fast too. This might be a year suspension, and yet another violation could possibly be the end for Gordon.

As far as last season, it was a breakout I knew would happen. (Josh Gordon)
A few coaches came forward the year prior and commented on Gordon. Several said "this kid just makes the game look easy", one in particular was Norv Turner, this was before Turner came to the Browns, so I knew damn well they would be pumping him the ball.
I drafted Gordon in one league, but in the other league he was snapped up earlier than I expected. I think Alsunday got him, but I'm not sure. Either way it was a round or so before I figured he would go, and I missed out by not acting on what I knew was going to happen.

Also, the Browns did a bit of house cleaning a few weeks in last season, trading and getting rid of a slew of players.
Gordon was in fact supposed to be one up for grabs. They were "showcasing him" by giving him additional targets in an apparent move to try and get big trade value for him, as the upper management knew he was a risk.
Then he started "going off" and getting huge games and numbers, and they realized they had a special talent on their hands, so he wasn't "for trade" anymore.

Sadly, this latest failed test means he might be on the way out of Cleveland.
If he was "slated to be up for trade" early last year, this almost definitely means he is on the way out now.
Regardless of what happens, he is now proving that he may not ever be a "safe bet" for any team at this point.

Cross thread talk ------
In the baseball thread you mentioned the GMEN having a bad draft.
I don't know what it is, but it seems like Coughlin just doesn't care about having a top notch tight end.
Sure they got a decent WR, (but they have decent talent there anyway with Randle and Cruz) why wouldn't you just try and get a decent talent at TE once and for all and be done with it...?

I don't understand it.
One can say all they want about "we prefer a more blocking TE" or "a move TE doesn't fit in what we want to do" but it just doesn't make sense to me.
All the Giants fans I know personally are screaming for a good TE, and its as if they are avoiding it like the Black Death.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:53 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Overall the Giants had a solid draft....but for me, missing out on a TE is a GIANT hole in the plans. I'm not unhappy with the WR, in fact I like the pick more than their first rounder last season (G - Pugh -- did not have a good rookie season, but hopefully learned enough about the NFL that he'll be better this season). I just feel like they should've drafted Aaron Donald DT to help their losses of Tuck and Joseph. Then they needed to grab a TE, which they did not. We'll see....still hoping to win the east this season.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm 

In the last few days, the Buffalo Bills have lobbied the NY State legislature to allow earlier beer sales at Ralph Wilson Stadium this year.

I don't have much to say on this except I am in favor of it.
Now that I think about it, if there ever was a team (except possibly the Cleveland Browns) that needed more and earlier beer sales, the Buffalo Bills are probably perfect for it. :ROTF:

I was also reading where Eli Manning of Lazy's beloved GMEN has come forward and said he is "re-energized" about the teams new offense.
Personally I give the guy credit, but in my heart I believe his days as a solid fantasy QB are pretty much over.
I don't think he was ever really "elite" in that sense, but I certainly want no part of him on my fantasy teams at this point.

On that note, Lazy, check your Yahoo email, in the last few days you have been invited to join our "two outer" league again this year.
It appears that everyone in our league is returning, and we hope you will join and take part once again.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
In the last few days, the Buffalo Bills have lobbied the NY State legislature to allow earlier beer sales at Ralph Wilson Stadium this year.

I don't have much to say on this except I am in favor of it.
Now that I think about it, if there ever was a team (except possibly the Cleveland Browns) that needed more and earlier beer sales, the Buffalo Bills are probably perfect for it. :ROTF:

I was also reading where Eli Manning of Lazy's beloved GMEN has come forward and said he is "re-energized" about the teams new offense.
Personally I give the guy credit, but in my heart I believe his days as a solid fantasy QB are pretty much over.
I don't think he was ever really "elite" in that sense, but I certainly want no part of him on my fantasy teams at this point.

On that note, Lazy, check your Yahoo email, in the last few days you have been invited to join our "two outer" league again this year.
It appears that everyone in our league is returning, and we hope you will join and take part once again.

TZ DZ fan

I agree, Eli won't be a fantasy stud, but then again there have been seasons where Tom Brady wasn't a fantasy stud despite being an elite QB. I think he has had a couple definite elite fantasy years but he had more mediocre fantasy numbers. I'll confer with my brother about joining again. I'll re-open PtE once they fix the invite problem (I send it from my aol account). TZ DZ, check your PM.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:45 am 

Big blow to the ATL. Sean Weatherspoon tore an Achilles Tendon and will be out for the 2014 season. This will probably seriously adversly affect the team's season, so you might want to reconsider any Falcon's in your Fantasy Draft.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:29 am 

Big blow to the ATL. Sean Weatherspoon tore an Achilles Tendon and will be out for the 2014 season. This will probably seriously adversly affect the team's season, so you might want to reconsider any Falcon's in your Fantasy Draft.

This must have happened recently, as I had not seen it anywhere online.
Thanks for the heads up.
The Falcons still have a strong offense, and there is plenty of fantasy "goodness". Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Roddy White and some even still don't mind Steven Jackson....... all these players are still very much fantasy relevant. (Jackson's numbers have been declining, and is now an injury risk at this point, plus he is older)

I was expecting a bit of a bounce back season for the Falcons, after last years injury-riddled campaign but losing Weatherspoon won't help.

