Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:45 am 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
*NOTE* I have little desire to further discuss the "That Other Joint" board here anymore, that simply is the past.
But I do feel I "owe it" to our fantasy football team members, to finish out the rest of the season with my "TZ DZ Fan Rants~!", and here on PTE, is the only place you will see them from now on.

I hope eventually to have all of our fantasy team members here participating.

Here is a repost, of the current rant for your review.

Here is how our wonderful participating ICONS are doing after week 11.

TZDZ Fan---------TZDZ MINIONS ------- 8-3
bkirby----------MapleStreet Monsters----- 7-4
Crash Man-------- Blue Darters --------- 6-5
LazyboyX51-------The Dark Horse ----- 6-5
who knows/mystery ----- Blitzburgh Reapers ---- 5-5-1 (tie)
StillValleyBard(SVB)---Washington SVBeez--- 5-6
patton29---------Crofton Snakeheads -------- 3-7-1 (tie)
NYR94-------- MUDCATS ----------- 3-8

Weekly highlights---

The surprise of the week, had to be my match up with Crash and his Blue Darters. I had pretty much conceded the match, as on paper he was a favorite, but a last minute pick up helped me tremendously.
I chose to "gamble" on picking up Chester Taylor, and letting him fill in my depleting running back holes. I have had 3 severe injuries, and 2 of the 3 are out for the season. (Deuce McCallister, then Ronnie Brown) Now Larry Johnson may or may not make it back. I have been battling this bullshite of ailing running backs for the whole season now, but somehow I managed to get lucky enough to make some good choices and I have still gotten great results.
Well Taylor picked up a HUGE 38 points, and T.O. exploded for 44. I said last week that I would need a few "superhuman efforts" to beat Crash, and thats exactly what happened, luckily for me.
Another thing, is his very strong Indy Colts players (he starts 3) combined for a lowly 18 points. That is very unusual indeed, and the Colts looked pretty bad in their game, his players included. Peyton Manning killed you bro!!!!
The total point difference, was 135-73. That sounds like alot, but in all honesty, if you had strong performances by your Indy players (as is normally the case you know), and Steve Smith,(I think he didn't play at the last minute) then it truly could have been a different story. Who knows???

Lazy's "Dark Horse" squad, defeated pattons Snakeheads, who had undoubtedly been hurt by the absence of Adrian Peterson. This was actually a good match up (114-92),but the Snakeheads generally underperformed, and didn't have any real strong numbers, except from Favre. Lazy's team had very solid numbers across the board, and thats tough for anyone to beat. Hell he even got 17 points from the NY Giants defense! Thats always a boost. Speaking of that, he also got 17 from his kicker............WTF????? Those two sparklers are a pleasant mystery indeed for Lazy.

bkirby's Monsters soundly whooped the NYR94 Mudcats, but thats no surprise as the Monsters have been solid all year long. But you know whats scary???? NYR's team has lost 8 straight, and had he changed 2 spots this week (where the players didn't play), then he may have squeaked one past bkirby, had Tom Brady NOT put up another assload of points. (47)

Finally, the SVBeez got beaten by the mystery Reapers. 71-81. Another close one, that admittedly SVB should have won.
His Pittsburgh players really dropped the ball this week. Big Ben only got him 9 points, and Willie Parker a lowly 5. All things aside,SVB should have won this match up, but his players just let him down. A truly sad day in the SVB household, as he needed a win to try and squeeze his way into the playoff picture.
You better beat patton this week bro, is all I can tell ya!

The "Hershey Squirts" award of the week-

Lo and behold, we have a new winner this week people! This one goes out to our boy SVB. His team of crippletards couldn't beat the Reapers, and the Reapers have not had their squad tinkered with the entire season. So essentially the SVBeez were beaten "blind". His running backs haven't really helped him too much this year, and this week they helped to sink his ship as well as Roethlisberger, who didn't do much either. Something else I noticed SVB, you seem to have some tight end problems. I can't remember seeing any nice numbers being put up by any of your tight ends.
If you really want the truth, ever since I met you on this board, I kinda figured you had some "tight end problems", and after seeing the results of your fantasy squad, I guess it just goes hand in hand. :D

The match up to watch this week-

Patton is in a unique position. His Snakeheads aren't a threat for the playoffs this season now, but the SVBeez are still capable of doing some damage. Basically patton and his Snakeheads can play "spoiler" by putting the SVBeez out to pasture.
Not only is it interesting because of that, boys..........but on paper its as close as it gets. The projections are 97-96, in the SVBeez favor.
I am certain you guys are going to be scrambling to make the best of the situation, right until the last minute, by trying to field the best squad possible.
SVB, if you want to sneak into the playoffs, this is a must win for you bro. :twisted:

Closing notes- This season really seems to have "flown by". It seems like only last week when we were scrambling up players for our little league.
It has been very fun, and I have enjoyed it, win, lose, or draw.