In case you didn't know Creeper (and the others here) in the last few days it was announced that the Atlanta Falcons will be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks".
If you ever watch this, its an interesting inside glimpse at the teams and players, and I will be watching yet again this year.

Creeper- you seem to know enough about the players, how come you never joined our fantasy league??? :(
I never played until 7 or so years back, and now I'm in every year, multiple leagues most seasons.
Only takes about 5 minutes a week of subbing your players in and out.....

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Jon Beason injured his foot for the Gmen - not good. He was very helpful for their D. I believe he will need about 12 weeks to recover, so we'll see how that impacts his season (i.e. training camp, pre-season - getting regular season ready).

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm 

Good show, but Arthur Blank realizes now what a hard sell tickets are going to be this season. So he signed up!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:09 pm 

Yes I saw earlier this week that the Falcons would be on Hard Knocks.

(thought I mentioned it here but I guess not)

There is a list of teams that can or "must" be put on Hard Knocks.
I googled it a few months back and there is a short list of teams (perhaps 14 or so) and one either has to volunteer, or the NFL itself steps in and says "you must do it" to one of the organizations.
Its just another way of promoting the NFL I guess.

You haven't considered joining our fantasy league Creeper?

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm 

:oops: I'm just not the fantasy football type TZ. I barely follow the games and just usually check scores and standing. But thanks for thinking about me. :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:46 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
I figured Creeper would be more into watching the Lingerie football league and ogle the stars :ROTF:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 am 

Creeper LUVS me some FOOTBALL!

I'd spank dat ahsse, and bring some discipine on the field!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:19 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

2015 Free Agency:

Well Giants placed the franchise tag on JPP. But the biggest news that dropped today was Philly trading LeSean McCoy straight up to Buffalo for linebacker Kiko Alonso. Wow....

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm 

lazyboyx51 wrote:
2015 Free Agency:

Well Giants placed the franchise tag on JPP. But the biggest news that dropped today was Philly trading LeSean McCoy straight up to Buffalo for linebacker Kiko Alonso. Wow....

I was on the way here to start posting some of the moves, and when I saw the news on McCoy, I was in disbelief.

I think the guy is a tad bit overrated personally...... but I seriously don't see why Philly would have done this.
Unreal.
Maybe they think Sproles can be a workhorse???? NOT.
They must be planning on using him a bit more and drafting someone, or signing a free agent like Mark Ingram or God knows who.

This is further proof that the RB slot is becoming more and more expendable, as I have been saying for a year or two.
ALSO why I have been drafting star WRs more and more in fantasy, as opposed to more RBs early.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:51 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I don't know if McCoy is overrated, that's up for debate; he had a "down" year last season but seems like a lop-sided trade to me. Honestly, I just think Shady doesn't fit in Kelly's scheme. Maybe they will just run with Chris Polk and Sproles, who knows. Looking forward to more off-season moves and the draft.

Also heard Buffalo traded for Matt Cassel -- he will certainly not help them at QB.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:50 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Pats didn't pick up Vince Wilfork's option.

Steelers want Polamalu to retire, he may want to play one more season, but doesn't sound like it would be with Pitt.

My boy MJD announced his retirement - turns 30 in 2+ weeks. Thanks for the good years man! :cry:

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:37 pm 

For all the fantasy players here, I stumbled across something and you all should check it out.

Andrew Hawkins has been someone I always liked to watch play. For a little guy he has game changing ability, but he has always been held back because of his size.
I've even had him on my roster 2-3 times over the years as a WR3, but he has always been right on the fringes of actually being startable.
Injuries over the years have also held him back, and I knew that his story was a tough one.
I didn't quite know what he went through, but when I read this story I'm about to link, it gave me (and should give everyone) a different view into what it takes to become a part of the NFL. ESPECIALLY when you aren't blessed with certain measurables , just as he wasn't.

This is truly compelling reading on this guy, and all of you here should enjoy this.
I will link to part I, and a link to part II is near the bottom of the first piece.

PART ONE- http://www.theplayerstribune.com/andrew ... -part-one/

PART TWO- http://www.theplayerstribune.com/andrew ... -part-two/

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:04 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Dude that's a great story. Thanks for posting the links.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:24 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Wild start to free agency -- Gore was looking like he was going to sign with Philly, then pulls back and signs with Indy. Andre Johnson signs with Indy. Philly trades Foles and picks to St. Louis for Sam Bradford; sign Byron Maxwell. Saints trade Jimmy Graham!! To Seattle for Max Unger (center) and picks. Giants sign Shane Vereen. Titans sign Harry Douglass; Jake Locker retires. Maclin goes to KC. Revis back with Jets; Brandon Marshall to Jets. Torrey Smith to 49ers. Owen Daniels to Denver. Julius Thomas to Jax. Haloti Ngata to Detroit. Raiders sign Malcolm Smith and Roy Helu. Antlers Rolle to Bears. Suh to Miami.

That's what I recall off the top of my head.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 pm 

The draft is tomorrow.
Hopefully I can watch a bit of it before I have my poker game.

To be perfectly honest, I don't usually watch much, but I must admit to having a *tiny bit* more interest this year.
I would like to see where a few of the top RBs end up, a little more this year than I normally do.

I have been a bit quiet on the upcoming fantasy season, but I have been waiting until the draft and a few things get situated.

On that note, I wish fantasy season would hurry up and get here already~! :dance:

TZ DZ fan