I have also gotten a kick out of writing these little Rants~!™ for you guys as well.

Start making your last minute changes for the dash to the playoffs.........!

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:31 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Glad to hear that these rants will continue because I do love me some TZ DZ fantasy football rants!!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:45 pm 

I got a 30 point headstart on ya Lazy! Thats about the projections though, right on the money I think.

Notice SVB is getting the shite kicked out of him by patton thusfar. The majority of SVB's team has yet to play though.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:22 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
:(

SalvadoreVanBuren wrote:
Keep your mouth shut about my team , cause next week me and you go head to head. Thats the only win I want for the rest of the season. I have put the playoffs behind me after the extreme and I mean EXTREME ass whooping I am taking from Patton. I put up some good points as well, if Lee Evans or Ronald Curry could have had good games I might have had a chance.
.....I wish.

Anyway back to my point, next week TZ DZ IS GOING DOWN!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:31 pm 

SalvadoreVanBuren wrote:
Keep your mouth shut about my team :P :P :P , cause next week me and you go head to head. Thats the only win I want for the rest of the season. I have put the playoffs behind me after the extreme and I mean EXTREME ass whooping I am taking from Patton. I put up some good points as well, if Lee Evans or Ronald Curry could have had good games I might have had a chance.
.....I wish.

Anyway back to my point, next week TZ DZ IS GOING DOWN!

Yeah, Evans and Curry, really killed you. But its not like you are completely dead, sure you are gonna lose, but 2 of your better scorers are playing tonight, and more than likely they will put up some good numbers.
So it won't appear to be the outright massacre that it has been so far this week, at least in retrospect.

Look for the next rant here tomorrow.

Speaking of that, has anyone spoken to Ryan? I thought I sent him invites to this board also.
He seems to have disappeared.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:28 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:06 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Arghh

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:15 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
*NOTE*
TZDZ Fan---------TZDZ MINIONS ------- 8-3

who knows/mystery ----- Blitzburgh Reapers ---- 5-5-1 (tie)

StillValleyBard(SVB)---Washington SVBeez--- 5-6

NYR94-------- MUDCATS ----------- 3-8

Weekly highlights---

Finally, the SVBeez got beaten by the mystery Reapers. 71-81. Another close one, that admittedly SVB should have won.
His Pittsburgh players really dropped the ball this week. Big Ben only got him 9 points, and Willie Parker a lowly 5. All things aside,SVB should have won this match up, but his players just let him down. A truly sad day in the SVB household, as he needed a win to try and squeeze his way into the playoff picture.
You better beat patton this week bro, is all I can tell ya!

The "Hershey Squirts" award of the week-

Lo and behold, we have a new winner this week people! This one goes out to our boy SVB. His team of crippletards couldn't beat the Reapers, and the Reapers have not had their squad tinkered with the entire season. So essentially the SVBeez were beaten "blind". His running backs haven't really helped him too much this year, and this week they helped to sink his ship as well as Roethlisberger, who didn't do much either. Something else I noticed SVB, you seem to have some tight end problems. I can't remember seeing any nice numbers being put up by any of your tight ends.
If you really want the truth, ever since I met you on this board, I kinda figured you had some "tight end problems", and after seeing the results of your fantasy squad, I guess it just goes hand in hand. :D

The match up to watch this week-

Patton is in a unique position. His Snakeheads aren't a threat for the playoffs this season now, but the SVBeez are still capable of doing some damage. Basically patton and his Snakeheads can play "spoiler" by putting the SVBeez out to pasture.
Not only is it interesting because of that, boys..........but on paper its as close as it gets. The projections are 97-96, in the SVBeez favor.
I am certain you guys are going to be scrambling to make the best of the situation, right until the last minute, by trying to field the best squad possible.
SVB, if you want to sneak into the playoffs, this is a must win for you bro. :twisted:

Closing notes- This season really seems to have "flown by". It seems like only last week when we were scrambling up players for our little league.
It has been very fun, and I have enjoyed it, win, lose, or draw.

I have also gotten a kick out of writing these little Rants~!™ for you guys as well.

Start making your last minute changes for the dash to the playoffs.........!

TZ DZ Fan

f@%k Ya....Friday night flashback thread :dance: For the record....never found out who that mystery team was. Nice One, Cy.

My teams have always let me down. But I can thankfully say that I have yet to lose to a team this year that hasn't updated their rosters...as I did the two Fantasy seasons previous. Must be the whole money factor. ;)

TZDZ, you are pretty damn good at this stuff for only being a novice at the beginning. I dont belive I have ever beaten you ...or if I did I did it once and it was by sheer luck or a by some F Up by one of your guys on roster.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:08 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Wow retro baby. Nice find SVB.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW